We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Salvia Analysis Thread Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 4/17/2012 2:44:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Literature:

Analyzing Salvia Divinorum and its Active Ingredient Salvinorin A Utilizing Thin Layer
Chromatography and Gas Chromatography⁄Mass Spectrometry

Related threads:

Notes on Salvia Divinorum

Salvinorin Recrystallization

Nexus Analysis:

Gibran2 will be able to give more details on growth, harvest and extraction of sample #1. From what I understand, it was acetone pulls, and washes with naphtha and IPA.

.MS files will be attached to this first post so more experienced people can double check the work, any criticism, suggestion, questions, welcome.. All percentages are approx, based on Area Under Curve integration.

GC-MS details below. In the future LC-MS will be used and details also added here.
Quote:
GC-MS analysis was performed in an Agilent 5890 series II gas chromatograph coupled to an 5971A quadrupole mass spectrometer detector (Agilent). The gas chromatograph was fitted with an 6890 auto sampler injector. Samples were injected in split mode into a 12m × 0.2mm i.d., 0.33 µm film thickness 5% phenylmethylsilicone column (ULTRA-2, Agilent Technologies). The oven temperature was programmed at 90ºC during 2min and increased 20ºC/min to 300ºC. Finally was maintained at 300ºC over 4min with a total run time of 14.50min. Insert liners packed with silanized glasswool were used. The injector and the interface were operated at 280 ◦C. Helium was used as carrier gas at a flow rate of 0.48ml/min. The mass spectrometer was operated in electron impact ionization mode at 70 eV

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 4/17/2012 3:04:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for this again Endless.
Is this extract the salvinorin product of gibran2 ? I find it's cool if it's contain not only salvinorin Alpha but also Bêta.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

gibran2
#3 Posted : 4/17/2012 7:16:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

rOm wrote:
Thanks for this again Endless.
Is this extract the salvinorin product of gibran2 ? I find it's cool if it's contain not only salvinorin Alpha but also Bêta.

Yes - that's from my plants. Smile
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Shaolin
#4 Posted : 4/17/2012 8:37:29 PM

Stiletto Stoner

What a clean spectra. Thanks both to gibran2 and endlessness.

Salvinorin B is inactive, right ?

Interesting bit on it from Schmidt ( et al 2005)

"Salvinorin A for use in monkey studies was commercially obtained from Biosearch (Novato, CA, USA) and was approximately 92% pure, the residual was mostly Salvinorin B."
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

rOm
#5 Posted : 4/17/2012 8:45:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks both Shaolin, and Gibran, so the extraction tek (cold ace pulls/IPA,naphta washes) yields both salvinorin A & B. B is inactive ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !