We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Our World May Be a Gant Hologram Options

970Codfert
#21 Posted : 2/1/2009 5:22:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, I think your skepticism may have paid off. It would seem that the problem with the double slit experiment concerning electron movement and behavior is indeed the observation device. But not in the sense that you are describing and only if Shan Gao is correct. Shan Gao is a scientist who has brought some really strong evidence to light that jeopardizes the orthodox interpretation of the double slit results. He has suggested that the problem with the experiment is that motion is not correctly understood. This whole thing confused the fuck out me and I had to spend all evening reading to even start to understand a little bit. perhaps a new thread on the nature of motion is in order. I don't think the new interpretation of the double slit experiment nullifies the holographic theory, but it may tweak it a little. The supporters of the new interpretation stress that our world is indeed an inseparable whole, just as the holographic theory does.

The orthodox interpretation of the double slit experiment relies on continuous motion. Physics has widely accepted continuous motion as the only kind of motion. Shan Gao believes this is wrong. In order to understand the new interpretation of the double slit experiment, you need to know what discontinuous, random motion is. Here is a link where he explains discontinuous motion and his supporting arguments. http://www.quantummotion.org/books/godbook4.pdf

Next he explains that the universe is an inseparable whole in the form of time division. What ever that means. I need to read some more. here is that paper. http://www.quantummotion.org/papers/tdu.pdf

http://www.quantummotion.org/ is the homepage. Just so you know I'm not %100 convinced. His theory isn't very widely accepted and it seems really vague to me (although I haven't come up with any specific arguments) so next I'm going to look up some evidence against his theory.
All posts are fictional.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

970Codfert
#22 Posted : 2/1/2009 5:27:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the page where he specifically talks about the double slit experiment. http://www.quantummotion.org/dse.html
All posts are fictional.

flyboy
#23 Posted : 3/7/2009 8:32:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have thought that perhaps the visuals from psychedelics, particularly dmt could have something to do with wave patterns. When i look at something when going up on the trip, i see it move around, yet the closer i inspect it, the more still it becomes. For example, I look at my floor and i see it 'waving' up and down and left to right, yet when i get down on my hands and knees to check it out... it stops fricking moving!

One observation i've made is the objects in my vision wave, and move and spin, yet they always remain within certain bondaries. I won't see things flip completely upside down for example... they'll go back and forth on an axis but never 360.

Another observation, and this one kills me... why the FUCK is everything in our world made of two halves that are pretty much identitcal!?! I noticed it a few months ago... you can always find a way to split a person, a cat, a computer, a bus, a rock, a coin... almost anything can be split and divided into two identitical symetries... a table.. a chair.. it's like everything in this universe has to 'balance'... like the dna spirals. I don't know what to make of it, but its certainly a fundamental part of nature and dimensions.. sometimes i think that perhaps only ONE half of everything is real, and the seond half is a product of something akin to this holographic universe concept.

PREV12