We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Ps. Mexicana - Sacred Flesh of the Aztec Gods Options

Jorkest
#21 Posted : 1/27/2009 1:36:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

from shroomery
Quote:
Also we had been discussing this in another thread, because FF had discovered the bluing disappears when ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is applied to bruised dried pieces of mushroom (oxidized psilocin) and that sort of led to the wondering if the bluing went away did it reconstitute some psilocin (leading to more potency) or did it just break the oxygenated form of psilocin into other non-blue compounds? And if that didn't do it, how could blued psilocin be turned back into psilocin or even better back into psylocybin. Some extractions have covered the conversion of psilocin back to psilocybin, but if the addition of a oxygen scavenger like ascorbic acid protects the psilocin then maybe it would be worth using somehow in an extraction method as a buffer to increase yield/strength.

Quote:
The same reaction should occur most likely with lemon juice also. In cooking they rinse sliced bananas, apples, etc; to keep them from oxidizing and turning brown now in our case it would be blue oxidation but in either case it seems to prevent oxidation on the surface which of course would be the most likely the place for it to occur! Wink I'm sure if theres any info's on this oxidation in cooking it may shed some light on what actually occurs during this reaction. GL FF

Quote:
We had discussed that in the other thread. The thing most interesting is that ascorbic acid gets rid of the blue bruising/staining and so it was wondered if it just further decomposes the oxidized psilocin to get rid of the blue, or if it might somehow actually be restoring the psilocin back from the oxidized form. I think it's probably unlikely, mostly because it seems too simple. But something useful to check out anyway, just in case.

he says because it may be too simple...interesting way to discount something;-)

it's a sound

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#22 Posted : 1/27/2009 1:38:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Quote:
...but on the other hand, look at the structure of the indigo dye, a blue dye. Hmmmmm....

INTERESTING! very very interesting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Indigo.svg
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#23 Posted : 1/27/2009 1:41:14 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Not to say that mushrooms taken as tea with lemon juice is simply amazing.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

bufoman
#24 Posted : 1/27/2009 1:45:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Blueing is claimed to be associated with psilocin content. Stains with low psilocin and high psilocybin have less blueing effect. Some structures for the blue molecule have been proposed but oddly it is not known. But this relationship is not perfect, and enzymes (and thus phenotypes) may be involved but it does seem to be an oxidative process. The proposed structures are some what similar to indigo.
Trouts notes on simple tryptamines looks into this phenomenon.

Jorkest
#25 Posted : 1/27/2009 2:01:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so..it does have a melting temperature of some 200 something degrees C from boiling water..but what does that mean...how would you get the water up to 200C while boiling..that is an insane amount of pressure to get water boiling at those temps..so how does psilocin melt at these temperatures..but heat oxidizes it?
it's a sound

polytrip
#26 Posted : 1/27/2009 6:10:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Psilocin converts to 4-AcO-DMT when mixed with acetic acid. I don't know how stable this compound is, but if you would store shrooms in vinegar or pure acetic acid, would this be A- a good method of storing it and B- mean you have a supply of 4-AcO-DMT that's well conservated?

acolon_5
#27 Posted : 1/27/2009 6:32:10 PM

The Great Namah

Jorkest wrote:
maybe somebody should try it out..do an extraction from some mushrooms...and try to vaporize some..maybe a group of people could try it out...do a little study...

just because we dont know how its happening doesnt mean something isnt happening...it would be worth investigating anyway

Done it, doesn't work. Tried with 5 mgs, 10 mgs, 20mgs, 40mgs, 60mgs and nothing at all.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#28 Posted : 1/28/2009 1:13:30 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Thats not the point... some people seem to forget that plants contain tons of compounds! Not just a few main ones... my guess is Psilocybe mexicana is smokable and that some kind of strange trace chemical makes it active when smoked and not psilocybin or the other standard mushroom chemicals.

Imagine if we thought of Caapi as just Harmaline! We all know Caapi is more special than Syrian Rue because of the trace compounds (like THH) it contains.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

polytrip
#29 Posted : 1/28/2009 5:51:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I once had mushrooms that felt almost like LSD. It wasn't as speedy, there where more aural hallucinations and the visuals where more colourfull, but besides this it was the closest thing to LSD i ever experienced. I got these mushrooms from some irish dudes and they had picked them over there, in ireland. But they had also powdered them. Till this day i still don't know what type of mushrooms they where. I found that P.azurescens is very DMT-like just as P.cyanescens is in high doses,P. cubensis is the least spectacular type i know and i had mushrooms that gave me almost no visuals at all, but that made me feel extremely stoned.
But if i say that there is a type of shroom that's almost exactly like LSD, is there anybody who would have an idea wich type of shroom this could be?

DarkShaman
#30 Posted : 1/28/2009 7:51:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
Thats not the point... some people seem to forget that plants contain tons of compounds! Not just a few main ones... my guess is Psilocybe mexicana is smokable and that some kind of strange trace chemical makes it active when smoked and not psilocybin or the other standard mushroom chemicals.

Imagine if we thought of Caapi as just Harmaline! We all know Caapi is more special than Syrian Rue because of the trace compounds (like THH) it contains.

No question other alkaloids and compounds exist in the chemical structure of Ps. Mexicana, as they do in all mushrooms (which, by the way, are not even members of the plant world) and plants alike. SWIM supposes that his main point is that Ps. Mexicana mushrooms take the "shroom" (weird shudder; oogity-boogity-boo associations) out of "shrooming", placing the partaker on something SWIM refers to as a PsiloTrip (which takes place in a dimension where galaxies don't even exist; forget about Pluto). SWIM feels that even the most potent Cubensis generally have more side-effects than benefits when one desires to experience psilocybin/psilocin/etc/etc.

On a scientific note, if indeed other psychoactive compounds of any significance existed in Psilocybe genre mushrooms it would be safe to assume that these compounds would have already been identified, or at the very least recognized.

DarkShaman
#31 Posted : 1/28/2009 8:14:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
I once had mushrooms that felt almost like LSD. It wasn't as speedy, there where more aural hallucinations and the visuals where more colourfull, but besides this it was the closest thing to LSD i ever experienced. I got these mushrooms from some irish dudes and they had picked them over there, in ireland. But they had also powdered them. Till this day i still don't know what type of mushrooms they where. I found that P.azurescens is very DMT-like just as P.cyanescens is in high doses,P. cubensis is the least spectacular type i know and i had mushrooms that gave me almost no visuals at all, but that made me feel extremely stoned.
But if i say that there is a type of shroom that's almost exactly like LSD, is there anybody who would have an idea wich type of shroom this could be?

Allow SWIM to state this:

1)SWIM has experienced true lsd-25, which is absolutely mind-blowing in every way possible

and that

2)SWIM can only compare his visions from Ps. Mexicana to those he experienced from lsd-25; in essence, Cubensis-heads (or those unfortunate enough to never have the opportunity to venture outside of the Cubensis genre of mushrooms) have absolutely no clue as to the true meaning of visions.

One

Jorkest
#32 Posted : 1/29/2009 3:22:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha except those who have smoked some dmt
it's a sound

VisualDistortion
#33 Posted : 1/29/2009 6:15:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DarkShaman wrote:
polytrip wrote:

1)SWIM has experienced true lsd-25, which is absolutely mind-blowing in every way possible

and that

2)SWIM can only compare his visions from Ps. Mexicana to those he experienced from lsd-25; in essence, Cubensis-heads (or those unfortunate enough to never have the opportunity to venture outside of the Cubensis genre of mushrooms) have absolutely no clue as to the true meaning of visions.

One

I've had some absolutely ludicrous and mind blowing experiences from gigantic amounts of psylocibin, induce from cubensis. Now i'm edgy. I gotta find some Ps. Mexicana and see what y'all is talking about.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Jorkest
#34 Posted : 1/29/2009 6:44:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

INDEEED
it's a sound

polytrip
#35 Posted : 1/29/2009 12:22:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Azurescens and cyanescens are also very spectacular. In the right amounts they are equal to DMT. But every type of shroom is different somehow. I believe that even within the same type there can be variations depending on where they grow.

DarkShaman
#36 Posted : 1/29/2009 7:36:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
haha except those who have smoked some dmt

Laughing Ha! No doubt, no doubt! Laughing

DarkShaman
#37 Posted : 1/29/2009 7:39:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
DarkShaman wrote:
polytrip wrote:

and that

One

I've had some absolutely ludicrous and mind blowing experiences from gigantic amounts of psylocibin, induce from cubensis. Now i'm edgy. I gotta find some Ps. Mexicana and see what y'all is talking about.

Word is bon', cuzzin, you won't regret it!

PitfromGreece
#38 Posted : 5/29/2009 3:41:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am sure SWIY are aware that is very easy to obtain fresh Ps. Mexicana truffles for a number of online stores in Europe. SWIM had them and they are GREAT!

I see here though that a fellow SWIMer saying that the fruiting bodies are much better. Has he tried both Mexicana truffles and Mexicana mushrooms more than a few times? How exactly are they different?

PREV12