We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salting DMT out of d-limonene with FASA Options

Pup Tentacle
#1 Posted : 5/2/2012 12:55:35 PM

lettuce

I've searched and found mention of salting DMT out of d-limonene with FASA but the teks I've read mention using FASW. Can FASA be used?
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 5/2/2012 1:01:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FASI works for sure, same as FASA except using IPA and not acetone.

With FASA, infundibulum once tried it out and weirdly, the FASA, instead of mixing with limonene and precipitating the fumarates, formed a distinct layer and alkaloids did not precipitate.

I dont remember anybody else trying it out but I would love if you could try with a small amount and see if this also happens with you (and therefore limo+FASA should indeed not be recommended), or if it works out (and then it means something was wrong with inf's chemicals for some reason, maybe acetone had too much water or some other reason).

Pup Tentacle
#3 Posted : 5/2/2012 1:08:41 PM

lettuce

Thanks Endlessness! I'll use the FASI plan but try it out on a bit with the FASA and report back. Waiting on a new batch of bark, so it'll be a couple weeks.

Also... whats a good ratio for Fumaric Acid/IPA?
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Pup Tentacle
#4 Posted : 5/2/2012 1:52:09 PM

lettuce

Did I read in a post of yours (Endlessness), that DMT fumarate is only soluble in hot IPA?

After mixing the IPA and limo separate or I just wait for precipitate?

Nevermind....sorry to ask before researching, looks like the BLAB tek answers all my questions Smile
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

endlessness
#5 Posted : 5/2/2012 2:18:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Check BLAB tek for detailed instructions on FASI salting

DMT fumarate is soluble in hot IPA but not in (dry) cold IPA. But for doing FASI, you dont need it to be soluble, the inverse, you want it to precipitate, so dont worry about that. Yeah you just add FASI to the limo, you see it cloudying up, you let it stand for a week or so and you harvest your crystals which will have precipitated. Washing your limo with sodium carb solution will make for purer dmt fumarate precipitation. Also make sure the limonene is dry, because if there are droplets of water around the container, when you add the FASI, this will accumulate on the bottom forming some more impure crystals. You can always clean it up, though, but I think it makes it easier if its purer to begin with. Also dont throw away your limo after harvesting crystals, add more FASI and wait a few more days to see if more precipitates.

let us know how it goes

Pup Tentacle
#6 Posted : 5/2/2012 2:29:52 PM

lettuce

Ok... sorry to keep going here but...

The difference between FASI ans FASW?

- if I use FASW with limo then I mix super well, let separate and I can use a separatory funnel, evap water and purify (if needed)

- if I use FASI, the fumarate drops out, I decant limo, evap as much as possible, and purify

Do I have a handle on the difference?
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

endlessness
#7 Posted : 5/2/2012 2:31:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes.

FASW will be significantly more impure. Personally I preffer working with FASI.

Pup Tentacle
#8 Posted : 5/2/2012 2:33:37 PM

lettuce

Man, I can't thank you enough. If I could cook you dinner I would!
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

Pup Tentacle
#9 Posted : 5/2/2012 5:14:58 PM

lettuce

AND..... LOL....

Are there other substances besides water and IPA that I could consider for this task?

Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson

The Day Tripper
#10 Posted : 5/2/2012 7:20:38 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
You can use fasa (acetone), also a trick for using fasw-

Weigh the exact amount of fumaric acid you use, then evaporate your water and weigh the product. If its approx 3x heavier than what you put in, it should be mostly dmt fumarate with some impurities. dmt fumarate should be 20-25% fumaric acid by weight. Granted, theres going to be impurities, but if your adding 200mg of fumaric acid, and getting 500mg of out you know your using too much acid.

I use this method, and guestimate how much fumaric acid to use based on yeilds from previous extractions on the same bark. Keeps fumaric acid contamination to a minimum. You could also just fasw out your dmt with excess fumaric acid, then make a paste with that and equal parts lime and dry it. Pull with dry acetone/iso, and fasa/i that to get pure dmt fumarate. I find you save alot of alcohol this way, but its a bit more effort involved.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Pup Tentacle
#11 Posted : 5/2/2012 7:36:28 PM

lettuce

The Day Tripper wrote:
You could also just fasw out your dmt with excess fumaric acid, then make a paste with that and equal parts lime and dry it. Pull with dry acetone/iso, and fasa/i that to get pure dmt fumarate. I find you save alot of alcohol this way, but its a bit more effort involved.

After a lot of reading and advice, I htink this is the route I'm going to pursue first. Thanks for the insight!
Pup Tentacle

Robert Anton Wilson