We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
xx Options

*Skittlesee*
#1 Posted : 1/11/2009 10:47:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim ponders on this one..
Swim agrees its reasonable... but wonders about the reaction of plastics and solvent..
then swim has a good idea... 5gallon carboy.. Smile this is a large glass version of that same water cooler water..
can be found at any and all beer brewing stores..
swim nods... now that would be a perfect container for dreaming up large batches..
swim also looks around at friendly beer making store.. wonderful tools of the trade all around.. rubber stoppers with holes already bored thru them.. swim can make his OWN 5gal Sep-funnel!
ok.. maybe only one good idea a day..

swim is gonna go make a mess...

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 1/12/2009 3:27:03 PM

The Great Namah

Unless the carboy is pyrex or some other resistant glass I would highly suggest not using it for STB extractions. That amount of lye will etch your glass and after a while it will shatter (hopefully not with 15L of highly basified solution in it).

As long as the plastic is HDPE, or even pollyurethane and you are using Naphtha, bestine and not Xylene, toluene, or DCM you should be fine.

Naphtha does not eat PE, or HDPE plastics.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

69ron
#3 Posted : 1/16/2009 1:31:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HDPE and PP are the best plastics to use. When doing large scale work, glass is not a good idea. Glass is heavy and easily cracked. HDPE or PP are very forgiving materials and many times lighter than glass.

Something like this 5 gallon HDPE carboy would be good and can be used as a separatory funnel because of the spigot (this carboy costs only $11.57):
69ron attached the following image(s):
97025p[1].jpg (9kb) downloaded 384 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lorax
#4 Posted : 1/16/2009 12:36:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now I wonder why would somebody do such a big extraction? This can only be greed driven. We shouldn't answer such questions here. Its like asking: "how can i make a lot of drugs in little time?" this dude wants to sell it!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

lorax
#5 Posted : 1/16/2009 12:37:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just look at him.. he only has 3 posts.. he only came here to ask this question. WE DO NOT WANT PEOPLE LIKE THIS HERE!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

burnt
#6 Posted : 1/16/2009 1:06:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Working with large volumes is a practical issue. Even if someone does 100g extraction some kind of big vessel is handy.

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 1/16/2009 1:14:27 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

lorax wrote:
just look at him.. he only has 3 posts.. he only came here to ask this question. WE DO NOT WANT PEOPLE LIKE THIS HERE!

Hey, let us not jump into conclusions here! Every question deserves an answer, if an answer can be given. Whatever the intentions, one cannot restrict answer to people. Just for safety's sake if not anything else.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

69ron
#8 Posted : 1/16/2009 1:44:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM does kilo extractions whenever possible and never sells any at all. If someone wants to sell it, they will get caught and end up in prison. It’s a stupid thing to do.

I’ve heard of people doing small extractions (less than 100 grams) and selling it and getting caught. The authorities don’t care how much you are selling, any amount is highly illegal to sell. I think the idea of spending several years in prison is a big enough deterrent for most people. Only a few idiots here and there are willing to take such a risk.

If someone posts on this forum with intensions to sell DMT, we should do our best to talk them out of it, but chances are they are too stupid to listen to us anyway. I can’t imagine someone who’s intelligent pondering the idea of selling DMT which will land them serious jail time. Once you get arrested, it’s on your record permanently. When you get out of jail after many years, you’ll have a hard time getting all sorts of jobs out there as an ex-convict.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

lorax
#9 Posted : 1/16/2009 2:07:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah you're right.. i was still mad about that whole bust thing. i just can't cope with people selling this stuff. its sacred!

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 1/16/2009 9:02:20 PM

The Great Namah

lorax wrote:
yeah you're right.. i was still mad about that whole bust thing. i just can't cope with people selling this stuff. its sacred!

I couldn't agree with you more lorax. We do not tolerate discussions of selling spice on this forum. Never have, never will. It's a stupid thing to talk about and an even stupider thing to do.

However, no one has talked about large scale extractions for sale. If anyone does and a mod doesn't catch it, please report it to one of us and we will lock the tread with a warning.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

magic clown
#11 Posted : 1/16/2009 9:27:58 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

My friends wouldn't bother getting out of bed for less than a killo. Its pure practability. One extraction equalls one time getting caught extracting versus how many extractions do you do? other benefits include, extracting Killos at a time tends to negate all that anxious nerd world gramm counting shit. It takes exactly the same time and effort. Why pull one g when you can do 10. I dont know or care whether yield is affected, I suspect not. You end up with a pile you can comfortably play with. Go for it spiral347 only down sides I can see, are people might get scared of you.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 2/21/2009 2:12:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
HDPE and PP are the best plastics to use. When doing large scale work, glass is not a good idea. Glass is heavy and easily cracked. HDPE or PP are very forgiving materials and many times lighter than glass.

Something like this 5 gallon HDPE carboy would be good and can be used as a separatory funnel because of the spigot (this carboy costs only $11.57):

You'd need to of them because the MHRB layer would be pulled out upon opening the spigot ?

DarkShaman
#13 Posted : 2/23/2009 8:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
lorax wrote:

Hey, let us not jump into conclusions here! Every question deserves an answer, if an answer can be given. Whatever the intentions, one cannot restrict answer to people. Just for safety's sake if not anything else.

Indeed. Conclusions are generally unsafe to jump to. For instance, I have conducted numerous experiments involving amounts of mhrb in excess of 1kg per batch. I don't sell magic, and don't feel that I would be capable of doing so even if I knew of anyone (aside from my cyber-friends here @ tha nexus) that had ever even heard of dmt. I simply 1)find it a fascinating hobby (among many others), 2)can spare the amounts of $$ req'd for such, and 3)love morphing into inanimate objects that allow me the opportunity to visit other dimensions.

ZaZen
#14 Posted : 3/2/2009 9:28:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It´s almost transparent, when you have your basified solution inside the jug you will be able to determine the dark layer and your transparent solvent layer on top. Its not transparent like glass but suficient in order to distinguish the two layers....

So yes, it can be used for seperation very well.....

Fatcat
#15 Posted : 3/10/2009 1:54:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just tried it with a 5 gallon glass cookie jar and it was a very bad idea. The surface area on top of the water makes it horrible to siphon with.

I was wondering if I could boil the lye bath down and dry it out again, and run warm naptha through that? Would that take too much lye with it? or maybe I'll dry it out with some epsom salt, pull with water till clean (lye is obviously water soluble, but is dmt?) and then fill a large bowl with naptha and put the rest of my MHRB in a coffee filter. Then hold it in the Naptha to make a sort of tea.

So is DMT freebase soluble in water?
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

endlessness
#16 Posted : 3/10/2009 2:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no dmt freebase is not soluble in water, thats why it goes to the non-polar solvent.

boiling down the mimosa water sounds like a bad idea.. remember freebase mimosa vaporizes at only 60 degrees celcius

what is the problem about just following normally as you are? just pippette/siphon the solvent layer crudely to a thin tall glass. Even if some of the basic liquid comes together no problem. Then once it is in a thin tall glass, the layers will be quite thick. From then its much easier to siphon/pippette it out cleanly to the evaporating container. The last bit that you cannot accurately pull, no problem just throw it all back in the mimosa mix, for the next pull

Fatcat
#17 Posted : 3/10/2009 2:25:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But the Epsom salt would absorb all the water instead of boiling it off. And I only have about 3 or 4 millimeters to work with and a rather large turkey baster.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

endlessness
#18 Posted : 3/10/2009 2:34:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont understand exactly what you are doing.. how much mimosa do you have? how much water? how much lye? is it all mixed in already? what about the naphtha?
what is the volume of the turkey baster you have?

Fatcat
#19 Posted : 3/10/2009 2:52:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ok I have a half pound of powdered Mimosa in 3 litres of water with about 270 grams of lye. I let the lye sit before I put the MHRB in. I waited over night and added 300 ml of warm naptha and gently shook it around so they mixed. My problem is that there is only a few millimeters between the top of the naptha and the bottom. I think the turkey baster is like 30 ml. I don't have much more naptha that I can add and then evaporate down to a usable amount.

endlessness
#20 Posted : 3/10/2009 2:57:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well as I said, its a much much simpler solution to just pull it all out crudely to a thin tall glass. Think about it, 300ml of warm naphtha is basically a full glass. So when you pull with the turkey baster to this glass, even if it comes with some of the mimosa mix, its no problem. The mimosa mix will stay on the bottom and the naphtha will stay on top, except this time the layer of naphtha will be much thicker in comparison with your original container because it is tall and thin instead of wide. So this makes the separating much easier.

So crudely pull it to a glass, clean the turkey baster to remove traces of the mimosa mix you might have pulled together, and then again use the baster to separate the naphtha on the tall glass to another container, this time only getting the naphtha. The last bit that you cant pull accurately, just put it back to the main container and add the next naphtha pull there..

12NEXT