We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Art of Being Options

relent
#1 Posted : 3/14/2012 8:34:39 PM

Prince of Nothing

Or, 'Abusing the senses in order to See'.

Hello, everyone. As an aspiring novelist, I will be adopting a sort of method-acting persona in order to better capture the essence of a purely fictional character, a novice psychonaut stranded long ago in the desert of Illusion. Equipped with little more than the standard four-limbed meat-bag and an inquisitive mind, our intrepid hero (known to the reading audience by his initials "SWIM", or fanciful variations thereof) embarks on an epic journey through the wasteland of dead souls, searching for the Light, alone but with the occasional contact with fellow wanderers. This community represents one stop toward that end.

With that verbose mess out of the way, SWIM has varying levels of background in comparative anthropology, esoteriPc theology, biochemistry, and novel forms of consciousness expansion.
SWIM is very excited by the immense amount of love and learning here, and is very eager to absorb everything he can.

While he has not had any contact with the Light in any of its forms, he has been attempting to discover and arrange the necessary circumstances for such a communication to take place, though it is a difficult and often murky task, fraught with dangers, though SWIM may be simply worrying too much.
When such communication takes place, SWIM is eager to share the notes taken about his journey with his new friends.

Since SWIM has a bad habit of talking too much about himself, I will end this here, but questions and comments are warmly welcomed, for the sake of expanded characterization. PMs are also welcome.
SWIM will provide an update as his journey begins and at milestones along the way.
The above post is purely fictitious. It in no way represents the views or actions of any persons, living or dead, and should be regarded with as much validity as newspaper horoscopes, fortune cookies, morning talk shows, or stock futures.
My cat is very interested in acquiring living P. viridis leaves and S. divinorum cuttings on the Eastern side of the Pond. Other cats are welcome to PM with suggestions!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Walter D. Roy
#2 Posted : 3/14/2012 8:47:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! Smile

I find it very interesting that you are going to be recording this as a fictional character, looking forward to your experience reports when these communications do happen.

I hope you find what you are looking for on the Nexus, and best of luck with your journeys!
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

relent
#3 Posted : 3/14/2012 8:52:35 PM

Prince of Nothing

Walter D. Roy,

Thank you for your welcome. Like your signature suggests, language is a fickle and cumbersome tool, but a tool nevertheless. As it is the only means by which to share otherwise very personal and subjective experiences, one may as well have a little fun with it! It has been my experience that a little creativity goes a long way in this sort of Work.
The above post is purely fictitious. It in no way represents the views or actions of any persons, living or dead, and should be regarded with as much validity as newspaper horoscopes, fortune cookies, morning talk shows, or stock futures.
My cat is very interested in acquiring living P. viridis leaves and S. divinorum cuttings on the Eastern side of the Pond. Other cats are welcome to PM with suggestions!

joedirt
#4 Posted : 3/14/2012 9:45:37 PM

Not I

Welcome to the nexus relent.

One question/suggestion. How about changing the hero's name to ANYTHING but SWIM. Smile
You'll find many here find the use of the word SWIM to be irritating.

Peace.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

relent
#5 Posted : 3/15/2012 12:53:27 PM

Prince of Nothing

Point taken. I see how that could become obnoxious quickly; similar usage just seemed so commonplace, I figured it couldn't hurt. I'll figure out something a little less tedious in the future. Smile

Any other tips of etiquette?