We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Truth Regarding the Afterlives & the Meaning of Life Options

DMT Entity
#1 Posted : 1/6/2009 3:48:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an article that explains life on the eternal scale. It is written based on the information received from the mystic, Edgar Cayce. For those of you who don't know anything about Edgar Cayce, I can tell you that he was a true prophet/ psychic. I never believed in such things until I learned about this man. He had the education of a 9th grader yet when he went into trance you could ask him anything about the past, future, or present and he would answer the question in extreme detail. He diagnosed and cured illnesses, foresaw future events, and explained things that were still unknown to science but later on confirmed to be true. Basically, he has never been wrong. He gave over 14,000 prophecies/ psychic readings during his lifetime. If you would like to know more about him, watch the video on YouTube called The Other Nostradamus. Here is a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/w...7LPI&feature=related . A word of warning for anyone who is going to watch this video from this YouTube link: Stop watching at the 6 minute mark on part 3. There is such a thing as knowing too much, so please stop at that point!

Here is what Edgar Cayce had to say about the afterlives:
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce08.html

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

burnt
#2 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:02:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Who is to say that the planets are representations of afterlife realms? Who is to say that astrological events are controlling our emotions? I do not see a connection between the position of the moon with my mood. Yes female cycles can be regulated by the moon but our entire emotional system is not guided by the planets. That would make no sense for an organism to evolve to be so heavily influenced by the cycles of the planets. Or I guess this guy could argue that its the cycles of planets and the universe guiding evolution etc...but really this guy is just making stuff up based on a combination of christianity eastern philosophy and astrology all of which are loaded with nonsensical beliefs.

About his psychic abilities again people can make a lot of claims and diagnose all kinds of illness etc etc but that does not mean they are capable of reading someones thoughts directly or being able to tell the future. I don't see how its possible for someone to really see into the future. I really don't people can make all kinds of claims and vague suggestions but its just guessing. If I spent all day guessing and writing down a bunch of predictions I bet I'd get a number of them right depending on how it was worded.

Anyway I just don't see how its physically possible for someone to 'see' future events.

Quote:
Edgar Cayce (pronounced Casey) is known as one of America's greatest psychics. His followers maintain that Cayce was able to tap into some sort of higher consciousness, such as God or the akashic record, to get his "psychic knowledge." He used this "knowledge" to predict that California will slide into the ocean and that New York City will be destroyed in some sort of cataclysm. He predicted that in 1958 the U.S. would discover some sort of death ray used on Atlantis. Cayce is one of the main people responsible for some of the sillier notions about Atlantis, including the idea that the Atlanteans had some sort of Great Crystal. Cayce called the Great Crystal the Tuaoi Stone and said it was a huge cylindrical prism that was used to gather and focus "energy," allowing the Atlanteans to do all kinds of fantastic things. But they got greedy and stupid, tuned up their Crystal to too high a frequency and set off volcanic disturbances that led to the destruction of that ancient world. He made other predictions concerning such things as the Great Depression (that 1933 would be a good year) and the Lindbergh kidnapping (most of it wrong, all of it useless), and that China would be converted to Christianity by 1968. He also claimed to be able see and read auras, but this power was never tested under controlled conditions. However, Edgar Cayce is best known for being a psychic medical diagnostician and psychic reader of past lives.

Some other interesting comments about this man. http://skepdic.com/cayce.html
There are other sources for those quotes. Sounds like a number of mistakes made by the prophet eh?

About reading past lives you could literally say anything and someone has no choice but to believe you or not believe you theres no way to say anything about past lives if such a thing exists.

DMT Entity
#3 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:19:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah some of the things in the article aren't what Edgar Cayce said, such as the ones you stated. I use to believe that even God could not see what was going to happen in the future until I learned about Edgar Cayce.

You cannot dismiss most of his predictions as good guessing. Look at everything he accurately predicted. It's simply impossible. Besides, there is a loop-hole with his method of giving prophecies. He claimed that he got all his information from the Akashic Records. The Akashic Records is the store house for everything any human has ever known and will ever know. There are people who believe his prophecies in such an extent, that they "know" everything he said to be true. This knowledge would then be stored in the Akashic Records, even if it is false.

burnt
#4 Posted : 1/6/2009 3:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Yeah some of the things in the article aren't what Edgar Cayce said, such as the ones you stated. I use to believe that even God could not see what was going to happen in the future until I learned about Edgar Cayce.

Cool yea I just looked it up quick and could not back up those statements. I also saw them on some christian websites trying to discount him which is obviously biased.

Quote:
He claimed that he got all his information from the Akashic Records. The Akashic Records is the store house for everything any human has ever known and will ever know. There are people who believe his prophecies in such an extent, that they "know" everything he said to be true. This knowledge would then be stored in the Akashic Records, even if it is false.

And where lie these records? In space or some other dimension? That implies that human knowledge can exist outside the brain and there is so far no tangable evidence for such a thing.

blue_velvet
#5 Posted : 1/9/2009 8:06:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The future doesn't exist yet.

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 1/9/2009 11:14:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Quote:
And where lie these records? In space or some other dimension? That implies that human knowledge can exist outside the brain and there is so far no tangable evidence for such a thing.

so what is the internet? there is TONS of tangible evidence that human knowledge can exist outside of the brain..they are called books, movies, cds, computers, notepads....im sure you get the idea

but if there is a record of everything that could ever be..that is another question..and the only way to answer it is through experiencing it..because im sure you wont be able to bring back too much hard evidence..except by bringing back knowledge that you couldnt possibly fake..which it seems this cayce guy actually did..so a paradox if you ask me
it's a sound

burnt
#7 Posted : 1/9/2009 3:30:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
so what is the internet? there is TONS of tangible evidence that human knowledge can exist outside of the brain..they are called books, movies, cds, computers, notepads....im sure you get the idea

Actually yes let me reword, I think what I was intending to say is where could knowledge that doesn't exist because it has not happened yet be? And how could anyone have access to such a thing?

Quote:
but if there is a record of everything that could ever be..that is another question..and the only way to answer it is through experiencing it..because im sure you wont be able to bring back too much hard evidence..except by bringing back knowledge that you couldnt possibly fake..which it seems this cayce guy actually did..so a paradox if you ask me

Yes true hard evidence wouldn't come out. How could someone experience future events? It sounds a bit unrealistic although it seems thats what Cayce was doing how can anyone know what really was going on in his head? There are many other potential explanations of how he could predict future events. But yea honestly I don't know too much about this guy so I can't comment much on any specific cases. I don't agree Nostradamus was truly seeing the future either. His predictions were too vague.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 1/9/2009 6:19:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
blue_velvet wrote:
The future doesn't exist yet.

Is that true?
If it's gonna rain tomorrow, wouldn't it be a fact today, that it's gonna rain tomorrow?

burnt
#9 Posted : 1/9/2009 7:11:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Predicting the weather isn't so easy. No one mind can put together all those variables to predict 100% what the weather will be like on a daily basis.

But to assume that everything that is going to happen is going to happen regardless then we have no free will and will do what we are going to do anyway. I am not sure if thats true.

polytrip
#10 Posted : 1/9/2009 7:36:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
burnt wrote:
Predicting the weather isn't so easy. No one mind can put together all those variables to predict 100% what the weather will be like on a daily basis.

But to assume that everything that is going to happen is going to happen regardless then we have no free will and will do what we are going to do anyway. I am not sure if thats true.

I meant it more in a logical way then metereologically.
Maybe it's facts we don't know of. But it seems tempting to say that if it would rain tomorrow, the the statement "it's gonna rain tomorrow" would be a logical fact today.
In the sense that from a logical perspective there is no significant difference between factual statements that have been taking place at another time if that other time is the past and when it would be the future. It's still the same factual relation. So then it would be a fact today. An unknown fact, but still a fact.

burnt
#11 Posted : 1/10/2009 9:36:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^True

Too bad this guy isn't still alive. Thats the thing with a lot of these prophets there dead so no one can really just sit down with them and ask wtf is going on up there.

Except that john edwards guy on tv but I think hes a fake. Theres other people that are in tune with things like this that SWIM has met but SWIM also thinks they were a fake and just trying to get SWIM to cough up money for whatever predictions he was going to make. But then again maybe they weren't...

tryptographer
#12 Posted : 1/10/2009 10:19:15 PM

tryptamine photographer

[quote=Jorkest]
Quote:

But if there's nobody there to read the pages it's all meaningless, merely hardware code. The code requires an interpreter to make sense: consciousness.
Funny: none of those prophets predicted the internet as far as I know! Not even SF writers...

Assuming consciousness is not generated by matter, the idea of a universal storage of all knowledge and experience isn't so far-fetched. Some extreme trip reports remind me of just that: tapping into this vast database.

One can't dismiss subjective experience as non-scientific just because it's not objective. We all are witnesses to be taken seriously, we can talk! For example, we all agree dreaming is a real phenonomenon but it's not an experience that can be shared or verified. The same for the DMT experience...

DMT Entity, did you read this on that site you mentioned - the guy was dead for an hour and a half...
http://www.near-death.co...ces/reincarnation04.html
He claims dying is an interactive experience, his story almost reads like a good trip report. I'm wondering if our spice launches are a good preparation for the dying process?

â—‹
#13 Posted : 2/3/2009 7:37:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

tryptographer wrote:
[quote=Jorkest]
Quote:

But if there's nobody there to read the pages it's all meaningless, merely hardware code. The code requires an interpreter to make sense: consciousness.
Funny: none of those prophets predicted the internet as far as I know! Not even SF writers...

Assuming consciousness is not generated by matter, the idea of a universal storage of all knowledge and experience isn't so far-fetched. Some extreme trip reports remind me of just that: tapping into this vast database.

One can't dismiss subjective experience as non-scientific just because it's not objective. We all are witnesses to be taken seriously, we can talk! For example, we all agree dreaming is a real phenonomenon but it's not an experience that can be shared or verified. The same for the DMT experience...

DMT Entity, did you read this on that site you mentioned - the guy was dead for an hour and a half...
http://www.near-death.co...ces/reincarnation04.html
He claims dying is an interactive experience, his story almost reads like a good trip report. I'm wondering if our spice launches are a good preparation for the dying process?

Thats a pretty interesting read. Heres a excerpt from dmt-tribe.net:

American psychedelic pioneer and DMT guru Terence McKenna gave DMT to a Tibetan Buddhist monk, and after the experience was over, the monk told McKenna that it brought him to a place the Buddhists had seen many times through meditation, but he also stated that it was about as far as one could go into the Bardo and still return to the physical plane afterward.

Seeing that the Buddhist philosophy is very interesting and reading this (even though theres no conclusive evidence) Is still very interesting. I have read "The Tibetan Book of the Dead. And if theres any merit to that book, then this is pretty interesting to hear a buddhist talk about this being a pre show to the bardo (intermediate state between death and rebirth).

blue_velvet
#14 Posted : 2/6/2009 6:13:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about an "Akashic Record," but Ervin Laszlo proposes what he terms an "Akashic Field" that isn't just applicable to humans, but the objects, energies, and physical laws of our universe.

â—‹
#15 Posted : 2/7/2009 8:46:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

if you check out "the case against the elves" thread under general discussion, I had just posted some things regarding life,afterlife/lives, and reality. Alot of it comes from translation of a tibetan buddhist monk that had translated the key points out of the Bardo Thodol, or in other words, "The Tibetan Book of the Dead". Its interesting to say the least. Smile