We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Workout supplements and DMT Options

Electric Kool-Aid
#1 Posted : 4/18/2012 5:52:33 PM

Explorer, Creative and Curious

I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of health issues with DMT reacting with workout supplements.
I might be getting back in to working out and will be taking Creatine with workout shakes and smoking DMT after my workouts.
If anyone has any info on this and health risks, please let me know!

Cheers!
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace
Respect, intention, meditation, inhalation, observation, analyzation, respect.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 4/18/2012 6:22:31 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I've smoked dmt daily/near-daily while using creatine in the past. Never noticed any problems. Just make sure you're getting adequate amounts of water (with or without taking dmt Pleased) while you're on the creatine to balance out your greater absorption/retention. Dmt + dehydration can be a bit rough.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

Electric Kool-Aid
#3 Posted : 4/18/2012 7:55:00 PM

Thanks snozz! Yeah I know about the water thing and lack of can hinder your health on Creatine. But no adverse reactions to DMT pleases me! Thanks
Done: THC - LSD - MESC - MDMA - Shrooms - DMT / Want:Hyperspace travel - World Peace

Icon
#4 Posted : 4/18/2012 10:31:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did not know that about being dehydrated on DMT, thanks! Makes sense, and I 100% agree with retrospect to my one bad experience with the spice. I vaped some immediately after waking up(when you're most dehydrated) and literally started gagging and dry heaving, and couldn't finish the bowl. Was scary and a silly mistake.

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#5 Posted : 4/19/2012 12:36:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of exercise, for what goal?

What kind of workout shake? Are you making your own or pre-made?

As far as creatine, I think you will be fine. I always feel great working with spice after a good bout of exercise. I am currently only using natural stuff right now (outside of 5htp and tryptophan), so I couldn't say if supplementation with creatine will adversely effect your experience...

BUT, pubmed and a quick GIS shows some probable serotonin system inhibition with creatine supplementation. That could blunt your response at a given dosage.

Make sure your glucose levels are good too, the post workout sugar drop can make a trip a nightmare. Your brain needs energy to open the third eye.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

Electric Kool-Aid
#6 Posted : 4/19/2012 2:25:03 AM

Ok, so before my workout I take pure Creatine powder mixed with water. I might have juice for sugar (reacts with Creatine for quicker obsorbsion)
After my workout I take a whey shake with no supliments.
Tons of water (6-10 glasses a day)

Goal - lose weight and gain muscle mass. Creatine helps renew used energy.

soulfood
#7 Posted : 4/19/2012 2:49:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I don't really bother with creatine before a workout. I just drink a small amount as routine maybe a couple of times a day.

When I first start using it, I'll take double the dose for about a week or two. Not sure if that's necessary, though some say it helps.

The main benefit I found from creatine was it sped up recovery time. The dissapointing bit is when you have a break from it or don't workout for a week and all your muscles shrink noticably.

Now I didn't so much find any conflicts using DMT alone, though if I used a harmaloid orally with DMT, I couldn't workout as effectively the day after.

My top tip for working out is to fuel yourself with a lot of fruits before you begin aswell as keeping yourself hydrated.

Electric Kool-Aid
#8 Posted : 4/19/2012 4:07:13 AM

Soul- thanks. Yeah people say the Creatine bloat thing. There are different types of Creatine available, it's the mono Creatine that has water retention. But that is like 1lb water max. No biggy. The types are creatine monohydrate, creatine phosphate, creatine citrate and creatine ethyl ester.
How it works is when your body uses ATP (energy) it converts it to ADP (used energy) then your body expells the ADP and you have to wait until your body makes more ATP over night. What Creatine does is when your body uses the ATP as energy and turns it in to ADP, well along comes Creatine magic and turns the ADP back in to ATP! So then your body can use that energy right when you are working out!
For the first week of using Creatine your body will need to taturate (sorry Saturate) your muscles. So by the end of the week you are at 100% max of Creatine in your muscles in 5 days. People sometimes "load" and take double the dose for that week (5days) and get the 100% much quicker. But loading is only that time, if you take double the amount all of the time, then your body expells the excess. But what happens is the liver and kiddnies have to do more work and ends up hurting them. So best to just put in what you need in that week. Take Creatine for 5-6 weeks and then stop for 1-2 weeks. Creatine is great for power you never thought you had and can bring you past that plato you are stuck at.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Studies were conducted on football players who were hit in the head. The ones who took Creatine after recovered quicker than the ones without the supliment. So it helps in recovery after the workout. Plus replenishes used ATP.

drob
#9 Posted : 4/19/2012 12:49:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read an article on the T-nation site, where they argue pre-loading on creatine and using it pre-workout doesn't really offer any substantial benefits... other than to the company selling it. So, I just use afterwards and it seems to do the trick!

Electric Kool-Aid
#10 Posted : 4/19/2012 3:56:14 PM

drob wrote:
I read an article on the T-nation site, where they argue pre-loading on creatine and using it pre-workout doesn't really offer any substantial benefits... other than to the company selling it. So, I just use afterwards and it seems to do the trick!

Yup. There was that argument. I just load on pure Creatine powder, it's something like $18 for a years supply! Superstore carries it. (in Canada) As for the preworkout sweet drinks like superpump and black powder, they are sugary yummy drinks that are mixed to enhance your workout, plus things like enlarge your muscles with neutriants.
If you think it's a scam then take it whenever. I actually take the "bracket method" sometimes. So you use your Creatine while you are working out and benefit with energy for the workout then after workout post Creatine for recovery.
I have tried post only before and it worked yes, but I noticed a spike in HUGE energy in the pre. So I just like it pre workout. Loading I do because it's cheap price for pure monohydrate Creatine.

drob
#11 Posted : 4/19/2012 4:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tips, I'll try it out and see how it compares.

DMaTeo
#12 Posted : 4/19/2012 5:06:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its quite funny that i found this post because i was wondering this same thing recently. great info guys, just wanted to know if other supplements could cause negative interactions with dmt or ayahuasca because of the maoi's. such supplement like amino acids, test boosters, even prohormones...not currently on any of these but would like to know for future knowledge
i think; therefore i AM

Electric Kool-Aid
#13 Posted : 4/19/2012 5:08:56 PM

drop - take at 30 minutes before workout. Not 10 minutes. not 1 hour. It needs time to get in the body's bloodstream and takes 30 minutes, but if you wait say an hour, your body is already absorbing it and you wont see the spike in power. Now this preworkout stuff is only for weight lifting, not for cardio. Cardio doesnt need creatine but post workout shakes are ok. Goodluck!

Back to topic. DMT reacting with workout supplements. Anyone had problems? or even better trips??

Hiyo Quicksilver
#14 Posted : 4/19/2012 6:27:37 PM

just some guy

I use Cytosport Muscle Milk (no creatine) twice a day, and have not ever had problems... In fact, I've only noticed that the trips are a little more snappy and much more comfortable and calm when I regularly exercise, and the stuff helps my body recover to a healthy, relaxed shape so well that I do not prefer to take psychedelics if I have not been keeping myself in shape. The difference is incredible

I would recommend, though, that you be safe and considerate of your health. Creatine doesn't really do much for your health and size in the long run (when compared to, say, just some muscle milk and a good workout)... but it will have negative effects after a while (say what you want, it always happens, you can't hide from reality). If anything, you should notice rampant muscle tension, irritability and hormonal imbalance... I don't know how well that might work for you in the clutch-play of hyperspace.

As always, supplements with Nitric Oxide are never safe, especially when used with psychedelics. The increased risk of bubbles and anuerism is nothing to play with. That'll put you out for good before you know it... if nothing else, the increased bloodflow while on DMT would really be hard on your scrotum and testicles, as if NO wasn't bad enough already.

Long and short: You may end up not liking the whole creatine + DMT thing for obvious reasons. If you're looking for something that will support you but still keep your body functioning naturally, a regular ol' amino acid/nutrient compound such as original Muscle Milk will provide the benefits you want (other than the creatine surge), without the creatine. It's even totally fine to use with Ayahuasca, and greatly limits vasoconstriction and cramps with LSD.

Either way, Happy Trails!

ewok
#15 Posted : 4/19/2012 8:09:39 PM

Electric Kool-Aid sounds like your reading to much company advertising information, read some university papers on creatine and its effect on performance and recovery. You will find post workout is the best for the body to absorb it as when the mussels are over loaded they crave nutrients and the uptake of creatine will be substantially higher taking before a workout to get it in your system doesn't offer any benefit as stated before, as most will be converted to creatinine witch is toxic before it can be absorbed this process will speed up with most sugars as well.

And it depends on type of cardio if there will be a benefit from proper creatine supplementation. High intensity cardio is perfect for creatine supplementation.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

easyrider
#16 Posted : 4/20/2012 2:03:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If his goal is to lose fat and gain muscle mass, I don't think HIIT would be beneficial. That would burn calories from stored fat, but it would also be using muscle glycogen. Steady-paced cardio (cardio where you're not gasping for air) for fifteen minutes following weight lifting exercises would be ideal for his goal. It also helps out with muscle recovery, I believe. Anyway, losing fat and gaining muscle mass simultaneously is a difficulty; some believe it's not even possible, thus the necessity for bulking and cutting phases. Others believe it is possible, and would recommend a cyclic ketogenic diet. I'm not an expert, and one system/regimen may not work for all people, considering we all have a unique biochemistry.
"'Most men will not swฮนm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swฮนm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

โ€” Hermann Hesse

ewok
#17 Posted : 4/20/2012 4:00:56 AM

easyrider wrote:
If his goal is to lose fat and gain muscle mass, I don't think HIIT would be beneficial. That would burn calories from stored fat, but it would also be using muscle glycogen. Steady-paced cardio (cardio where you're not gasping for air) for fifteen minutes following weight lifting exercises would be more efficient for his goal. It also helps out with muscle recovery, I think. Anyway, losing fat and gaining muscle mass simultaneously is a difficulty; some believe it's not even possible, thus the necessity for bulking and cutting phases. Others believe it is possible, and would recommend a cyclic ketogenic diet. I'm no expert, and one system/regimen may not work for all people, considering we all have a unique biochemistry.

hiit cardio workouts increase growth hormone levels leading to muscle gain look at sprinters for example, over long distance running. Hiit and weights= fat birning muscle growth.
infinite possibilities.

Electric Kool-Aid
#18 Posted : 4/20/2012 7:14:58 AM

ewok wrote:
Electric Kool-Aid sounds like your reading to much company advertising information, read some university papers on creatine and its effect on performance and recovery. You will find post workout is the best for the body to absorb it as when the mussels are over loaded they crave nutrients and the uptake of creatine will be substantially higher taking before a workout to get it in your system doesn't offer any benefit as stated before, as most will be converted to creatinine witch is toxic before it can be absorbed this process will speed up with most sugars as well.

And it depends on type of cardio if there will be a benefit from proper creatine supplementation. High intensity cardio is perfect for creatine supplementation.

Ok. So I read up on it years ago when I was getting a protein shake and by accident got a preworkout creatine mix. I researched up on creatine and figured out it was pretty good sounding. So I took the preworkout. I then ran out of that. So I got pure creatine and read up on that. Time passes and I have tried many creatine products with other additives and variations. Creatine works best for me when I take it 30 minutes before so it has time to get in my bloodstream. Once in there I workout and have about 20-30% more energy than if I take it after my workout. I know taking it after feeds and recovers. So I do the bracket method sometimes and it will have the best of both worlds. bracket method = take 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after your workout. Works fine for me, never had a problem. I can increase my lifts with 20-30% more energy I can FEEL. This is not a paper thing. This is my body which I have grown to understand.
So the paperwork was the facts I just spewed out for you. So take it as you wish. Just understand that reading your body after you read the paper is more important.

Cheers!

Hiyo Quicksilver - Thanks for the heads up on the muscle milk and NO info. I used to take NO explode and some other NO products. They are ok, but you get jitters sometimes, kinda wired feeling which I dont like, so I stay away from that. Muscle Milk has had some reviews which have controversy. Some say it is bad for you. But never tried it, so I dont know.
I take amino acids in pure powder form and mix it with my protein shake ALWAYS after a workout. That is a must have with recovery. Or you will just be sore after workouts for days.

Electric Kool-Aid
#19 Posted : 4/20/2012 7:38:55 AM

easyrider and ewok
warm up = I do a walk / run / sprint for 5 minutes. When I say sprint this is high impact for the last minute of my 5 min warmup.
Then I hit the weights to start my sets. My body is pumping full of blood from the warmup and the creatine is flowing in my body for the next 45 minutes or so. So whatever I do my ATP has been burnt to ADP and creatine converts it back to ATP for reuse. I get my sets done on the areas of my body I am working on. Then I do about 15 minutes on the tread mill again (walk / run). Then go home and have a banana + shake.
So what happens is the warmup helps get my blood flowing so I dont get a blood clot block or whatever can happen. I heard it is better to stretch and warmup before lifting. Then after the weights I do cardio and my body is already starving for nutrients and I do cardio and from there it burns the fat easier than if I just did cardio alone.

I have heard this method from some professional workout trainers over time. Seems to work for me. I know there are literally 100s of workouts. So we could go on and on with this. So I do whats best for me. Might switch it up.

Cardio days I will do 15 - 30 minutes of cardio alone. Flat run / incline 30 degrees walk. Might throw a few minor muscles in there if I feel addicted enough after. Things like forams are good for that.

Creatine + cardio is no good. I have read this somewhere and can have adverse effects. If you just want to "increase your cardio" I would not advise you take creatine. It really is best used for gaining muscle and fueling the muscles for (and after) intense weight workout sessions. Good food and plenty of water is better for cardio.

ewok
#20 Posted : 4/20/2012 8:08:50 AM

Electric Kool-Aid wrote:
easyrider and ewok
warm up = I do a walk / run / sprint for 5 minutes. When I say sprint this is high impact for the last minute of my 5 min warmup.
Then I hit the weights to start my sets. My body is pumping full of blood from the warmup and the creatine is flowing in my body for the next 45 minutes or so. So whatever I do my ATP has been burnt to ADP and creatine converts it back to ATP for reuse. I get my sets done on the areas of my body I am working on. Then I do about 15 minutes on the tread mill again (walk / run). Then go home and have a banana + shake.
So what happens is the warmup helps get my blood flowing so I dont get a blood clot block or whatever can happen. I heard it is better to stretch and warmup before lifting. Then after the weights I do cardio and my body is already starving for nutrients and I do cardio and from there it burns the fat easier than if I just did cardio alone.

I have heard this method from some professional workout trainers over time. Seems to work for me. I know there are literally 100s of workouts. So we could go on and on with this. So I do whats best for me. Might switch it up.

Cardio days I will do 15 - 30 minutes of cardio alone. Flat run / incline 30 degrees walk. Might throw a few minor muscles in there if I feel addicted enough after. Things like forams are good for that.

Creatine + cardio is no good. I have read this somewhere and can have adverse effects. If you just want to "increase your cardio" I would not advise you take creatine. It really is best used for gaining muscle and fueling the muscles for (and after) intense weight workout sessions. Good food and plenty of water is better for cardio.

Some of the most fittest athletes on the planet are MMA fighters they do endless cardio to be in shape to fight, many use creatine supplementation. Its not good to just go for a run or aerobic exercise in general but perfect for intense anaerobic exercise. Which will increase your cardio faster.

Also having creatine in your blood provides no real benefit you need it to saturate your muscle cells. Which happens much faster post workout. Not sure how you measure your energy to see its increased by 20-30% but if you feel you are getting that from creatine more power to ya but could be placebo or from the sugar you mix it with.

infinite possibilities.

12NEXT