We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT
The OFFICIAL Binaural Beat Thread Options

jamie
#101 Posted : 1/12/2013 4:28:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

the frequency of the binaural beats should probly be mentioned..as binaural beats is a general description of a sound system that generates many different states of consciousness or brainwave patters. I dont think all of them would generate lucid dreams. I would think you are using alpha and theta rythms?
Long live the unwoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

JourneyToJah
#102 Posted : 1/12/2013 10:21:25 AM

Free Spirit

interesting technique Smile

i would recommend you download Hemisync made by the guys at the Heartmath institute. they are flac or 320kbps mp3 and are perfect for lucid dreaming induction, because they are at highest sound quality.

i like to keep my mind clear while meditating or listening to binaural beats, the thing that gets me going is some weed.

i like to do it on theta waves more because they get me to the hypnagogic state which i so much love.

you can find more info about sleep stages and brainwaves here: http://psychology.about....usness/a/SleepStages.htm
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

AfroHorror
#103 Posted : 1/15/2013 10:09:58 PM

Paradox Entity

Most the beats i've been using feature alpha-delta wave. (Frequencies seem to vary)
Still haven't had a whole lot of luck getting lucid dreams to last.

Anyone have some downloadable mp3's they can link?
The Code Was Written In Blood
When the People Fear the Government there is Tyranny, When the Government Fears the People there is Liberty Thomas Jefferson
I AM THE HARDEST AND THE SOFTEST, WE ARE ONE.

jamie
#104 Posted : 1/15/2013 10:50:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

you should buy hemisync CD's if you want to work with hemi-sync really..the quality of the audio files is not conserved when transfered to mp3's. Baiscally hemi-sync has to be used as a hemi-sync CD and not in mp3 format to work properly at it's full potential.

Listening to stuff on youtube or mp3's is nice but it's not comparable to a high quality hemi sync CD.
Long live the unwoke.

universecannon
#105 Posted : 1/15/2013 11:20:16 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

yea i've heard that alot. i'll probably get some eventually. i've actually just used this one with great luck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1h2np77xk

i have a proteus mind machine that i use sometimes, but thats mostly just for tripping

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Aetherius Rimor
#106 Posted : 1/27/2013 6:44:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Why is this in the science forum? I've seen no evidence that those are giving you nothing but a placebo effect.

a1pha
#107 Posted : 1/31/2013 1:52:50 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Aetherius Rimor wrote:
Why is this in the science forum? I've seen no evidence that those are giving you nothing but a placebo effect.

I merged the many threads on binaural beats some time ago into this *official* thread... however, people still make new ones. I've once again merged them here.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

DeDao
#108 Posted : 2/1/2013 4:56:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would love to try this again. I tried it a few years back, maybe 4 or so and listened to ones that would have a constant beat and then RANDOMLY go SKURRRRRRRT or BEEEEEEEEEP.. Jesus, I would jump from my meditative state and just be on edge, fearful of another random, misplaced annoyance of a sound.

Anyone know of any that are a single noise all the way through with no disturbances?..
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

a1pha
#109 Posted : 2/1/2013 5:03:41 AM

DeDao wrote:
Anyone know of any that are a single noise all the way through with no disturbances?..

Look into Gnaural w/ the track "Hyperbolic Consciousness". The other tracks are good as well. ;-]

EDIT: I should also mention it is very important to use good headphones to fully experience the various mindstates offered by binaural beats. It's the reason I invested good money into quality IEMs and it truly makes a difference.

DeDao
#110 Posted : 2/1/2013 5:15:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Finally I can put the 60 dollar head phones I have to use! Thanks bud, bookmarked!
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

DeDao
#111 Posted : 2/1/2013 5:20:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I am playing the track. It is supposed to be a fuzz-like sound right?

What is supposed to happen when listening to the track with eye closed? Meditative state?

a1pha
#112 Posted : 2/1/2013 5:30:15 AM

DeDao wrote:
So I am playing the track. It is supposed to be a fuzz-like sound right?

Yes. That 'fuzz' is actually very complex layers of tones overlapping to trick your mind into entering various states.

DeDao wrote:
What is supposed to happen when listening to the track with eye closed? Meditative state?

Yes, they are used to enter various meditative states. The best method I've found is to locate a Gnaural track which seems good to you and export the track as a .flac file and import it into whatever digital audio device you own. Many don't actually play .flac files so you will have to settle for a high-bitrate mp3. Keep in mind, however, when converting to mp3 you lose precious upper and lower frequencies needed to achieve the optimal mindstate. The benefit of transferring to the audio player, tho, is the ability to lay in bed with headphones comfortably while entering the meditative state.

It's a bit tricky - but play and you'll get the hang of it.

NamahsNaicigam
#113 Posted : 2/1/2013 7:52:44 AM

प्रत्येक बुद्ध

Kelly Howell is the best binaural producer in my opinion. The "HDJ-2000" headphones are the best headphones in my opinion. And the two of them together are just lovely...

...in my opinion.
[Nãh•Mãs Ny•See•Gom] - Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Familiarity did.
Samsara

DeDao
#114 Posted : 2/1/2013 3:25:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool! I am listening to one now. I am obviously up and on the computer but it's interesting.

Mickey_Mouse_33
#115 Posted : 2/1/2013 6:55:00 PM
Energy is eternal delight

If you want to use binaural beats to achieve OBE's I highly recommend Hemi-Sync / The Gateway Experience.
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- Meister Eckhart

a1pha
#116 Posted : 2/1/2013 7:06:46 PM

Miksiton wrote:
If you want to use binaural beats to achieve OBE's I highly recommend Hemi-Sync / The Gateway Experience.

Why pay their absurd prices when you can achieve the same, if not better, effects from the free open-source program Gnaural? The files I linked above were created and pioneered by Yale University researchers... and are 100% free.

Just sayin'

Mickey_Mouse_33
#117 Posted : 2/4/2013 5:48:08 PM
Energy is eternal delight

a1pha wrote:
Miksiton wrote:

Why pay their absurd prices when you can achieve the same, if not better, effects from the free open-source program Gnaural? The files I linked above were created and pioneered by Yale University researchers... and are 100% free.

Just sayin'

True, I for one was a naughty boy and implemented the torrent way of life in this case. Anyway, what differs it from Gnaural is that with Hemi-Sync you are also being guided and get to try experiments and exercises specifically made for achieving out-of-body experiences or other altered states. It has so far worked great for me.
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- Meister Eckhart

a1pha
#118 Posted : 2/4/2013 5:59:20 PM

Miksiton wrote:
True, I for one was a naughty boy and implemented the torrent way of life in this case.

Admittedly, I might have done the same. It is true the guiding voice is nice w/o the high cost. Razz

DamiasOfEgypt
#119 Posted : 2/12/2013 1:13:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just today i was awake sitting in bed because i could not fall asleep due to my insomnia so i decided to meditate. Well because i live in a noisy college dorm and all the other students happen to be waking up and making loads of noise at the same time i decided to look hook up my ear phones and listen to some binaural beats while i meditated. And then i noticed a second problem, over the last school break they installed a spotlight right next to my window to act as a street light type device for the side walk that runs along the outside of my dorm building. So i decide, "Hey why don't you try ganzfeld again". So i make a quick light diffusing device, i.e. i tied a white t-shirt over my head so that my entire field of vision was red, and i play the binaural beats sound along with some static as i usually do when i meditate. I put a red screen on my computer and i started to meditate. This is an account of my techniques and what i experienced.

-At first i start to get my mind settled so that i can focus on nothing but the task at hand. This usually takes about 5-8 mins.

-once this is accomplished, i focus on trying to focus both of the sounds i'm hearing into separate sounds, but at the same time focusing on both of them. Its hard to explain but its like those puzzles that are actually 2 different picture and your mind has to switch between them and can only see one at a time, what i do is i catch it while it is switching and concentrate on staying there. This usually doesn't take to long as i have done it many times before. I stay here as long as i can.

-After a few minutes in this position, i start to feel pressure on/in my head where it is often claimed the third eye is. I now try to focus on that also. After a while, the pressure becomes more intense and i start to get slight closed i visuals when i close my eyes.

-This is the part that was different than normal. As i focused i started to feel my eyes tremble. I become scared because i have never really felt this feeling. Soon it starts to spread to the pressure in my forehead. I feel it slowly creep to the rest of my body down my neck and into my extremities. And after a while the slight tremors become a shaking, not a violent one but i can feel my bed moving. I am really scared at this point and decide to hold on to see what would happen.

-I start to see this tunnel like thing forming out of the blue/purple things you would normally see when your eyes are closed to tightly. At this point i feel myself "moving", like i feel the sensation but i know i'm not going anywhere. I see the tunnel moving past me and in the horizon i see this place like a city of glass, but it has this rainbow like luster to it. I want to badly in my heart to go see it, but this voice tells me that i am not ready and then the tunnels takes a detour away from it and leads me into a dark pit. Its like i can feel myself entering my self if that makes any since. Then i lose the visuals. But i can feel the area where pressure is reverberating. and it spreads through out my being the same way the shaking did. then i start to "feel" the air around me doing the same thing.

At this point i decide that my meditation is over due to the fact i must ready myself for class. I take the shirt of my head and i feel like the room is still reverberating. Everything around me has this strange glow about it and i feel a bit shaken but completely at peace and ready to take on the day.

I really just want to know if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this, or if they have tried this meditation set up before. Any input will be helpful and appreciated.

~~``anonymous``~~
#120 Posted : 2/12/2013 1:27:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no i have not but keep it up cause sounds like you are on 2 something there Smile

«PREV45678NEXT