We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
Quick guide to godly health. Options

olio
#61 Posted : 5/18/2012 10:30:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:
My ideal healthy life would look something like this:

1. Eat a diet of carrots and parsnips for every day of your life.
2. Spend 5 hours a day lifting weights, and doing core exercises.
3. Wear a spacesuit at all other times to minimise pathogenic exposure.
4. Avoid festivals, nightclubs, and any other places where women go fo "fun". (these places can be vexatious to a serious soul)
5. Do not watch tv, or use the internet either, and don't even think of cream cakes!
6. At all other times sleep and meditate as often as possible.

Living like this you will have health in abundance, live to 102 years of age, and be so 'godly' that even god would look like a sinner!.

Glad to be of assistence! Razz

102? I'm shooting for 10,000.
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#62 Posted : 5/30/2012 4:52:54 PM

just some guy

olio wrote:
(sponsoring the enslavement and torture of other living beings)...

You're really only insulting yourself with remarks like this. If you cannot see the benefit of anothers' way of life, there is no need to discuss it at all. All you end up doing is making yourself appear to be someone who bases his or her conduct upon belief and gut instinct, rather than fact and consideration for others' perspective.

Consider that, in your quest for a more fulfilling state of being, that what is best for the soul is to be good to your fellow man. Compassion will take you far... alienating others will end you up alone and miserable.

And if you really want to be light on your soul and the earth, forget the grass-fed beef. Raising cattle is resource-intensive and not neccesarily "easy" on the planet or the environment around them. Sure, it's good stuff and better than feedlot BS... but if you really want to go easy on your environment, find a source of food that's wild. Most places in the US have too many deer and other decent game animals because we kill of natural predators like coyotes, wolves and mountain lions. Get yourself a good rifle and put in the effort your own self. It'll save you a bunch of money (a deer can feed you for a year if you don't eat a lot of meat), and open you up to a side of life and humanity you may never have experienced.

If you don't have the stomach for it, your local butcher will have local game for your purchase, usually very cheap. However... if you can't bear to get blood on your hands, why would you want it in your gut? Honor yourself and your prey, and all will come full-circle.

flouro
#63 Posted : 6/16/2012 7:02:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=378137#post378137 do not take my advice on diets/nutrition posted bellow for that reason, let this be an alarming example on how to not do things properly

Kambogahuasca Panacea wrote:
On the Raw Food Tip:

The #1 advice I could give someone after 4 years of being a raw foodist (which ended 3 years ago) be very careful to keep the ego in check. It becomes very easy to think you are better than other people because you are eating and drinking so healthy, it is extremely tempting even. We must remember (health conscious folks) we are no better than someone eating a big mac, we just make different choices. Based on my 4 years as a Raw Foodist I have found that for now I can't go 100% because of my tendency to judge. Until I can get that in check being Raw would have no value whatsoever.

Also one becomes extremely sensitive on a raw diet and must be careful of what they let in their mental and spiritual screen so to speak.

In my humble opinion many Raw Foodists seem to carry an elitist attitude. Where I live there are many people eating local and to me that is far more important.

Just a bit I like to call, health is more within then without.

Hey can you give a little info on what kinds of foods did you eat? Just eating RAW is like saying I eat cooked, not really giving any information what you actually ate/are eating now. Did you calculate how much carbohydrates / fat / protein were you eating when you were raw? For example total calories consumed 2500 and 60% from carbohydrates, 30% from fat and 10% of the calories came from protein. How much fruit did you eat?

Also I differ, we are better than people eating a big mac. Why? Well for the ****s sake we (raw vegans) are not killing animals and most of us are not killing people either. You could be also saying that pacifists are no way better than the nazis using that logic. So for you it is important that people are still given the chance to kill others? Extending their own violence to others is a good thing? This eat local even if it was fresh born babies thing is just too ****** up Sick

(also not supporting companies raping earth)

olio wrote:
I'm considering going back to meat, maybe including one meal of organic, free range, grass-fed beef ceviche or something a week.
Now why would you do that? Does it give you godly health? Have you heard about science? You watched Forks Over Knives? Read www.leftinthedark.org.uk (under the book page you can even dl it for free) and browsed through the stuff @ www.30bananasaday.com If not then I suggest strongly that you do that.

Thing is that it takes a strict diet and a few years to detox the old gunk out depending on how bad your health were before deciding to quit the status quo bs. You hang in there for one crappy year and then it gets a lot easier depending on where you live for example in the north you do not get a lot of sunshine and good fruit but still doable and way better alternative to eating stupid.

It has been peer reviewed already by over 5000 fruit munchers @30bananasaday and one can verify that by watching videos by durianriders, freelee and others and the best part is that it does work.

(also did you know that red meat and meat in general carries a lot of parasites that are currently living in your intestines)

Shaolin
#64 Posted : 6/16/2012 11:22:08 AM

Stiletto Stoner

flouro wrote:
Have you heard about science? You watched Forks Over Knives?

I has, and so did Denise - review
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

christian
#65 Posted : 6/16/2012 4:00:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olio wrote:
102? I'm shooting for 10,000.

Haha!!

Moderation is the key i think. A healthy lifestyle isn't just about food, but our lives as being lived for a greater good. Godly dreams are just as important as Godly food.Wink
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

flouro
#66 Posted : 6/16/2012 7:15:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=378137#post378137 do not take my advice on diets/nutrition posted bellow for that reason, let this be an alarming example on how to not do things properly

Shaolin wrote:
flouro wrote:
Have you heard about science? You watched Forks Over Knives?

I has, and so did Denise - review
Can you give me a tlVery happyr version since I kinda tend to go to the source of performance not words.

"Parasites can get into the intestine by going through the mouth from uncooked or unwashed food, contaminated water or hands, or by skin contact with larva infected soil, they can also be transferred by the sexual act of anilingus in some cases. " - Wikipedia

Would you take advice from person that eats raw dead animals and does not understand this? Or is there a legit scientific claim that eating raw meat does not give one intestinal parasites?

olio
#67 Posted : 7/3/2012 6:27:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

flouro wrote:

olio wrote:
I'm considering going back to meat, maybe including one meal of organic, free range, grass-fed beef ceviche or something a week.
Now why would you do that? Does it give you godly health? Have you heard about science? You watched Forks Over Knives? Read www.leftinthedark.org.uk (under the book page you can even dl it for free) and browsed through the stuff @ www.30bananasaday.com If not then I suggest strongly that you do that.

Thing is that it takes a strict diet and a few years to detox the old gunk out depending on how bad your health were before deciding to quit the status quo bs. You hang in there for one crappy year and then it gets a lot easier depending on where you live for example in the north you do not get a lot of sunshine and good fruit but still doable and way better alternative to eating stupid.

It has been peer reviewed already by over 5000 fruit munchers @30bananasaday and one can verify that by watching videos by durianriders, freelee and others and the best part is that it does work.

(also did you know that red meat and meat in general carries a lot of parasites that are currently living in your intestines)

Yeah I think you're right, when I said I'm considering eating meat, it would be something wayyy down the road if I was in a position where my body was degrading as a result of the lack of animal proteins (which I doubt it ever will). The idea of eating a dead animal disgusts me though and if I were too I would have to hunt it myself and prepare it myself which I don't think I'm prepared to do.
Thanks for the information, and I think that kambo was saying we are all equal beings going through different paths, learning our own lessons and not one path is greater than any other, they are all necessary in this game of life. We can't judge what has to be.
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

jamie
#68 Posted : 7/3/2012 8:13:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

oh god the doug grahm fanboysConfused

I dont go to 30bananasaday anymore..but I wont get into that Smile

Sorry but I cannot stand the 811 people often, like durrianrider and freelee. These people are the most vain and superficial assholes in the raw food movement. I dont know what else to say. They are all sponsored by Doug Graham(they have an agenda), who does not even look that great in my honest opinion. Yes I have tried 811 a number of times, and it is a very detoxifying diet..it is also a starvation diet in my experience if you do it forever. Eating that little fat made me feel like I was withering away eventually..seriousily..doug grahm looks like he needs to eat an avacado asap. All these people do is sit around making youtube videos of other people in the health food movement they dont like..durrianrider has nothing better to do than make videos pasting david wolfes head to a dancing koala bear in some attempt to call him fat cus he eats nuts or something...they either bitch about people who dont support 811 doug graham fanboy diets or they make videos showing everyone how fast they can run or ride their bikes lol..then they go on talking about people who need ayahuasca for a jolt to wake up in the morning like a cup of coffee(yes I am serious durrianrider said ).."some call em shamanic, I call em toxic" lol..this is how these people win fans..they are certainly not real doctors so they rely on slogans and bashing other people over and over like David Wolfe and Daniel Vitalis.

So this is how I feel about 811 and the sort of diet that durrianrider pushes on everyone, bashing those who dont agree. I can eat that way with the exception of the low fat..I can eat 3 avacados a day and I feel a hell of a lot better. I can not eat grapes all day and feel that way..nor can I do bananas all day, which I have also done. It is a great way to detox, but I cant do that forever.

Wonder why a guy like Tim VanOrden does not support the doug graham diet? Cus hes not a prick and does not want to be bought out by some sponsor making fun of everyone else in some sick attempt to gain popularity....yes I can say I know this for a fact because my gf and other people I know know him personally.

Sorry, when I hear durrianrider and freelee I just feel like vomiting.

There is an air of elitism in the raw food community...and veganism in general. People bitch if you eat a steamed carrot or complain about how your not vegan cus you ate some bee pollen..not everyone is like this though.

It is the same when people try to make meat out to be something akin to the holocost. These people are just rediculous drama queens. Factory farming is what needs to end..beyond that ethical and sustainable hunting etc is a persons own business. All these people going to fancy raw food restaurants eating foods shipped here from across the planet are causing destruction to the environment as well..lets face it much gourmet raw food is not local..so the ego needs to go down a notch.

I dont like being called a raw foodest or a vegan anymore..cus Im neither. These are just stupid and silly labled people put on thigs so then can bicker bakc and forth about what % raw they are or whatever new thing is trendy this week. I dont eat meat, I dont eat dairy, I dont eat wheat. I eat bee products. I eat some steamed vegetables and I eat about 90% raw food and I dont drink tap water. Isn't that so much more descriptive than saying "Im a raw vegan"?

The diet that tony wright is talking about is not really the same as durrianrider..so to say that it is peer reviewed by the 30banannasaday people..well okay, which one? Durrian rider is talking about eating 80% calories from sweet fruits..10% from fat and 10% from protein..

Tony Wright is talking about fruitarian diets in general..which means any fruits, some green leafy things, some nuts and seeds etc..there is not specific fat restrictions like there is in an 80-10-10 doug gram diet that durrianrider, freelee and the people at 30bananasaday are all into. Some of those people look like they are anorexic kind of and dont have enough oils in their skin(mainly doug graham).

Long live the unwoke.

flouro
#69 Posted : 8/12/2012 8:09:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=378137#post378137 do not take my advice on diets/nutrition posted bellow for that reason, let this be an alarming example on how to NOT do things properly

jamie wrote:
oh god the doug grahm fanboysConfused

I dont go to 30bananasaday anymore..but I wont get into that Smile

Sorry but I cannot stand the 811 people often, like durrianrider and freelee. These people are the most vain and superficial assholes in the raw food movement. I dont know what else to say. They are all sponsored by Doug Graham(they have an agenda), who does not even look that great in my honest opinion. Yes I have tried 811 a number of times, and it is a very detoxifying diet..it is also a starvation diet in my experience if you do it forever. Eating that little fat made me feel like I was withering away eventually..seriousily..doug grahm looks like he needs to eat an avacado asap. All these people do is sit around making youtube videos of other people in the health food movement they dont like..durrianrider has nothing better to do than make videos pasting david wolfes head to a dancing koala bear in some attempt to call him fat cus he eats nuts or something...they either bitch about people who dont support 811 doug graham fanboy diets or they make videos showing everyone how fast they can run or ride their bikes lol..then they go on talking about people who need ayahuasca for a jolt to wake up in the morning like a cup of coffee(yes I am serious durrianrider said ).."some call em shamanic, I call em toxic" lol..this is how these people win fans..they are certainly not real doctors so they rely on slogans and bashing other people over and over like David Wolfe and Daniel Vitalis.

So this is how I feel about 811 and the sort of diet that durrianrider pushes on everyone, bashing those who dont agree. I can eat that way with the exception of the low fat..I can eat 3 avacados a day and I feel a hell of a lot better. I can not eat grapes all day and feel that way..nor can I do bananas all day, which I have also done. It is a great way to detox, but I cant do that forever.

Wonder why a guy like Tim VanOrden does not support the doug graham diet? Cus hes not a prick and does not want to be bought out by some sponsor making fun of everyone else in some sick attempt to gain popularity....yes I can say I know this for a fact because my gf and other people I know know him personally.

Sorry, when I hear durrianrider and freelee I just feel like vomiting.

There is an air of elitism in the raw food community...and veganism in general. People bitch if you eat a steamed carrot or complain about how your not vegan cus you ate some bee pollen..not everyone is like this though.

It is the same when people try to make meat out to be something akin to the holocost. These people are just rediculous drama queens. Factory farming is what needs to end..beyond that ethical and sustainable hunting etc is a persons own business. All these people going to fancy raw food restaurants eating foods shipped here from across the planet are causing destruction to the environment as well..lets face it much gourmet raw food is not local..so the ego needs to go down a notch.

I dont like being called a raw foodest or a vegan anymore..cus Im neither. These are just stupid and silly labled people put on thigs so then can bicker bakc and forth about what % raw they are or whatever new thing is trendy this week. I dont eat meat, I dont eat dairy, I dont eat wheat. I eat bee products. I eat some steamed vegetables and I eat about 90% raw food and I dont drink tap water. Isn't that so much more descriptive than saying "Im a raw vegan"?

The diet that tony wright is talking about is not really the same as durrianrider..so to say that it is peer reviewed by the 30banannasaday people..well okay, which one? Durrian rider is talking about eating 80% calories from sweet fruits..10% from fat and 10% from protein..

Tony Wright is talking about fruitarian diets in general..which means any fruits, some green leafy things, some nuts and seeds etc..there is not specific fat restrictions like there is in an 80-10-10 doug gram diet that durrianrider, freelee and the people at 30bananasaday are all into. Some of those people look like they are anorexic kind of and dont have enough oils in their skin(mainly doug graham).

Oh but at least he is a alpha-male type that is trying to promote health as best as he can,not booze drinking one raging for degenaration. And I admit that I have been caught as a horrible human being advertizing for them yes and with a sole intent to really screw you all up I mean that is why it is called 30bad right?lol. And yes I admit that Tony's work has not been peer reviewed by them and it seems that Tony himself is eating like this. Well anyway one can not argue that Doug even though he has low bodyfat% still probably beats most of us at sports, just saying.

Is there any reason for the extra fat that you can think of or is it just insulation or to make one look buff? I mean he still has adviced olympic level athletes on nutrition so he must have some experience in the field... Nah they run as fast as they do even though they would be eating burgers and fries.

I am intrigued in where this discussion is going, maybe even citing references of scientific studies and then digging which of them has been funded by either the meat industry or the banana industry Very happy

jamie
#70 Posted : 8/12/2012 10:18:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Doug Graham looks horrible and recently came out saying now that some animal products are fine, and durrian rider is now eating eggs..there was a thing about this recently in the community and when it came out of course he delted the talk because he does not want to be called a hippocrite after being a complete assh*ole fool for so long so anyone who disagrees with him.

Anyway, I have changed my opinion lately and I feel I owe it to people here to tell them explain why. Trust me I lived this diet and believed in it..there is no way I did not do it "correctly" enough etc.. sorry flouro but I lived as a raw vegan for a few years and was vegan(and fruitarian for long periods), with some cooked food for longer so I understand the diet very very well. I live with with and am engaged to a person who did it for 5 years solid mostly fruitarian the whole time, ran 2 different raw vegan kitchens and taught at workshops with david wolfe even..I cant think of a better situation for thriving on this diet..here is my experience summed up.

Since I spoke about it so much in the past in other threads, I want to make it clear here that neither me nor my gf minxx are vegan anymore. She was vegan for 7 years, and 100% raw vegan for 5 years with heavy periods of fruitarian. I was vegan for only a few years and fully raw for close to 2 years.

We believed in this diet and felt great at first. Both of us got into it for health reasons becasue we were sick. I think this was a great way to detox..eating nothing but fresh raw and organic plant material and drinking spring water..and ayahuasca of course.

We can no longer support this diet though. It is a starvation diet in the end in my opinion. My gf went downhill over the last year and her period got all weird and after much research we concluded it must be low cholesterol leading to dangerously low hormone levels. We were also eating all of the things that people say to eat for this on a raw vegan diet. My gf was a raw vegan chef and ran 2 different kitchens, taught raw food at workshops with david wolfe(who himself is not vegan anymore and eats ants and moths, deer antlers and placenta) etc..we were not unedcuated about the whole thing.

She went to a naturopath who was himself aware of the whole thing and wroked a raw vegan retreat before. He said yes she def has a hormone deficiency due to not nearly enough cholesterol in the diet. It is my belief now that you cannot get enough cholesterol on a plant based diet long term.

I was feeling run down lately as well. I felt amazing on this diet at first and it did much to clean me out, purge me from the toxins of a typical western diet..but after some time other problems seemed arised..mainly just a hunger I could not satisfy and weird sort of tried and sketchy feelings. I learned alot about my body doing this and Im thankful that it allowed me the space to detox and begin to heal a serious digestive condition I had, but it is not safe long term I dont think.

Too low cholesterol leads to autoimmune diseases..and allergies are thought me be auto immune disorders..and when my gf began to notice her energy dropping, feeling moe stressed and her period going out of wack with spotting etc-she also developed allergies out of nowhere. SHe has been sneezing like crazy for a year etc. She says she has noticed now that adding some organic freerange non GMO animal products into our diet has stopped that.

People base these diets on primates..bonobos mostly. I cant find any evedence anywhere to suggest that bonobos are ver vegan though. Yes they eat tons and tons of raw fruits..yes they eat some greens..but bonobos always always have some small roedents and insects in their diet even if it is infrequent.

I after getting into this for health I started to buy into this garden of eden idea where people once lived in a fruit forest and that somehow means they never ate meat ever and lived on fruits alone. Well I think I woke up from that dream rather fast lately..I live in a very large rainforest. I have lived here for 28 years. This place IS the garden..and what I see all the time is everything there feeding on everything else there. This is the cycle of life.

I think this is a sobering and grounding realization for me. I think accepting and respecting this cycle is an important aspect of maturation. Respect the cycle of life and dont feel guilty for participating in the cycles of the system we have evolved within. Factory farming and these weird vegan ideas seem to me to be just polar extremes that exemplify a reaction to how extremely fucked up this culture is.

The thing is, I cant really get behind farming. I think agriculture and farming ruined everything. Right now we are getting organic freerange non GMO eggs from a farmer down the road which is okay..but I dont want to even really go down that road for long. I decided I am going to get a long bow and learn to bow hunt small birds and start to fish again. This is the only way I can really do this and feel like I uphold the integrity of this beautiful system I exist within that is very much still intact for the most part in the area of the world where I live. I dont need much meat I dont think. I have a giant garden this year filled with veggies, we have some fruit trees and wild berries all over..so a bit of wild meat here and there will really just be one more step closer to our own sustainability free from the farms and supermarkets.

Ive also gotten more and more and more into Daniel Vitalis lately and that guy offered a seriously sobering take on the lifestyle we were living. That guy is just a gem..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#71 Posted : 8/12/2012 10:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to make it clear that I believe in raw food. I think it is an amazing way to eat and it does wonders. I also believe in 100% organic foods, lots of wild foods and wild water. I think the raw food thing is great and I will always eat a diet that is high raw..but I think that being 100% vegan and also being extremely low fat is not good long term. I think a diet high in raw plant material, with lots of alakloid rich wild plants and some preferably wild meat or freerange eggs or something is the best thing..and wild water of course.

In reguards to Tony Wrights theory..i dont buy into it 100% at this point. I dont know how I feel about it but I think he does have some stronger points and some not so strong points.. I do want to approximate a primate diet..but to do that and eliminate animal products is just a denial of the fact that they always eat insects at least and usually some rodents IMO. Even when they do this infrequently I dont think they do it for no reason.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#72 Posted : 8/12/2012 10:30:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BTW..doug graham is not even a doctor..well okay he is-they guy is a chiropractor. Most people though are misled and think he is some kind of nutritionalist because he markets himself this way.
Long live the unwoke.

purple_dye
#73 Posted : 8/14/2012 3:47:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jamie -

Are you going to cook the game/fish/eggs you obtain?
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

jamie
#74 Posted : 8/14/2012 4:24:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah..minxx is not liking the idea of raw meat, but I am into it Smile. I mean we are not going to like eat tons of meat man..I plan on staying on a raw plant based diet but just adding in small ammounts of animal products here and there. I want to really approximate a primate diet on one hand, and to do that I realized I need some meat. On the other hand I dont think we are bonobos. I am leaning towards the fact that we are our own species and we have been cooking for a long time and eating fish especially. I dont know where on a vegan diet you can get the correct ratio of omega 3's to 6's. Fish seem to be otimal. Some people claim to be able to do it with a vegan diet if you cycle the right nuts and needs and have little lists of what to eat each day, but that just seems unnatural to me. We have eaten fish for so long and they have the correct balance of omegas for us.

Ive been eating cooked food for months. I added in small ammounts of steamed veggies because I started to just feel run down being 100% raw vegan. I have no problems with cooking as long as my diet is still like 75-80% raw

I am not at odds with the ideas of Tony Wright either I should make that clear. I def vibe with the idea that something is out of balance. Our left brain is sort of gone insane and the right brain is suppressed for whatever reasons. I have been concidering that maybe this is all just a reflection of our shift into agriculture. If you go to a supermarket and look at the fruits and veggies they have, you will find many of them are sweet fruits and non bitter vegatables. There is focus on the fruits in Tony's ideas(from what I gather) but I dont know how he feels about the plants we were eating even as tribal peoples in europe..but we were eating plants and using herbs that were rich in complex neuroactive chemicals. Most of the vegetables we eat these days are hybrids of the origional heirloom plants that have been bread to get rid of the bitter qualities(the alkaloids). So what we have left are plants whos chemical complexity is just a pale shadow if that of the origional wild varieties. We dont even need to go back as far as a tropical ape dwelling situation to find a diet that was loaded with these plants rich in all kinds of novel pharmacologically active substances..I dont think meat being in the diet is really the issue at this point. I think we always had some meat, though it might not have been really large ammounts. Anyway I am seriousily looking into collecting all the wild plant foods that I can and getting away from the hybrid stuff of the supermarkets and farmers markets. I really love dandelion leaves and flowers. Also tree mushrooms..I am really into harvesting my own wild tree mushrooms and making teas, soups etc..the polypore treemushrooms have some of the most complex chemisty known.

Agriculture came along, we began to focus on grains which were never a part of our diet..and we started hybridizing plants, breading out the complex pharmacology that was fueling us, and we end up with something like iceburg lettuce that is basically pointless to even be eating because there is no nutrition at all. The green plants in our diet back as hunter gather tribal peoples were prob more like dandelions. Bitter with some interesting chemicals, like scopoletin(not a tropane btw)..other herbs, roots etc and wild berries, flowers etc..

I am going on and on I know..but these are just some of my ideas..I was really focused on the whole fruit aspect of our evolution and why we are where we are not for a while but I have been thinking about other scenarios as well.
Long live the unwoke.

â—‹
#75 Posted : 8/14/2012 4:26:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I'm very fond of exercise and meditation. Those are the staple of my "godly" health. They saved me from a serious opiate addiction early on and have shown me as a human being what I'm capable of mentally and physically.

I do a 2 mile run monday, wednesday, friday. Tuesday and thursday I do dual kettlebell circuits with two 35lb kettlebells and for the last 10 minutes of my circuit I stretch it to two 40lb'rs. I can't stress enough how amazing swinging these around have made me feel in comparison to just lifting freeweights or whathaveyou. Over a few months your muscular endurance becomes incredible and you heavy VERY steady gains in lean muscle while cutting a substantial amount of bodyfat. Being that many of the said motions for kettlebell routines incorporate alot of "swinging" motions that are generated from your legs, up through your back, arms, shoulders, etc your functional strength becomes amazing.

jamie
#76 Posted : 8/14/2012 4:33:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to run. I am not into running anymore because I think it is hard on the body..I like to hike though and so I am going to start doing powerhikes in the forest here every day. I do hike a bit at least every other day and I skimboard but I am going to get into going every day and just toning my system.

Also, cedar. Man this stuff is a goldmine. I personally think that the RDA for vitamine C is just horribly low compared to what we should have..and cedar sprigs have good ammounts of it. I have heard people that are into the fruitarian diet comment on where native americans get vitamine C in the winter etc..cedar. There are other chemicals in it as well that are great for the flu and cold and keeping you healthy..but it is a great source of vitamine C so I am big into collecting wild cedar sprigs.
Long live the unwoke.

â—‹
#77 Posted : 8/14/2012 4:47:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Hell yeah jamie. I love long hikes. I live near acouple state parks and nothing beats it. On top of the sun, elevation change, and fresh air it's a great form of meditation for me. You become so focused on walking at times you tend to become so lost in the moment. I could be having a not-so-good day, and spend a few hours hiking and once I leave the park my whole mind kinda goes through a "reboot" and I feel revitalized and totally centered. Smile

flouro
#78 Posted : 8/14/2012 5:52:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=378137#post378137 do not take my advice on diets/nutrition posted bellow for that reason, let this be an alarming example on how to NOT do things properly

Hey Jamie good to know that the stuff you do to yourself is working for yourself Smile but also please be careful
jamie wrote:
yeah..minxx is not liking the idea of raw meat, but I am into it Smile
with the fact that often undercooked meat includes a list of intestinal parasites. Once one has an outbreak it is not fun anymore :\ If you do not go paleo or whatever that is where people eat a lot of raw meat then I guess it is OK but when eating a lot of raw meat I have seen some pics of the peoples teeth and they are gross looking so please be safe.

Rebounding is fun, lowimpact and easy thing to strenghten the core and get some aerobic workout too, for one that is coming from bad health it is in my experience much easier than running. Cycling too is very low impact, probably even more than rebounding and actually very calorie efficient way to get from a to b at least in urban/flat road.

Very nice diversity of methods towards better health in this topic yay Smile

Tattvamasi wrote:
kettlebell
You think that the thing could be replaced with something like... a big rock or is the handle necessary?

jamie
#79 Posted : 8/14/2012 6:34:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.youtube.com/w...xe7U&feature=related

^gunna have to watch that like 6 times to take it all in..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#80 Posted : 8/14/2012 6:35:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"If you do not go paleo or whatever that is where people eat a lot of raw meat then I guess it is OK but when eating a lot of raw meat I have seen some pics of the peoples teeth and they are gross looking so please be safe."

Yeah I am not into that paleo diet..I am talking about eating meat like once a week..and mostly only fish and other than that keeping up a diet high in raw plant food.
Long live the unwoke.

«PREV23456NEXT