We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The Power of the Mind Options

'Coatl
#1 Posted : 12/29/2008 8:47:09 PM

Teotzlcoatl

The power of the mind is amazing...

I used to have anxiety attacks after a really horrible 'shroom trip and I would just staight up start tripping balls for no reason, full blown open eye visuals and this is months after I did these 'Shrooms... at first I thought it was flashbacks but then realized that there was no way the chemical was still effecting me over a month later... so I thought maybe I was sick... and then I realized it was all in my head! Its hard for people to believe that such powerful things can be produced just by ones mind... I have friends who say "no but dude, I REALLY felt it"... and I'm sure he did, but it was produced by your mind! Not anything esle!

Its kinda like another friend who thinks he has ADD, I keep telling him its just in his head, but "No dude, its really there, its like I concentrate"....

"IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAD!!!!"

(Sorry for crazy rambling post)
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tryptographer
#2 Posted : 1/3/2009 9:21:48 PM

tryptamine photographer

'Coatl wrote:

"IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAD!!!!"

(Sorry for crazy rambling post)

No crazy rambling at all!
I never had such a powerful flashback but this supports the view that psychedelics don't do anything on their own, they are merely catalysts, tools.

Watched a video yesterday in which Sasha Shulgin talks about just that near the end:
http://www.youtube.com/w...yax8&feature=related

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 1/3/2009 9:34:03 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I believe if you train hard enough you can trip without any drugs/entheogens at all!!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 1/5/2009 5:34:41 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Example- Gave friend "Ayahuasca" (really just some nasty drink I picked up at the store mixed with some food :lolSmile Friend trips then hes told "That isn't really Ayahuasca man" Friend argues- "This must be Ayahuasca, I'm tripping nuts" and continues to lay down and "trip", even describes the visuals he saw... to this day he will not believe me that I didnt give him any Ayahuasca...

THE POWER OF THE MIIIIIIND!!!!

burnt
#5 Posted : 1/6/2009 3:27:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

You can give people pieces of paper and say there is acid on it and they will swear they tripped. They just got confused it happens. While I think its possible to go on some kinds of trips without drugs I don't think its possible to produce the same exact kind of effects as an ayahuasca or acid trip without taking those substances.

bufoman
#6 Posted : 1/6/2009 3:43:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

SWIM knows of plenty of people who have been ripped off and where sold fake shrooms or fake hits (when younger) and knew it was fake because nothing happened. Some people of course do exhibit the placebo effect though but many are able to tell.

burnt
#7 Posted : 1/6/2009 4:37:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^True I guess SWIM is talking more about the kind of people who try and get you too buy the fake stuff they just bought. perhaps they are a bit motivated to make it "real"

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 1/6/2009 4:46:15 AM

Teotzlcoatl

It's more than placebo, I think with practice you can trip with your mind alone.

burnt
#9 Posted : 1/6/2009 4:49:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you mean replicate lets say the effects of lsd? There are many forms of what could be considered altered states of consciousness. But to replicate the effects of a psychedelic drug purely by focusing intentions/mind? Sounds a bit far out. Has SWIM done this?

'Coatl
#10 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:03:21 AM

Teotzlcoatl

It used to happen when I would have "psychedelic panic attacks" after one hell of a horrible trip (up to a number months later), I could not control when or where it happened or the intensity.

Now I cannot control the intensity (most of the time it's rather weak) but I have learned to control when the experience is induced. Remember this is without any drugs at all.

burnt
#11 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:10:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could this be attributed to some kind of "flashback" or HPPD (hallucination persisting something disorder) like problem?

'Coatl
#12 Posted : 1/6/2009 5:15:05 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I have no idea.

It only happens in heighted states of mind (such as an axiety attack) or if I induce it, or trip (of course).

jamie
#13 Posted : 1/9/2009 5:48:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I get anxiety from dosing over my normal range with cannabis at times, and they bring back the negative effects that I have expeiences with high doses of psilocybin sometimes..I once had anxiety and HPPD for a few days after a aya session that kept me up looping all night..I just think these things are imprints, I work them out with cannabis and drumming/guitar, or smoked DMT.
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 1/9/2009 7:22:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM has 'hppd' all the time...there seems to always be some sort of grid across everything..and when SWIM looks at any sort of flat surface..he can see hundreds of detailed faces almost painted onto the surface..these faces are extremely detailed..with shadowing and hairlines..these are mostly faces SWIM doesnt recognize..and its interesting because its been happening for at least a week..and on and off throughout the day..

it seems to work the best when staring at a dirty cement floor..granted this could just be SWIM's mind..but he has a feeling it has to do with all the bufotenine he has been smoking..
it's a sound

burnt
#15 Posted : 1/9/2009 2:56:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^SWIM used to get similar effects when younger and doing acid on a regular basis.

Sounds like hppd then Coatl. However hppd doesn't really mean much because it could really just all be in your mind. But it is a documented condition that can be caused by psychedelic drug use.

polytrip
#16 Posted : 1/9/2009 6:16:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think, with powerfull, visual psychedelics, you become more aware of how your visual system works. I find it plausible that ecerybody has these 'hallucinations', but that most people just ignore them because they're not aware of them.
I know of a guy who meditated all his life and who never did any psycho-active substance. He had an experience, and the way he described it sounded very much like a chemically induced state of mind; he saw and felt everything vibrating and he saw energy's and colours everywhere. he believed that he could feel every molecule in his body.
Maybe you can train your brain to release DMT, or maybe it's something else. Nevertheless, i believe that if you meditate for several hours a day, for a longer period of time it might indeed be possible to acces these states of mind in a more natural way. Would take years of practice though.

'Coatl
#17 Posted : 1/9/2009 6:22:28 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Exactly Polytrip.

burnt
#18 Posted : 1/9/2009 7:07:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Maybe you can train your brain to release DMT, or maybe it's something else. Nevertheless, i believe that if you meditate for several hours a day, for a longer period of time it might indeed be possible to acces these states of mind in a more natural way. Would take years of practice though.

Yes but it is still a chemical change taking place in the brain that is inducing the state of mind. The state of mind is making the chemical changes as well.

But to induce an lsd experience one needs to take lsd. Without lsd things will only be comparable to lsd but not exactly like taking lsd itself. For the same types of reasons that lsd is different then mushrooms.

When you see the floor meld together while not tripping its not exactly like tripping but its comparable in that visual sense. Perhaps a similar part of the brain gets effect but its still not like tripping in the sense that you trip when you are on lsd.

Cheeto
#19 Posted : 1/9/2009 8:51:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've had a dream where i took acid and it actually felt like i was triping on acid. I've always been able to do something crazy, not sure what it is really, but i can bring on a small trip by thought. Its kinda like an anxiety feeling/rush feeling that i can build up somehow. I can make myself feel like i'm about to burst with intention which jacks up my heart beat rate, or i can kinda zone out and forget everything and my heart rate goes down low. I've also looked in the mirror while doing it and saw that my pupils diolate when i do it, intention or calmness. As far as visuals, its not visuals i would say, but kinda is, everything sparkels and i can see every color in everything in sparkels, affter doing it so long i can see these sparkels all the time. While focusing like that i can see like shaded colors moving around, but there shaded not vivid. It looks kinda like TV static but its millions of needle tip sized sparkels of every color. Ha, i just though about this, but its kinda like i can see the light spectrom, being able to see all the different colored photons bouncing around. But the more times i trip from drugs the more pronounced they are. If i just zone out and forget everything i feels also like i'm triping, the buzz part, and with my eyes open, within a few seconds everything will go black, eyes open but can't see. Its hard to stay unfocused of everything when it starts going black, but i have done a couple of times. It feels like a DMT trip sounds when my vision goes out, its like i have a buzz that its rapidly getting stronger, only without drugs when you have a thought you straight again. Doing either one is hard to keep in that mode longer than 5 seconds, usally only 2-3, the calming down and blacking out. The anxiety rush feeling i can hold forever, but if i try to make it as intence as possible i end up having to move and its like a short burst of intence energy.
They say that shit floats, but mine sinks....why?? I guess i'm just into some heavy shit!

burnt
#20 Posted : 1/10/2009 9:32:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Regardless I do think the more psychedelics or meditation / mind calming type things one practices the more sensitive one is to these kinds of states (as all us swimmers have pointed out). I just want to point out that the state is different depending on whats in your body and what causes it. some might argue this is some kind of mental illness and call it HPPD or whatever but it doesn't really mean much. The only time I can see this being a problem if its 1. too intense or 2. scary.

12NEXT