We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
harvesting issues Options

ckld
#1 Posted : 4/26/2012 2:30:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there...
Two weeks have past and I thought that one more week was needed till harvesting. But this noon saw my mushies going darker. I have seen pictures of mature mushrooms with seeds on them and that made me harvest my ones. The caps of most of them where wide open and I harvested many mushrooms out of the grow box (about 72 big and small ones). But the average height was about 2 inches. Forgot to mention about the strain I've growed and that is the B+. That was my first flush. I cleaned them with running water to take of the vermicuite flakes which I could not get rid of in any other way, cut of the soft part on the stem's end and placed them on paper to dry up. Tonight I'm planning on drying them in the oven but I'd like some assistance for the best way to do that since I wasn’t prepared for an early harvest. By the time I harvested them they become all so greeny. Is the green stuff psilocybin? Hope they got no contamination although I was very careful with the procedure.
Could somebody tell me if I done anything wrong or right cause I'm a bit worried especially when all this was done in a rush about half an hour before I go to my job. I now must go to work. Tonight I'll trip. Thanks for any reply.
It's amazing just to find out, so true and so clear that there is no good or bad, only love and fear and that is all we are messing with during our whole human history and WOW that was my first hit. A moment of freedom out of the ape's sealed skin.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/26/2012 2:34:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can you take some pictures?

I wouldnt dry them in the oven, I would pre-dry them with a fan, and then put in an airtight a box , on top of paper towel, with some dissecant below like calcium chloride, and into the freezer for long term storage.

Green doesnt sound good. Psilocybe mushrooms when bruised, turn blueish, maybe for some reason you are interpreting it as green, im not sure?

But yeah, pictures can help

Perceptual Reality
#3 Posted : 4/26/2012 3:49:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Can you take some pictures?

^^^

I just harvested for my first time about a week ago. The mushies turned a bit black after 3 hours because I didn't place a fan by them and they began to rot. This does not seem to be your case. I wouldn't oven dry them EVER, because psilocybin is sensitive to heat. A 2-day fanning then a switch to a desiccant chamber would probably be your best bet.

As for the "green" you're seeing, I'm hoping that it is bruising. But it may be contamination....I wouldn't recommend eating them until you are certain that they're okay to eat.
We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Unconditional love to the great beyond!

ckld
#4 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:36:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll better wait for your replies till tripping. This is what I got ...
ckld attached the following image(s):
DSCF1045.JPG (2,271kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
DSCF1044.JPG (2,269kb) downloaded 116 time(s).
It's amazing just to find out, so true and so clear that there is no good or bad, only love and fear and that is all we are messing with during our whole human history and WOW that was my first hit. A moment of freedom out of the ape's sealed skin.

Perceptual Reality
#5 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:44:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very happy

Those aren't green. They're bruised. (at least thats what I can see in that picture)

Have you run them under a fan, yet?

How long ago were they harvested?

If you don't fan dry them right away they will begin to rot immediately. This blackening of the stem and cap is a sign of rotting. A little blackness is alright as long as you begin to properly dry them right away. If they get TOO black, however, throw them away.

Looks good though, just dry them until they are brittle and store them in a container in your freezer!

We are perceptions, we can all change. Everything Perceptual Reality posts is hypothetical or fictional.

Perceptual Reality is an outer-space inhabitant with the capability to send messages through channeled thoughts and consciousness, therefore, earthly laws and regulations do not apply. "It" Is a student studying, learning, and passing these teaching onto other students.

Perceptual Reality
#6 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:46:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually one of those mushrooms in the top right looks somewhat green compared to the others...

Can anyone comment on this?

endlessness
#7 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:50:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks fine to me, seems like normal bruising. Which one you mean, perceptual?

Do put a fan to it to start drying. If I were you I would probably nom at least one of them right now Very happy

ckld
#8 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:52:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No fan yet. Not ready. Cut 6.5 hours earlier. I've just put them in the oven with fan mode and 130 f temp. Feel that mest up everything Sad

Perceptual Reality
#9 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:55:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ckld wrote:
No fan yet. Not ready.

What's not ready? o.O

endlessness wrote:
Which one you mean, perceptual?

Start from the top right corner of the pic...there are 2 stems, then 2 caps, then the one mushy that has some weird green discoloration on the stem.

Do you see it?

Perceptual Reality
#10 Posted : 4/26/2012 7:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ckld wrote:
I've just put them in the oven with fan mode and 130 f temp. Feel that mest up everything Sad

Was this picture taken before or after oven drying?

ckld
#11 Posted : 4/26/2012 8:01:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have eaten 3 mushies = 3g already. See you soon ... I hope

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 4/26/2012 8:19:07 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

ckld wrote:
Have eaten 3 mushies = 3g already. See you soon ... I hope

If they're wet, 3g is only the equivalent of ~.3g dry...
Wiki • Attitude • FAQ
The Nexian • Nexus Research • The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ckld
#13 Posted : 4/26/2012 8:33:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took 3g only for the risk of contamination and because it's my first trip on mushrooms. No 3 is also my lucky number.
It feels nice and a little tripy. Also I feel a bit sleepy. Every thing seems ok

ckld
#14 Posted : 4/26/2012 8:37:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perceptual Reality wrote:
ckld wrote:
I've just put them in the oven with fan mode and 130 f temp. Feel that mest up everything Sad

Was this picture taken before or after oven drying?

The picture was taken before drying

To answer to your earlier post. I ment I'm not ready cause I haven't got a fan. Sorry

obliguhl
#15 Posted : 4/26/2012 8:38:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
By the time I harvested them they become all so greeny.

This color is called "blue", not green.

You're fine Pleased

ckld
#16 Posted : 4/26/2012 10:11:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well they seemed greener when I harvested them.
Anyway is there any practical way to estimate the dryness. I mean do they have to be bone dry and when chopped snap like a match?

endlessness
#17 Posted : 4/26/2012 10:17:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah cracker dry, they dont bend but rather snap/break. Youll need a fan, I think you could maybe adapt a computer fan or something similar. Maybe you could buy a small cheap fan . Better than wasting some good shrooms, and you can use it when you have more of them too.. I also do recommend getting a dissecant.

stolenface
#18 Posted : 4/27/2012 5:37:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM and difinatley not ME grew mushrooms for around three years. Not huge grow ops as ( but good ones 1/4 pounds 3 times a year) SWIM and definatley not my friendsSmile ate all of them. Dessicant is a good way to go but I always preferred this method for drying: Place all of your mushrooms in front a a fan for 6 hours or so, next place them on a paper towel or two and cover with a black T shirt, and place a 60 watt light at least 12 inches away, .They should be very dry , cracker dry within 10 hours and I never lost potency this way. If you have a little money to spend though and would like to pursue this hobby, go out and by a low heat dehydrator, the best way IMO. Please dont cook your babies in the oven, and if your comfortable ditch the grow kits! Do a little research and learn how to grow from scratch.

EDIT: you can also do this light bulb tek without a fan , it will just take longer and you wil have to rotate the mushrooms every 10 hours or so.
is it - 7 hits or dosing 7 times ..... Either way I lost count along time ago, and Just type/Speak without a filter.... All of this is just one big tasty 'word salad'......