We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Clear Creek Options

maxzar100
#1 Posted : 4/10/2012 7:02:17 AM

Earth Child

Quite a mystical spot in Arizona. 53 miles out of Flagstaff and another 10-12 miles on rocky ol' logging roads.

I saw a very amazing feat of nature that I am still trying to figure out. As you can see in the picture, and old alligator juniper is vice gripping a Ponderosa pine, and literally crushing the tree. Yet the pine tree still struggles on, even though it has no hope of surviving the attack. The juniper tree has actually begun to wrap around the ponderosa as well, almost as if it is closing in on it. Very strange. Sometimes I wonder of the trees are much more complex then "science" has "proven".

The alligator juniper is truly an amazing tree, I have seen some that have had the cambium burned out from numerous fires, yet they still survive and thrive. Sometimes they do even better after a fire comes through. Living longer then 500 years, these trees have a very special "feel" to them as well. I encourage you all to lay against one and experience what I mean. Truly the "mother" of the juniper family.
maxzar100 attached the following image(s):
DSC05913.JPG (3,327kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
DSC05916.JPG (3,241kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Once
#2 Posted : 4/11/2012 2:43:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maxzar100,

Clear Creek is awesome! We usually go swimming at different spots down there in the summer. Are you from AZ or just passing through? Arizona is beautiful place, stuffed to the brim with magical wilderness.
I have always wanted to do the 3-5 day hike through West Clear Creek down to Sedona. I hear dozens of those miles are wading and swimming through the canyon. Gotta bring an intertube to float your pack for the long swims.
Anyway, I love Arizona and +1 for Clear Creek!
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.