We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Spirit Animal Options

Ms. Munki
#1 Posted : 4/12/2012 10:08:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How does one go about finding their spirit animal?
just be yourself... everyone else is already taken

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 4/12/2012 10:14:26 AM

I think it's pretty clear your spirit animal is a chihuahua.

Ms. Munki
#3 Posted : 4/12/2012 10:23:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LMAO!!!

SpartanII
#4 Posted : 4/12/2012 1:06:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you considered conjuring up a shaman or Ascended Master while in a lucid dream and asking him/her? I can think of no better place to ask than in Dreamtime! Smile

Korey
#5 Posted : 4/12/2012 5:36:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty sure I'm just a monkey. Smile
“The most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.”

AlbertKLloyd
#6 Posted : 4/12/2012 8:03:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My spirit animal is a human being.

jamie
#7 Posted : 4/12/2012 8:09:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have a few that come to me with ayahuasca. One is an owl..another looks like an eagle..butterflies also. I never like tried to meet them though. They just show up.

Few weeks ago I had a coyotee come to me and get me to follow him out of me body into some spirit world..
Long live the unwoke.

Ms. Munki
#8 Posted : 4/12/2012 9:06:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

do you think it's possible for a spirit animal to show up during a mushie trip?

Ritalin
#9 Posted : 4/12/2012 9:38:08 PM
Bigger is better but less is more.

I think I'm some kind of cat-frog. Not sure what that would look like, but it sounds awesome.
All Flows

Tek
#10 Posted : 4/12/2012 9:40:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Korey wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'm just a monkey. Smile

He was... just a... mon...key... ugh! -Frieza (Dragonball Z)

Sorry couldn't resist. Smile
All posts are from the fictional perspective of The Legendary Tek: the formless, hyperspace exploring apprentice to the mushroom god Teo. Tek, the lord of Eureeka's Castle, is the chosen one who has surfed the rainbow wave and who resides underneath the matter dome. All posts are fictitious in nature and are meant for entertainment purposes only.

Seldom
#11 Posted : 4/15/2012 4:45:14 AM

Wiradjuri

oranghumanzeebrihnocelotria viridis

jamie
#12 Posted : 4/15/2012 5:18:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ms. Munki wrote:
do you think it's possible for a spirit animal to show up during a mushie trip?

Sure why not? I think olympus mon said something about the mazatec shaman he was taking mushrooms with having pet birds(actaul physical birds) that were like spirit animals or something..
Long live the unwoke.

Dante
#13 Posted : 4/15/2012 2:14:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine are an owl and a stag, I met them during a drumming ceremony.

I find funny how people always have pretty animals as spirit helpers, I never heard of someone having a rat spirit helper Laughing
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

Ms. Munki
#14 Posted : 4/15/2012 5:05:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so i have to wait for it to come to me... as opposed to trying to summon it...

vardlokkur
#15 Posted : 4/16/2012 6:04:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it's more subconscious, though may be aesthetic. But many people claim that the animal chooses them. There's an interesting site on a modern form of ancient arts that included theriomorphic approaches towards ecstatic states, but it is grounded in alot of physical work as well as spiritual and mental. The physical techniques are an often overlooked approach, since it seems to be common that many people dissociate from the physical self and generally do not feel comfortable in their own skin. If you want to look more into it, follow the link below. The term somafera translates to 'body wild'.

Somafera - the body wild

The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

PrimalWisdom
#16 Posted : 4/16/2012 6:37:30 PM

Everything the light touches

I've often wondered about this.
During my pharma journeys I usually see a snake or dark cat like animal (jaguar maybe) Once I was the snake and the jaguar at me, I was then the jaguar, but I still felt snake-like.
I have also seen dogs, and cats (I really dislike cats so I thought that was weird) I have also seen a peacock/guinea fowl. Maybe they are all my spirit animals? Or maybe they are just what I see when I take psychedelics.

I don't feel like any of them have had any deep connection that made me go "Oh so that's my spirit animal" Who knows, maybe mine is still out there somewhere roaming the spirit world looking for me?

Peace
Sonorous fractal manifestastions,
birthing golden vibrations,
that echo through folds of space & time,
ferry my soul closer to God

Global
#17 Posted : 4/20/2012 11:29:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

On smoked DMT, I've met anacondas, lions, horses, and eagles, but that's just off the top of my head. I don't know if any of these would be considered my "power animal" though, as I'm really not sure what constitutes one or its importance.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

drob
#18 Posted : 4/20/2012 2:32:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experience (purely subjective!) animal guides come to you, rather than the other way round. Plus, it seems that you may have many different animal guides opposed to just one or two, that may come to you at various times to help with whatever particular area of life is relevant - while at the same time, they also seem to serve as representations of the different parts of your self. So, I guess there's a type of internal/external synergy going on.

Having said that, perhaps by voicing your intention to connect with them - via work with plant teachers and meditation etc you open yourself up to connecting with them, sooner or later.

Agave
#19 Posted : 4/20/2012 3:41:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perfect answer Drob. I might add that you can just stay open and mindful of the possibility of meeting animal and plant spirit guides of the lower realms as well as teachers from the middle and upper worlds. Apparently drum journeying works well for meeting animal totems. You may also want to check out Zuni fetishism and see what you're drawn to.
As Within, So Without.

Ez
#20 Posted : 6/26/2012 9:52:54 AM

"Love is the medicine."

Today a wolf came to me in a vision and then I was told to follow the wolf for guidance. Quite the experience. It was a crazy bond because I got to feel.what the wolf was feeling - it's hunger, feelings, and even senses of smell and vions of hunting for pray. I believe that this animal has been stalking me for a while now, before choosing to show its self.
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

12NEXT