We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
What does everyone here do for a living? Options

drunken_mexican
#1 Posted : 3/22/2007 1:24:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm just curious what kind of jobs you dreamers here hold. Are there any college graduates or students? Or anyone with certain trade skills? I've been going to college for about 4 years now, part time. I'm about to finish my associates this semester... if I can survive anatomy class. I've been working part-time at pizza hut until my car blew up a couple weeks ago, now I'm at a standstill.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

cilosyb
#2 Posted : 3/22/2007 1:31:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I went to school for a year and a term and decided to take some time off. I also have a helicopter liscense and am/was close to being commercial/instrument/CFI rated, but this is pushed back a few years at least due to legal problems I've had and my own choice to not pursue this while still heavily interested in psychedelics. Currently I'm sort of traveling around and writing a book. Hoping to land a job for the season and finish my book.
DivineMedicinalTechnology

angryanus
#3 Posted : 3/22/2007 6:39:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

full time student at uiuc that is about to fail out. past work experience: McDonalds lol
i still laugh at flatulence

delphine
#4 Posted : 3/22/2007 7:00:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Life is my job Smile Aside from that...I recently had to submit a bio to a magazine to accompany an article of mine they're going to use, here 'tis: I am a poet, metaphysician, and a freelance editor/writer in the fields of natural health and consciousness expansion. I am particularly interested in metaphysical interpretations of the Alice books by Lewis Carroll, and the potentials of sound in activating consciousness and DNA. I am currently working on further Alice studies, and on a study of the alchemical aspects of the music of the 60's band The Doors. I am putting my creative works together in a blog, with an eye to eventual publication elsewhere: http://writtens-jen.blogspot.com/
"To dance is to live----to live is to dance!" --Snoopy, Peanuts comic strip

magic clown
#5 Posted : 3/22/2007 7:23:45 AM

aka Slap Stick Sam

A clown, can you belive they let me work with children?! Perhaps they wont once they read this.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 3/22/2007 10:04:05 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Interesting to see what you all do. I've got my own company together with 2 other companions. My daily practice is programming (lately Visual Studio.NET, I like ASP.NET). On this moment I've got 15 years of experience in the field of programming. For a hobby I've got my own server hooked up to the AMS-IX internet backbone, the site you're looking at is also running on it. Razz Other hobbies of mine are listening/creating music, art, cars, philosophy and learning (things like QP, the brain, etc). Also with my fantastic girlfriend we try to help in former war zones to rebuild society, currently we are helping to setup an internet cafe for children in Bosnia. About 27 PC's (PIII, 1Ghz, 256MB, 20GB, WinXP) will go to Bosnia of which 7 are for the children internet cafe and the rest is for a school. My girlfriend an I will probably go there in april to setup all the PC's and corresponding hard- and software. The 27 PC's (and about 40 19" monitors) are btw the work of my girlfriend and not me (honour for those who deserve it). I'm really greatfull I can help.

Tribal Dreamings
#7 Posted : 3/22/2007 11:07:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cool Smile im a sole parent and study naturopathy.
'..with the cold sudden fury of a devine messenger...'

Taliesin the Alchemist
#8 Posted : 3/22/2007 10:43:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have some college education but never completed it. I lost interest in the field I was studying (computer networking). I currently install and maintain traffic signals. I aspire to enter into the field of natural medicine. I'm particularly interested in acupuncture and herbalism but there are many options in this field of study and practice. My step~father practices massage therapy and is quite good at it. I was thinking one day we could work together, who knows! Very happy My hobbies consist of playing the guitar, singing and playing the sitar. I love stringed instruments! I will try to play any instrument with strings! My next conquest is the sarode. I'm no expert with the sitar but I can play it well enough to play along with another instrument, such as the guitar.
[img:f1b61c1c99]http://209.235.244.14/www.visioncrystal.com/images/gal-11753.jpg[/img:f1b61c1c99] Psychedelics are probably responsible for every aspect of human evolution apart from the decline in body hair. ~Terence McKenna

Noman
#9 Posted : 3/23/2007 4:42:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I construct graphics panels for museums, parks, zoos, etc. Things like the sign that says "Sacajawea's Moccassins" or "Why the Monkeys Throw Poop at You" I used to be a chef., but I like cooking too much to work in restaurants.

fredyjenkins
#10 Posted : 4/17/2007 1:58:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Studying full time to become a certified accountant in an university that i will not name hehe So, right now i dont live, i survive. Shocked

sillysyban
#11 Posted : 4/17/2007 6:25:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good topic. I am an Industrial electrician and intrument technician. My hobbies are scuba diving, dirt bike riding, wakeboarding, surfing and bushwalking (when I get time to do them). Got a little boy 4yrs old and another one coming in July so they keep me busy.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

zero
#12 Posted : 4/17/2007 4:07:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What do I do? I make electronic music. I make art. I make love. I read alot. I love my dogs. I explore. I do things that allow me to feel the rapture of realy being alive. Unfortunately for now, to support these passions and pay bills, I am an account manager for a logistics company by day.

sameoldsongam
#13 Posted : 4/18/2007 2:38:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm a sandwhich artist(that's actually what the position is called -_-) at subway. i go to highschool. i'm a youngin, i guess. what i like doing: making music with friends, or without. frisbeeing with fellow frisbists. climbing trees, building stuff in the woods, being outside in general. reading. thinking. listening to music. checking out art, graffiti, helping my friends with it. eating good food. all the good stuff.

Fuego
#14 Posted : 5/20/2007 12:09:11 AM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
i am an independant window cleaner. go around and make a bunch of money and have no one bitch at me about anything. im a blackbelt in karate. i love playing guitar and such. i draw sometimes. one more year of highschool left! then definatly off to college to study bio-chem.

mardybum
#15 Posted : 5/22/2007 7:28:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm in my last year at highscool, thank god. Got a job at the pizza shop, love my family, dog and surfing.

Chakra Vajra
#16 Posted : 5/23/2007 10:56:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I´m a Postman, was the best Choice for me between out of Work and a Full Time Job...

darth mom
#17 Posted : 6/10/2007 7:28:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

as good a thread as any to do an intro for my first post Smile i was a stay at home mommy for a few years, and now a full time realtor. [b:e2e0b933a7]the traveler[/b:e2e0b933a7] that is awesome to hear of the work you are doing. if you ever need any help in any way, let me know

DNRN
#18 Posted : 6/12/2007 9:58:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have just finnished my bachelor degree in nanotechnology, and going to start on my cand. in August/September in solid state NMR. So now I'm going to finnesh my last exam and then going on a long vacation.
\documentclass[a5paper,10pt,danish]{forumsignature} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage{babel} \usepackage{amsmath,amssymb} \begin{document}\begin{align} \mathscr{H} \Psi = E \Psi \end{align}\end{documeny}

habib
#19 Posted : 7/16/2007 10:46:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm an animator. doing mostly broadcast graphics design/ad industry shit for money. when i'm not focussed on money these days, i am doing animation work for a movie about hip hop in palestine. i use mostly After Effects, im not a big CG dude. i like drawing and making shit by hand. i was about to post my web address, but then realized that would reveal my identity .so cant play show and tell with my reel. I'm also a bad ass cook. holla! H

quantumbrujo
#20 Posted : 7/17/2007 1:33:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am a self employed doing work around my town mostly by word of mouth referals.Iam an electronics technician,an electrician,a mechanic,a plumber,a security syatem tech(alarms,surveillance cameras,card access etc..), also install heat pumps,do gardening,but I don't toutch drywalling and painting.I am very capable of doing it, in fact I do a pretty good job at it,I just hate doing it.I invent things,just tell me what you want the thing to do and I'll make it do it.I can make gold too but you won't find this one on the periodic table ha ha.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

12NEXT