We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
delosperma dmt 5 meo-dmt!? Options

hypnotoad
#1 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:25:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for all the posts from a neewbie in one day!

I've read a few reports ons a succulent plant, delosperma, containing DMT and 5-MEO DMT!?
Has anyone over here ever tried extracts on this plant or have a good experience with the use of delosperma spp.?

Sorry if this is a old topic I'm maby brining up now again.

HypnotoadVery happy
hypnotoad attached the following image(s):
delosperma_cooperi2.jpg (18kb) downloaded 276 time(s).
Explore the limits of the mind...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:31:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep there's some info in Trout's notes:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...-MeO-DMT#Delosperma_spp.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT#Delosperma_spp.

Though no quantification anywhere AFAIK, and I dont remember reading actual successful extraction reports. But hey, if you have some delosperma around you, why not try extracting? Maybe looking into TLC and/or buying some reagent to test for tryptamines, maybe thiele tube for testing melting point, or just extracting, examining smell/looks, and start with small bioassays.

Go for it, be safe, and dont forget to let us know the results!

hypnotoad
#3 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot endlessness! I live in south africa so these are very common plants! Smile I will be trying a extraction! But what extraction tek do you think I should use? I'm not really a pro atextractions so please try keep it simple! Smile

If I have done an extraction: I will post my effects felt and the amout used Smile

Hypnotoad

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:45:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I would go for something that involves FASI or FASA precipitation, so either using limonene or xylene/toluene. I would do that because im not sure about plant's other impurities and fats that might be more troublesome to clean otherwise, and fumarates precipitation bypasses any need for defat or similar problem, and its reasonably "selective" to the alkaloids we want.

Read BLAB to understand the fumarate precipitation part, but depending on what you have around you and your preferences, you can instead do an A/B or a normal STB, and use limonene or xylene/toluene.

Alternatively, if that sounds really complicated and you can only find naphtha or equivalent, I would do an A/B with naphtha, see what one can get with freeze precipitation or evaporation, and stay at that or proceed to clean up according to how pure and how much it is (by re-A/Bing or trying to recrystallize)

Just dont throw anyhting away till youre done!

hypnotoad
#5 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:50:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok cool! Ill see what I can do! I'm going to do a bit of research and let you know!
You seem to know your stuff, and I don't know who to ask, but do "poor man tek" work?

endlessness
#6 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:51:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any of the teks in our wiki work very well. Check that, and the FAQ, and then maybe consider the ideas Ive just said, and I think if there's any DMT there you'll be good Smile

Im not sure about 5-MeO-DMT solubilities in naphtha, it could be, but it should def be in xylene/limonene. More tests are needed

hypnotoad
#7 Posted : 4/20/2012 5:57:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! Smile ill let you know how it all goes!

Hypnotoad

Electric Kool-Aid
#8 Posted : 4/20/2012 6:01:02 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

Just remember 5-MeO-DMT is more potent than nn-DMT! Some have had some problems because over doing it. (but I am sure you have researched it already!)
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

hypnotoad
#9 Posted : 4/20/2012 6:11:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I heared! But I read that only certain delosperma spp contain 5-MeO-DMT. But thanks for the heads up!

wira
#10 Posted : 4/24/2012 4:29:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The assays Trout reported on did note that in many of the species tested, the tentative tryptamine-alkaloid positives were accompanied by large amounts of numerous unidentifieds - I would suggest mesembrine-type alkaloids, which have been confirmed in some species including Delosperma cooperi forma cooperi. These alkaloids appear to have SRI activity and worrying reactions have occureed when taken with 5-HTP, so I'm not sure how they would go with DMT and/or 5-MeO-DMT... If you do get any alkaloids out of your experiment, maybe a sample could be sent to endlessness for analysis? Trying to smoke a DMT-sized dose of mesembrine alkaloids could be a bad idea, as some of them are quite potent. As far as other phytochemical components go, you might also expect large amounts of oxalic acid in Delospermas or any plant from the Aizoaceae/Mesembryanthemaceae family.

hypnotoad
#11 Posted : 4/25/2012 3:22:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks wirra! I just know of a cooperi that has been clamied to contain DMT and 5-MeO DMT!

I'm not really a DMT expert! More just very intrested in it! And I will be trying some form of DMT extraction soon, if it doesn't faily misserably I will send it to endlessness! Smile..

But I have been also doing a bit of research by reading on what people are saying on some other formus and a lot of people claim that delosperma is a lot stronger than kanna!
I also read that by doing a simple fermeting process the same as doing with kanna and eating/smoking the material?
Do u think this will give the desired effects?...the fermenting takes away a lot of the oxalic acids I suppose. Many people have claimed to get stronger effects than kanna by doing this?
Must be the other alkaloids the the plant! And I read the root is the strongest but the 'leaves' and flowers aren't bad either!

AluminumFoilRobots
#12 Posted : 4/25/2012 3:38:36 PM

gufyg

There are various spp of Delosperma (or Delosperma-type plants) that are a widely used ornamental/roadside plant in California and I have always been interested in attempting an extraction on them, but since we are travelling ATM I don't have anywhere to be playing with new extraction procedures on plants I've never extracted from! Unfortunately!
So I hope you try it and get your results tested! That would be a WONDERFUL new bit of information to have floating around here.

I tentatively ID'd the ones that grow in San Diego up to Santa Cruz as Delosperma cooperi, but while I have seen that guy, I don't think it is the one most common... just doing a bit of digging and I think that that one is Carpobrotus edulis - both are called ice-plants in S. California, so it's confusing!

If oxalic acid is in the picture, a good fermentation is probably prudent. I know it helps with Kanna, perhaps it would help the plant itself be more active... but I'm still thinking most populations would have too small of alkaloid-counts to work with just the plant...

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

hypnotoad
#13 Posted : 4/25/2012 3:59:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes there are a wide variety around so it can get very confusing!

Ill keep it updated when I do some testes with this plant! Smile

And I agree! But maby we could be wrong!
But my one friend is actually busy drying out a batch now! But ill let you know what he said about his effects!
I heared you get a euphoric feel from that method! But he said he will inform me and then ill post it here! Smile

Thanks

endlessness
#14 Posted : 4/25/2012 4:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just to make clear, even though im doing the local analysis work legally, I am NOT open to receiving potential scheduled compounds from members, im sure you can understand why. But I can certainly help out with information on how one can test themselves whatever they have with different reagents and proceedures, and will keep sharing the results of whatever botanical tests I do around here.

Good luck on the research, and keep us informed!

hypnotoad
#15 Posted : 4/25/2012 4:27:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah totally understand!

Thanks endlessness!
Great respect man!

Thanks! Smile

hypnotoad
#16 Posted : 4/25/2012 8:28:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys!

I've found this super cool link on delospermas! But they don't say exactly what chemicals are in the plant! I have also like litreally this afternoon found a batch of succulents I believe to be kanna, ill post a pic some time so that someone can maby I'd the succulent for me!

http://trout.yage.net/sc/SoS_2004_Trout.pdf

Thanks
Njoy the link! (Wich is a in a pdf format and must be saved, sorry)

Cheers
Hypnotoad! Smile

fivemeodeemtee
#17 Posted : 4/6/2013 3:27:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey

the other day SWIM saw delosperma c. in gardening store in his town, and bought a cutting. he knows that no a/b extractions have been fully executed to freebase, and he's wondering if the tea made of dry plant mass and MAOI could have any effects like aya. he'd appreciate if someone could tell him..

peace Smile

DiMiTriX
#18 Posted : 5/21/2013 12:32:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol i think i've it in garden..must check! Smile)

update:i just checked and i've 1 square meter of it in garden! maybe i'll research with it in the future
Tz'is aná