We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushroom Tea Options

tlong20
#1 Posted : 4/23/2012 5:52:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

The other night my friend and I made some mushroom tea together for the first time I was always skeptical on how well it would work. We made two separate batches on the one I used the recipe was:

~9oz water
~tspn honey
~tblspn sugar
~tspn lemon juice

brought all this to a boil then took off heat and added 2.5g's of mushrooms i had grinded up well with mortar and pestel. I let this sit for 15 minutes then added a peach tea bag and let it steep for another 15. Filtered through a coffee filter into my cup and enjoyed.

It tasted well and I was surprised on how fast the come up was with feelings of the shroom at 10minutes and at 30-40 min i had peaked. The duration was shorter but I really don't think much intensity was lost. I enjoyed the method a lot.

It brought me to a question though. Does anyone know of any other recipes that maybe bring out more psychoactive properties or does anybody know if you can add other herbs in the mixture with the shroom to alter the psychoactive properties. If so have you tried it? and what herbs?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 4/23/2012 5:54:50 PM

Hello

Here is a good list of viable synergies to mix with the mushroom if you feel so inclined.

rOm
#3 Posted : 4/23/2012 5:59:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can add to the list mescaline, or cacti containing it.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Pup Tentacle
#4 Posted : 4/23/2012 6:12:14 PM

lettuce

This weekend I made limeade with mushrooms

1) soaked 5g shrooms in 8oz of lime juice overnight

2) strained/filtered lime juice into pitcher

3) poured 4 cups of distilled water over shrooms as a rinse & squeezed remaining juice into pitcher. (put shrooms in freezer in case all the goodies aren't out yet)

4) mixed in 2/3 of a cup of sugar (would have used 1/2 cup of honey but I was out)

5) guzzled down with my lady

BAM! Psilicybin Limeade! It hit like a brick and FAST! - although I should say we dosed about 30mg of sublingual caapi extract before as well.

I know this is basically the lemon tek, but I love limeade and mushrooms and was just tickled green to be able to have a tasty way to get those fungi in mah belly.
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

behindthelight
#5 Posted : 4/23/2012 6:59:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The ONLY way I take mushrooms is by making a tea/drink. I have done this a ton of times and tried different methods. The way I am doing it now is by taking a small bottle of fruit juice, pouring half of it into a small pan along with some honey and/or sugar if you want. Bring it to a boil and remove from heat. Add in your powdered mushrooms and stir well, making sure all the shrooms go under the water. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Then I have 2 of these plastic reusable coffee filters that you can set on top of a glass. They have a screen as the filter, so you can wash them when you are done. So I put 2 of them together and set it on top of the glass, then I pour the contents of the small pan thru a funnel and into the filters. I let them filter thru until pretty much nothing is dripping anymore. Then I dump the mushroom fiber into a couple folded up paper towels and squeeze them into my glass that has the filtered mushroom juice. Just be careful not to break the paper towel, you don't want any of the mushroom fiber in the drink. I then add ice, stir it up until it is cold. I have done this at least 10 times with 7g of shrooms. It is amazing.

DeMenTed
#6 Posted : 4/23/2012 7:39:33 PM

Barry

Why was the mushroom happy?

Because he is a fungi Smile

tlong20
#7 Posted : 4/23/2012 9:12:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I like the suggestion of putting the mescaline cacti in it and letting it soak. which is san pedro i believe i can't remember right now. I was wondering if anyone else could confirm that this will add new psychedelic properties from the cacti.