We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Massive DMT bust Options

magic clown
#41 Posted : 1/17/2009 8:42:16 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

One tree could produce dozens of pounds of Spice. Tress are big things that weigh hundreds of tons some trees weigh thousands of tons. The roots sytems of a tree are like icebergs. If someting like 100 pounds of root bark can produce one pound of spice. In the scale of a tree 100 pounds of bark is no big deal.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Darkbb
#42 Posted : 1/17/2009 8:50:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

that movie is such bull shit. just another example of why i hate the media.

bufoman
#43 Posted : 1/17/2009 8:51:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
'Coatl wrote:
Well ok. Just seemed like 1.4 pounds would take alot of freaking bark.

The problem with claiming that DMT has been used for 1000s of years is that it wasn't used in freebase form. If it was a plant on the table instead of a pile of crystals people would feel very differently about all this.

dmt was used for thousands of years in several different kinds of preparations. When dmt containing snuff is used, it is generally mixed with some base, so yes it was used as a snuff in base form. But yes it wasnt smoked.

one can also have the full respect for it in crystal form, coatl. You may not understand or agree but it is true. This forum is a proof of it.

It is well known that the freebased snuffs were smoked by several tribes, so yes DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and Bufotenine were all used as the freebase and ingested via inhalation (freebasing) for thousands of years. So it has been smoked, snorted, and ingested for thousands of years. Also I doubt it would make any difference if it was the plant or crystals people think both are bad, look at cannabis, salvia, mushrooms.... Law enforcement is just less likely to think a unknown plant (to them) is suspicious. Believe me they don't care what form it is in, just that if it makes you feel good or not.

bufoman
#44 Posted : 1/17/2009 9:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

magic clown wrote:
One tree could produce dozens of pounds of Spice. Tress are big things that weigh hundreds of tons some trees weigh thousands of tons. The roots sytems of a tree are like icebergs. If someting like 100 pounds of bark can produce one pound of spice. In the scale of a tree 100 pounds of bark is no big deal.

It is not the bark it is the root bark. 1000g of bark would give you about 10g spice (not pure white crystals either). For 100g you would need 10,000g. For 500g you would need 50,000g bark. It is like 95 pounds of bark, for one pound like you said. It seems unlikely that a single tree has that much root bark maybe but I doubt it. One tree could certainly not produce dozens of pounds of spice. There is not 1000 pounds of RB on a single tree. It is likely synthetic, think of the amount of material that would be needed to process all of this. Plus the bark aint cheap and where did they get it from, unless they are importing the crystals form mexico, maybe then the used the bark? But It would be much cheaper and easier for someone in the US or mexico who knows what they are doing to synthesize that quantity. They used to do it in the 60's all the time and people still do today look up Skinner and Pickard. Nick Sands would make 1 kilo batchs of DMT at a time starting from indole. People with this much are not extracting it.

amor_fati
#45 Posted : 1/17/2009 10:06:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's guessing it was synthesized, and that either the news show was just going off of its own (lack of) research or the guy is claiming to have extracted so as to conceal the sources of the chemicals used.

telektonon
#46 Posted : 1/18/2009 11:15:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Notice how they edited the youtube videos to manipulate them to coincide with their misinformation. This is the reason I flag every youtube video on the subject matter. These dumbass videos on youtube do the entho's no justice at all and they actually do nothing but attract negative attention and provide clips that can be twisted to fit the needs of the media. Everyone needs to join in and flag videos of that nature for this reason alone.

ohayoco
#47 Posted : 1/19/2009 2:00:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It sucks. I hope the customers get cured of all their addictive tendencies after smoking DMT, such that the dealers cure and lose their market.

And that video... wow. I've never in my whole life seen such blatently falsified propaganda. I've never imagined such blatent misinformation being spread in a Western country. America scares the shit out of me.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

bufoman
#48 Posted : 1/19/2009 2:59:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I posted this on another thread but i think it is relevant it is in regards to the war on drug and prohibition:

The drug war is about one thing, $, it always has been and it always will be, they don't give a fuck about public health or safety. Prohibition has made drug use 100,000 times more dangerous than it was pre prohibition there is no debating this fact. Additionally it does nothing to curtail use The same % of the population uses drugs than before prohibition, thus they obviously don't are about health because they are responsible for creating the dangers of drug use. Not to mention the criminal enterprises that have been generated by prohibition. It is sick that a government would do this to its own people. Propaganda is very powerful, people actually think that these people are trying to help us. When they are actually destroying public health and safety and putting us all at risk. It is a vicious cycle. The war on drugs is an industry, one of the biggest in the country. These are powerful people, who just want a job and a bigger budget. History will look back at the prohibitionists as we look back now at people like McCarthy and Stalin. Sick sick people who exploit the people through lies and fear.

magic clown
#49 Posted : 1/19/2009 6:46:41 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Bufoman, I was talking hypotheticaly about what a tree can produce. I have no idea how big a mimosa tree grows. But An average sized tree will weigh a few hundred tons. I don't doubt at all that a trees root bark would easily wiegh more than a couple of tons. A couple of tons of bark will produce lots more spice than we are talking about here.

However, I had no doubt whatsoever as soon as I read the quantity, that this was a synthetic product.

I have no problem at all with people making spice synthetically. The people who do so, are heros fighting the drugs war. The fact that these people have done something that your all scared may bring the authorities down on our little world of extractions, is niether here nor there. That guy was on our side not the DEAs. He is not the one who wishes to prohibit our hobbie. He deserves our respect.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

magic clown
#50 Posted : 1/20/2009 12:42:11 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

To agree with the statement "To all those who would sell DMT, fuck off"! You do the DEAs work for them.

bufoman
#51 Posted : 1/20/2009 12:54:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A tree does not produce tons of root bark. That is absolutely wrong. A medium size tree may have a couple hundred pounds of root bark max. No one is doing the DEA's work for them. You don't seem to understand the issues, this is only going to draw negative unneeded attention to DMT. Not only will many responsible people suffer but scientific research will suffer. Now a bunch of high school kids will hear about DMT on the news and go out and buy it many of them will have a bad trip and there mommy and daddy will take them to the hospital. Then the news will come along and .... the cycle repeats its self. There is no reason to sell these substances in the current situation, if anything they should be given away as the brother hood does. Anyone who wants to have access to these things can, it is that simple. You don't know that guys intentions, if all he cared about was money then he is not concern with turning people on. Its one thing to turn people on its another to sell drugs to random people for a profit. You are intitaled to your beliefs however they seem to be destructive to the community and will only result in greater restrictions.

magic clown
#52 Posted : 1/20/2009 1:35:17 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

A comunity of scared people who do not dare to show their faces. Brilliant! Your willing subserviance keeps you and by default me week. I resent it.

bufoman
#53 Posted : 1/20/2009 1:38:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Logical is quite a different concept from scared. I would love to hear your plan rather than calling everyone names. Please what do you suggest is done?

For someone who claims they aren't scared to have this below there statements:

Infundibulum
#54 Posted : 1/20/2009 1:54:31 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I've heard that Robin Hood's fellow-men were hiding in a Sherwood forest

I've heard Zapatistas are covering their faces

I've heard samurai's also hide their faces

I've heard guerillas of any nation and any time hide in the wilderness

Scared? Tactical? Successful?

Damn, time only shows

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

magic clown
#55 Posted : 1/20/2009 2:10:00 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

My signiture is a statement of fact you can see pictures of me at work in the lets put a face to the name thread here in the hyperspace tavern. I have not called anyone names. I call a spade a spade, it is honest and direct.

bufoman
#56 Posted : 1/20/2009 2:21:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Please tell me again what are you doing to fight the DEA? and what should we do? Rather than say these things without any reasons or logic to back them up. Do you have a plan? You have yet to answer and I have asked you multiple times. You should look into the effect that timothy leary had on the psychedelic movement it was a very negative one and scientific research still has not fully recovered.

magic clown
#57 Posted : 1/20/2009 2:43:06 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I am writting this from a mobile phone its not easy for me to communicate plus its very late where I am. I shall continue tomorrow on proper computer. I get frustrated at our communities lack of co-ordination in tackleing the DEA. We share the same passions. I should of been postting "Post here only if your not normal thread" tonight.

bufoman
#58 Posted : 1/20/2009 3:07:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would really like to hear your ideas. However I don't think you realize that people are effectively dealing with this problem in an organized logical fashion. You are completly ignoring this fact and you need to look into MAPs, Heffter Research, and Erowid among other groups. These groups are a part of our community and are doing a lot to deal with these problems. I really don't know what you are possibly going to say, but any direct, extremist, approach is not going to work and will just draw negative attention. It has nothing to do with being a pussy it has to do with being intelligent. The public perception has to change, it is very hard to do this with the mountains of propaganda that are spewed out by the DEA. But it is slowly occurring, medical marijuana is the first step then people will realize the lies of the DEA and that they were only acting to create crime and deteriorate public health through their irresponsible policies. What you seem to be suggesting is like asking the jews to come out of hiding and confront the nazi's. This is very illogical and will not work, luckily our situation is a little better than this but there are similarities. Many people do speak up and other publish their work with out fear. Shulgin, Nichols, Jacobs, Ott, McKenna, Metzner, Hoffman, Schultes. These are members of our community don't forget that. When I was younger I favored more radical measures but studying history and logic I saw that there are effective ways to do things. The above people are smart and now what they are doing, the last thing we need is another Timothy Leary.

burnt
#59 Posted : 1/20/2009 9:11:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

While I agree that one of the best ways to go about changing things in a public sense is by gathering sound data and sharing it with the public and scientific community. But magic clown does have a point that the people making drugs on large scales are keeping the drug community supplied and going in many cases. Think of all the people who cook lsd without them SWIM would have never taken lsd and owes his entire psychedelic beginnings to those so called 'criminals'.

amor_fati
#60 Posted : 1/20/2009 6:07:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The drugwar isn't going to end by the efforts of publicly admitted illicit drug-users/manufacturers. What this community can do is help to establish the cultural context upon which the drugwar can no longer viably thrive. Reducing the monetary factors is one of the ways this can occur.

Certainly this man has in some sense done something immense, but it is clear that he did so irresponsibly, for personal material gain, and at great cost to this community.

PREV1234NEXT