We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What actual inspiration have you had from DMT? Options

virtualmark
#1 Posted : 5/5/2012 8:52:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, i've read a lot of experiences and quite often people claim things like gaining insight or inspiration. Although i'd like to believe it, i find it hard to, as i have never seen one person give details of something they'd learned from DMT. I'm still trying to decide if DMT gives access to a parallel universe, or if DMT is where we go when we die, of if its a form of communication with plants or our subconscious, or merely just another drug getting us high.

So i'd like to hear if any of you have had inspiration or insight from taking DMT, and what the nature of that insight was?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/5/2012 10:24:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does oral DMT with harmalas count?

Felnik
#3 Posted : 5/5/2012 11:14:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It should count that's where the good stuff comes from for me
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

acacian
#4 Posted : 5/6/2012 4:12:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think a lot of the teachings of DMT aren't really all that expressible through language and maybe thats why people have trouble getting them across to you. I learnt from DMT that the underlying energy of the universe is love and that my consciousness isn't just bound to my body. i also learnt how to surrender, and i've gained much mroe respect and love for myself. as far as inspiration, dmt inspires me to celebrate who I am and to nurture this body that i have been given, and to think about the world in differen't ways.

Dethrone
#5 Posted : 5/7/2012 4:27:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My greatest insight came from asking myself one question,and that question helped me better understand
most of the things you are trying to decide about DMT. "Who am I"?

Also, "what am I?" I no longer believe I am just this body and mind,it is just a vessel that carries the true eternal
me.My consciousness the "I AM".

Real or not the messages are there and I have never been more at peace and happy in my life.

scudge
#6 Posted : 5/7/2012 4:41:57 AM

ab intra

Inspiration seems like an understatement from the wealth of information one could maybe receive from this plant. lots of practice i guess it would take to truly letting go?
Its in your head

Eliyahu
#7 Posted : 5/8/2012 5:55:44 AM
סנדלפון

Are you aware that "String theory" exists because of a LSD trip that a physicist took???
Obviously DMT is not LSD but it is about 1000 times stronger than LSD so it's only reasonable to assume that DMT might be a source of revolutionary inspiration, like it's little baby cousin, LSD.

Like any mystical experience, there is absolutely no way that I could prove to you that my experience was a real one and not just a product of my imagination.

But I will tell you some things anyway and you can take from it what you will.

WHAT DMT HAS DONE FOR ME...

1: I have made contact with Extra Terrestrial beings.

Yes, that's right. Let me just say SETI is an absolute joke, they might as well give the money they spend on that junk pile to us nexus members because many of us have found the real deal.

I and countless others like me have made contact with REAL Alien life forms,
It is not the cheesy grey faced alien from TV either, in fact they are nothing at all like anything you have ever seen on TV's or movies.

I personally have encountered and interacted with dozens and dozens of very different types of intelligent inorganic life forms. They have taken me to their dimension, they have shown me their ancient knowledge, they have let me ride on a "spaceship".

These beings are not just 500 or a thousand years more advanced than our Earth civilization. These beings are billions of years more advanced than our civilization.

What do you think you could learn from a billion year old race of super advanced beings??
Do you think you might get inspiration from such an encounter?

How about if those being created you and your world.

And you asked for details...I will give you this little description.

The space craft that I got to ride in was "grown" not built. It was a "manta ray" like pod type vehicle that was half biological and half machine. The outside of the vehicle had the color of burnished brass.
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

virtualmark
#8 Posted : 5/14/2012 9:37:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Eliyahu wrote:

Are you aware that "String theory" exists because of a LSD trip that a physicist took???

Sorry, but this is wrong. I've studied quantum physics at university and string theory is a result of advanced mathematical equations working out when you add in higher dimensions. This is precisely the sort of myth that gets spread around, along with the 'you produce dmt when you sleep or die' myth that has never been proved. I'd rather stick to the facts here.

Eliyahu wrote:
Like any mystical experience, there is absolutely no way that I could prove to you that my experience was a real one and not just a product of my imagination.

This is what i'm trying to find out. If you'd had some scientific breakthrough or written a bestselling novel from the result of a dmt trip then it'd be evidence that its real.

Eliyahu wrote:
Yes, that's right. Let me just say SETI is an absolute joke, they might as well give the money they spend on that junk pile to us nexus members because many of us have found the real deal.

Sorry but SETI is far from a joke. Again, if we look at the facts, we've only been scanning the radio waves for a few years. We've had radio for about a century and already we're moving from AM and FM modulation to purely digital. Yet humans have been here for thousands and thousands of years, but from the start of radio to digital is about 100 years. Digital is far harder to detect from another world, even detecting the carrier signal of analog radio would be hard. So there's a theory that any intelligent civilization will only have a small period of being detectable before the signals go to digital. But the truth is, if we don't look we don't know, so i'm all for scanning the skies and seeing whatever we can. We've discovered over 1000 exoplanets now, which suggests there's millions of planets in the milky way galaxy alone. I think there has to be life out there.

Eliyahu wrote:
They have taken me to their dimension, they have shown me their ancient knowledge

Now this is the sort of thing i'm talking about. What ancient knowledge did they show you? Nuclear fusion? Antimatter? A way to create a wormhole? Do you have anything to tell that's useful in our world?

This is why i started the thread, i'm interested in actual inspiration from dmt. I want to know if its real or if its just our minds playing tricks. One way to prove it would be actual knowledge people have gained.

Felnik
#9 Posted : 5/14/2012 9:50:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is something i,m personally trying to work out .attemting to extract useful info from contact .

It has become apparent that i am connecting with some kind of organisms on a regular basis .

Trying to get some tangible information
Is the tricky part .

There is a serious communication gap going on .

The problem is that these things seem to be following a specific directive that doesn't include communication with connected organism

Aka. Us

It's beyond our present reach. In hyperspace they run the show.

They seem to work in feelings not language . I am suspect of anyone recieving information in English or any other earthbound language.

It's not going to work like that .

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 5/14/2012 11:01:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a little confused as to the question. If it's what kind of concrete information have you been given to lend credence to the objective truth of the experience, my personal answer would be none. I don't believe that I am necessarily interacting with an objective reality, haven't been gifted any "truths" per se (or next week's winning lotto numbers). And it's not that this external reality explanation is completely off the table. It's just more complicated than that for me. Where I go is within, not outside myself.

However, if you're asking about inspiration, that's a very different matter, and if you're using that as a barometer of the validity of the experience, I will testify in the affirmative. I'm 46 and have taken up art just within the past year of my life. I'm obsessed with it, good at it, and believe it's something I'll do for the rest of my days. Whether or not it ever produces a tangible return is immaterial. My life is forever changed and I am enriched beyond all measure.

Thanks, DMT. I owe you one. Cool

WarriorPriest
#11 Posted : 5/14/2012 11:49:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's what my travels have given me:

1. How to confront my fears.
2. What it feels like to feel the truth of the fact that "Everything is energy"
3. By experiencing consciousness in many ways, you begin to appreciate and value all of them
4. Art and music are FAR more important than we ever imagined them to be
5. Our minds are capable of creating infinite and incomprehensible worlds of unbearable beauty. This leaves me in awe of what we will be capable of if we survive as a species.
6. We are always in a state of constant metamorphosis. Each moment is a chance for change.
7. By stepping outside of my everyday consciousness, I gain perspective on my life, my attitudes and what truly influences me.
8. I need to ask better questions. The only reason I have not found all the answers I seek is that I have not been truly asking the right ones.
9. By exploring strange and unusual places in the mind, I gain new models for creating beauty in this world.
10. How to stop trying to control all situations all the time. There are times in life and in hyperspace where the most rewarding stance is one of passive observation. Worlds of knowledge await.

All this might be abstract and esoteric in some people's eyes. Here are the changes I feel since the beginning of my journeys. I am MUCH more curious about the world and how it works now. I am currently reading 1-3 new books every week and retaining much more information than before.

I am MUCH more patient and accepting of people and ways of life other than my own now. I am willing to listen to just about any point of view in an effort to feel some truth in it before judging or discarding.

I am taking more joy in the small things in life. I am eating better, exercising more, and taking things that I want to be good at more seriously.

I no longer worry so much about what others think of me...paying more attention to what they think of themselves.

I've left out everything that I feel I have learned which cannot be backed up by real, observable verification by both myself and those who I care about in my life. These are all very real effects in my life.

WP

Everything written by this poster is 100% fiction

“Poems are rough notations for the music we are.”
― Rumi

Wax
#12 Posted : 5/15/2012 2:13:21 AM

LUVR

WarriorPriest, I think you hit the nail on the head with that. Couldn't have said it better!
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

tony
#13 Posted : 5/15/2012 2:39:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eliyahu wrote:

WHAT DMT HAS DONE FOR ME...

1: I have made contact with Extra Terrestrial beings.

I and countless others like me have made contact with REAL Alien life forms,
It is not the cheesy grey faced alien from TV either, in fact they are nothing at all like anything you have ever seen on TV's or movies.

I personally have encountered and interacted with dozens and dozens of very different types of intelligent inorganic life forms. They have taken me to their dimension, they have shown me their ancient knowledge, they have let me ride on a "spaceship".

My experience with DMT has been very similar to this, the only difference is that I do not feel that the beings/aliens/entities/whatever are necessarily objectively real, they may well be but I have no way of knowing and would never assert that I do. They could be real "aliens" from another plane of existence, or they could be just an internal hallucination... or they could be both and neither, we could all be part of the same thing. I just don't know. As for gaining any tangible information from them, nope... not for me. I have brought back nothing that could verify anything one way or the other, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are not objectively real. Certainly from my experiences it seems this other dimension (whether it is real or not) operates in a completely alien way to ours, concepts like time and space, or even cause and effect and logic, just don't really apply... so even if they were real it would be very difficult for any of the experience to be translated into something evidenciary.

I will say this though, the sheer complexity of what goes on when in the DMT space seems so in depth, so utterly fantastical and out of this world, that I find it hard to understand how it could all be a construct of my mind, and I don't understand how a simple molecule can create these fantasies... but just because i don't understand it or find it counterintuitive doesn't mean therefore they are real, that would be an argumentum ad ignorantiam.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

nen888
#14 Posted : 5/15/2012 3:50:39 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..for me, the question is similar to asking: 'What actual inspiration have you had from good sex?"
it can be very personal, and not rational/quantifiable what the total experience is..

but, i also think No. 1 on WarriorPriest's list is good enough on it's own:
Quote:
How to confront my fears.

it's a training space, not a seminar...

nen888
#15 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:07:09 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i think it directly inspired ideas like 'The Matrix'..
it's up to how creative an individual is to gain 'inspiration' beyond feeling, wonder and inter-connectedness..
..one person's alien is another's angel is another's elf etc..

jamie
#16 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:07:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have gotten a lot out of both psilocybin and DMT(oral and vaped). No other entheogens have given me so much.

Mushrooms taught me how to laugh..really laugh and this is why I will take them forever, becasue there is no better medicine than laughter. I am who I am because of mushrooms and I love them and feel I owe them a great debt. DMT has allowed me to visit the places I once visited on my highest doses of mushrooms, only for minutes at a time instead of hours so I can explore these places more frequently and without so much fear..ayahuasca showed me that I am me, will always be me and happyness comes from expressing who I am instead of trying to ever put on a fake face in order to fit into someone elses perception of who I am.

Without mushrooms, DMT and ayahuasca I would be lost in confusion instead of living it up in the mystery.

Answers are overrated.

Sure I have met many aliens and weird plasma beings along the way..but that is not really the point, is it?

The mushroom faeries told me that we need new stories to replace the paradigms we hand down to our children so that we can all be inspired by this life on gaia again. That changed the way I view our world forever and I could spend an entire lifetime just trying to do that work..
Long live the unwoke.

olio
#17 Posted : 5/15/2012 5:15:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eliyahu wrote:

The space craft that I got to ride in was "grown" not built. It was a "manta ray" like pod type vehicle that was half biological and half machine. The outside of the vehicle had the color of burnished brass.

This gives me a brain boner. Very happy
It was the fabled year 2012. Within the seemingly doomed and feeble slave-species of homo-sapien sapien a minute percentage began experimenting with various forms of psycho-active plant allies and thought manifestation techniques. Unbeknownst to them, this would be the birthing of a new sub-species, the highest form of Life in the universe. With the assistance of these timeless plant teachers a new race was born, a race without boundaries, physical or mental, a race without judgement or violence. Divinity had descended upon the inconspicuous planet of Earth and cosmic-man was born.

Muk
#18 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:50:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I learned empathy.

3rdI
#19 Posted : 5/15/2012 5:03:45 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Uncle Knucles wrote:
I'm 46 and have taken up art just within the past year of my life. I'm obsessed with it, good at it, and believe it's something I'll do for the rest of my days. Whether or not it ever produces a tangible return is immaterial. My life is forever changed and I am enriched beyond all measure.

Thanks, DMT. I owe you one. Cool

hello Art,
if you dont mind me asking how long had you been smoalking before you started making art? and had you always been good at it?

cheers
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Eliyahu
#20 Posted : 5/17/2012 6:21:22 PM
סנדלפון

virtualmark wrote:

Eliyahu wrote:

"This is what i'm trying to find out. If you'd had some scientific breakthrough or written a bestselling novel from the result of a dmt trip then it'd be evidence that its real."
"
My response>>>Wait..If I had written a bestselling novel? it would be evidence that my experience was real??? you really think so? I think not.

Eliyahu wrote:

"Sorry but SETI is far from a joke. Again, if we look at the facts, we've only been scanning the radio waves for a few years. We've had radio for about a century and already we're moving from AM and FM modulation to purely digital. Yet humans have been here for thousands and thousands of years, but from the start of radio to digital is about 100 years. Digital is far harder to detect from another world, even detecting the carrier signal of analog radio would be hard. So there's a theory that any intelligent civilization will only have a small period of being detectable before the signals go to digital. But the truth is, if we don't look we don't know, so i'm all for scanning the skies and seeing whatever we can. We've discovered over 1000 exoplanets now, which suggests there's millions of planets in the milky way galaxy alone. I think there has to be life out there."

My response>>>I'm sorry...but I believe SETI is a joke because I can make contact with E.T's in my living room at no cost
SETI costs how much??/ and they have made contact with who?

Eliyahu wrote:
They have taken me to their dimension, they have shown me their ancient knowledge

"Now this is the sort of thing i'm talking about. What ancient knowledge did they show you? Nuclear fusion? Antimatter? A way to create a wormhole? Do you have anything to tell that's useful in our world?

"This is why i started the thread, i'm interested in actual inspiration from dmt. I want to know if its real or if its just our minds playing tricks. One way to prove it would be actual knowledge people have gained. "

My response>>>Well...good luck to you...I believe the govenment has tried to extract "real" technology information from DMT and I am pretty sure they failed....
the thing is the DMT aliens do not want their existence to be proven without a doubt...
If your looking for tangible evidence you might be looking for a long, long time.

My response>>>Oh yeah and I WAS wrong about the string theory thing it was actually the DNA thing.

-the following is paraphrased but true none the less
"Nobel Prize genius, Francis Crick, was high on LSD when he discovered the secret of life - the DNA Helix. (Does the shape of the DNA Double Helix suit your liking? Do you think God would create life in that shape or form?)

Nobel-prize-winning chemist, Kary Mullis, says LSD helped him develop the polymerase chain reaction that helps amplify specific DNA sequences. . .

Early computer pioneers also used LSD for inspiration. Douglas Englebart, the inventor of the mouse. . .

Myron Stolaroff, a former Ampex engineer. . .

And Apple-cofounder Steve Jobs who describes his LSD experience as "one of the two or three most important things I've done in my life" in the 2005 book "What the Dormouse Said" . . .

Terrence McKenna's TimeWave Zero Theory was developed while on an LSD trip . . .

"When you study natural science and the miracles of creation, if you don't turn into a mystic you are not a natural scientist" ~ Albert Hoffman (Inventor of LSD) . . ."

So in conclusion I will just agree to disagree with you and back off a bit because this is your thread and all. I do wish you the best.

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

12NEXT