We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
israel/palestine Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 12/29/2008 8:08:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I think it's clear that on the one hand nobody could expect from any government anywhere, to accept missile attacks from some hamas like organization.
On the other hand however, it is clear to me that the israeli government does not care much about the consequences of it's actions.
It's politics in dealing with palestinians, leans for at least 50% on military power, i would say.
It's military supremacy is, since this is in the end based on economic supremacy, not a sustainable position.
Israel's relative economic power will be over with, within 2 decades, if not within 1. At the same time, america's economic dominance will decline as well and at some moment in time it will be impossible for america to continue it's middle-east policy, if only for financial reasons. An example of this would be the 20 billion dollars, egypt receives annualy from the U.S. At some moment in time, the U.S. will have to cut it's expences and maybe this will mean that the bribes, the egyptians receive will be discontinued.
So then the mubarak government will have to adopt a more anti-israel policy if they want to stay in power.
Anyway, i think israel is on a road to nowhere amd so are the palestinian authorities.
Even if this would not have consequences for the rest of the world, the situation in this piece of mediteranean coastland, is inhumane in every way.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 12/30/2008 1:34:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Its a very messed up situation and both sides are to blame. The arab nations pointing fingers at Isreal could have done a lot more to help palestinians when they first became refugees after the initial war when israel was formed and their side lost. Just like the jews did to help the refugees that were kicked out of every arab nation. But they didn't they let them rot in refugee camps for years upon years.

Isreal could do more to help the people in these regions instead of forcing them into poverty and leaving them no choice but to fight for their freedom. But I unfortunately think that their government and the extremists in their own country could care less about the palestinians and would be content with a massive war to eliminate them. Sad but true.

No one can change the past and all the wrong doings on both sides. The arab nations can't annahilate isreal it just won't happen even if they got no support from the west. I think half the reason the west gets so involved is to prevent isreal from going on an all out rampage (because I am sure they want too).

The west should just stop throwing money at both sides arab and isreal. Let them sort out their own problems. If the arab nations want to support the palestinians (although i honestly don't think they really care its just a political issue to keep their populations focused on a common enemy instead of their own corrupt governments) they will. If isreal wants to bomb the whole region they will suffer the consequences. Its that simple there is no way the west can keep throwing money or diplomats at either side to solve this issue. The west has screwed it up enough.

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 12/30/2008 12:53:32 PM

The Great Namah

Isreal and palistine make me sad.

Sorry I can't offer more insight or even some type of productive conversation, but I've given up all hope that any type of peace will happen in my lifetime over there.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

magic clown
#4 Posted : 1/8/2009 11:41:35 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Right now I have absolutely no sympathy for Hamas. It is an organization with no interest in peace before the total destruction of Israel. They have rejected any kind of reconciliation with the Fatah led Palastinian Authority, let alone Israel. They decieded to take on the Israeli military despite warnings from Egypt. They have played straight into Israels hands. 700 Palastinians die for the cost of 12, they will rightly lose suport from their own people.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Aegle
#5 Posted : 1/8/2009 11:59:33 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Its so sad how people seem to constantly seek to destroy each other, we are all one and part of a collective unconscious. So in essence people are killing and destroying themselves. Sad

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

polytrip
#6 Posted : 1/8/2009 3:27:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Both sides seem to have an irrational belief in their own victory. That hamas is an organization of crazy radicals is something nobody would doubt, even when they have some social and healthcare branches.
Unfortunately the israeli's do not act in a very rational manner as well. Their disproportionate actions are by themselves unnacceptable from a humane point of view (not just my opinion but also that of totally neutral organizations such as the international red-cross), but they seriously risk to destabilize their own country and even the entire region. Their military and economic dominance is unsustainable anyway.
I don't know why they sent tony blair to this place. If words could have resolved this situation, it already would have been peacefull and quiet there.

magic clown
#7 Posted : 1/8/2009 9:18:45 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

Maybe they sent Tony Blair, hopeing he might catch a bullet.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

polytrip
#8 Posted : 1/8/2009 9:55:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

magic clown wrote:
Maybe they sent Tony Blair, hopeing he might catch a bullet.

He might be capable enough for this. He certainly knows all there is to know about spinning.