We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Mescaline Experience Summary Options

un-known-ome
#1 Posted : 5/12/2012 7:11:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thursday evening, around 7:00 pm, my friend and I indulged in the mescaline HCl I extracted from 100 grams of San Pedro powder. I swallowed 700 milligrams and my friend 400. He was not significantly affected, but reported feeling stimulated up until we parted ways. Having never experienced mescaline, I don't know where to rate the intensity of my trip, but it would have only been moderate at best.

It took a minimum of an hour and a half for me to enter the threshold of the trip, which I can only describe as mild euphoria. My visuals were not spectacular, but nothing looked normal. This was not the change in my vision that I have experienced with tryptamines, but more like MDMA if the intensity turned down. In fact, I would describe the trip as a longer lasting, less-intense MDMA experience. My pupils were blown, which is an observation I like to make in order to confirm that a chemical is taking effect. I felt like I was on the brink of something as the trip peaked, but of what I don't know. Certainly I was not afraid of what that "something" was and would like to have gone deeper at the time, but 24 hours later I have mixed feelings about the experience.

The mescaline made it incredibly difficult to sleep that night (obviously) and it wasn't until midday Friday that I finally got some rest. I attribute my lethargy to the lack of sleep, but I'm confident the mescaline is responsible for the headaches I've experienced over the past 24 hours. As absurd as this might sound, I can count on one hand the occasions that I've suffered from headaches in my life, none of which I've ever sought relief from. This is bearable, but far from something I care to deal with again. As I recall I found it very hard to concentrate during the trip, and was struggling to follow the conversation with my more sober friend. Also, I felt that the trip lasted too long for my liking, not unlike LSD.

Anyway, I have 100 grams of cactus powder left. If I were to perform another extraction, would it be best to take all of the mescaline as an individual dose? Or is extraction not the recommended route?
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Wax
#2 Posted : 5/12/2012 7:16:19 AM

LUVR

Sounds like you need to up your dose next time Very happy It's WELL worth it.

I got a horrible headache the next day as well but I was told it was probably dehydration, like you said it is very similar feeling to MDMA and apparently you should be hydrating as if it were.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

un-known-ome
#3 Posted : 5/12/2012 11:22:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whatever the cause of the headache, ephedrine seems to have cleared it up nicely.

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

mew
#4 Posted : 5/13/2012 5:15:23 AM

huachumancer

bro, did you bother cleaning up your hcl?

because at 700 mg you definitely know its "on"

additionally, you may be salting a dilute salt combined of mesc hcl and reactants of hcl salting and naoh particles floating in your nps. there have been reports of infinite salting, yet after clean up the excess salts are washed away.

700 mg of twice cleaned mesc hcl lead me to see genesis unfold from tim burtons alice in wonderland, so... its definitely enough. additionally, aldous huxley took around 350 mg for a profound experience (his was infacet pure mesc, not alkaloids + mesc)

i wouldnt increase your dosage till you clean much much more, 400 mg is enough to have visuals btw, your buddy would have been full on ecstatic at 3 hours

jamie
#5 Posted : 5/13/2012 5:31:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I always had headaches and some soreness the day after taking san pedro..

Your experience sounds like a microdose though..nothing like full blown cacti.
Long live the unwoke.

un-known-ome
#6 Posted : 5/13/2012 5:35:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mew wrote:
bro, did you bother cleaning up your hcl?

because at 700 mg you definitely know its "on"

additionally, you may be salting a dilute salt combined of mesc hcl and reactants of hcl salting and naoh particles floating in your nps. there have been reports of infinite salting, yet after clean up the excess salts are washed away.

700 mg of twice cleaned mesc hcl lead me to see genesis unfold from tim burtons alice in wonderland, so... its definitely enough. additionally, aldous huxley took around 350 mg for a profound experience (his was infacet pure mesc, not alkaloids + mesc)

i wouldnt increase your dosage till you clean much much more, 400 mg is enough to have visuals btw, your buddy would have been full on ecstatic at 3 hours

I did perform acetone and 99% IPA washes on my extraction product and at least halved the original weight. I realize that I would have experienced much more profound effects if I had consumed pure mescaline hcl BUT I never imagined that I had recovered a pure product. This is why I'm questioning whether extraction is the best way to go about it, and if were to extract again I imagine I should not split up the bounty and take everything at once. Also, I absolutely KNEW something was on and felt it strongly but it wasn't mind-blowing, so I'm wondering for future reference what was the mescaline content of the 700 milligrams I consumed...maybe 150 mg?

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

mew
#7 Posted : 5/13/2012 7:45:31 AM

huachumancer

700 mg can remove most people from egoic capacity, while others for whatever reason may remain "intact" yet still be an embodiment of the compound itself, mescaline.

i suggest getting fresh cacti and eating it after drying it yourself. after you have attained a level of "hyperspace" youll know what exactly youre playing with and there will be no mistakes if you took the amount you assumed or not.

as i read before, you should learn to make a good cup of coffee before extracting caffeine

headache can easily avoided by prehydrating the day before dosing with adequate water. during your experience if you take the refined compound then you can easily hydrate then, however when using cacti in the flesh excessive hydration should be avoided due to the likeliness of unessary nausea you can avoid by simply drinking before.

soreness is atypical for me, i tend to feel pleasant, not energized but not weakened. it often feels like i got a nice work out in during the experience, but nothing too strenuous.

mew
#8 Posted : 5/13/2012 7:48:12 AM

huachumancer

dry ipa is used to wash away the multialkaloid salt and yield both pure mesc hcl and mesc like alkaloids, separately.

Bezerker
#9 Posted : 5/14/2012 12:42:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
as i read before, you should learn to make a good cup of coffee before extracting caffeine

That is a great quote!

700mgs should've knocked your socks off. I wonder what else was in there and maybe it could've given you a headache. Although I have read about mescaline headaches before. Almost as common as nausea.

Also, why would you dose so high? 700mgs of "mystery mescaline" is still a super high dose. Me thinks you knew it was impure and tried to over shoot. Otherwise, why so much on a test-run?
The bridge between goals and accomplishments....Self-discipline.

un-known-ome
#10 Posted : 5/14/2012 3:24:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bezerker wrote:
Quote:

That is a great quote!

700mgs should've knocked your socks off. I wonder what else was in there and maybe it could've given you a headache. Although I have read about mescaline headaches before. Almost as common as nausea.

Also, why would you dose so high? 700mgs of "mystery mescaline" is still a super high dose. Me thinks you knew it was impure and tried to over shoot. Otherwise, why so much on a test-run?

In truth I had no idea, and actually redosed with 280mg from an original dose of 440mg about three hours in after realizing that I was not going to have a full-blown cacti trip. Obviously I didn't get 720mg of mescaline hcl, and I have no doubts about that. I think I will try to refine my extraction technique on the rest of the powder I have, and based on the results I will choose to pursue some fresh cactus.

Have you personally extracted before? And if so, how much of your final product do you dose?

Thanks.

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

mew
#11 Posted : 5/14/2012 6:57:20 AM

huachumancer

personally the most ive eaten is 1.2 g pure bridgesii hcl, twice cleaned with dry acetone. ive also eaten 3 feet of bridgesii in the form of powdered flesh.

for first timers, 1 foot is a good place to start. or 500mg mesc alkaloids.

my yields are around 5% when using the outter 5mm of dehydrated green flesh of t bridgesii

nps=dlimo
i dont like the smell/taste/feeling i get from xylene so ive abandoned using it altogether

Bezerker
#12 Posted : 5/15/2012 12:37:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Have you personally extracted before? And if so, how much of your final product do you dose?

Yes I've done nearly 10 extractions over the last 4 years.

Always used xylene and hcl. The pic is of my last extraction, before the clean-up with cold acetone. Nice clear needles because I finally figured out to be stingy with the HcL.

I dose around 400mgs when at home and 250mgs when out in public. I saw Perfect Circle in SF on a 250mg dose and it waas amazing. I like higher doses at the comfort of my own home, sitting around a campfire and star gazing.
Bezerker attached the following image(s):
IMG00246-20110819-0821.jpg (327kb) downloaded 1,915 time(s).
The bridge between goals and accomplishments....Self-discipline.

futura
#13 Posted : 5/15/2012 8:05:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I've done nearly 10 extractions over the last 4 years.

Always used xylene and hcl. The pic is of my last extraction, before the clean-up with cold acetone. Nice clear needles because I finally figured out to be stingy with the HcL.

quote]

Wow!!!! Really clean!!! What PH do you shoot for?? I try and titrate to between 6.6 and 7.0 using 10% HCL Solution but mine tends to still be a bit off white...

Maybe thats cause I use D-Limo instead of Xylene??

Was thinkng about using Heptane(Bestine) instead of D-Limo next time...

Anyone ever try that??

Infundibulum
#14 Posted : 5/15/2012 10:37:14 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

un-known-ome wrote:
Thursday evening, around 7:00 pm, my friend and I indulged in the mescaline HCl I extracted from 100 grams of San Pedro powder. I swallowed 700 milligrams and my friend 400. He was not significantly affected, but reported feeling stimulated up until we parted ways. Having never experienced mescaline, I don't know where to rate the intensity of my trip, but it would have only been moderate at best.

It took a minimum of an hour and a half for me to enter the threshold of the trip, which I can only describe as mild euphoria. My visuals were not spectacular, but nothing looked normal. This was not the change in my vision that I have experienced with tryptamines, but more like MDMA if the intensity turned down. In fact, I would describe the trip as a longer lasting, less-intense MDMA experience. My pupils were blown, which is an observation I like to make in order to confirm that a chemical is taking effect. I felt like I was on the brink of something as the trip peaked, but of what I don't know. Certainly I was not afraid of what that "something" was and would like to have gone deeper at the time, but 24 hours later I have mixed feelings about the experience.

The mescaline made it incredibly difficult to sleep that night (obviously) and it wasn't until midday Friday that I finally got some rest. I attribute my lethargy to the lack of sleep, but I'm confident the mescaline is responsible for the headaches I've experienced over the past 24 hours. As absurd as this might sound, I can count on one hand the occasions that I've suffered from headaches in my life, none of which I've ever sought relief from. This is bearable, but far from something I care to deal with again. As I recall I found it very hard to concentrate during the trip, and was struggling to follow the conversation with my more sober friend. Also, I felt that the trip lasted too long for my liking, not unlike LSD.

Anyway, I have 100 grams of cactus powder left. If I were to perform another extraction, would it be best to take all of the mescaline as an individual dose? Or is extraction not the recommended route?

check this

It is likely that most of your mescaline is tainted with sodium chloride. How does it taste? Does it have a salty taste? It should taste only bitter. And what was your yield?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

un-known-ome
#15 Posted : 5/15/2012 2:15:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
this[/url]

It is likely that most of your mescaline is tainted with sodium chloride. How does it taste? Does it have a salty taste? It should taste only bitter. And what was your yield?

One of my blunders was not to taste the final product before stuffing it into gel-caps. After cleaning, I yielded 1.16 grams--and if I'm understanding you correctly--the majority of which was table salt?

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

Infundibulum
#16 Posted : 5/15/2012 5:01:20 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

un-known-ome wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:
this[/url]

One of my blunders was not to taste the final product before stuffing it into gel-caps. After cleaning, I yielded 1.16 grams--and if I'm understanding you correctly--the majority of which was table salt?

I do not know about the majority, but a fair amount might very well have been table salt if you used sodium hydroxide to basify and hydrochloric acid as the acid for the NP salting.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

un-known-ome
#17 Posted : 5/15/2012 5:32:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
un-known-ome wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:
this[/url]

I do not know about the majority, but a fair amount might very well have been table salt if you used sodium hydroxide to basify and hydrochloric acid as the acid for the NP salting.

I find it humorous to think that I made table salt after performing an extraction that I thought would yield mescaline. I didn't end up with pure mescaline, but even so, shouldn't I still have gotten that 1% mescaline by weight? Is a powerful dose of mescaline still recoverable from the basified cactus soup?

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

mew
#18 Posted : 5/15/2012 9:13:29 PM

huachumancer

theres no telling, tell us

un-known-ome
#19 Posted : 5/15/2012 10:03:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mew wrote:
theres no telling, tell us

I will...once I find out. BUT this is the source of my confusion: I performed the extraction, and although I ended up with some mescaline I clearly didn't get it all. So how do I extract the rest of the mescaline? Pulling with xylene, salting with HCl, and evaporating didn't recover all of the mescaline, so what should've/should I have done/do?

Dead-Yolk-Mau5

The year is 01 ADMT

mew
#20 Posted : 5/15/2012 10:33:32 PM

huachumancer

1. what concentration was your salting solution
2. whats the ph of the extraction
3. how long has it been sitting bassified
4. make sure when you pull (xylene or limo) it sits in another vessel and is alowed to let all water separate, then siphon off/ pour off 80% of the nps and throw the other 20% back in the bassic extraction soup, ensuring all water stays behind
5. salt with 25 ml of water with 5 ml of 10% HCl solution (thats realllly dilute, this is a major factor in most peoples success when salting with hcl)
6. repeat until satisfied (its best to collect all the nps first then salt and resalt all of it)
7. evap in dehydrator/fan/hairdryer (with "cool" setting on)
8. scrap and powder
9. put into vial
10. wash with dry acetone

12NEXT