We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First oral harmalas attempt Options

tripwire
#1 Posted : 3/30/2012 4:46:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Probably no surprises here for anyone, but for completeness I thought I'd share my results.

I mixed up 105mg of freebase harmalas (mansked from rue) with some orange juice and drank on empty stomach. It tasted pretty rough. I waited 10 minutes and then ate a pizza as I was feeling hungry. An hour after drinking the potion i noticed a slight increase in heartbeat and a warm, passionate glow. I then smoked a small spliff which seemed to combine with the harmalas. Closed eye patterning and even open eye patterning appeared on visually disruptive surfaces.

And not the slightest trace of nausea. Nothing. I smoked more spliffs over the course of the evening and remember getting highly stoned with none of the usual paranoia at this level of effect.

The remarkable thing to me is that I cannot believe a mere doubling of this dose would cause any nausea either. Which will be my next step, without changing any other parameters unless i'm advised otherwise.

Peace and Light to all xx

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/30/2012 5:26:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

100-200 mg is not really a large dose of harmalas at all, though it is usually enough for some effects and to activate DMT. I think that in alot of junlge ayahuasca there is sometimes like 500-1000mg harmalas..with the harmaline content in some rue though I would say more like 500 or maybe 600mg.

At full on flood doses of harmalas you will leave your body into the spirit world and be so sick you can barely move..usually I just want to crawl around when I have to move and usually that is just to reach my puke bucket or water..

You dont need to shoot for doses like that though Smile ..even 100mg of harmalas can be really nice, dreamy and healing..

There is a point with harmalas where nausea is just unavoidable. At this dose when you close your eyes it is also common that you will feel a sense of movement and acceleration and visual landscapes open up that you are basically flying or moving though. This sense of motion make my head really really spin if I open my eyes and try to move around..these are large doses that produce true visions though. Doses like this can approximate true jungle ayahuasca and can be very difficult so keep that in mind.
Long live the unwoke.

gibran2
#3 Posted : 3/30/2012 1:20:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

tripwire wrote:
The remarkable thing to me is that I cannot believe a mere doubling of this dose would cause any nausea either. Which will be my next step, without changing any other parameters unless i'm advised otherwise.

Peace and Light to all xx

I’m very sensitive to harmala nausea, and even for me 100mg of caapi extracted alkaloids doesn’t cause any discomfort at all. 200mg can go either way – minor nausea that resolves itself quickly, or moderate nausea that persists throughout the entire experience. 250+ mg and I’m guaranteed to be sick throughout the experience. Unfortunately, I seem to need a higher than average dose of harmalas to fully activate DMT, so severe illness is almost always a part of my pharma experiences. Sad
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

rOm
#4 Posted : 3/30/2012 2:15:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

200mg is the higher dosage for me without nausea. 300 normally is making motion sickness, though it' very visionnary as that dose.
So while doubling it isn't always wise, with 210mg you shoudl be fine or sick but it shouldn't be dangerous. Unless you'reon medication or with bad drug interaction where everything is possible, keep in mind when using harmalas.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

ragabr
#5 Posted : 3/30/2012 3:33:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

I’m very sensitive to harmala nausea, and even for me 100mg of caapi extracted alkaloids doesn’t cause any discomfort at all. 200mg can go either way – minor nausea that resolves itself quickly, or moderate nausea that persists throughout the entire experience. 250+ mg and I’m guaranteed to be sick throughout the experience.

Gibran2, have you ever tried dramamine before your oral harmala experiences? It helps so much with iboga nausea, I wouldn't be surprised that it helped with harmala nausea as well.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

gibran2
#6 Posted : 3/31/2012 1:13:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

ragabr wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

I’m very sensitive to harmala nausea, and even for me 100mg of caapi extracted alkaloids doesn’t cause any discomfort at all. 200mg can go either way – minor nausea that resolves itself quickly, or moderate nausea that persists throughout the entire experience. 250+ mg and I’m guaranteed to be sick throughout the experience.

Gibran2, have you ever tried dramamine before your oral harmala experiences? It helps so much with iboga nausea, I wouldn't be surprised that it helped with harmala nausea as well.

I've tried lots of different remedies, but never dramamine. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the tip!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

DudeMeetTyler
#7 Posted : 3/31/2012 2:55:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you do face some nausea try some ginger extract the next time (natural gravol tabs), it works well to combat nausea.. apparently just eating slices of ginger works too

apparently lemon oil extracts work even better though i have never tried it myself
"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be a sorry state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"

"My orders were to test the drug...It works" Bass Association by Far Too Loud

Profile Picture by David Aronson, http://www.alchemicalwedding.com/index.html

corpus callosum
#8 Posted : 3/31/2012 6:20:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

gibran2 wrote:
ragabr wrote:
gibran2 wrote:

I've tried lots of different remedies, but never dramamine. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the tip!

Dramamine, the brand-name, consists of the sedating anti-histamine diphenhydramine and a chlorinated theophylline; using MAOIs with such an anti-histamine requires caution as there is a risk of potentiating its anticholinergic effects such as dry mouth, racing heart, increased sedation and sometimes confusion.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

aliendreamtime
#9 Posted : 3/31/2012 4:21:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very Interesting tripwire! I'll have to investigate this manske tek.

jamie
#10 Posted : 3/31/2012 5:25:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I had to take diphenhydramine once while on mushrooms due to an allergic reaction to some mold growing in a colonizing jar that I stupidly opened.

I would not reccomend anyone take diphenhydramine. It felt gross and not good for the human body to be honest. I would never want to use it with harmalas. I think it would sort of cut out the healing glow..also polytrip had a report a while back where he mixed some pharma anti cholinergic drug like this with harmalas to cut nasuea and said it felt really dangerous to do that. This is not reccomended.
Long live the unwoke.