We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
smoking moai with dmt Options

Eliyahu
#21 Posted : 5/10/2012 6:17:34 PM
סנדלפון

I only ate the sesame because I read some thread like this where people were saying that
reversible MAOI's and DIET restrictions were over stated..

This is why I feel strongly about this kind of information
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#22 Posted : 5/10/2012 6:34:05 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

universecannon wrote:
...I've had headaches from aya alone...Once it was worse than anything i'd had before.

...countless others have eaten other tyramine heavy foods with no problems before on and after ayahuasca

Gotta agree with both points (substituting myself in for "countless others" in the second one Wink ).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Eliyahu
#23 Posted : 5/10/2012 7:48:37 PM
סנדלפון

It seems like saying you shouldn't eat something like sesame chicken.
And then saying reversible maoi's don't have diet restrictions is a contradiction
And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, "brother let me remove the speck from your eye", when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye?-Yeshua ben Yoseph

SnozzleBerry
#24 Posted : 5/10/2012 8:28:38 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Eliyahu wrote:
It seems like saying you shouldn't eat something like sesame chicken.
And then saying reversible maoi's don't have diet restrictions is a contradiction

Not really...

Quote:
RIMAs are displaced from MAO-A in the presence of tyramine, rather than inhibiting its breakdown in the liver as general MAOIs do. Additionally, MAO-B remains free and continues to metabolize tyramine in the stomach, although this is less significant than the liver action. Thus, RIMAs are unlikely to elicit tyramine-mediated hypertensive crisis, and a special diet does not need to be so strictly adhered to, although eating excessively large amounts of tyramine-containing foods is still not advisable.

More here: Meta-Analysis of the Reversible Inhibitors of Monoamine Oxidase Type A Moclobemide and Brofaromine for the Treatment of Depression
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Eliyahu
#25 Posted : 5/15/2012 4:42:47 AM
סנדלפון

SnozzleBerry

I see what you guys are saying and I will contend that the scientific information you have presented is NOT in my favor of my "Chinese chicken" theory...

I do still believe though, that results may be different for different people depending on different variables.....

also I just wanted to point out that your quote said this at the end.

"although eating excessively large amounts of tyramine-containing foods is still not advisable."

Sesame chicken is about as high in tyramine as you can get i'm fairly certain
because of the sesame sauce, sesame seeds, soy sauce, peanut oil etc plus possibly large amounts MSG and other glutamic acids and other delicious ingredients

.of course I understand that not everyone will agree with me that sesame chicken is delicious
So delicious I was willing to risk
everything.....

nen888
#26 Posted : 5/15/2012 5:07:04 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..just to agree and disagree with everyone:

an individual's level of MAO (A or B) inhibition is not simply a function of the amount of a particular known MAOI ingested, but also related to the total amount of amines in their system (from foods drugs, which are chewing up available MAO) and possible accumulative effects of other MAO substances (e.g. foods/herbs rich in flavonoids)

as quoted in Tyramine interaction poll thread,, from "Therapeutic Applications of Selective and Non-Selective Inhibitors of Monoamine Oxidase A and B that do not Cause Significant Tyramine Potentiation" by Youdim MB, Weinstock M. Neurotoxicology. 2004 Jan;25(1-2):243-250.:
Quote:
..However irreversible MAO-A inhibitors continue to induce a cheese reaction...The cheese reaction is a consequence of inhibition of MAO-A, the enzyme responsible for metabolism of noradrenaline and serotonin...The consequence of these findings were the development of reversible MAO-A inhibitors (RIMA), moclobemide and brofaromin...with limited tyramine potentiation..

..the hypertensive crisis caused by irreversible MAOIs is extreme, but we can't totally discount other kinds of reactions in individuals between (reversible) RIMAs and tyramine..
there are other potentially toxic amines in seasame-soy-chicken which could cause problems, depending on individual meal and person..

..the poll suggests about 15-30% of respondents get some kind of interaction
Tyramine interactions poll/discussion here..
..it's still worth noting, though:
Quote:
RIMAs still have highly dangerous and sometimes fatal interactions with many common drugs; in particular, they can cause serotonin syndrome or hypertensive crisis when combined with almost any antidepressant or stimulant, common migraine medications, certain herbs, or even most cold medicines (including decongestants, antihistamines, and cough syrup).
wikipedia

Eliyahu
#27 Posted : 5/15/2012 6:39:50 AM
סנדלפון

nen888...

that's an excellent summary ..

PREV12