We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some utterly stupid observation Options

Infundibulum
#1 Posted : 1/3/2009 11:44:23 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, this is my 666th post, possibly this is the best way to waste it;

I was browsing through the "games" section of the Nexus and I started playing Space Invaders. Pretty nifty game, after killing some tons of alien invaders I did a fair score. But a problem arose when I had to register my name on the High Scores table.

I chose to register my score under the name "Rapist". And for some reason the program told me that this name is not acceptable, damn!

This was frustrating. I found out I can register any other word or phrase, but nothing that contains the word "rapist". Even "rapist of aliens" was rejected, WTF?

Now I am on a quest to find other words that cannot be registered on the Space Invaders high score tables.

Has ever anyone else had similar problem? Has anyone else found other words that are forbidden to use? Any input would be greatly appreciated, I feel pretty confused and cheated.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 1/3/2009 12:57:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 1/3/2009 3:30:24 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Bloody hell no!

Just angry that my highscore did not get registered because I chose a name as such! I felt somewhat discriminated. Who on earth would ever add to the code of a game (esp. a flash game like space invaders) a command to reject some words like rapist???

I think we're hitting on a weird world conspiracy here...

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 1/3/2009 3:33:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hahahaha
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 1/3/2009 3:43:01 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

It gets weirder and weirder...

the entries "fake rapist" and "im no rapist" are not accepted either.

On the other hand, "hitler", "nazist", "fascist", "pedophile" and "paedophile" are perfectly acceptable. I urge more people to investigate this mystery as the plot thickens!

(...or I'll lose my sleep)

Edit: this is the kind of picture I encounter
Infundibulum attached the following image(s):
im no rapist.jpg (16kb) downloaded 149 time(s).

Cheeto
#6 Posted : 1/3/2009 8:49:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe one of the programmers put it in there to mess with people, if only one word was chose. They would have blocked more words if it where a name prevention mechanism, Its not that hard to prevent one word as to a list of words in programming, no matter what language. So if its only one word it was quickly added, since pedophile wasn't in there i doubt it was put there as a statement, so it had to just be a little program joke to fuck with people trying to use rapist in there name.
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 1/5/2009 9:06:02 AM

ModeratorChemical expert

This sucks quite a bit. I still believe that this is part of some world conspiracy however. Nothing can be found on google about this glitch.

You see guys, it is such an amazingly conspired conspiracy that no-one (yet!) knows about that!

Cheeto
#8 Posted : 1/5/2009 12:58:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
This sucks quite a bit. I still believe that this is part of some world conspiracy however. Nothing can be found on google about this glitch.

You see guys, it is such an amazingly conspired conspiracy that no-one (yet!) knows about that!

What would the conspiracy be about, rapistists in general not being able to save there name, but only if there tittle includes that they are a rapist. Will it allow "Rape"? Or "Raping" or Raped. Usally in a conspiracy something of importance is hidden or covered up, sure you can have a small conspiracy, but it dosen't really matter because it has no importance other than the people who want to include rapist in there name. This is what it would take in VB to get rid of rapist, other languages could actually squeeze it in 2 lines or maybe one.

For START = 1 To Len(NAMETEXT)
On Error Goto ERROR1
If LCase(Mid(NAMETEXT, START, 6)) = "rapist" Then Goto DONTSAVE
Next START
End Sub
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

The Traveler
#9 Posted : 1/5/2009 3:04:48 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Cheeto wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

What would the conspiracy be about, rapistists in general not being able to save there name, but only if there tittle includes that they are a rapist. Will it allow "Rape"? Or "Raping" or Raped. Usally in a conspiracy something of importance is hidden or covered up, sure you can have a small conspiracy, but it dosen't really matter because it has no importance other than the people who want to include rapist in there name. This is what it would take in VB to get rid of rapist, other languages could actually squeeze it in 2 lines or maybe one.

On Error Goto ERROR1
Next START
End Sub

In C# the click event for the savebutton would include something like this:
Code:

if (textBoxName.Text.ToUpper().IndexOf("RAPIST") != -1)
{
    HandleMessage("Sorry, your player name is not allowed.");
    return;
}

But what actually is happening is something like this:
Code:

if (textBoxName.Text.ToUpper().IndexOf("RAPIST") != -1) &&
    IP == BlacklistedPeople.List("ThatDudeThatKeepsGettingHighscoresByRapingOurInvaders").IP)
{
    HandleMessage("Sorry, your player name is not allowed.");
    return;
}

btw, connecting RAPING and space INVADERS gives rise to some doubtfull thoughts...

All with a Pleased of course

Infundibulum
#10 Posted : 1/5/2009 3:39:32 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

Cheeto wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

On Error Goto ERROR1
Next START
End Sub

SUCCESS!! rape, raped and raping are not allowed either! But I still believe it is a conspiracy. To be more precise, I'm almost 99.5% convinced that this is the most sinister conspiracy ever conceived and conspired against human race. What makes it so evil and vile is the fact that:

A) it is not a standard conspiracy
B) it seems phenomenally silly, naive and pointless and
C) it cannot be yet understood by common sense human thinking

These are the qualities of a conspiracy conspired in such a way so as to be safely attributable to the most dastardly minds ever found in the universe. And the conspired conspiracy must be loomed with such mastery and evil-doing in the mind that imminent investigation from us is imperative.

Ever wondered why space invaders became such a popular game?

Ever wondered why so many people crave for a space invaders high score?

Ever wondered why no matter how many you kill they ALWAYS comeback?

Ever wondered WHY you need to destroy those "invaders"

Ever wondered why do you keep playing the game? They ALWAYS win, this is the rule.

It is time to move this post to a more serious section, like the pub.

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 1/5/2009 5:37:29 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Infundibulum wrote:
Ever wondered why space invaders became such a popular game?

Can you imagine how boring that time must have been to think Space Invaders is COOL!

Infundibulum wrote:
Ever wondered why so many people crave for a space invaders high score?

I'm afraid that's just one too many. Pleased

Infundibulum wrote:
Ever wondered why no matter how many you kill they ALWAYS comeback?

They don't come back they just send new ones. Much like the end of WWII: the USA could create new boats faster then the Germans could sink.

Infundibulum wrote:
Ever wondered WHY you need to destroy those "invaders"

It was a misunderstanding, the space dudes accidently replaced the words "in peace" with "to rape you". Years later they found out it was a glitch in their OS which, by a complete and utterly fascinating coincidence, is called "Windows".

Infundibulum wrote:
Ever wondered why do you keep playing the game? They ALWAYS win, this is the rule.

What? You say you can LOOSE this game? Maybe thats why I never got to put my name in for a highscore?

BTW, did you try R.A.P.I.S.T. already?

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 1/6/2009 12:03:07 AM

ModeratorChemical expert

Hahaha!

I am VERY EXCITED! I found out that the words fuck, fucker, fucking etc cannot be registered in the space invaders high scores.

I also tried R.A.P.I.S.T. , however, you cannot add comas, colons, semicolons, fullstpos etc. in the high score name.

Infundibulum
#13 Posted : 1/6/2009 3:58:59 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

More words have been discovered!

The game deliberately rejects the words cunt, pussy, dick, cock, penis and ass!

It does not reject the word twat, so we know the programmer is not british.

Interestingly, it also rejects the word cockroach, while on the other hand it accepts the words butt and anus. Pretty strange since ass is rejected!

Aegle
#14 Posted : 1/11/2009 4:23:56 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

The Traveler I totally agree Smile
This is the weirdest post that i have ever come across lol

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart