We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
What actual inspiration have you had from DMT? Options

Bill Cipher
#21 Posted : 5/17/2012 8:32:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
hello Art,
if you dont mind me asking how long had you been smoalking before you started making art? and had you always been good at it?

I started shortly before my 45th birthday, which was a little more than two years after experiencing my first breakthrough. I had gone through a brief period in my late 30's (of around a month) where I copied Picassos out of a book for fun, and prior to that, I hadn't made any art whatsoever since drawing Aerosmith logos in my notebook in high school.

I've always had an enormous interest in art; I just never knew I was capable. So, yeah, this is all completely new to me. I'm an absolute beginner, but I'm diggin' it immensely. The experience gave me a new pair of eyes, and little choice but to try and articulate it.

That's what this has done for me. Actual results may vary. I'm not any smarter than I was before and I can't say as I'm any nicer, but it has changed my life in a major way, and that change continues to evolve.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

virtualmark
#22 Posted : 5/18/2012 2:58:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Eliyahu wrote:

My response>>>I'm sorry...but I believe SETI is a joke because I can make contact with E.T's in my living room at no cost
SETI costs how much??/ and they have made contact with who?

The difference here is that your supposed living room communication isn't benefiting humanity whatsoever. Whereas if we found aliens and spoke to them via radio, we could share the knowledge round and have a 2 way communication that would benefit the whole world.

And as i said, to understand why SETI isn't currently successful you need to understand the subject you're dealing with. Earth for example, has been round for over 4 billion years. Humans have been around for thousands of years - a blink in the eye of Earths history. So it could be very hard to detect aliens, but its essential to at least try. Just try to remember that pretty much everything we have today is due to science and research, the fact that we're having this conversation now is because of science. I'm a massive fan of science and wish that humanity would invest more into it, instead of wasting billions fighting each other.

Thanks for providing the details of people who have discovered things through LSD, i'll certainly have to read about them. That's exactly the sort of thing i'm looking for. I would love it if it were true - that we could take a drug and tune into another dimension. The possibilities could be limitless.

Tokapelli
#23 Posted : 5/18/2012 5:34:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well check this out. I was just reading thru this thread yesterday and it was kinda on my mind all day. So today when i got to work I was on Motherearthnews.com reading an article about Earthship homes (extremely efficient homes built from recylcled materials, very cool stuff hope to build one someday). This is the first paragraph of the article, Micheal Reynolds is the guy that invented earthship homes...

"In his book, A Coming of Wizards, Michael Reynolds said four mystical beings, whom he called “wizards,” appeared to him in psychedelic visions and gave him ideas that have guided his work. He wrote that the wizards taught him to “de-normalize” his thinking and tap into his own, personal “energy band.”

Read more: http://www.motherearthne...mzsto.aspx#ixzz1vEtEdwkS

Ok, so he doesnt say that it was DMT that provided him with those visions but I've never really heard of any other substance capable of that. 4 wizards? sounds like dmt to me.
I thought that was pretty cool, kind of a strange time to stumble on an article like that but not really, i guess thats just the way the universe works.

virtualmark
#24 Posted : 5/19/2012 2:29:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tokapelli wrote:
well check this out. I was just reading thru this thread yesterday and it was kinda on my mind all day. So today when i got to work I was on Motherearthnews.com reading an article about Earthship homes (extremely efficient homes built from recylcled materials, very cool stuff hope to build one someday). This is the first paragraph of the article, Micheal Reynolds is the guy that invented earthship homes...

"In his book, A Coming of Wizards, Michael Reynolds said four mystical beings, whom he called “wizards,” appeared to him in psychedelic visions and gave him ideas that have guided his work. He wrote that the wizards taught him to “de-normalize” his thinking and tap into his own, personal “energy band.”

Read more: http://www.motherearthne...mzsto.aspx#ixzz1vEtEdwkS

Ok, so he doesnt say that it was DMT that provided him with those visions but I've never really heard of any other substance capable of that. 4 wizards? sounds like dmt to me.
I thought that was pretty cool, kind of a strange time to stumble on an article like that but not really, i guess thats just the way the universe works.

Thats pretty awesome to say the least! I like the look of those houses. And it definitely sounds like dmt to me.

anonhippie
#25 Posted : 9/17/2013 1:56:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Muk wrote:
I learned empathy.

I too have learned a great deal of empathy. Its not art, science, or a novel, but my relationships with loved ones have improved noticeably. When on DMT I find myself looking at my life like I never have before. When I'm sober, I criticize myself and others, usually to no avail but being more narcotic. When I'm on DMT I see the tragedy and beauty of this life, and seeing that allows me to see how I can improve to heighten the beauty and diminish the tragedy.

dooby
#26 Posted : 9/17/2013 9:33:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I've had something happen to my brain and in spite of not being able to prove it, I am quite sure dmt had something to do with it...

I used to buy this magazine every Tuesday, and it had puzzles in it...
It's not a very intellectual magazine, and the puzzles are super-easy...
I mean, I could do the sudoku and crossword really fast and correctly every time...
But they also had this puzzle that represents some "sea battle" where you have to "guess" what's water and where the ships are based on numerical info...
I could never, ever find the solution to it...steps 1 and 2 most of the time, step 3 sometimes, very rarely step 4...
This frustrated me very much and I was already thinking of asking a friend to explain to me how the puzzle worked because I just didn't "see" it...
Then one night, I wasn't thinking about the puzzles in any way, I visit a friend a he offers me a massive hit, biggest one I had taken so far (and since)...
This was on a Sunday...
The next Tuesday the magazine came out, I bought it and did the puzzles as usual, also trying the sea battle puzzle (thinking to myself "why do I keep trying this nonsense)...and I completed it in a matter of minutes!
I had a year's worth of those magazines all with incomplete sea battle puzzles and I spent the next two afternoons solving them all, only ending up with one that wasn't completed correctly...

Nothing happened to me in between those two Tuesdays, and certainly nothing that could have influenced my brain in any way, except then maybe...

PLUR

My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

SpaceSeek
#27 Posted : 9/17/2013 10:04:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will we perceive the world in a natural psychedelic brain state in the distant future?

Maybe, just possibly, were getting a glimpse of what our brains can do once evolution/time catches up.

This is one question I've always asked myself.
SpaceSeek is a fictional character. Everything posted on this account is for educational and entertainment purposes only. SpaceSeek does not condone the use of any illegal substance. Use of post content from this account without authors said permission is prohibited.

Love,
SpaceSeek

vineseeker
#28 Posted : 9/18/2013 11:19:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Now this is the sort of thing i'm talking about. What ancient knowledge did they show you? Nuclear fusion? Antimatter? A way to create a wormhole? Do you have anything to tell that's useful in our world?

whats useful for you? Some knowledge about materials or nature, technology and so on...
Well advanced beings dont operate that way. They know what is transitory therefor they will not waste their time with that stuff too much.
All of that what you want to know is transitory, so I bet you can wait for a long time to find your evidence.

But these advanced energy bros will teach you about compassion and other thingsBig grin

But I guess that does not count and is not important for your research.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

"It's very, very dangerous to lose contact with living nature."
Albert Hofmann

DesykaLamgeenie
#29 Posted : 9/18/2013 5:28:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

vineseeker wrote:
whats useful for you? Some knowledge about materials or nature, technology and so on...
Well advanced beings dont operate that way. They know what is transitory therefor they will not waste their time with that stuff too much.
All of that what you want to know is transitory, so I bet you can wait for a long time to find your evidence.

But these advanced energy bros will teach you about compassion and other thingsBig grin

But I guess that does not count and is not important for your research.

^^This

Virtualmark, I understand your question and I understand what you're looking for...but in my opinion, from my experience, you're looking in the wrong direction.

virtualmark wrote:

The difference here is that your supposed living room communication isn't benefiting humanity whatsoever. Whereas if we found aliens and spoke to them via radio, we could share the knowledge round and have a 2 way communication that would benefit the whole world.

Quite the contrary - these supposed living room visits ARE benefiting humanity. Just look at what everyone is saying in this thread. Not that everyone is claiming these changes are rooted in ET contact, but whether the lessons, perspective shifts, etc come from aliens or just come from getting different perspectives on our lives/the world due to shifts in consciousness, it's absolutely without-a-doubt causing people to take a step back and analyze their life and how they're living it and make changes necessary to align with love and harmony. These experiences are making big changes in people's personal lives, and thus, the world, by way of spreading through the social system like nutrients in a root system - not all the roots are picking up all the same information, but the whole plant benefits nonetheless.

I have been communicated with on many occasions over the years, and whether it was an illusory experience involving other aspects of myself or not does't seem to matter, because the effect is the same. It's always about evolution and improvement, and it always is serious enough to bring about change in how I conduct my life - change for the better.

As for aliens coming across a technological apparatus to teach us how to improve our way of living, I don't think that's the way it works - in my experience, contact occurs when the frequency range that one's consciousness is tuned in to is altered to bring it closer to the range of the beings with whom you wish to contact. And so who does this allow them to communicate with? Those who are taking these substances, or using other methodologies, and reaching out for such contact - thereby tuning in/reaching out, very similar to an antenna! WE are the devices to be used in communication, not a physical apparatus.

And as for them teaching us technological advancements:

“It’s clearly a crisis of two things: of consciousness and conditioning. We have the technological power, the engineering skills to save our planet, to cure disease, to feed the hungry, to end war; But we lack the intellectual vision, the ability to change our minds. We must decondition ourselves from 10,000 years of bad behavior. And, it’s not easy.”

and

“We have the money, the power, the medical understanding, the scientific know-how, the love and the community to produce a kind of human paradise. But we are led by the least among us – the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary. We are led by the least among us and we do not fight back against the dehumanizing values that are handed down as control icons.”

Both from Terence McKenna

DMT and other psychedelics, and aliens, have much more important things to offer than technological advancements. That is not what is going to save/fix our world. They offer guidance along a path to a new level of mental/emotional/psychological/spiritual advancement – and, in some cases, sure - maybe technological – but if that’s the only direction you’re looking to for improvement of our situation here on Earth, you’re missing a huge part (the main part) of the picture.

It’s not a matter of getting technology or other scientific advice from an ET race. It’s a matter of bucking the F up and dealing with our issues. Looking for technology or other scientific advice from an ET race is sorta like someone looking to the pharmaceutical industry for the cure to an ailment, when that ‘cure’ will only mask the issue and bring about new symptoms down the road. That’s an understandable route to take, but only for someone who doesn’t know the alternatives. And the alternatives are what DMT, and other psychedelics, can teach people about, if they go in to it looking for it – reaching out for advice and guidance on how to be a part of a different way of living on earth, rooted in love and compassion not only for each other but for life in any and every form, animate and (seemingly) inanimate. They can help us decondition from our previous/current ways, which many people blindly accept as “human nature”. They can help us take a stand. They can help us rise up...and none of it takes attaining a new level of technological advancement. It takes a new level of mental/emotional/psychological/spiritual advancement...of which the path to is lit by psychedelics and other consciousness-expanding methodologies - technology takes a back seat here, for the time being.

DesykaLamgeenie
#30 Posted : 9/18/2013 5:43:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Gah, sorry for straying from the OP's main subject - since I already wrote one long reply, I'll just say that I've experienced many of the same improvements/inspirations/etc that everyone else is mentioning - aside from getting involved in art. And many of you put them into words much better than I think I would have - so I will just say "I concur."

PREV12