We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV678910NEXT»
Music Bin Options

Lichen
#141 Posted : 4/14/2014 12:16:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While we are on the topic of Aphex Twin, these first two tracks are from Analord - A 3½ hour, 42-track series of recordings on 12" vinyl by artist Richard D. James (most commonly known as Aphex Twin).

I continue to remain obsessed with this release going on 4 years now, with no end in sight.

AFX - XMD5A

AFX - W32.Mydoom.AU@mm

This track is by Boards of Canada - I know you'll like this one, Sunshine.

Palace Posy is an anagram of APOCALYPSE.

This is a fan-made video which I find to be quite fitting and oddly hypnotic.

Boards of Canada - Palace Posy

The correlation between the two nuclear explosion 'motifs' in the videos, and the reference to Marie Curie is a bizzare coincidence I expect no one to believe wasn't intentional.
I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

anon_003
#142 Posted : 4/14/2014 9:06:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HELL YES, Analords is some serious business!!!! Don't have all the releases, but my friend and fellow afx fan jon is helping me piece them all together. Chosen Lords was a great introduction to the series. And Palace Posy is one of my faves off of the new one!

If I had to pick a fave off off tomorrow's harvest tho, I think this one would take the cake.
Boards of Canada - Split Your Infinities
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Lichen
#143 Posted : 4/18/2014 2:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a few of the Analord vinyls, but I forget which - they are in storage and I've never had a chance to play them as I bought them after my turntable broke. I would love to have some FLAC versions. I haven't really listened to any of the bonus tracks that got released afterwards.

Split Your Infinities is excellent, a favourite of mine - but I honestly can't even pick a favourite track of Tomorrow's Harvest, it all works so well together.

That being said, I killed the first listen however - I smoked a super joint and went and lay down with my headphones on... I only got as far as half way through "Jacquard Causeway", and was feeling super uncomfortable and turned it off. I read up on the track and read about it's composition, and now that I understand what's happening, it very listenable - but I wouldn't say it's a favourite.

Here it is, if anyone is interested. This helped alot:
http://bocpages.org/wiki/Jacquard_Causeway

I am a piece of knowledge-retaining computer code imitating an imaginary organic being.

hug46
#144 Posted : 4/22/2014 10:45:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This one is for all the Bieber bashers out there (and dedicated to Anrchy); Beautifully transcendant!

۩
#145 Posted : 5/4/2014 8:09:40 PM

Omar and Cedric are working on a new project together with Flea and Dave Elritch called Antemasque. There is an EP out now before the self titled album comes out in July.
http://nadiesound.com/album/antemasque At the drive in / punk influenced. Some blues / folk too.

Cognitive Heart
#146 Posted : 5/13/2014 3:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So strong its religious. Drool

'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Cognitive Heart
#147 Posted : 5/19/2014 8:20:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oldie. Twisted Evil

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

livinglife
#148 Posted : 5/19/2014 8:48:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hug46 wrote:
This one is for all the Bieber bashers out there (and dedicated to Anrchy); Beautifully transcendant!

That's one of the best JB songs I have ever heard. beautiful!

Cognitive Heart
#149 Posted : 5/22/2014 5:43:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful sounds from an independent artist. Very happy

http://kiln-audio.bandcamp.com/album/holo-re-lux

Cosmic Spore
#150 Posted : 5/24/2014 9:41:18 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

Orion
#151 Posted : 5/25/2014 3:56:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

universecannon
#152 Posted : 5/27/2014 10:48:48 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Speaking of Bluetech and Kilowatts...Under the title of their collab project, "invisible
allies" (they put out a crazy album on hypedimensional animals a few years ago Laughing ), they've just released another album

I was having some funny bee syncs yesterday when I came across this

http://alephzerorecords..../conversations-with-bees

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

f1
#153 Posted : 5/28/2014 12:10:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://youtu.be/_nW5AF0m9Zw

The XX- Angels

In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

f1
#154 Posted : 6/12/2014 8:59:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This women and her harp have calmed me down thousands of times,

A Song for This Lovely Night Garden - Yasmeen Amina Olya
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

Shanghigher
#155 Posted : 6/12/2014 1:24:00 PM

Burning the locals, abusing the tourists, terrifying the help.

I recently got introduced to the brilliance which is Sun Ra, and thought I would share. It's basically in flight music for interstellar travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyQADbCCWVU
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson

3rdI
#156 Posted : 6/12/2014 3:10:00 PM

veni, vidi, spici

the new Sage Francis album dropped last week, go get it, now, chop chopVery happy

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

the white rabbit
#157 Posted : 6/23/2014 10:43:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anon_003
#158 Posted : 7/2/2014 11:34:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is my first completed song ever, so don't laugh at me too hard Crying or very sad

https://soundcloud.com/m.../first-track-no-name-yet

But seriously, give me some feedback. I want to get better and I trust nobody more than you music nexians. I am going after a simpler early detroit electro kind of vibe (not huge on the effects so much as building/deconstructing layers and loops, solid melodies, and sublime percussions). I also have no idea how to mix or master (at all.) Please please please give me critical feedback/tips/commentary, it is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyy reaaaaaaaaaallllllyyyy wanted at this point.

Much thanks!
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

zhoro
#159 Posted : 7/3/2014 1:20:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anon_003 wrote:
Here is my first completed song ever, so don't laugh at me too hard Crying or very sad

https://soundcloud.com/m.../first-track-no-name-yet

But seriously, give me some feedback. I want to get better and I trust nobody more than you music nexians. I am going after a simpler early detroit electro kind of vibe (not huge on the effects so much as building/deconstructing layers and loops, solid melodies, and sublime percussions). I also have no idea how to mix or master (at all.) Please please please give me critical feedback/tips/commentary, it is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyy reaaaaaaaaaallllllyyyy wanted at this point.

Much thanks!

Hey, SR, I think your track is promising but you need to get the mix right. I'm no expert, but I think much detail that you would like exposed get buried in the mud as it is. Someone who knows about mixing can probably improve your track dramatically.

On a side note, based on your moniker and location, I see you are a fellow BoC fan. Isn't this perfection?

Also, have you listened to Gesaffelstein's album Aleph? I think you might like it.

This is pretty special too:

Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

anon_003
#160 Posted : 7/7/2014 1:34:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

zhoro, thank you for the feedback! I have been reading up on getting the mix right and am trying some things out... hopefully with practice it will begin to come easier!!

That video is really just one of the greatest things I have ever experienced.
There aren't really any awesome videos for it, but Kid for Today by them has to be probably THE greatest thing I have ever experienced. That whole EP is just *perfection* <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz2_Ha_SxUw>

Never heard of Gesaffelstein, but that track is just too awesome. Giving it a download as I type this. Those warped analogs at the beginning and periodically throughout remind me A LOT of the patches BOC used on ROYGBIV and some of the interludes on Geogaddi. Very cool stuff. Thank you for the recommendation!

«PREV678910NEXT»