We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Quick guide to godly health. Options

olio
#1 Posted : 5/9/2012 4:26:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

*Here are some very brief, basic tips that I've used with great success in my own life, feel free to integrate some of these ideas into your own healthy life. This is not some definite end-all be-all guide to health, it's what works for me and I think it's a great place to start for someone who wants to live a healthier life. By all means look into all the topics I mention and do your own research, don't believe everything you read, but I've had awesome success with these tips, health is an endless topic and there are so many aspects this is just a quick run-down of what I felt made the biggest difference in my life.
The key is, try things out and if they work for YOU go with it! If it doesn't resonate then drop it and pick up something that works with your life. If your body feels like it needs meat to function and perform then go with it. As long as you're having fun, enjoying life and feeling great that's what matters, hopefully some of these ideas help you on your path!*

Food - Raw Organic. Many many fruits and vegetables. I live off of organic bananas and hemp products basically, throw in some spirulina, maca powder, chia seeds and bee pollen. Mad amounts of avocados and dandelions, dandelions are healthy as fuuuuck and they grow freely everywhere, just eat those flowers and leaves!

Recipe idea: mash up avocados, lemon, ginger and a bit of himalayan crystal salt. Chop up some kale, dandelions and whatever greens you want, mix it up with the avocado mash, throw some hemp seeds and alfalfa sprouts on top. MONEY!

My morning smoothie consists of ~10 bananas, a couple being frozen, a couple tbsp of hemp seeds, hemp protein, ginger, maca powder, spirulina and water. Excellent!

Sauna - Sweating cleans out tons of toxins from the body, drink a bunch of water and do intervals in the sauna with cold showers in between, it feels amazing and is amazingly beneficial.

Sun Bathing - Get naked and lie in the sun! Try to avoid the strong points of the day (noon to 3). Soaking up rays is amazing for the body and the mind.

Running - Do a badass run and feel the runner's high, enough said. A lot of people suffer injuries, this is from improper form, if you wear vibram five-fingers you won't have the luxury of improper form, if you're doing it wrong your heels will kill.

Kettlebells - Want to get strong fast? Swing that bell. 16kg is a good starting weight, this can be your best friend when it comes to fitness. There are so many other ways to gain functional strength, heavy lifting is king, squats and deadlifts reign supreme. But the kettlebell is something you can have in your home, have a lot of fun with and just do whenever.

Meditation - This is the glue of life, brings it all together, if you don't know how I recommend taking a 10-day retreat to learn this amazing art. It's difficult and requires practice, you don't pick up a violen and starting playing like a pro, gotta practice, just like meditation. www.dhamma.org is where you can find locations and sign up for a by donation retreat. Highly recommended, they feed you awesome vegetarian food.

Yoga - Kundalini yoga can give you a DMT-like experience, this is amazing for patience, vitality and will make you sexier.

Fasting - Fast for a week, clear out your system, give your digestive track a break. It feels amazing.

Water - Tap water sucks ass, it's loaded with chemicals and has gone through huge amounts of abuse. www.findaspring.com will hook you up with locations for the best earth-cleaned water you can find. If there's no springs nearby check out the santevia water filter, it emulates the earth's filtering process http://www.santevia.com/

Try dumpster diving for food at organic markets, they usually throw out really good produce just because it might be off by the next day, but I've scored awesome greens many times, just make sure it's clean, which it usually is. And if not just wash it off in your sink. This is just if you're as poor as me.

Don't watch TV or read the news - it's pollution for the brain and used purely for mental manipulation of the masses.

Semen retention - controversial but a lot of people swear by it and I've found shit loads of extra energy, determination, mental clarity through it.

Get in touch with nature - Walk through the mountains, hug a tree, swim in a river.

Surround yourself with positive people - You reflect your surroundings, if you have attachments to your friends and they're negative and bring you down then be the beacon of light who makes them positive and bring them up Smile

Ibogaine - A full cleanse, physically, mentally and spiritually. The strongest medicine on Earth.

Fulvic/Humic acid - From what I've read the benefits are astounding, I've just started supplementing this, read up on it if you're interested. Sounds almost too good to be true from some sources.
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

D.REYx420
#2 Posted : 5/9/2012 4:44:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wanna do this lol I've had the five fingers for a year now, I run and lift weights 5 days a week, I gaze at the sun un intentionally almost everyday for accumalitivly 30 minutes Adam so now I just need raw organic veggies and some meditation ibogaine and yoga and I'm on track Smile
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

olio
#3 Posted : 5/9/2012 4:51:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

D.REYx420 wrote:
I wanna do this lol I've had the five fingers for a year now, I run and lift weights 5 days a week, I gaze at the sun un intentionally almost everyday for accumalitivly 30 minutes Adam so now I just need raw organic veggies and some meditation ibogaine and yoga and I'm on track Smile

Make sure if you're gazing at the sun it's during dusk or dawn man! I thought my eyes were adjusted enough and started doing brief gazes during brighter times and was not able to see the central point of my vision for a couple days, careful! I can't stress enough though, you definitely can't be too careful, when starting out I recommend gazing only for the last 5 minutes before set, you do not want to risk damaging your eyes by looking at the sun at the wrong time even for a few seconds.
But yeah, the difference that organic makes... and RAW did I mention cooking kills a large amount of important living enzymes? Try eating only raw food for a week, you'll feel amazing. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction brother. Bless up.
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

D.REYx420
#4 Posted : 5/9/2012 4:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yea I've been eating pretty organic lately but not raw lol. I've been hering about the raw thing a lot lately I'd like to do it but I'm allergic to all melons and some greens and I might be allergic to dandelions before I eat them. I'll start doing the gazing at dusk now and get into meditation again now that it's nice out again (winter makes me depressed and seclude my self) I'm making good work of being healthy the past three months and don't smoke anything and work out. This is the most healthy I've ever been. I'll try to eat more raw and I've always wanted to fast so maybe I'll plan that soon too.
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

EmptyHand
#5 Posted : 5/9/2012 1:46:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Learning meditation for the first time through a 10-day retreat is really jumping into the deep end and may be too intense for many people. Here is a website where you can sign up to take an online course in insight meditation:

http://www.vipassana.com/course/

Also, Ashtanga yoga is a wonderful form of yoga and is a great physical/spiritual workout.

eH

olio
#6 Posted : 5/9/2012 3:18:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EmptyHand wrote:

Learning meditation for the first time through a 10-day retreat is really jumping into the deep end and may be too intense for many people. Here is a website where you can sign up to take an online course in insight meditation:

http://www.vipassana.com/course/

Also, Ashtanga yoga is a wonderful form of yoga and is a great physical/spiritual workout.

eH

Awesome, thank you!

purple_dye
#7 Posted : 5/9/2012 5:55:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

olio wrote:
Food - Raw Organic. Many many fruits and vegetables. I live off of organic bananas and hemp products basically, throw in some spirulina, maca powder, chia seeds and bee pollen. Mad amounts of avocados and dandelions, dandelions are healthy as fuuuuck and they grow freely everywhere, just eat those flowers and leaves!

This sounds great! Just make sure your getting enough calories each day. I truly do believe though that raw organic is one on the healthiest (if not the healthiest) ways of eating out there. Variety is key as well as being sure to get a feasible distribution of macronutrients. Keeping with the theme of raw orgainc, raw nuts would be an essential addition to what you listed above.

A lot of times people who are trying to get super healthy all of a sudden will dive into it head first without the headlights on. I know vegetarians for example who eat nothing but cheese pizza and candy and think they are healthy because they are vegetarian.

I would highly suggest to everyone on the nexus to take some sort of nutrition class at your local community college for example if looking into eating better. Its very important to make sure your getting all of your required nutrients as not OVER CONSUMING any of these as well.

olio wrote:
Sun Bathing - Get naked and lie in the sun! Try to avoid the strong points of the day (noon to 3). Soaking up rays is amazing for the body and the mind.

Again, wonderful advice! Vitamin D is so key for so many body functions. Just 10-15 minutes on full body sun is all that is needed each day. More than that would be considered overkill. The key here is to make sure you do it everyday Smile

olio wrote:
Kettlebells - Want to get strong fast? Swing that bell. 16kg is a good starting weight, this can be your best friend when it comes to fitness.

Not sure where your headed with this one lol.. There is a lot more to resistance exercise then "swinging around a kettle bell". If your really interesting in getting strong look into doing full body exercised such as squats, dips, bench press, and dead lifts.

olio wrote:
Meditation - This is the glue of life, brings it all together, if you don't know how I recommend taking a 10-day retreat to learn this amazing art. It's difficult and requires practice, you don't pick up a violen and starting playing like a pro, gotta practice, just like meditation. www.dharma.org is where you can find locations and sign up for a by donation retreat. Highly recommended, they feed you awesome vegetarian food.

Water - Tap water sucks ass, it's loaded with chemicals and has gone through huge amounts of abuse. www.findaspring.com will hook you up with locations for the best earth-cleaned water you can find. If there's no springs nearby check out the santevia water filter, it emulates the earth's filtering process http://www.santevia.com/

Couldn't have said it better myself. Ill look into that water filter and get back to you.

olio wrote:
Try dumpster diving for food at organic markets, they usually throw out really good produce just because it might be off by the next day, but I've scored awesome greens many times, just make sure it's clean, which it usually is. And if not just wash it off in your sink. This is just if you're as poor as me.

This made me laugh but I do like the idea. What times do you usually go to avoid getting hassled?

olio wrote:
Ibogaine - A full cleanse, physically, mentally and spiritually. The strongest medicine on Earth.

Ayahuasca is great as well Smile
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

SHroomtroll
#8 Posted : 5/9/2012 6:25:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like a great plan but imo meat from good sources is a staple for a healthy diet, it´s hard getting those 1g of protein per 1kg of body weight othervise, that is the minimun requirement for someone who live an active life.

mrwiggle
#9 Posted : 5/9/2012 7:49:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

youve got the right idea, in general. Though i gotta say your kindof off track. raw is certainly not infinity superior (many raw green actually block uptake of certain nutrients) and that many bananas isnt exactly healthy either. also you either live somewhere subtropical or your incredibly unsustainable to be eating so many avocados and such i think its much more important to eat local if possible wild foods than to eat avocado salad everyday. in my climate a sustainable diet includes lots of roots and dairy/meat to keep one sustained through the chill. the forms of meditation and yoga you mention are reasonable but there are many other forms of mental physical spiritual discipline that one can cultivate. one needs certain animal based fat soluble vitamins for proper brain and nervous system function, not to mention dna encoding or developing strong bone structure...also you did not even mention fermentation which is the true boon to good health. the effort is appreciable but the info is lacking...i know you DID say QUICK guide, so i guess thats a disclamor, but fereal ferment ALL you food and eat local as possible, you'll be better off fer shure
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

MooshyPeaches
#10 Posted : 5/9/2012 8:05:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If your going to be lifting weights there's no reason to not eat eggs, milk, chicken and fish as well. +multi vitamin/fish oil, I know people think its badass to be all nature like and get all your nutrients from the forest and stay away from harming animals, but you simply can't get a top tier intake without adapting to a diet that may go against some people's "organic" way of life.

all good advice in this thread! its fun to adopt the basics of a health guide into your life and then letting your own healthy way of life details evolve into your own guide!

purple_dye
#11 Posted : 5/9/2012 8:22:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In regards to meat consumption as mentioned above Id tend to agree that meat is essential to ones diet but the amount of meat that a normal American eats is far too much. Meat intake need not be more than 2 to 3 times per week total with an amount no bigger than your closed fist each time.

High intakes a meat and animal products show a strong correlation with cardiovascular disease and cancer.

On the other hand there are certain nutrients that can not be obtained unless one eats meat. Its also worth noting that there is no such thing as a complete protein sourced plant (IE has each and every essential amino acid). This means one needs to carefully food combine if not eating meat.

There is a higher incidence of the aforementioned disease linked with red meat consumption. When picking meat sources always choose either wild caught fish (have to be careful of heavy metals though) or organic free range hormone free chicken.

just some food for thought

PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

proto-pax
#12 Posted : 5/9/2012 11:10:24 PM

bird-brain

where i am at, the limit for harmful levels of mercury are twice the levels detailed by my country's national standards. i wouldn't eat a single fish caught in the water ways of my state because there are no safe levels in the fish caught here.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

joedirt
#13 Posted : 5/9/2012 11:13:39 PM

Not I

olio wrote:

Eh....No thanks.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

jamie
#14 Posted : 5/9/2012 11:45:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

MooshyPeaches wrote:
If your going to be lifting weights there's no reason to not eat eggs, milk, chicken and fish as well. +multi vitamin/fish oil, I know people think its badass to be all nature like and get all your nutrients from the forest and stay away from harming animals, but you simply can't get a top tier intake without adapting to a diet that may go against some people's "organic" way of life.

all good advice in this thread! its fun to adopt the basics of a health guide into your life and then letting your own healthy way of life details evolve into your own guide!

Well, go tell that to vegan body builders and triathalon participants.
Long live the unwoke.

drob
#15 Posted : 5/10/2012 12:42:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You might want to check out some calisthenics Olio, really good fun, and a good workout as well.

Bar-barians - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...ture=channel&list=UL

Calisthen-x (VegansPleased) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...6umbEm0&feature=plcp

olio
#16 Posted : 5/10/2012 2:56:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SHroomtroll wrote:
Sounds like a great plan but imo meat from good sources is a staple for a healthy diet, it´s hard getting those 1g of protein per 1kg of body weight othervise, that is the minimun requirement for someone who live an active life.

Sorry but that's just wrong information, I eat very little protein and have unlimited energy and am as strong as I wish to be. I get some protein from hemp seeds and hemp protein powder. If you do decide to eat meat then please eat grass-fed, free range beef, OR hunt your own, it's not worth consuming the fear and pain of those poor beings.
That is not even close to the minimum requirement, it's just a bullshit fact that some asshole made up and has been spouted over and over again.

With the kettlebells, it is a full body workout, swings, snatches and squats, there is a plethora of videos on youtube giving full routines, you definitely hit all muscle groups.

olio
#17 Posted : 5/10/2012 3:03:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mrwiggle wrote:
youve got the right idea, in general. Though i gotta say your kindof off track. raw is certainly not infinity superior (many raw green actually block uptake of certain nutrients) and that many bananas isnt exactly healthy either. also you either live somewhere subtropical or your incredibly unsustainable to be eating so many avocados and such i think its much more important to eat local if possible wild foods than to eat avocado salad everyday. in my climate a sustainable diet includes lots of roots and dairy/meat to keep one sustained through the chill. the forms of meditation and yoga you mention are reasonable but there are many other forms of mental physical spiritual discipline that one can cultivate. one needs certain animal based fat soluble vitamins for proper brain and nervous system function, not to mention dna encoding or developing strong bone structure...also you did not even mention fermentation which is the true boon to good health. the effort is appreciable but the info is lacking...i know you DID say QUICK guide, so i guess thats a disclamor, but fereal ferment ALL you food and eat local as possible, you'll be better off fer shure

You're totally right man, I am living pretty unsustainably right now haha and yeah I love sauerkraut but haven't really experimented with other fermented foods.

jamie
#18 Posted : 5/10/2012 5:00:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have spent enough time now living as a raw vegan to come to the conclusion IMHO that all the people who claim you NEED meat and even protein to thrive are either full of BS or just dont really know what they are talking about.

You need amino acids-not protein specifically. The highest protein dense foods are also plant based..meat is a fat source first, and then protein and should be classified as such.

I am not saying that eating meat is wrong or that people should just go vegan. I think people should do what they feel is right for them because the moralizing gets annoying..but please just do not support factory farming.

I was 100% raw vegan for about 18 months..like strict raw vegan..now I am about 90% raw with some lightly steamed foods like potatoes here and there..maybe some roots or other wild foods because I got really into wild foods lately..some wild foods are when so medicinal but are inedible when raw so I do have very small ammounts of cooked food in my diet..never fried or baked..always lightly steamed..my diet is predominantly raw..having a gf that was a proffessional raw vegan chef for a few years helped to make it easy to stay on this path.

I never felt undernourished and I dont take protein supplements...ever. I have even gone periods without any nuts or seeds. You can get all the amino acids you need to build muscle from greens and fruits.

I eat wild dandelions all the time, wild nettles and I boil polypore medicinal tree mushrooms I collect into a soup broth that I have every day as the base for unpasturized miso that I add wild nettles to and lots of raw green onions and red peppers, dulse and kelp..and some raw sesame butter..blend it up and warm it but dont cook it Smile

I started taking MSM because sulfur is just great stuff.

We make raw pizza with dehydrated seed crusts and then make cheese from raw fermented brazil nut and then salt and spice it..and raw tomatoe sauce..just tons of thing you can make raw..
Long live the unwoke.

olio
#19 Posted : 5/10/2012 5:54:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice man! Yeah I'm mainly raw too, it feels great. I actually work at Gorilla Food, a raw, organic, vegan restaurant downtown Vancouver. It's cool to learn all the different recipes, we make a badass pizza crust with sunflower seeds, carrots, buckwheat and some other stuff. Thanks for the tips Jamie, wild dandelions are bomb.

jamie
#20 Posted : 5/10/2012 6:41:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, Gorilla is the only place I have not been to. When we were living downtown we would go to organic lives sometimes near cambie st..there was that one place on the drive as well but I cant remember the name..We actaully tried to start a business selling raw vegan chocolate and cakes becasue my gf ran Rawaura in ontario for a while and then was a chef at Rawlicious before she moved to vancouver so we had lots of different recipes..we spent alot of freaking money doing this getting permits and everything and kitchen space and supplies but noone seemed to be into raw chocolate in vancouver..whole foods and greens kept saying next month, okay next month and then next month..after a while we were just in so much debt so..

There is a Vegan place right on White Rock beach now, that has a raw menue as well..and they are okay..they had a lot of stuff a few months back then took some of the raw stuff off the menue though..

btw..do you drink spring water? When we were living in van until november we were drinking nothing but the spring water we went and collected every week or so at lynn valley..now we get water from the levity spring in north delta along the bottom of the bog..I have not drunk anything but spring water in 4 years or more now and it feels great..

here is the north van spring if you dont already know..

http://www.findaspring.c...rth-vancouver-bc-canada/
Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT»