We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Massive DMT bust Options

Infundibulum
#1 Posted : 1/16/2009 10:43:16 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Just read the thing in the shroomery,

Record seizure of hallucinogenic in NJ:

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - January 15, 2009 -- New Jersey state police say they've made the largest seizure of the drug known as "businessman's LSD" in the state's history.

State Police Superintendent Rick Fuentes says the hallucinogenic drug, known by scientists as "dimethyltryptamine", or DMT, is becoming increasingly popular in the regional club scene.

Troopers seized about 1.4 pounds of DMT from a 33-year-old software engineer named Yusuf Samantar during a Saturday morning traffic stop on the New Jersey Turnpike after the Newark resident was seen driving erratically.

Police say the bust represents the first dealer-sized quantity of DMT seized in New Jersey.

DMT is typically sold for about $200 a gram, giving the seizure a street value of about $127,000.

Link here

(link edited to include video)

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 1/16/2009 10:47:44 AM

ModeratorChemical expert

This is not going to be good, we tend to see more dmt busts making the news. And this guy had some dmt business going, I cannot even imagine 1.4 pounds of dmt. Unfortunately there must be increased demand. I can only comment one thing:

To people willing to buy dmt: Feel free to fuck aff
to people willing to sell dmt: Feel free to fuck aff

I feel utterly disappointed and angry. I can only imagine where they got their extraction recipes from. I can only imagine from which website they might have asked for help with extractions. And I can only imagine that 1.4 pounds is enough for LEO to start googling "dmt" more and more often.

burnt
#3 Posted : 1/16/2009 11:07:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

This is probably a synthetic operation as that is a lot of dmt. That would be a rediculous amount of plant material. But yes the more news the more busts the more likely they will start to crack down on high dmt containing plants. Sucks.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 1/16/2009 11:27:42 AM

ModeratorChemical expert

Unless there was a ring of people, each one extracting 5 kilos at home (~50g dmt assuming 1% yield) then pooling everything together and pushing it to wholesale retailers. Something very similar happens with cocaine extraction.

Extracting has been mace very simple, cheap and safe and requires not much knowledge. Synth on the other hand can be tricky, expensive and dangerous and a know-how is required. I can imagine why someone starting a said business would opt for extractions. $100-$200 per gram on the streets (which is not an unrealistic price) can ring the business bells to some minds. Cheap to extract, expensive to sell.

burnt
#5 Posted : 1/16/2009 12:04:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

True. The thing that irritates me the most about this is the comments at the bottom of that article. People are so stupid.

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 1/16/2009 12:15:04 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

The link also has the TV news broadcast, which features some seconds from a dmt video (basically teenies filming themselves tripping on dmt) that was posted on youtube.

This is also pretty worrying because I can imagine the authorities thinking: Yeah, let' find what's going on with this stuff, we did the same thing with salvia and we found pretty information to shock the public and enforce legislation (at least in some US states and few other countries around the globe).

Mimosa hostilis also features in the video as a source of the drug they busted.

lorax
#7 Posted : 1/16/2009 12:31:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

there was a thread in this forum recently where someone was asking about extractions in kilo quantities. Now why would someone wanna extract a whole kilo of mimosa at once? There must be some kind of greed driving it. Damn! I hate those greedy motherfuckers! I don't even wanna think of the money those guys selling it make. Its so cheap to make. And they sell it for 200$? WTF! Its like 180$ they make off a gram. I can't even start expressing my anger with words. Right now I feel like i wanna break something! There are no words for my anger. If I ever catch anyone selling it I will make sure that he will regret it! We all should do so!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

burnt
#8 Posted : 1/16/2009 1:08:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just because someone wants to extract a kilo doesn't mean they intend to sell the drug. Honestly this is ineviatable. People sell drugs, its an easy way to make money and there is demand for all kinds of weird drugs. DMT is becoming one of those drugs. It sucks because it will result in the authorities clamping down as they always do. This process will happen unless societies attitude towards drugs changes. That is the only real solution.

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 1/16/2009 1:10:29 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

I never really understood kilo-size bulk extractions to be honest. 100-200 grams extracted properly can keep someone happy for quite a few months. When one extracts 2-3 kilos for himself runs the danger of his spice degrading or going bad before he manages to finish it aff. Better extract smaller amounts (if one has a big batch) while the rest of the bark can rest in the freezer for quite a long time.

Without wanting to force any suspicions around, some shady business plans always comes to my mind when someone asks questions about bulk extractions. Not that it is the case, how could I ever be sure about such a claim? Just what comes to my mind and I reserve the right to be blatantly wrong on that.

69ron
#10 Posted : 1/16/2009 1:28:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM prefers to do bulk extractions whenever possible and he would never sell any.

DMT has appeared on the drug seen from time to time. It was quite popular in the 60’s and then faded away. LSD and mushrooms are still many thousands of times more popular than DMT. Even with all the mushroom busts you can still buy spores for growing them in many parts of the world.

DMT is not the same as salvinorin A. When salvia started getting popular, it became super popular because it wasn’t at all illegal. DMT is illegal in most parts of the world. Selling it is going to land you some serious jail time already. I don’t think new laws are needed to stop it’s sell.

DMT is more in-line with cocaine. Both are illegal, however the source plants are not illegal in many parts of the world. In the US even, you can legally buy and sell coca leaves. They contain cocaine at around 0.2%. No one is trying to make them illegal even though cocaine is a very serious problem in the US. Likewise, no one is trying to make mimosa illegal either.

Put it into perspective. It’s not as scary as it sounds.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 1/16/2009 2:06:52 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

69ron wrote:
Put it into perspective. It’s not as scary as it sounds.

I really hope that. But unfortunately it is down to brainless people to turn the situation into a big issue.

Also , true that spice never really became too popular in the 60s and lost popularity afterwards. We however live in an internet age where everyone can browse and find any information he/she wants.

The comparison with salvia is also interesting. It is true that it is/was a legal high and teenagers and other people dived in head first and sparked plenty of suspicion on this herb. However, MHRB is also used as a "legal" high and increasing amounts of people are getting acquainted with it. And it is an internet age; it takes a few clicks to find what MHRB has and how it works. Few more clicks and the basics of an extraction are known. Even more clicks and one can "confidently" start doing it.

I really wish things were not as scary as they sound and let's hope for that. Time will show however!

burnt
#12 Posted : 1/16/2009 2:11:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One important thing is that mimosa hostillis has a variety of legit uses. As a dye and as a medicine for skin infections. Banning the plant outright would be tough.

bufoman
#13 Posted : 1/16/2009 3:36:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

coca leaves are scheduled in the US however law enforcement does not really care because you can get them anywhere online and the effects are just like coffee nothing like cocaine.
Hemp also has a lot of non-drug/medicical uses and it was banned.
There is no way this was extracted, this was almost definitely a synthetic operation. That is a shit lot of DMT. Not only a lot of bark but a lot of NaOH, solvent.... Synthesis is hard for someone who doesn't know what there doing but anyone who knows chemistry could easily make a lot of DMT starting from indole as this is the highest yielding route.
The media is going to blow it out of proportion. Then more people who see it on the news will become interested. This will increase demand which will cause more busts and greater news cover. This will go on until another substance comes around which can be the scape goat of media. It is sad because this may lead to a crack down on the ayahuasca plant sources and people who use in responsibly will have great difficulty accessing it. Although it is fucking everywhere. People need to start looking for reliable sources that can be grown fast, and any where for the responsible users. These assholes are going to ruin it for everyone. The brotherhood of eternal love would sell LSD but would give other psychoactive like DMT and mescaline away for free. No one should sell this compound ever until it is legal. Anyone out there looking please don't buy it if it is available. Read, read, read. Buying and selling will only cause unwanted attention and ruin it for everyone.

bufoman
#14 Posted : 1/16/2009 3:59:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

God dammit that video pisses me off. They just make up what ever the fuck they want. This bull shit propaganda needs to stop. DMT is one of the safest hallucinogens known to man. It is a new drug? First off all It has been used for thousands of years without any negative effects. It may be one of the oldest used compounds known aside from bufotenine. Dangerous? It is a natural compound and neurotransmitter in all of our brains. Fucking liars and the media is just the fucking prohibition puppet. Grow a fucking spine, think for your self. Why the fuck were you even given a prefrontal cortex.

obliguhl
#15 Posted : 1/16/2009 4:03:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

See, that's why I'm so worried.

And that Video is very disturbing.

bufoman
#16 Posted : 1/16/2009 4:05:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And these fucking idiots with the online video's. Good damn people are dumb.
Terrorist related? Racists fucks.
Seizures, ill, loss of memory? Hum the 100's of times SWIM has done DMT this has not happened once.

obliguhl
#17 Posted : 1/16/2009 4:07:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum
#18 Posted : 1/16/2009 4:31:26 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

bufoman wrote:
And these fucking idiots with the online video's. Good damn people are dumb.
Terrorist related? Racists fucks.
Seizures, ill, loss of memory? Hum the 100's of times SWIM has done DMT this has not happened once.

This video has been really good at helping SWIM's friend understand why he always gets seizures, catches a cold and does not remember anything when he smokes dmt.

The other day he had a seizure in the evening while relaxing at home and when the seizure subsided he found himself at work the next day with a really sore throat and a running nose! He now understands that he must had smoked some dmt the last evening, damn!

Thanks to the reporters for helping people understand what kind of troubles one can get into when they use drugs so destructive as dmt.

bufoman
#19 Posted : 1/16/2009 4:39:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

True SWIM was in a coma one time for about a month it most have been the DMT that someone drugged him with.

Infundibulum
#20 Posted : 1/16/2009 5:03:52 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

bufoman wrote:
True SWIM was in a coma one time for about a month it most have been the DMT that someone drugged him with.

That sucks! dmt is really dangerous.

Does anybody else get the bleeding diarrhoea and intestinal worms when smoking dmt? The reporters forgot to mention side effects.

123NEXT»