We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Liver flush Options

bub
#1 Posted : 4/2/2012 8:10:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm preparing my body for an ayahuasca session later this year and planning on doing a liver flush.

Basically, you drink a litre of apple juice for 6 days. The apple juice contains malic acid which softens any liver stones. On the sixth day you drink epsom salts, olive oil and grapefruit juice which flushes your body of any stones.

I am wondering if anyone has done this and found it beneficial? Would be interested to read your thoughts and experience.

taina naina nainí

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

a1pha
#2 Posted : 4/2/2012 8:45:47 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

bub wrote:
Basically, you drink a litre of apple juice for 6 days. The apple juice contains malic acid which softens any liver stones. On the sixth day you drink epsom salts, olive oil and grapefruit juice which flushes your body of any stones.

I don't know about it actually getting stones out as I've never seen one (or had them?)... but, I've been preaching this for years!

This method will get SOOO much 'gunk' out of you and is absolutely wonderful before an aya journey. In fact, I cannot go very deep without flushing my body first with this method or just some epsom salt the day before.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Shaolin
#3 Posted : 4/2/2012 8:53:14 PM

Stiletto Stoner

Food for thought.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#4 Posted : 4/3/2012 12:06:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think those so called flushes will hurt you... but the liver and gall bladder don't quite respond to apple juice like some folks claim. If you believe malic acid works, why not take it in concentrated form instead?

I am pretty skeptical of this, considering the ingredients involved and their ability to form stone-like materials you excrete, EVEN WITHOUT prior stones...

But hey, a quick fast involving fresh apple juice, olive oil and fresh grapefruit juice is pretty darn good for you anyhow. Should be within the very low sodium tenets of dieta, so go for it!

Good quackwatch article btw, Shaolin.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

vardlokkur
#5 Posted : 4/10/2012 5:01:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Milk thistle extract (active compound silymarin I believe) is known to help detoxify the liver as well as prevent damage. It has shown benefits in workers who had been exposed to industrial solvents over many years, and in conjunction with other treatments showed promise in studies involving death cap mushroom poisoning. The studies involving workers were actually subjected to repeated exposure to toluene and xylene, soooooo may want to consider taking some milk thistle before doing pulls if you're worried about inhaling solvents. Wink

I'll have to read up on the apple juice flush, sounds simple enough!
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

۩
#6 Posted : 4/10/2012 7:15:50 PM

Coffee also cleanses the liver.

Pup Tentacle
#7 Posted : 4/10/2012 7:48:54 PM

lettuce

۩ wrote:
Coffee also cleanses the liver.

Oh that's too easy.... Very happy
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

۩
#8 Posted : 4/11/2012 12:04:48 AM

Maybe so. A lot of good things in life seem to be pretty easy.

jamie
#9 Posted : 4/11/2012 3:05:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

coffee cleans the liver when it is used in an enema. Alot of herbalists will tell you this, but that it does not do this much at all when it is drunk. I dont know the specifics behind it though, but the concensus I have heard is that drinking it is not so great but enemas are really super detoxifying becasue of how they stimulate the movement of bile somehow.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#10 Posted : 4/11/2012 3:10:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Also..while I dont always put much stock in everything quackwatch puts on their site, I have read alternative theories about what is going on with this apparent "liver flush"..I dont remember it is any detail but if you do a google serarch I am sure you will find these theories that basically debunk the idea that any actaul liver stoned are comming out of you..apparently these stones are something else..I cant really say from experience though.

I would just juice feast or go completely fruitarian for a month and drink lots of water. I was never really great at dealing with any other sort of cleanses though. I get insane calorie cravings and headaches.

Some people do nettle detox..and this is the season for nettles....they are all over right now..
Long live the unwoke.

bub
#11 Posted : 4/12/2012 1:13:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for all your answers.

I'm going to try a apple juice, epsom salt flush starting Monday. This was the method explained to me whilst at a retreat in Peru. I did speak to one person who had done this whilst there. Stones of some sort were certainly passed and the person reported extremely positive results.

With regards to Kambo, is this the same as Sapo? I was ready to experience this. A chief from a neighbouring village came to visit us to hold a Sapo ceremony but on inspection deemed the Sapo sticks to be to old for use. I am hoping to try this next year.

I'll post my results for the flush next weekend.

bub
taina naina nainí

rOm
#12 Posted : 4/12/2012 8:31:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BUB, I did the liver flush as you described it twice.
I did expell stones hundreds of them each time. I think this "cure" works.
But also some enemas are great, maybe in association and or kambo as KIAP poited.
Do it bub, it's great to make your best detoxifying yourself, for you, and before the purges of ayahuasaca/iboga etc...
It's also a very good way to work on a healing path. doing such diet, then drinking aya tea can make a great set & setting exemple.

Peace,

rOmeo.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 4/12/2012 10:29:34 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

rOm, did you check the link from Shaolin?

The expelled stones should be tested to check if they are really liver stones or not. Else this might be a treatment that gives a refreshing feeling but may not expel any liver stones at all.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

polytrip
#14 Posted : 4/12/2012 10:45:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
These liver stones are chunks of fat, formed from the ingested olive oil....or at least, that´s what they are according to professor in food and health sciences martijn katan.

He claims that, when you ingest a lot of olive oil, the same proces happens in the body, as when you store olive oil in a cold place...these fats sort of precipitate, forming white chunks.

a1pha
#15 Posted : 4/12/2012 10:53:04 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

^^ I've actually never used the olive oil -- which is maybe why I've never seen "stones"? Irregardless, flushing with epsom salt alone is great and enhances the detail of my trips tremendously.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Bancopuma
#16 Posted : 4/12/2012 11:11:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really interesting you say that Mr polytrip, on a random tangent, but had some extra virgin olive oil recently and it had lots of this thick white gloopy precipitate at the bottom of the bottle, had never encountered this before and wasn't sure what it was...sounds to me like we're describing the same thing.

jungleheart
#17 Posted : 4/13/2012 2:23:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
Also..while I dont always put much stock in everything quackwatch puts on their site, I have read alternative theories about what is going on with this apparent "liver flush"..I dont remember it is any detail but if you do a google serarch I am sure you will find these theories that basically debunk the idea that any actaul liver stoned are comming out of you..apparently these stones are something else...

I totally agree with jamie here. I did the cleanse myself, and stones did come out, but I don't know if it is actually healthy to do. I have read that the stones are created by the olive oil, so I am suspicious of the benefits.

MaNoMaNoM
#18 Posted : 12/1/2013 8:02:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IDK about all that liver flushing. Looks like nobody really knows.....
and bub never reported back soO, must not have been that great.

Anyway, i just wanted to write something about epson salt without starting a new thread.
Epson salt is magnesium sulphate, and so magnesium can be helpful as an anti-depressant.
This could possibly account for the feeling refreshed after doing all the liver flushes.

Once i met this rainbow lady who mentioned that baking soda made for a great shower,
and would help cleanse my aura.
This was probably just her nice way of telling me i needed to take a shower,
hah, which iam sure i probably did at that time.
Well, i tried it and sure enough, it makes a really good aura soap! And soap in general.

Recently, i found that epson salt works even better, and is a proven anti-depressant!
It could be psychological, but i really feel refreshed, happy even, after using it as a soap.
Plus it makes your skin feel all soft and smooth!
Love
I wouldn't write an epson salt essay for nothing!
*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

astralspice
#19 Posted : 12/6/2013 2:49:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done this same flush 3 times and am going for a 4th soon... actually there is a book on this by andreas moritz

http://www.jokebook.com/...ng%20Liver%20Cleanse.pdf
REALITY 5.0

doodlekid
#20 Posted : 12/8/2013 12:19:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did a liver cleanse last week. It was a follow up on a kambo treatment on my liver. Had this nasty stinging liver for weeks so I did it cause when it comes to these things there isn't much documented proven and readily available treatments. All in all I've seen pink stones come out...

The logic behind this cleanse is clear though: Apple acid softens the stones that can be present in both liver and gall bladder. Epson salt widens the channels so they can exit. The mixture of olive-oil & grapefruit juice will provoke release of gall that in turn flush the stones out.

I've read Shaolin's link, even before - I sought out a lot about it. In the end I rely on my own experience. A friend of mine once had the nice idea to present me a really big one he saved for display, really nasty thing. To say it's the olive oil cluttered didn't satify as an explanation. Neither for those pink ones I detected (mhh nice investigation that is...)

Though I must say that kambo is really the king when it comes to detoxing. However a liver cleanse has lesser demands on your physique though...

12NEXT