We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro: etoilation during hibernation. Options

Mister_Niles
#1 Posted : 4/10/2012 4:10:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Or what I assumed to be hibernation. I am new to the ways of cactus. I have four San Pedro cuttings that I rooted last spring. I cut two 12" cuttings in half and rooted them. The ones with cut tops sprouted pups. Only one of the pups showed growth over the winter. I now have about 3" of pale, waxy looking growth on the top of one of my pups. What do I do?
Should I just cut it off? Should I leave it on? Will it ever get green, or will it just burn in the sun? Can I try to root the part that I cut off, if that's the solution?

If you need to saa pics, I will post them later. Thanks for the help.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 4/10/2012 4:16:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

mine did that too, except it was not pale..it it was a nice healthy blueish green color..so I dunno what this is about but I chopped mine and rooted it fine.

Long live the unwoke.