We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Are you a Vegetarian? or do you eat meat? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
I am a Vegetarian and have been all of my life 0 0 %
I am meat eater and always will be 8 33 %
I would like to become a Vegetarian some day 5 20 %
I was a vegetarian but now eat meat now 4 16 %
I am a Vegan (no animal products) 3 12 %
I am a Pescatarian (eat seafood but no meat) 2 8 %
I believe all humans should be Vegetarians and never eat meat 1 4 %
I believe all humans need to eat meat to be heathy 0 0 %
I am a savage meat eater!! give me the meat now! GRRR!!! 1 4 %

«PREV1617181920NEXT»
Vegetarian diet or meat diet Options

Electric Kool-Aid
#341 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:14:31 AM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

You guys are awesome!! Good wholesome conversations here! And no arguing! Smile

Someone mentioned killing veggies vs meat vs humans!. There is something about the veggies want you to consume them, carry the seeds in you bowels and poop them out (plant them). Animals I don't think know they are supposed to be consumed. As for humans eating humans? Impossible! We would get Mad Human desease! (just like mad cow).

Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Parshvik Chintan
#342 Posted : 6/2/2012 10:44:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i fit in neither category in the sense that i am a meat-eater but will not necessarily always will be (but at this moment in my life i cannot comprehend turning down some bacon Drool, and when you kill the animal yourself and get it fresh, it is always that much better)

also "this is necessary: life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on..."
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

evil804
#343 Posted : 6/2/2012 12:37:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my opinion on the subject

- many consider a vegan/vegetarian diet to be more ethical. i think this is flawed logic, plants are alive juts like animals. we just dont relate to them because they don't have eyes, bleed, or vocalize.

- many would argue that you can eat parts of a plant without killing it... so by that logic i could eat starfish arms and salamander legs since they can be severed without killing the animal and will grow back, much like taking the leaves of a plant. The fruit would be equivalent to an egg, had i not eaten it than it would have gone on to produce life.

- many will quote pseudoscience that suggests a animal free diet is better for health, yet there has never been a single centenarian (person living to 100 or more) that did not eat meat.

- bacon

Sky Motion
#344 Posted : 6/2/2012 1:14:42 PM

<3

Quote:
many consider a vegan/vegetarian diet to be more ethical. i think this is flawed logic, plants are alive juts like animals. we just dont relate to them because they don't have eyes, bleed, or vocalize.

I find this to be flawed logic, the difference lies in the animals have a consciousness, ability to suffer..

jdubs
#345 Posted : 6/2/2012 1:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evil804 Wrote:
Quote:
many will quote pseudoscience that suggests a animal free diet is better for health, yet there has never been a single centenarian (person living to 100 or more) that did not eat meat.

Do you have a source for this? Also, I am not sure if it is possible to verify. Has no one ever lived 'til 100 in the parts of India that are vegetarian? Or no vegetarian Buddhists in a small Japanese village?

Are you sure about that?
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

GobblinTorch
#346 Posted : 6/2/2012 4:20:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jdubs wrote:
Evil804 Wrote:
Quote:
many will quote pseudoscience that suggests a animal free diet is better for health, yet there has never been a single centenarian (person living to 100 or more) that did not eat meat.

Do you have a source for this? Also, I am not sure if it is possible to verify. Has no one ever lived 'til 100 in the parts of India that are vegetarian? Or no vegetarian Buddhists in a small Japanese village?

Are you sure about that?

I'm not a vegan fan-boy I typically would agree that meat eaters can live long, ethical lives. But what jdubs said?

To me the ethical advantage of vegetarian/vegan is when compared to *industrial* meat consumption. It's just as much about environmental catastrophe as it is about suffering.

Just for the record.

jdubs
#347 Posted : 6/2/2012 4:24:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's true. It takes, like, millions of tons of soya to feed cattle. If the same soya was just eaten, there would be a lot more rainforest left.

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

modsquad09
#348 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:23:18 PM

mods

Sky Motion wrote:
Quote:
many consider a vegan/vegetarian diet to be more ethical. i think this is flawed logic, plants are alive juts like animals. we just dont relate to them because they don't have eyes, bleed, or vocalize.

I find this to be flawed logic, the difference lies in the animals have a consciousness, ability to suffer..

This^ and i think it's a matter of gluttony. Consuming only what you need to survive. Instead of killing animals as well as plants. You can get by with only plants.

Everything is alive, its just how much you consume and how you feel. I tend to overeat with meat, its like an addiction, the result feeling heavy and lazy the next couple of days.

I think plants can suffer and have a consciousness too though, everything does imo.

Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

polytrip
#349 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:28:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
jdubs wrote:
Evil804 Wrote:
Quote:

Are you sure about that?

I don´t know where you got this from....And i´m not sure if i want to know either.

endlessness
#350 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:34:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think if people would take a time to look at the 18 pages and the endlessly repeating arguments pro and against and all the shades in between, they would probably not really post here anymore .... No offense Very happy

GobblinTorch
#351 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:47:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With a title like "Vegetarian diet or meat diet" I'd expect nothing less than endlessness Wink

jamie
#352 Posted : 6/2/2012 6:58:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"The fruit would be equivalent to an egg, had i not eaten it than it would have gone on to produce life."

Not really. You cant eat an egg and crap out a bird fetus later that will start to grow and fly away. Fruits seem to have evolved to be eaten so that the seeds can be crapped out later in another area where they will grow. This is an evolutionary mechanism. Weather or not that goes on when humans eat fruit right now is irrelevant..in nature this is a mechanism for the plants to spread out and cover more ground/migrate etc..eating an egg is nothing at all like that.

I would argue though that plants can indeed feel things..they show stress when cut back, not watered or fed etc..they just obviously become stressed. I think it is just super animalcentric that we assume that animals can feel "pain" etc but that plants just can not experience something analagous to that on their own level. Grow some plants and you can see when they are happy they grow like crazy..dont water them or start chopping parts off and they stress, growth slows and often they produce alkaloids that repell insects etc.
Long live the unwoke.

modsquad09
#353 Posted : 6/2/2012 7:43:30 PM

mods

jamie wrote:
"The fruit would be equivalent to an egg, had i not eaten it than it would have gone on to produce life."

Not really. You cant eat an egg and crap out a bird fetus later that will start to grow and fly away. Fruits seem to have evolved to be eaten so that the seeds can be crapped out later in another area where they will grow. This is an evolutionary mechanism. Weather or not that goes on when humans eat fruit right now is irrelevant..in nature this is a mechanism for the plants to spread out and cover more ground/migrate etc..eating an egg is nothing at all like that.

I would argue though that plants can indeed feel things..they show stress when cut back, not watered or fed etc..they just obviously become stressed. I think it is just super animalcentric that we assume that animals can feel "pain" etc but that plants just can not experience something analagous to that on their own level. Grow some plants and you can see when they are happy they grow like crazy..dont water them or start chopping parts off and they stress, growth slows and often they produce alkaloids that repell insects etc.

I never knew that about the crapping seeds thing.
My grandpa told me the Koreans used to save their shitt and use it as fertilizer. lol

Yeah and plants love certain music. I heard about a study from someone that they responded best to classical music.

endlessness
#354 Posted : 6/2/2012 9:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

an unfertilized egg will be discarded by the chicken whether you eat it or not, for those that dont know Smile

modsquad09
#355 Posted : 6/2/2012 10:21:38 PM

mods

Damn finally got finished reading all 18 pages lol

I've learned it's best not to argue and just see what works yourself.

Eat local, Organic, Cruelty free when possible.

So i will give it a shot. When i crave meat i will, eat hemp seeds/quinoa like stuff, beans rice, ect.

Gonna try out that Raw Protein by Garden of Life, if i like it i will then buy/ sprout my own grains.

Also wanna tap into that Kimchi/sauerkraut fermentation for probiotics, may even get them Kefir seeds so i have unlimited amounts.

Now that the reading is over gonna watch that Earthlings documentary. And last of the Mochicans. ;P Peace peoples

jamie
#356 Posted : 6/2/2012 11:14:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^you dont use kefir to ferment kimchi or sourkraut..any time you ferment cabbage you dont need to add any extra culture because the cabbage itself already has the organisms on it that culture it. You dont need to add anything you just soak it in water and salt(brine) and then pack it into sterlized jars. You add spices and stuff for flavor etc like with kimchi you make a paste you add to flavor..
Long live the unwoke.

modsquad09
#357 Posted : 6/2/2012 11:48:57 PM

mods

jamie wrote:
^you dont use kefir to ferment kimchi or sourkraut..any time you ferment cabbage you dont need to add any extra culture because the cabbage itself already has the organisms on it that culture it. You dont need to add anything you just soak it in water and salt(brine) and then pack it into sterlized jars. You add spices and stuff for flavor etc like with kimchi you make a paste you add to flavor..

nah i meant and/or kefir and kimchi. Kefir just because it keeps growing more seds so you have unlimited free probiotic(besides food for the kefir costs)

and i still have never tasted kimchi and sauerkraut & wanna try the homemade process. Heard kimchi is tastier though. I prefer spicy/cajun foods more anyway. About to eat my first Organic Habanero pepper right now lol

jdubs
#358 Posted : 6/3/2012 1:04:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Now that the reading is over gonna watch that Earthlings documentary.

I'm glad I'm not watching that lol. Not something that really demands a second viewing Sick .

modsquad09
#359 Posted : 6/3/2012 4:11:52 AM

mods

jdubs wrote:
Quote:
Now that the reading is over gonna watch that Earthlings documentary.

I'm glad I'm not watching that lol. Not something that really demands a second viewing Sick .

wow. that was some disturbing stuff, makes me really see human kind in a negative way now.

what else can we do? why is the world so fucked up, how did we let it get like this? seems like if there were a higher power they would stop all this, wheres the justice.

jdubs
#360 Posted : 6/3/2012 4:23:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
wow. that was some disturbing stuff, makes me really see human kind in a negative way now

It is not all humankind that is bad, of course. Yea there are some very dark people out there, but they are surely in a minority.

Quote:
what else can we do? why is the world so fucked up, how did we let it get like this? seems like if there were a higher power they would stop all this, wheres the justice.

All valid questions. Reminiscent of Bill Hicks ponderings on humankind:

Quote:
The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round; it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun... for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question:

"Is this real, or is this just a ride?"

And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, and they say,

"Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid -EVER- because, this is just a ride."

And we... KILL those people HAHAHA! "Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride - SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry! Look at my big bank account, and my family! This just HAS to be real!"

... But it's just a ride. And we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? Jesus - murdered; Martin Luther King - murdered; Malcolm X - murdered; Gandhi - murdered; John Lennon - murdered; Reagan... wounded HAHA! But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride.

And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride: Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, NOT ONE HUMAN BEING EXCLUDED, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

Ah bit idealistic, perhaps. But it's a nice dream Smile

Also a good reflection of the right side of human kind.

«PREV1617181920NEXT»