We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tynanthus panurensis - Clavo Huasca (Hawaiian Cielo?) Options

coz42
#1 Posted : 1/13/2009 6:34:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've recently obtained this specimen through a secure source out of curiosity, but I can't seem to find more information on this vine. I'm more curious to why it would be sold as "Banisteriopsis Caapi" apart from clavo huasca, of little similarity from what I understand. Sounds more of a sexual stimulant rather than holding MAO properties.
Quote:
The Shipibo-Conibo, Kayapó, and Assurini Indian tribes in the Amazon rainforest regard clavo huasca highly as an impotency remedy, for weak erections, and as an effective aphrodisiac for both men and women. It is also used as an adjunctive ingredient in various ayahuasca recipes (or taken shortly after taking the concoction) to settle the stomach. Ayahuasca is a phytochemically-rich combination of plants brewed by Indian shamans to connect to the spirit world. Through a series of reactions among chemicals from several plants working together, a hallucinogenic plant extract is created. While clavo huasca is not itself a hallucinogen, the ayahuasca brew also can be quite purgative-causing vomiting and diarrhea. Clavo huasca is sometimes added to the brew or taken simultaneously to help reduce these effects.

Could someone help clarify what exactly could be in this vine? I'm considering an extraction to test if it truly is the Caapi vine or if its indeed T. panurensis. However, I'm pretty sure its T. panurensis from what I recall. There were two different vines used; one being 'white' & the other 'yellow' (Reminiscent of this vine)

The chemical scientists found was actually "tinantina", I assume would be the aphrodisiac. Sounds like win win to me..
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 1/13/2009 7:11:04 AM

Teotzlcoatl

That is NOT Caapi! It does NOT contain MAOIs! However it IS a traditional Aya' ingredient. If somebody sold you that as Caapi, you got ripped off...

Let us know what your experiments yield!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

coz42
#3 Posted : 1/13/2009 9:12:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"'Coatl" wrote:
If somebody sold you that as Caapi, you got ripped off...

No, no no! Laughing

I've been looking around for high quality red vine, and I stumbled on KTB's products which I decided to order both out of curiosity.
"KTB" wrote:
Our Hawaiian grown yellow Banisteriopsis Caapi Vine is ethically harvested on a private 10 acre reserve in Hawaii. We are the exclusive distributors of these exquisite specimens. Rather than harvesting 2 tons of Caapi vine at a time, our private grower harvests and dries our Caapi vine as needed. Thus, our Hawaiian Caapi Vine is always guaranteed to be fresh- Our product does not sit on the shelf for months or years at a time waiting to be sold. Due to the unique growing environment in Hawaii, these Caapi vines are extremely dense and are of extremely high quality. You simply will not find better fresh mature yellow Caapi Vine specimens that have the identifying characteristics that ours do!

And I was thinking, the only 'huasca' I know of in Hawaii is.. the clavo huasca vine. However, I will proceed with this a/b extraction using phosphoric acid. Pound away to a powder, run warm pH 3~ water through a column, and proceed to basify/precipitation. Sounds right to me

I may have a new arsenal of libido enhancers Razz
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum