We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoking Frankincense - Psychoactive Options

nickynack338
#1 Posted : 4/16/2012 2:10:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Some studies have shown that the traditional incense used in religious ceremony, Frankincense shows some psychoactive properties. Mainly acting as an anti-depressant and anti-anxiolytic. It has also shown to have some health benefits as well. So I tried to smoke a small amount in a bowl and observed mild but great effects.
I found that 3-5 minutes after numerous inhalations that my mood was lifted quite a bit. I might even say a little euphoric. I closed my eyes and found that while i couldn't see anything, there was a definite depth to the blackness. When i covered my eyes and waited for something to emerge, flowing lights appeared which would sometimes form images of things i observed that day and then fade away. Another interesting thing was that i found myself forming sentences with much more ease. I was speaking before I knew what i was going to say, but the sentence was coherent.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Wax
#2 Posted : 4/16/2012 2:35:55 AM

LUVR

I've heard that frankincense had these effects but couldn't imagine smoking it, it is just too pungent and puts off a lot of nasty smoke.

If you plan to try this again I would recommend trying to vaporize it instead, also I have read that churchgoers could have possibly become addicted to inhaling the smoke in the temples. I don't know if it could be physically or just physiologically addictive but it may be worth looking into if you plan any further experimentation.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

nickynack338
#3 Posted : 4/16/2012 2:46:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was expecting a rough smoke but it is possibly one of the smoothest things i have ever smoked. I was shocked when i exhaled, expecting a small amount but a pillar of smoke came out. It also has a nice taste and smell when exhaled through the nose.
Thank you for that warning though, I wasn't aware of that. I will keep an eye and make sure not to use often.

Walter D. Roy
#4 Posted : 4/16/2012 3:35:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have smoked incense before, I can't really remember what it was called. But it was a very good kind, Namchanca I think. I wouldn't say the effects I received were good, in fact they were very mild.

This could be due to two factors:
1) They method I used was dumb. I would burn a tiny hole in a plastic bottle and then just let the smoke coming off fill up.
2) I did not exactly know what I was smoking, I was ready for any kind of effect. This could have produced a "sense of being high".

Anyways the effects I felt were very mild. I would clear the bottle after it was milky white and exhale after a few seconds. I would get a "lighter" feeling and it helped me relax and space off.

That's pretty much all I felt but I can agree with
nickynack338 said -" there was a definite depth to the blackness"-

I know that the way I smoked it was dumb, and I don't ever plan on doing it againRazz but this was just my experience with incense and its potential effects.
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

nickynack338
#5 Posted : 4/16/2012 8:45:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's very interesting, I think the incense you might be referring to Nag-Champa. Although that is going to have completely different reasons for the effects because it's a different substance. Also, the act of smoking causes effects in itself because of the carbon-monoxide and the lack of oxygen too the brain.

Walter D. Roy
#6 Posted : 4/16/2012 10:38:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nickynack338 wrote:
That's very interesting, I think the incense you might be referring to Nag-Champa. Although that is going to have completely different reasons for the effects because it's a different substance. Also, the act of smoking causes effects in itself because of the carbon-monoxide and the lack of oxygen too the brain.

Yes you are right, but yeah that could have been the case. Because I was inhaling a very large quantity of smokeLaughing
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

nen888
#7 Posted : 4/17/2012 12:24:48 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..interesting Nickynack338..
Frankincense extracts were found to enhance learning and spatial memory retention in mice..
see http://www.mums.ac.ir/shares/ba...cmedjou/89/spring/a2.pdf
not all incense sold as frankincense is the real item (partly due to the tree being increasingly scarce in it's native Ethiopia and Sudan)

Purges
#8 Posted : 4/17/2012 1:06:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Next experiment: smoke some Myrrh, then some Gold Wink
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

MMPA
#9 Posted : 4/18/2012 5:57:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purges wrote:
Next experiment: smoke some Myrrh, then some Gold Wink

Unforunately, he wouldn't be the wisest man if he did. Besides, who smokes gold nowadays, it's all about vaporizing. (That sounds beyond painful.)