We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Quick guide to godly health. Options

SHroomtroll
#41 Posted : 5/11/2012 12:19:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like i said it depends on why you eat may meals vs few big ones,i for one cannot see any benefits of eating a few big meals vs spreading out my calories during the day.

Am i missing some unknown benefit noone has ever mentioned or what?

Im not saying you have to eat like this but for me and most people i know who live an active life it is a must to have somekind of a snack between meals since i will get hungry every 2-3hours.

Also getting a nice stable insulin curve feels alot better than smashing my system with a huge meal once or tvice per day.

Honestly i don´t even get what you are arguing over? Is there any reason at all for not eating like this except maybe lack of time?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#42 Posted : 5/11/2012 12:19:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I feel loads better now than I did when I was using a high protein diet and lifting heavy.

My diet's pretty much completely plant-based now so accordingly I've changed my lifting habits from heavy weights and low reps to light weights and high reps. Sure I'm thinner, but thats the only "disadvantage". I actually prefer it this way as I feel much more comfortable with a lower body fat percentage and I'm certainly not struggling with strength in my day to day life.

However I can run further for longer, sleep less, my eyes are whiter, my skin is healthier and I feel much better physically and in my mood patterns. Also I don't get headaches Very happy

christian
#43 Posted : 5/11/2012 12:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I feel loads better now than I did when I was using a high protein diet and lifting heavy.My diet's pretty much completely plant-based now Very happy

I'm not trying to preach or anything, but isn't a godly healthy life more than eating vegetables, and going to the gym?

To me, "godly health" means being fit and healthy enough to do your regular activites with ease, being of happy and cheerful disposition, and also not feeling like something is missing. This shouldn't mean that you need to take time out to go to the gym, no. Your lifestyle should be naturally active and flowing so that you can focus on the really enjoyable things like having fun with friends, having sex, travelling, etc??? Eating vegetables and worrying about workouts doesn't sound like living to me. I wonder if anyone on their deathbed wished they ate more vegetables, or trained harder in the gym? Big grin

I like to eat whatever i feel like, i would hate to say no to this or that. Variety is the spice of life, they say. I just listen to what my body desires. They also say that eating healthy can also be unhealthy. Sometimes we need to break the rules, and pig out. It's not important to get obsessed about the gym either, it's not natural, and you are not measured as a human by what you can lift, reps, etc. That is a recent American trend that has taken off as an antidote to our sedentary lifestyle, and worrying about "maintaining muscle" is not healthy.

Whatever, i'm not trying to preach. Each to their own, but for sure "godly healthy" is only valid when the individual is in the end happy. If there's too much pain in the way of trying to be happy, it's not right, and doesn't make logical sense..
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

soulfood
#44 Posted : 5/11/2012 1:12:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No.
I said explicitly several times that all you need is vegetables and the gym.

Not even oxygen!

christian
#45 Posted : 5/11/2012 1:33:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
No.
I said explicitly several times that all you need is vegetables and the gym.

Not even oxygen!

I wasn't having a go, just saying that there's more to good health than eating veg and the gym, that's all. I'm glad that you have found it to work well for you what you have chosen, and think you have made a better choice over eating excessive protein and doing heavy weights.

I say this because i have recently returned to the gym, and every time i do so, i have to keep on asking myself WHY? Very happy
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

soulfood
#46 Posted : 5/11/2012 1:45:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand that, just trying to emphasize you're arguing against a point I didn't make.

I honestly think with mental stimulation enough, you can get away with eating a low nutrient diet. That's probably where I'm lacking most in my daily routine and sometimes not having the drive to get out of bed will trump any positive dietary enhancements.

I was merely referring to your protein concern in relation to resistance training addressed in the post at the top.

No beef Smile

Btw hi! Soulfood's the name. I'm often too sarcastic for forums.

purple_dye
#47 Posted : 5/11/2012 2:22:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps Ive just gotten lucky, but as an example over the just past 2 semesters in college Ive had:

Organic chemistry teacher - who what big time into psychedelics and growing pot hydroponically.

Developmental Psychology teacher - who was active and open about being in organizations attempting to legalize marijuana

Nutrition Teacher - who told us to question everything we have been taught by the government regarding diet because most of it was erroneous.

Microbiology teacher - Who supports and is active with the occupy movement.

... as well as others who always had a tendency to generate discussion allowing for open mindedness and thinking outside the box.

Jamie - can you PM me or post those sources about your B12 information please Smile Ive done a little research and wasn't able to find what you were referring to. Thanks!
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

christian
#48 Posted : 5/11/2012 2:32:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My ideal healthy life would look something like this:

1. Eat a diet of carrots and parsnips for every day of your life.
2. Spend 5 hours a day lifting weights, and doing core exercises.
3. Wear a spacesuit at all other times to minimise pathogenic exposure.
4. Avoid festivals, nightclubs, and any other places where women go fo "fun". (these places can be vexatious to a serious soul)
5. Do not watch tv, or use the internet either, and don't even think of cream cakes!
6. At all other times sleep and meditate as often as possible.

Living like this you will have health in abundance, live to 102 years of age, and be so 'godly' that even god would look like a sinner!.

Glad to be of assistence! Razz

purple_dye
#49 Posted : 5/11/2012 2:39:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

christian wrote:
My ideal healthy life would look something like this:

1. Eat a diet of carrots and parsnips for every day of your life.
2. Spend 5 hours a day lifing weights, and doing core exercises.
3. Wear a spacesuit at all other times to minimise pathogenic exposure.
4. Avoid festivals, nightclubs, places where women go fo "fun". (these places can be vexatious to a serious soul)
5. Do not watch tv, or use the internet either.
6. At all other times sleep and meditate as often a s possible.

Living like this you will have health in abundance, and live to 102 years of age. Glad to be of assistance! Razz

Its about quality of life, not longevity. That's just a bonus.

BTW, I know you were just being funny but IMO TV is self destructive. I don't own one but watched a little the other day with a friend and I couldn't believe the non-sense that was on there. Not to mention all the propagandized commercials.

Why would you fill your mind with such garbage? What a waste.
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

soulfood
#50 Posted : 5/11/2012 2:44:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Was it Marilyn Manson that said "kill your god, kill your tv"?

I'm not a fan, but sound advice non the less Smile

christian
#51 Posted : 5/11/2012 2:45:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

purple_dye wrote:
Its about quality of life, not longevity. That's just a bonus.

^ This!

purple_dye wrote:
BTW, I know you were just being funny but IMO TV is self destructive

Absolutely. I simply cannot watch TV these days. It's such a load of tosh, and like something that get's in the way of real life. It's only there as a "morphine of the masses" anyhow.Wink

Shaolin
#52 Posted : 5/11/2012 4:15:47 PM

Stiletto Stoner

SHroomtroll wrote:
Like i said it depends on why you eat may meals vs few big ones,i for one cannot see any benefits of eating a few big meals vs spreading out my calories during the day.

Im not saying you have to eat like this but for me and most people i know who live an active life it is a must to have somekind of a snack between meals since i will get hungry every 2-3hours.

Also getting a nice stable insulin curve feels alot better than smashing my system with a huge meal once or tvice per day.

Honestly i don´t even get what you are arguing over? Is there any reason at all for not eating like this except maybe lack of time?

The reason is the recommendations that your health will be in some way better if you eat 7 times per day. This is not supported as far as I know, so I treat it as misinformation.

Insulin spikes aren't critical. Prolonged elevated levels are. In any case glucose levels are examined in the link (http://www.leangains.com/2011/01/better-blood-glucose-with-lower-meal.html) I posted. Not to mention the whole complex issues of meal composition and its effect on those levels.

Personally I would reexamine some stuff, if I was getting hungry every two hours. This is pretty much a phenomenen in the paleo world.

Overall, I'm not trying to critize your dietary choices. All I'm saying is that there is not great benefits of eating seven meals per day for the majority of people. Not glucose ones, not "hunger" ones, etc. Nothing more. If you feel good on it, by all means do it.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

olio
#53 Posted : 5/11/2012 4:37:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I feel loads better now than I did when I was using a high protein diet and lifting heavy.

My diet's pretty much completely plant-based now so accordingly I've changed my lifting habits from heavy weights and low reps to light weights and high reps. Sure I'm thinner, but thats the only "disadvantage". I actually prefer it this way as I feel much more comfortable with a lower body fat percentage and I'm certainly not struggling with strength in my day to day life.

However I can run further for longer, sleep less, my eyes are whiter, my skin is healthier and I feel much better physically and in my mood patterns. Also I don't get headaches Very happy

This is the exact same for me. Plants and running! Also for the strength thing... I eat a vegan diet and swing a 32kg kettlebell around and am stronger than most meat eating people I know... so the weak vegan thing is a myth. I think there's just a connection between people who don't eat meat and not lifting any weights.
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

SHroomtroll
#54 Posted : 5/11/2012 5:58:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shaolin wrote:
SHroomtroll wrote:

The reason is the recommendations that your health will be in some way better if you eat 7 times per day. This is not supported as far as I know, so I treat it as misinformation.

Insulin spikes aren't critical. Prolonged elevated levels are. In any case glucose levels are examined in the link (http://www.leangains.com/2011/01/better-blood-glucose-with-lower-meal.html) I posted. Not to mention the whole complex issues of meal composition and its effect on those levels.

Personally I would reexamine some stuff, if I was getting hungry every two hours. This is pretty much a phenomenen in the paleo world.

Overall, I'm not trying to critize your dietary choices. All I'm saying is that there is not great benefits of eating seven meals per day for the majority of people. Not glucose ones, not "hunger" ones, etc. Nothing more. If you feel good on it, by all means do it.

Yeah you are right that most people who live a somewhat passive life with a deskjob and couchmode at nights are probably fine with 3meals per day and should probably not eat more since they would get fat by doing this.

But as i mentioned i have a physical job plus i workout almost everyday so i need to eat almost tvice as much a most people i know to have energy and not get sick or injured.

I´m hungry every 2-3hours probably since i eat somewhat small meals and stop eating before i´m totally full.

Diet is something that everyone needs to tailor to fit their life, noone here can tell anyone exactly how they should eat, but there are some rules that everyone should follow if they want to be healthy.

And regarding eating so often i remember berardi mentioning that the biggest problem he has with clients is that they plan poorly ahead and then just grab something when they get hungry, this will usually lead to alot of bad food choices so eating alot of meals will usually solve this since you should always plan a few meals ahead.

Also the 90% rule rocks! this means that every 2 days i have on cheat meal and that can really take some pressure off.

And christian i agree that the gym culture in general is a extremely stupid world but once you get some decent numbers in some core lifts it gets really fun to challenge gravity.

christian
#55 Posted : 5/11/2012 6:34:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SHroomtroll wrote:
And christian i agree that the gym culture in general is a extremely stupid world but once you get some decent numbers in some core lifts it gets really fun to challenge gravity.

I understand what you say, shroom. I've been there and enjoyed the buzz of Adrenaline and endorphines. But after lifting heavy on the legs, i think i've damaged my hip and have arthritis. Besides, when i travel, i love to be lazy and let myself go. Ok, the strength slowly goes, but the flab piles on, then it's bacjk to the gym, and oh so gloomy, mechanical , and depressing compared to travelling.

Mind you it soon get's ok again, but it's good to see it for what it is. just a habit.

SHroomtroll
#56 Posted : 5/11/2012 9:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i too have some injuries related to training, like right now i´m rehabbing my back that i blew out from overuse in januari.

The key is balance though, you can´t blame the weights if you lift with bad form or program poorly.

Strength training has helped me alot since i had 2herniated discs 10years ago, nowadays i need to stay in great shape or i will be in some serious pain.

The body is a extremly advanced machine which need to have all muscles in balance to function properly, anything not firing like it should will lead to joints taking the loads instead of the right muscles.

Hopefully your hip will get better and you can get back to training something you enjoy.

christian
#57 Posted : 5/11/2012 11:02:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SHroomtroll wrote:
Hopefully your hip will get better and you can get back to training something you enjoy.

Thanks, Shroom. I hope so, after all i train to improve strength and fitness, and not become disabled! Shocked

mrwiggle
#58 Posted : 5/12/2012 4:45:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wild fermentaion by sandor katz is good also nourishing traditions by sally fallon, in terms of something quick you can look up online im sure you can get some basic recipes at least on youtube or on a google search...i personally like playing with somewhat alternative cultures. for example you can make fermented vegetable recipes that use, yogurt, miso, and honey!...the basic recipes would probably be to just brine cabbage with about 2-3 tsp salt per average head of cabbage...judge for yourself as cabbage head can vary greatly in size...you can also try without salt if you pound the cabbage as it will release enzymes that will start the process...but you are more likely to get contams without salt or whey at least....
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

olio
#59 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:39:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EmptyHand wrote:

Learning meditation for the first time through a 10-day retreat is really jumping into the deep end and may be too intense for many people. Here is a website where you can sign up to take an online course in insight meditation:

http://www.vipassana.com/course/

Also, Ashtanga yoga is a wonderful form of yoga and is a great physical/spiritual workout.

eH

When I was 19 I did a 10-day vipassana retreat without any former meditation experience and it wasn't so bad. I'm sure if someone is strong-willed enough to step into the realms of DMT they can handle 10-days of sitting.
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

olio
#60 Posted : 5/15/2012 11:01:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

purple_dye wrote:

Ayahuasca is great as well Smile

I didn't include Ayahuasca because I haven't experienced it yet and can only speak from my personal experiences! But I am brewing a large pot of it as I type this! Very happy

Kambogahuasca Panacea wrote:
On the Raw Food Tip:

The #1 advice I could give someone after 4 years of being a raw foodist (which ended 3 years ago) be very careful to keep the ego in check. It becomes very easy to think you are better than other people because you are eating and drinking so healthy, it is extremely tempting even. We must remember (health conscious folks) we are no better than someone eating a big mac, we just make different choices. Based on my 4 years as a Raw Foodist I have found that for now I can't go 100% because of my tendency to judge. Until I can get that in check being Raw would have no value whatsoever.

Also one becomes extremely sensitive on a raw diet and must be careful of what they let in their mental and spiritual screen so to speak.

In my humble opinion many Raw Foodists seem to carry an elitist attitude. Where I live there are many people eating local and to me that is far more important.

Just a bit I like to call, health is more within then without.

Absolutely, what an important reminder, I find myself in the same boat very often and have a hard time even noticing my ego! It's definitely sneaky and those arrogant thought-patterns are probably just as damaging as the big mac. Thanks for the wisdom Kambo. I have never been entirely raw for a long period of time, but when I do go for stints the incredible feeling is very obvious and when I eat cooked foods it's always really difficult to digest and I end up burping and feeling loaded for hours (even if it's considered a "healthy" meal). I'm still trying to find what suits me, this is an endless journey I think, I'm considering going back to meat, maybe including one meal of organic, free range, grass-fed beef ceviche or something a week.
My ibogaine experience showed me that different species have different positions in this universe and some animal's role is to be eaten by other's and as long as they have healthy, happy lives it is not such a crime as most vegans make it out to be. At this point though I feel I would face a lot of judgement from the many vegan people close to me, but I must learn to live by my own code and not other's.

PREV12345NEXT»