We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
They Finally arrived :) Options

smokerx
#1 Posted : 4/13/2012 7:50:55 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

After about two months waiting my B+ spores arrived Smile

I am very happy but I will need your help now Pleased

My plan is to go for PF tek easy for beginners. I have all the tools I need.

I guess I know what I am doing the only thing I wanted to ask about how much of spore suspension do you guys normally use per one jar. I read it should be 1 to 4 ml. What is your experience ?

Also how do I know how much of spore suspension should I make out of my prints ? How do I know when it is enough prints in sterile water ?

Should I use all my prints for making my spore syringe ?

Thank you friends Smile

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

behindthelight
#2 Posted : 4/14/2012 2:27:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You only need about 1cc per jar. Put a 1/4 cc in all 4 corners of the jar.

As far as making spore syringes out of prints, you only need to scrape about a max of 25% of the print. That will contains a ton of spores...you can't see them. Less is more.

un-known-ome
#3 Posted : 4/14/2012 2:48:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am 6 weeks into this exact process: B+ spores and the PF Tek. I received ready-to-inoculate syringes, however, requiring no extra preparation. I officially inoculated my jars on the 3rd of March or several days earlier and right now I have six cakes in a shotgun terrarium. No pinning as of yet, but I am confident it is only a matter of days. I will be making prints and syringes as well. For what it's worth, I have had no contamination, although things are running slightly behind schedule. I'll contribute whatever knowledge I can to your cause.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

behindthelight
#4 Posted : 4/14/2012 4:52:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I definitely prefer to do bulk grows....but I think the pf tek is a nice place for new people to start.

smokerx
#5 Posted : 4/14/2012 8:37:27 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

behindthelight wrote:
You only need about 1cc per jar. Put a 1/4 cc in all 4 corners of the jar.

As far as making spore syringes out of prints, you only need to scrape about a max of 25% of the print. That will contains a ton of spores...you can't see them. Less is more.

Thank you that is the info I needed
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

smokerx
#6 Posted : 4/14/2012 8:43:21 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

un-known-ome wrote:
I am 6 weeks into this exact process: B+ spores and the PF Tek. I received ready-to-inoculate syringes, however, requiring no extra preparation. I officially inoculated my jars on the 3rd of March or several days earlier and right now I have six cakes in a shotgun terrarium. No pinning as of yet, but I am confident it is only a matter of days. I will be making prints and syringes as well. For what it's worth, I have had no contamination, although things are running slightly behind schedule. I'll contribute whatever knowledge I can to your cause.

Congrat for that, do not forget to take some pics for us Smile

By the way did you use pressure cooker or did you steam sterilize in a pot ?

dtrypt
#7 Posted : 4/14/2012 2:47:33 PM

13.7 Billion Year Old Noob

all the best!

growing mushrooms is incredibly rewarding...

Felnik
#8 Posted : 4/14/2012 3:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck , be patient, work carefully.

Be over the top on sterility procedures, mold sucks
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

un-known-ome
#9 Posted : 4/14/2012 3:57:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

smokerx wrote:
un-known-ome wrote:

Congrat for that, do not forget to take some pics for us Smile

By the way did you use pressure cooker or did you steam sterilize in a pot ?

Thank you. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into but it's already been a thoroughly rewarding project and I haven't even flushed my cakes yet.

I opted for fractional sterilization in a steel pot over the course of three days. I believe that particular method might be superior to the pressure cooker, but either way will work. It's not an exact science or anything, so just set a burner on 3 or below and sterilize for over an hour approximately ever 24 hours. Once you've done that, leave the jars out for at least another day or perhaps longer to observe possible contamination. If steam sterilizing, be certain that there is a high enough water level that it does not all boil off, and also that you have lids placed beneath the jars.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

smokerx
#10 Posted : 4/14/2012 3:57:29 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

Thank you guys I will be very careful not to f..k it up Smile Cant wait to start but now I have to wait for more then a months cos I am going away in few weeks Sad and would not be able to be here for whole time.

Anyway I waited so long I can wait a bit longer those spores will not run away Smile Patience is the key

behindthelight
#11 Posted : 4/14/2012 4:56:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

un-known-ome wrote:
I opted for fractional sterilization in a steel pot over the course of three days. I believe that particular method might be superior to the pressure cooker, but either way will work.

nothing is better than a pressure cooker.....by far the best way to sterilize

ayalove
#12 Posted : 4/15/2012 1:54:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

behindthelight wrote:
un-known-ome wrote:
I opted for fractional sterilization in a steel pot over the course of three days. I believe that particular method might be superior to the pressure cooker, but either way will work.

nothing is better than a pressure cooker.....by far the best way to sterilize

I just bought a pressure cooker from big lots for 20$. Worth it IMO. I still havn't decided what strain I want though thinking either B+ or H3. Anyway good luck to all.
Love + Light
"for as long as there is love and light; I will fight for what is right; as a warrior with all my might; I will guarantee that hope shines bright" --Prayer of the Paladin

"If you labor, you are a "laborer", If you work on a farm, you are a "farmer", If you flow, you are a "flower""--Forest Sage

Community, Love and Passion Smile

behindthelight
#13 Posted : 4/15/2012 2:27:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah man, I have a $20 pressure cooker too and the thing works perfect. I have prepped a lot of grain jars and grain bags in it and it has worked every time with no issues.