We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
for the love of cactus <3 Options

mew
#1 Posted : 3/14/2012 8:08:28 AM

huachumancer

does anyone feel called to practice cactus?

im constantly overcome with the compulsion to share this masterful medicine with such a sick species. does anyone feel called to help our cohabitants recover their lost perspective and realign our cosmic balance.

i want to beat a drum so loud it cant be ignored

i want to dance so entranced one cannot help but stare

i want to share this love and let cathartic waves swell to climactic proportions

lets see change, lets share entheogens

i typically wait to see signs of interest in a potential initiate but what other ideas might be worthwhile to inspire interest in the divine majesty that is creation? a bit of coyote teaching is my technique.

please share your love of cactus and any ideas you think might benefit a community of passionate practitioners

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 3/14/2012 6:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love your attitude, mew. I too have been trying to "beat my drum" about this entheogen.

Even though I have yet to try cactus on its own, I had my first mesc acetate experience (500mg) a few months ago and it blew me away. It was really gentle and profound. I couldn't believe that it took me so long to get involved. This weekend I am going to embark on my second journey with this substance and I hope it cleans some mental cobwebs that have been sitting around for a while.

Keep spreading the good word Smile

۩
#3 Posted : 3/14/2012 7:11:54 PM

I definitely feel similarly. What a profoundly powerful yet gentle and perfect entheogen for everyone who is experienced to those who are not.

I do not have any advice as to how to inspire, that is something that you learn and play with along the way.

Just grow, harvest, give out, spread, and consume as much of this stuff as possible. Luck does exist, and pedro loves to give luck to those who spend their time with it.

Wax
#4 Posted : 3/14/2012 7:20:32 PM

LUVR

I have to say after one bridgesii experience I am hooked!
I love the cactus and what it has to teach, very loving and gentle but extremely profound and chalk full of meaning in every vision.
I feel a strong connection to this plant and plan for many more interactions with its presence.
I will start my garden of love this spring and hopefully it will flourish so I can share it with many <3
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

onethousandk
#5 Posted : 3/15/2012 11:34:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like the experience is less aggressive than mushrooms? Or does that edge still exist?

mew
#6 Posted : 3/16/2012 12:23:55 AM

huachumancer

the lessons offered are just what one needs at that time

if you need an edge to understand something it can teach you that way too, but its so relaxing its hard to ever resist its gentle power. like the swell of an ocean, you become engulfed, floating in the current, pulled farther out to sea with each wave.

cactus has shown me the majesty of water so many times and ways now

and yes achuma, t bridgesii is this space cats favorite

mew never settles for less

Ez
#7 Posted : 3/17/2012 3:05:07 PM

"Love is the medicine."

Share your experiences with those that you care about, be the change you wish to see and live the lessons that you have learned from the cactus. I think that those who are ready will find you. I to o feel this compulsion and truly enjoi being given the opportunity to share something as beautiful as Achuma. And, because of your enthusiasm towards such a powerful teacher, it is always a pleasure tohear from you Mew.
(¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯Pleased But suddenly you're ripped into being alive. And life is pain, and life is suffering, and life is horror, but my god you are alive and it is spectacular!

jamie
#8 Posted : 3/17/2012 3:53:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

onethousandk wrote:
Sounds like the experience is less aggressive than mushrooms? Or does that edge still exist?

I have had experiences with cacti that were every bit at edgy at mushrooms. At visionary doses cacti was not any less harsh for me at all..but I dunno thats just me. People always said cacti never gives people difficult experiences or freakouts etc..but that has just not been my experience..at least that potential is still there at full doses and for me is it worse when combined with cannabis. I feel like almost every time I got those negative feeling with torch it was after smoking cannabis..something I dont do on psychedelics anymore.

I dont take cacti often becasue it just lasts sooooo long and I feel run down after, but there is something special about it.

At lower or mid doses it does have a very round and soft energy for me..like organic MDMA or something..but more "real" than MDMA.

I have not eaten cacti in about 17-18 months now..I should soon though.
Long live the unwoke.

CuriousSeeker
#9 Posted : 3/18/2012 12:40:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mescalito calls me 3 or 4 times a year as circumstances allow. A couple weeks ago was one of the few times per year I can schedule myself for this type of thing, and I decided to make it a solo journey. The previous two trips were with a close friend, and while they were a blast and filled with laughter and some healing, they weren't as therapeutic as I wanted.

Beginning in the morning I scarfed down 1.4 grams (in two parts an hour apart) of a dirty acetate from the 69Ron extraction, and waited. And waited a loooooong time for it to really start. Somewhere over the 3 hour mark I finally felt mescaline, though plenty of other compounds were making their presence known. A few hours later the experience was still building when I watched the water droplets on the shower door became jewel like and float off the door together, like a magic, shimmering carpet. I then had a deep realization that all the people in my life are jewels and need to be noticed as such (hard to put that in words that make any sense...). Other internal healing occurred while spending much of the day curled in little shivering ball on the couch, or the floor. Immediately after and in the weeks following that trip, my cannabis use went down by at least half, which is a good and necessary thing for me, though not something I recall "working on" during the trip. Also, my use of caffeine has dropped from daily coffee to only black and green teas. That trip was completely worth the 18 hours spent writhing with that mixture of ecstasy and flu feeling. Completely looking forward to the next time! I love mescaline!

Peace and mescaline to you!
A scale is a wonderful thing. Everything else posted by CS is lunatic fiction.

mew
#10 Posted : 3/18/2012 1:16:55 AM

huachumancer

jamie wrote:
at least that potential is still there at full doses and for me is it worse when combined with cannabis. I feel like almost every time I got those negative feeling with torch it was after smoking cannabis..something I dont do on psychedelics anymore.

I dont take cacti often becasue it just lasts sooooo long and I feel run down after, but there is something special about it.

At lower or mid doses it does have a very round and soft energy for me..like organic MDMA or something..but more "real" than MDMA.

i agree with this entirely, i just advise a more frequent communion than a year and half, but then again im only a few years into entheogens, perhaps my diet will change during my future.

as of now i wish to know achuma several times a year if not more.

i have had a memorable freakout during a low dose of cactus and jwh and mxe, and i deserved it for bastardizing such profoundly magnificent medicine with pathetic narcotic themes. i have learned to let it teach alone, and even when i smoked cannabis i learned that one must be more than comfortable with the experience before complicating it with something like cannabis. i also feel like it dosent alow one to be as comprehensive about the lessons, but allows one to drift deeper into the awe of it

jamie
#11 Posted : 3/18/2012 4:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would work with cacai way way more often if it was my focus..my focus is ayahuasca and I work with it at least weekly..so while I really respect cactus I just dont approach it often..a year and a half is quite long though..at one point I did use it more often.
Long live the unwoke.

Once
#12 Posted : 3/19/2012 2:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love Cacti! Cultivating and preparing Trichocereus has been my main focus the last few years. I am overjoyed to have just come home from my first encounter with Peyote last night! Drank tea from noon till sun up, I'm still glowing 30hrs later. Intense nausea and many tears of Joy. Powerful medicine!
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

mew
#13 Posted : 3/19/2012 6:31:17 AM

huachumancer

ive been feeling the call of aya recently and given the season i expect its about time. i always feel more comfortable with aya after cacti, and i feel fearless with cacti after aya Smile

oneistheall
#14 Posted : 3/19/2012 9:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone done pedrohuasca = pedro+banisteriopsis? i have read it can increase potency of pedro by 3x being a strong maoi.thats something i wanna do, take 120mg banisteriopsis extract and 200mg mescaline acetate.
im just a blue reindeer, dont listen to me, listen to her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ABIkH7m0s

Once
#15 Posted : 3/19/2012 9:32:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my most meaningful Aya experiences was two days after taking a 250mg of mescaline. I strongly feel that although 250mg is a rather light dose, the joy and empathy of cactus carried over strongly into the Ays experience. At the peak I was JOY, I cried, overcome with gratitude for the blessing of truly feeling joy down to its very essence.
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

mew
#16 Posted : 3/19/2012 10:29:37 PM

huachumancer

i drank 350 g caapi in the afternoon (150 g chacurna aswell) not as floored as i would have hoped i proceeded to ingest 2 feet of achuma that evening for my first two foot experience, it was truly wonderful. although it wasnt the strongest experience (now) it was then and it totally encouraged me to go deeper with achuma.

jamie
#17 Posted : 3/20/2012 12:24:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

350g of caapi??!!!Shocked

and..then..chacruna..

then..

cacti??!!

Shocked
Long live the unwoke.

Ford Prefect
#18 Posted : 3/20/2012 1:19:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
350g of caapi??!!!Shocked

and..then..chacruna..

then..

cacti??!!

Shocked

What kind of Caapi was it? Has anyone ever heard of this huge of a dose?

I've not taken any caapi yet and I'm a little nervous. Mescaline is still a mystery to me; although I'm sure I would be fearless about taking a hefty mesc dose, for some reason. I guess its my internal diologue with the plant, (or I was taking more cacti in past lives than ayaRazz ). What other entheogens are people successfully mixing with maoi? I've heard mushrooms gain potency. Does everything we ingest orally? Would a thc cookie become more potent with maois?

Mew, you must have balls of brass. I hope you did a trip report for that one.

Earth: Mostly Harmless... Dont Panic!

obliguhl
#19 Posted : 3/20/2012 9:31:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mew
#20 Posted : 3/21/2012 11:18:31 PM

huachumancer

350g cielo strain caapi from icaros, chacurna the same source. sediment was removed. brew took over a day to cook and reduce to 2-3 cups

then the real magic let itself be known with 2 nice feet of achuma.... i was running as a diamond shaped vantage as the sound of a flying v of birds chirping in the dawn light at one point, impossible to explain

i spent many hours alone in the woods with the moonlight guiding me, i met my tree staff and asked permission to take it with me so i dug it up by the roots and carried it home, it was light out then and people were very taken aback by my appearence

later that day i broke a communal separatory funnel for everyones sake and the sirens in my head ceased instantaneously

i spent the rest of my second day embodying the character "dug" from the pixar film "up" in such ways that i was honest and happy and carefree and spoke in a quick quirky friendly and loving manner.

it was a great experience, i made a great picture from it

12NEXT