We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dietary effects on dmt? Anyone know of any? Options

Volvox
#1 Posted : 4/30/2012 4:19:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My apologies if this is the wrong area to post this.

Main gist of my question; (and perhaps this is already answered in another post.)

Is there any known substances that many of us take daily (like coffee for example) that adversely effect the dmt experience?

Ones I know of are:

1) Alcohol can really belittle a journey, and personally causes a 'bad reaction' with too much "feedback". (Swim only tried that twice. Smile One time too many.)

2) SSRI's and anti-depressant medications can have very bad reactions to a MAO inhibitor.

I ask because my friend Swim, in general, though using correct techniques and dosages, has a hard time getting a full experience since he started down this road a few years ago. He has the right equipment, uses a large amount and has his technique down. But results are always spotty.

Then last month, swim created an excellent batch, (slightly touched by the jungle seems to do him the best.) It sent him to the moon on Sunday and Tuesday.

But- that same batch and same method and same amount (actually much more on the 2nd, 3rd attempt.) had NO effect what so ever on Thursday and Friday. And Swim means nothing, (other than a slight 'afterglow' feeling.) But no visuals or traveling what so ever.

Swim has ruled out stress and technique, and it was the same batch well cared for, So that leads to something in Swim's daily routine, most likely intake or diet?

And I know I know; Sometimes your just not supposed to go... yada yada. I want to keep this as scientific as possible though.

My friend swim can't stand not knowing if his measured dose is going to wrap his brain around a tree or do nothing when he is taking the same dosage of the same material.

Swim takes no medications other than Ginseng and Ginkgo Biloba on some days. Vitamin C and sometimes B and E.

So far, I'm guessing my leading suspects are in the stimulant group -caffeine (as Swim is a coffee hound on week-days and not week-ends. (He can have up to 7 or 8 cups during a weekday.)

Or it could be the Red Bull he had on a whim on Thursday. Its not usual for him to have a sugary drink but he did that time. Lord knows whats in that stuff.

But it could have been french fries at lunch for all Swim knows at this point!
Could fatty foods block receptors? (I need a salad now.)

Anyone else find something in their daily routine that might inhibit hyperspace?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DeMaTron
#2 Posted : 4/30/2012 9:21:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experience diuretics almost always have negative effects, whether using dmt, other chemicals, and just in general.

In particular the first time I tried dmt, unfortunately I was completely unprepared, had many coffees probably a few beers, smoked cigarettes and weed. It didnt stop the experience so much as give me a headache and continued to give me exertion headaches for 2-3 days. also was not from someone i knew well, now swim ensures the product is safe himself and prepares his body with water/nutrients days before.

So always be hydrated, perhaps he needs tryptophan? Worth a shot.

http://herbs.maxforum.or...yptamine-to-dmt-in-vivo/

found a post think its by 69ron talking about tryptophan

evil804
#3 Posted : 4/30/2012 9:31:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salty foods make oral DMT a dud for me. one morning i had a kings feast of sodium heavy bacon and sausage. That night i drank a known potent brew and had nothing but nausea. I usually avoid anything salty for 3 days leading up to a journey. Coffee never had an effect IME. i drink coffe daily, and even drink decaf in the later parts of the day and never gave up the habit to prepare for a journey.

I would suspect the french fries, typically they are heavily salted.

Volvox
#4 Posted : 5/1/2012 3:04:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting... Thanks for the insight!
I had not thought of salts but that could be a possibility. Swim will have to test that.
This week Swim is going to do a test - Tuesday- no caffeine. Then see what happens that evening.

Thursday - load up on plenty of coffee (should be easy! Smile Then see what happens that evening.

Next week, Swim will try to monitor salts and fatty food intake. Suspicious about the fatty foods also, as that is what blocks insulin from fitting into their receptors with people who have type 2 diabetes so its always possible, though not likely.

Salt intake I had not thought of... Swim will try next week!

evil804
#5 Posted : 5/1/2012 3:56:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Volvox wrote:
Interesting... Thanks for the insight!
I had not thought of salts but that could be a possibility. Swim will have to test that.
This week Swim is going to do a test - Tuesday- no caffeine. Then see what happens that evening.

Thursday - load up on plenty of coffee (should be easy! Smile Then see what happens that evening.

Next week, Swim will try to monitor salts and fatty food intake. Suspicious about the fatty foods also, as that is what blocks insulin from fitting into their receptors with people who have type 2 diabetes so its always possible, though not likely.

Salt intake I had not thought of... Swim will try next week!

fat should not be a factor, i typically take a large quantity of fish oil (neuroprotective) with any psychoactive substance, and never had any issues with potency. Many times i have also eaten 20+G worth of fat in the form of dark chocolate with aya/pharma and had increased potency. considering that was 30+ grams of fat at the time of ingestion plus whatever fat remained in my stomach from previous meals, i dont think its a factor... at least not for me.

The things i watch that are known factors are salty foods, and MSG containing foods. I just avoid processed meats, chinese food, soy sauce, and anything with a high sodium content for a few days before a planned journey. my best trips have been achieved with fasting the day of consumption, and its also easier to purge with only liquids in the stomach. just remember to drink plenty of water, its easy to get dehydrated when fasting.

Volvox
#6 Posted : 6/5/2012 4:51:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After a month of watching what I am eating/drinking during the day I have found a few sources of intake that definitely inhibit going into hyperspace... For me at least:

Red Bull- Kills any visuals. I can have a single 8oz can during the day and it will stop a visual tip from coming on. I still go out into space a bit, but the visuals don't happen.

Ginkgo Biloba and Ginseng - Blocks a trip completely.(for me) Sometimes causing feedback. (noise, rapid pulses of sound, etc.) I'm not sure yet if its just the Ginko Biloba or the combo as I usually ingest them together.

Caffeine (via coffee) - Thank the lord is relativity ok. Excessive amounts (6 to 10 cups, yes I do that... ) seems to lessen the experience but nothing definitive.

Alcohol - Destroys the experience into more of a third person, "I'm watching a film" frame of mind. At higher inebriation, (when you would normally call yourself 'drunk'Pleased massive amounts of feedback, audio and visual noise destroy any experience, as if receptors are blocked and everything bouces back which is quite unpleasant.

Salt - had possible detrimental effects but nothing conclusive. Consumed a salt beagle in the morning, a large salty b.l.t. in the afternoon.

Fats - Make me feel bloated. Other than that, no real side effects.

So seems like a lot of stimulents effect my ability to enter hyperspace. Thats just me. Anyone else noticed suppressive responses from stimulants?

Or even better, does anyone here take Ginkgo Biloba or Red Bull and not have a problem when vaporizing spice?

Felnik
#7 Posted : 6/5/2012 2:01:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always stay away from coffee on a day I,m gonna travel . Also red bull is definitley a no go for sure. It will render spice useless in your body. I learned this first hand .

I try to keep processed food to a minimum in general but especially on a spice day.

There are some mysterious moments where it has no effect even with everything seemingly right . I still don't fully understand this phenomena. best to quit and give it a break for a few days or a week .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

Volvox
#8 Posted : 6/10/2012 8:33:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Someone asked how much Ginseng / Ginkgo I was taking that inhibited my ability to trip which is quite relevant to this thread;

The amount I was taking daily was 100 mg. Korean Ginseng and 60mg Ginkgo Biloba in the morning. And that was enough to inhibit any hyperspace in the evening.

Since then I just don't take it if I feel I might be wanting a journey in the evening and haven't had any issues since. (and no more Red Bull for me!)

purple_dye
#9 Posted : 6/11/2012 2:06:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When eatting a full out raw vegan diet, even for a short period of time (few days) prior to a dose, a much smaller amount of caapi is needed for full maoi.

Nothing is in stone doing this would seem to drop the required amount from about 100g to 65g or so
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing