We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shalom Nexus Options

Rustt
#1 Posted : 3/16/2012 9:09:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aloha!

This all started with a movie two months ago on Netflix. It was somewhere around 0130 when I hit play and well after the credits rolled before I blinked again. I did a quick search of the Pineal gland afterwards and suddenly I tripped… I’ve been happily drifting in this rabbit hole ever since and with the daily influx of new information I continue to thrive on, I realize I’m still VERY near the surface. Later that first morning, 3 am whenever and I find myself pacing through the darkness with Tool’s, Third Eye, blasting in the background. 100 + times before I’ve listened and pondered those words but right then it felt like I was hearing it anew with the lyrics making perfect sense. Then it’s 5 am and I’ve dug out my old Organic Chemistry molecular model set: sitting happily as I piece together the bonds of n,n-dimethyltryptamine.
Since then I’ve scoured over every R. J. Strassman article I could get my hands on, as well as his book and also any other relevant piece of information I came across. The science, the theories, the personal journeys, the emerging trends and patterns! Honestly, I really wasn’t expecting it… My family’s social, moral and ethical ways of life are not rooted in any sort of religious foundation; my beliefs have developed primarily based on the power of observation yet here I stand on some new, unforeseen precipice taking me in a direction I never thought I would define. And I am utterly unable to turn away.
My chemistry skills and understanding have drastically improved since that trip over the edge. I haven’t felt this compelled to learn since my initial two years of school! It’s scary in the sense that I constantly have to keep myself in check, as I feel compelled to talk about this with everyone. Shirt, tie, slacks, bicycle with helmet and I’m off, feeling the urge to start knocking on doors and spreading the “wealth”. Haha! Not really… But kinda, I want to. “Good morning, how are you doing today? I’d like to take a second and talk to you about a documentary…”
And then... There was the Nexus! I’ve used forums as a tool to uncover questions for a long time but I’ve never been one to post or frequent the same site. This amazing space has changed all that. I feel a strong connection to this community as I pour over your words, advice and understanding. It is a perfect fix to the constant desire for expansion of my infantile wisdom. I am deeply honored to be a part of it and very much look forward to interacting with you all as time here rolls on. Finally, much respect to the minds that make this a reality. Mr. Traveler, thank you for the opportunity to visit this Emerald city.

The further you look within, the farther out you’ll fire.

Respectfully,
Rustt

Rustt attached the following image(s):
asahi.jpg (131kb) downloaded 88 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Bill Cipher
#2 Posted : 3/16/2012 9:23:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome. It's not really clear from your post: have you had the experience yet, or are you still gathering preliminary intel?

Either way, there's a ton of good information here. Read as much as you possibly can.

Pandora
#3 Posted : 3/16/2012 9:30:04 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Rustt,

Great introduction. Seems to me from that post you have had an experience or in fact a few.

Your post was a wonderful glimpse inside your mind.

I just want to say, welcome. This is what you think it may be . . . this is the place . . . and we've read the book and seen the movie and then some . . .keep looking around here and exploring this place . . . it goes deep . . . you are home brother . . . .

And speaking for myself and perhaps others, we're so glad you've come here . . .I suspect you will have much to contribute as we move forward in time. . . .

A warm welcome . . . .
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

mindatlarge1389
#4 Posted : 3/16/2012 9:31:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i saw DMT:TSM at least 100 times it grew to consume my thoughts day and night ( i know every word by heart),before i got my hands on some and now it still dose it keeps me up till 6 am reading about extractions, and every tek i can find im determined to master!!
please dont take anything i say seriously im extremely irresponsible and i apologize in advance for anything iv said.

Rustt
#5 Posted : 3/16/2012 10:13:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're so inclined please check the link below to my very first Trip Report from two nights ago.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=30767

Perhaps sometimes I get a little long winded but it does feel good to share especially since this place is really the only outlet available right now (I did however revise and condense). I feel 'outside perception' will tag me as insane if I continue to dialogue so much in public. It's a sanity I'm beginning to question myself.Shocked Lol. All is well though, "it's at the edge where things are most clear." And if somewhere in the midnight hour I lose my sanity, well so be it. Speaking of good information, Pandora, I found the DMT: Handbook last night as another stepping stone through the void!

Pandora
Quote:
Seems to me from that post you have had an experience or in fact a few.

My experiences are very limited right now but in a strange way, almost ineffable, I find all this so familiar. My imagination has run rampant my entire life. So many of those 'fictional' thoughts suddenly carry a different, more direct and real, gravity. That first experience really opened my mind; regardless of the lack of 'breakthrough'. I found myself able to think and carry multiple thoughts all while talking out loud on various other topics. If you've ever seen the movie Pi, I would say the feeling of an approaching breakthrough into some unknown is relatively imminent and similar to the protagonist's interpersonal journey (aside from the social anxiety disorder and cluster headaches. Well... Mostly Wink ). I know that might multiply this growing minutia of madness but hey, it worked for Dr. Gonzo as well as the 'beast'!

mindatlarge1389
Quote:
and now it still does, it keeps me up till 6 am reading about extractions, and every tek i can find im determined to master!!

Quite literally, last night I began reading in the 'Steps in Hyperspace' and 'Mayan Wonders' at 2300. Next time I looked at the clock, 0430. And then it was another 3.5 hours before I could calm my thoughts enough for sleep which, in the mean time, required a re-watch of Half Baked at 0600. Lol.

Thank you all for the kind words, it truly does mean a lot. Salud

Enoon
#6 Posted : 3/16/2012 11:23:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

a very warm welcome to you. Just wanted to say I enjoy the way you write and present your thoughts. Hope to see more of you around!

Wishing you the best for your travels!
cheers
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Rustt
#7 Posted : 3/17/2012 3:13:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
a very warm welcome to you. Just wanted to say I enjoy the way you write and present your thoughts. Hope to see more of you around!

Wishing you the best for your travels!
cheers

Mahalo. And thanks...Smile

Gowpen
#8 Posted : 3/17/2012 3:37:13 AM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Yes indeed, I enjoy the way you write very much too, I think you payed attention to school a little more than 2 years.... welcome. I see you as a great future educator and invaluable resource for our/this site.

I use the search function here a lot, great resource. Good luck and ask anything.
Be safe. Be smart.
Hope to meet you in 'chat' some day !Very happy
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Rustt
#9 Posted : 3/17/2012 9:55:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, Gowpen.

I am really trying to push the writing envelope lately, both for personal growth and potential publication. The ultimate goal for my life is to sail full time and writing, in many ways, compliments that very well. It helps for battling solitude and consumes time while drifting in the apparent timeless found between land. Hopefully 'maybe' one day it could even help me afford that 'ultimate vessel'. Smile

(Hmmmm, 'launching from a sailboat while drifting under the aurora borealis' just fell into my bucket-list, lol.)

Putting yourself out there, even from behind a mask, can create apprehension. You tell yourself, "Frak the critics" but that only applies to negative critiques, it seems, as compliments carry a much better weight which I can't help but to appreciate.

So, thanks for telling me I write good, yous guys! Wink