We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
List your healthy recipes here! Options

purple_dye
#1 Posted : 4/14/2012 6:48:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been changing my diet quite a bit recently and think it would be a good idea to exchange some specific dietary ideas. So I'll start it off. I don't eat much meat but when I do this is one of my favorite meals.

Ingredients:

1/2-1 LB organic free range hormone free chicken breast
2 tbsp garlic
5 ounces greens (spring mix or spinach)
2 tbsp olive oil
10 tbsp hummus of your choice
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

optional spices:
turmeric
cayenne
other Razz

Directions:

1. put a little oil and some garlic into your pan and bring to sizzle.
2. chop up chicken into little bit size pieces and place in pan.
3. add desired spices and mix well.
4. let cook till done.
5. mix greens, hummus, sunflower seeds, and olive oil into a big bowl while chicken is cooking
6. mix in chicken and toss salad
7. enjoy!

It looks kind of messy, but boy oh boy does it taste good!
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Doodazzle
#2 Posted : 4/14/2012 7:48:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yumm Bowl

Ingredients:

-Rice
-Red beans and/or black beans or whatever bean you happen to like. Raw, fresh from can well rinsed or better yet fresh from the garden
-Cashew, again raw is best
Corn, again raw from can well rinsed, or shaved off a fresh cob
-sliced mushrooms
-extra sharp cheddar, grated
-Other vegetables can be added according to taste and whatever happens to be available
-Advocado, if available is awesome in this dish
-Yumm Sauce

Yumm sace ingredients:

1/2 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup almonds (I smoosh em up with mortar and pestle)
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup chickpeas or garbanzo beans
1/2 cup water (important for flavor)
1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
1-2 garlic cloves (small to medium size)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried cilantro

Directions: blend that stuff up. Cook your rice. Add veggies and sauce to the rice. Eat.

Notes:

I don't believe I've ever made it the same way twice. The real stars of the show are the yumm, cheddar, advocado and cashew. The yumm sauce itself varies every time I make it--a quick search online will yield many variations on this sauce.

For the sauce itself I basically use a type of bean, a type nut (ground up into a flour), a vege oil and nutritional yeast, everything else is subject to change.

Cafe Yumm invented this stuff. Anyone from Oregon knows what I'm talking about. After moving back east it was awesome to find this recipe online.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

purple_dye
#3 Posted : 4/22/2012 4:48:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Best Guacamole

This one is really simple and very delicious!
Calorie rich for vegans out there having issues reaching their daily caloric needs.

4 Ingredients

1. 5-6 large avocados
2. 1 entire head of garlic ran through a garlic press
3. kosher salt to taste
4. 1 bushel of parsley finely chopped

Mix all together and place in a bowl inside of the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.

Serve.

This goes well with various organic raw vegis such as broccoli and carrots but I'm sure it would go well with some sort of chip too.
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

benzyme
#4 Posted : 4/22/2012 5:09:56 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

chicken-fried steak

1/2 lb rib-eye (or top sirloin)
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp red pepper powder
1 cup flour
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
two cloves sliced garlic

combine pepper, salt, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a small bowl.
beat the hell out of the ribeye to tenderize it, then rub with the spice mixture.
whip the egg with milk in another bowl, and dip the ribeye in it, then transfer to a plate with flour. transfer back into the egg mixture, then back to the flour.
heat a frying ban on medium heat, add the canola oil. add the sliced garlic, and toast until light brown, then set aside. place each ribeye slice into the pan, and cook 3 - 4 mins on each side.

to make a gravy, add flour to the hot oil and brown slightly, add 1/4 cup chicken broth, and stir then cook over low heat until it thickens.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

jungleheart
#5 Posted : 4/22/2012 6:58:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@ benzyme's "healthy" recipe
benzyme wrote:
chicken-fried steak
Mad

Here's mine:
Mission Fig Smoothie
-4 bananas
-handful of mission figs
-strawberries (frozen or otherwise)
-2 dates for sweetness

Figs in a smoothie. Try 'em.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 4/22/2012 7:40:36 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

jungleheart wrote:
Mad

wth

it's healthy, and tasty.
top with the toasted garlic, serve with a side of mashed potatoes, and chomp on a whole jalapeño

Thumbs up
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

۩
#7 Posted : 4/22/2012 7:41:51 PM

Benz, do you have the recipe to the 17 hour brisket?

benzyme
#8 Posted : 4/22/2012 7:47:32 PM

analytical chemist

aww man, wish I did. my buddy is from Oregon (living in austin), and he's got it down to a science.

It all starts with the rub, which is a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, a LOT of paprika, red chile powder, cumin, brown sugar, salt, ground black pepper, oregano, and ground coriander (optional). you let this sit for at least overnight, get up early in the morning to light 50/50 oak/mesquite, and slow cook the brisket for 17 hrs @ 275 F.

17 hrs is optional, you can get away with smoking it for 14 or 15; but have plenty of
beer (or bud) on hand, as it's an all day affair, best done with some family and/or friends

jamie
#9 Posted : 4/22/2012 8:55:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

heres my partially wildcrafted superfood soup.

First..go hunt some some medicinal polypore tree mushrooms, I gather the red belted polypores from the forest. Boil about 2 or 3 tablespoons of them (chopped first) in some wild spring water until you have a nice yellow tea..strain out the mushrooms-this liquid will be the base for the soup broth.

Now go gather some wild stinging nettles..and dry them at low temps until completely dehydrated. Powder them very fine.

Now take the origional mushroom tea water(after it has cooled) and add some organic unpasturized miso..a tablespoon of raw sesame butter(tahini), some powdered sea kelp, and then throw in that powdered nettle that you wildcrafted. You might have to play with the miso ammounts a bit to get it to your liking.

Blend all of this up real well in the blender, and then pour it all into a pot and add some dulse flakes(seaweed), chopped red peppers and green onions.

You can then have the soup that way or you can warm it a bit. I only warm it very slowly while stirring it so that I am sure to not cook the miso and kill the culture, or destory any enzymes present..this is why I wait for the mushroom tea water to cool a bit before I I add anything else to it.

This soup is is insanely medicinal, great for cancer prevention..polypore mushrooms have some amazing benifits for cancer treatment and prevention, they are good for the digestive tract and some say great for IBS, the immune system..they are adaptagenic..nettles are also very detoxifying and are just loaded with tons of minerals..

Some people hate miso but I love it. Sometime I just throw a large handful of sprouts into my bowl of soup as well.
Long live the unwoke.

Mindlusion
#10 Posted : 4/24/2012 1:00:27 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

benzyme wrote:
chicken-fried steak

1/2 lb rib-eye (or top sirloin)
1 tbsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp red pepper powder
1 cup flour
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
two cloves sliced garlic

awwwww yeaaaa benz its all in the spice.

I have a texan friend who's got quite the spice rack, and the know-how.

Last summer we deep fried the turkey, but not before injecting it with oil/fat based serum with an array of texan spices you listed above. TASTY
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

sØrce
#11 Posted : 7/15/2013 8:16:59 AM

That was that and this is this.

Poor in Pocket/Rich in Heart Spicy Thai Noodles:

1 Pkg Ramen Noodles, shrimp flavor
What's left in the bottom of the peanut butter jar, maybe 2 spoons fulls?
Siracha sauce (anything else you can throw in the garbage)
Some of those small red peppers you know them hot ones what's in General Tso's dealy (3-40)
That's it. Oh wait some milk, or cream if you got it goin' on that day.

Smash the bag of ramen with your fist and say "unnnnggghhh" like it mattered somehow.
Throw it in a bowl, cover it halfway with water and half with milk. 2 much liquid u blew it... just get 'em wet. Mostly water + some cream if you got it like that.
Nuke it or put it on your hot plate or heat source with the peppers in it to taste them.
Add a little of the shrimp seasoning then throw out the rest, it's poison.

(between you and me if you can afford water chestnuts somehow.. word. Only get the cans tho. Add them before you read this.)

When it's hot enough but not too hot take it out. Like 1:30 in the 'wave. (Don't worry about those energy fields, that's all bogus. Powerlines are far far worse. Never walk under any.)

Stir in a heaping spoonful of healthy peanut butter.
Squirt like a 2-3 second squirt of Siracha in it and chant si-ra-cha! si-ra-cha! cuz u won.

If you want to eat it with sticks start all over and don't smash the bag.

Serve it to your significant other and say, "Don't worry it won't always be this way." With a very convincing smile, maybe a wink. Idk you know them better than I do.

If you're eating that day make some more.

Oh wait, healthy? Um. Buy all the ingredients at the health food store.

"The world is his, who can see through it's pretension...see it to be a lie, and you have already dealt it its final blow..." -Ralph W. Emerson

Orion
#12 Posted : 7/15/2013 1:59:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT.
And I apologize for that. Had to.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Infectedstyle
#13 Posted : 7/15/2013 4:58:59 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Ive had chicken spiced with dmt before. It was pretty awfull. The dmt has a very powerful scent when put in the oven at 180 degrees. I wondered what was wrong and realized i have been using the same tray for the chicken that i have used to store dmt. I figured it might be healthy so i just went along with it and ate it.

DeDao
#14 Posted : 7/15/2013 6:50:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FRUIT SMOOTHIE

-1 cup of diced strawberries
-1/2 to 3/4 Bannana
-Handful of favored berry
-1 cup of ice
-7 to 15 grams of protein powder

Add fruit to blender. Liquify. Add protein powder, stir well. Add ice. Grind.

Drink!

This recipe creates two fruit smoothies~
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

jamie
#15 Posted : 7/16/2013 12:09:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

steam a sweet potato
mash it up with a good amount of grass fed organic butter
pinch of sea salt
add a little pure organic maple syrup
add a bit of cinnamon

mash it all up and eat it.

here is another one

first go out and find some wild nettle, dandelion flowers and leaves, and get some cabbage and make kimchi.

Cook some organic freerange chicken in a pan..chop it up nice and add a bit of organic red wine and a very tiny bit of maple syrup..then once the meat is mostly cooked, dice up a couple dandelion flowers and some leaves and throw them in. Do the same with a few nettle leaves..then pick some fresh basil and dice it up also and throw it in..dice up some onion and throw it in..and a bit of diced tomato as well..if the wine cooks off too fast add a bit of water.

Once the meat is cooked and the liquid is nearly entirely cooked down, add a bit of grass fed butter and stir it all for a minute. Then put it all into a bowl. After a few minutes(so the culture does not burn) add some of that kimchi and mix it around. Then eat.
Long live the unwoke.

sØrce
#16 Posted : 7/16/2013 5:05:58 AM

Gluten-Free Pancakes:

1/2 cup oats (whole, or non-instant are what I used)
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds

1 egg
2 tbsp sunflower oil
about 1/2 cup water (or milk)

Makes a handful of pancakes, or one giant pancake.

Place the oats and seeds in a portable coffee grinder and grind for about 10 seconds until powdery. (this also releases Omegas from flax seeds, which aren't normally accessible due to its shell which makes them virtually indigestible but useful as a source of non-soluble fiber)

Mix in a bowl with the egg oil and water or milk, adding the liquid slowly to reach a desired consistency, somewhere just shy of 1/2 c is legit.

You know what to do from there. (Butter the pan with real butter and flip 'em when the bubbles come through.) flip 'em the real way- take the pan and heave the whole dealy up and catch the pancake neatly with the other side down. Yell "hazzah!" when you flip 'em.

Serve topped with whatever: real maple syrup and diced apples, molasses and sliced bananas, strawberries and vanilla soy "yogurt", aloe vera juice and wheat grass and grubs, v̶a̶n̶i̶l̶l̶a̶ ̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶a̶n̶u̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶f̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶l̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶k̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶r̶r̶y̶

You can substitute many other grains for the oats- i've used some corn meal, rice, even added black beans. You don't have to cook them cuz grind em to powder. Oats are best tho, and oats as a base for other stuff is best too imo.

You can easily add your favorite herbs too- toast em in a warm pan until lightly browned to decarboxylate them, no oil needed. Then grind them and add 'em to the dry ingredients before mixing.
"The world is his, who can see through it's pretension...see it to be a lie, and you have already dealt it its final blow..." -Ralph W. Emerson

sØrce
#17 Posted : 7/17/2013 5:17:26 PM

Good Morning Head Changer aka "If Elvis Were Still Alive"

1 organically grown banana
1 c vanilla frozen yogurt (actual vanilla yogurt, frozen, is best)
2 tbsp ground chunky peanut butter (no jar stuff)
1 oz good quality Cacao (28g or about a third of a cup powdered)
1 c raw milk, or almond milk, or soymilk, ricemilk, flaxmilk, however you milk it.
A scoop of protein powder
A little bit of unrefined sugar or sugar cane juice to taste.

(Substitute 1/2 c coffee for a 1/2 cup milk if you want to further potentiate the phenethylamines in the cacao (MAOI), I'm not big on the PEA aspect, the other alkaloids are much more desirable to me than doing the jitterbug for 2 hours..)

You can use a scoop of coffee grounds too, just blend it beforehand in the milk until your milk is coffee-like.

Throw it all in a blender. Push random buttons on the blender and pretend you are shifting gears on a racecar. For even more fun, make your own motor noises while the blender is on. Your cat will probably think you're insane unless she is a kitten, then she will be used to all kinds of stuff that makes no sense really... and hang in most all situations.

An hour after you drink this, expect to be considerably high. Not at all incapacitating, but euphoric, insightful, focused and stimulated, feeling more open-hearted. Also, you'll have had a super good breakfast.

Chemical Brothers- Life Is Sweet

sØrce
#18 Posted : 7/17/2013 5:48:12 PM

Ok I know I'm jacking this thread but I have to post this or I'll forget the recipe.

Kombucha Spicy Dill Pickles:

1 quart jar
2 medium sized cucumbers
3 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
10 dried thai peppers or 5 fresh
Kombucha tea, 3-4 week brewed.
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp fresh chopped dill

Peel and slice the cukes, fill the jar 3/4 way. Add all the other stuff. Put the lid on, shake it for a minute. Unscrew the liz to release air pressure. Put it in the fridge. Take it out and shake it every once in a while.

This came out awesome I was wondering what I'd do with 25 cucumbers and gallons of kombucha.

adam
#19 Posted : 7/21/2013 9:11:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Simple Quinoa Recipe-

Boil quinoa add olive oil while boiling

afterwards add
-cucumber
-onion
-tomato
-chickpeas
-whatever else you like

-throw this all into a large fry pan and lightly sautee in olive oil, add sea salt, or my favorite himalayan salt.
-refrigerate and serve chilled.

Jamie how do you steam the potato?Embarrased ... that sounds like a good snack!

sØrce
#20 Posted : 7/24/2013 7:24:03 PM

Kombucha Strawberry Lemonade

Kombucha tea
a lemon
some strawberries

Tea and strawberries in your blender, squeeze in some lemon juice. Puree or Frappee or whatever the french word is for blend stuff.

Best summer drink

12NEXT