We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
Ever taken LSD and listened to Heavy Metal? Options

Nathaniel
#61 Posted : 6/1/2013 3:25:23 AM

Nathaniel

null24 wrote:
Boris
Amplifier worship.
They can pronounce the ineffable name ov God with guitar.

Hell yea! I just saw Boris on 05/09 and it was pretty damn great. I want an Orange amp so bad.

I am also happy to see Opeth and Tool appreciation here. They are two of my favorite bands and I specifically remember my brother (surprisingly) putting on some Opeth when we were tripping.

I wanted to add Between the Buried and Me to this conversation. They are also one of my favorite bands and their newest album is just progressive beyond belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxSMVkc6fh8

If anyone wants to hear the best metal album of the year Thumbs up
You are me and I am you, I'll always be with you...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Inner Paths
#62 Posted : 6/1/2013 5:51:08 AM

Secretary of the Interior

Nathaniel wrote:
I want an Orange amp so bad.

One of the main Oranges that Boris use, and a similar model to what Sleep used is the OR120. Orange haven't made it since the 90's though and they're pretty expensive ($2000-2500 used). I found a guy that makes clones of Marshalls, Fenders and Hiwatts who is willing to build me an OR120 clone to spec and for less than half the cost Twisted Evil

Anyways, I could geek out on stoner amp talk for ages, amplifier worship indeed!
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

Hyperspace Fool
#63 Posted : 6/1/2013 9:46:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathaniel wrote:

I wanted to add Between the Buried and Me to this conversation. They are also one of my favorite bands and their newest album is just progressive beyond belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxSMVkc6fh8

If anyone wants to hear the best metal album of the year Thumbs up

Really interesting. A lot of very different influences in there.

Starts with Queen and goes into Rush, and then on into Fusion... before dropping into Prog Metal meets Death. Dream Theater stuff.

Nice to see there are new groups making this kind of music.
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Doodazzle
#64 Posted : 6/1/2013 12:50:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guapo. Instrumental prog that gets rather heavy at times.

Love this, right here, deep complex stuff....it's not metal, but it is heavy music to trip to.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Nathaniel
#65 Posted : 6/1/2013 5:51:34 PM

Nathaniel

InnerPathsToOuterSpace wrote:
Nathaniel wrote:
I want an Orange amp so bad.

One of the main Oranges that Boris use, and a similar model to what Sleep used is the OR120. Orange haven't made it since the 90's though and they're pretty expensive ($2000-2500 used). I found a guy that makes clones of Marshalls, Fenders and Hiwatts who is willing to build me an OR120 clone to spec and for less than half the cost Twisted Evil

Anyways, I could geek out on stoner amp talk for ages, amplifier worship indeed!

That sounds like a good idea! Yea, the main problem with Oranges are that they are so expensive! Both a head and a cab are often $2000+ a piece. If you can get a good clone for cheaper then I would def go with that (even though I like the neat orange naugahyde they use).

I also love fuzz pedals Smile
Hyperspace Fool wrote:

Really interesting. A lot of very different influences in there.

Starts with Queen and goes into Rush, and then on into Fusion... before dropping into Prog Metal meets Death. Dream Theater stuff.

Nice to see there are new groups making this kind of music.

I think it's awesome that you listened to it and can appreciate what these guys are doing. Yea, they definitely have a lot of stuff going into their music and I love that they can pull it off so seamlessly. They said for an upcoming tour that they're going to play the entire Parallax II front to back without stopping, so I hope they tour near me!

Here's another one... And I guess I am posting albums because the songs really do need to be listened to in order, but this next one is only about 30 minutes.

Cynic - Traced in Air http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0P8xt-O99M

More prog-metal masters. These guys are very existential and I feel would fit the sort of mindset around here. They have more of a jazz-metal fusion kind of feel and they are just awesome. Have a listen for some wonderful guitar and drum work!
You are me and I am you, I'll always be with you...

Hiyo Quicksilver
#66 Posted : 6/2/2013 2:54:05 AM

just some guy

Ellis D'Empty wrote:
The real fun is when you bust out the guitar and amp and crunch some metal yourself ^^

HAIL SATAN!

That, and I've got to second the way Between The Buried and Me handles the vibe. While it seems to verge on kitschy and "Roganeque" at times, it's immediately understandable when meeting those in the scene that brought them up, and serves to credit their work rather than suggest a trite nature a la Styx or the Black Keys, respective of their genres.

Good music indeed, especially for a few bowls on night that just won't quit. Big grin

moniker
#67 Posted : 6/7/2013 9:26:51 PM

लीला

Quote:
Ever taken LSD and listened to Heavy Metal?

yes, this.

“Music is the voice of God traveling through ten-dimensional hyperspace.”
― Michio Kaku

oldsoul
#68 Posted : 6/15/2013 10:45:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just found out about this somewhat new band Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats. I thought it was perfect for this conversation. They are pretty rockin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpsffboOAc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC6UwAqNu-k

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift

null24
#69 Posted : 6/16/2013 1:47:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Dude, just one thing to say: HOLY MOUNT the band. Jesus, they have a free ep online. Damn.
Every time this thread pops up,i chuckle,I mean, really?
Funny, like its a novel idea.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

nen888
#70 Posted : 7/24/2013 4:21:51 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..a memory from the '90s came back the other day..

this is what happened to Sepultura after they took Ayahuasca with indigenous amazonians..

FractalObscurity
#71 Posted : 9/12/2013 11:20:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metal is amazing while tripping on LSD!! Ive had trips where Ill listen to metal for hours on end, almost feels like it was meant to be heard that way Cool
cool you mentioned death metal! Been on death metal for 8 years... absolutely hooked! Its my fav! Seen someone mention Sepultura as well! wicked!

I highly recommend listening to these bands if you dont know them. If you need more let me know I can send you the names of so many bands. It took me weeks, months, and years of searching to get to where I am now. I started with late 80's death metal and worked my way up to new stuff, and I stay on top of whats coming out, and I have been beyond impressed lately!!!
Hope you like this bro!

Some old school death metal bands come to mind;

Death(if you dont know them already, look them up, pioneers, heralds of death metal.)
Song: Cosmic Sea (amazing for tripping, had a DMT experience with this once! this song is so mind blowing!!!!!)
Album: Human 1991 (my fav death album, the peak of the band IMO.)

Gorguts(This would without a doubt be my favorite band of all time. from Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada who just released a new album, which is one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard! Colored Sands is the album title, has a Tibetan theme with lyrics surrounding the wheel of time and bhuddism. Very cool, unparallelled by anything Ive ever heard. This band got me into death metal. I highly recommend this album to anyone)

some 1998 stuff, This blew me away on mushrooms at age 17

and an instrumental from their 1991 album considered dead, this got me into death metal.

Cryptopsy(Another Canadian band from Quebec. The albums Blasphemy Made Flesh(1994), and None So Vile(1996) are their best work IMO. Absolutely amazing records. Highly recommended.)

Suffocation, from New York, NY
Song: Seeds of the Suffering
Album: Effigy of the Forgotten (1991)

Some newer death metal thats really insane:
Putrefy

Septycal Gorge
!T.O.O.H.!(wild band from Czech Republic, found this on acid one time, was blown away!!)

Inanimate Existance(Liberation Through Hearing album is amazing, more abstract music in alot of parts on the album than Death Metal, but outstanding nonetheless, with a psychedelic theme to boot! Highly recommended for tripping!)
Album: Liberation Through Hearing
Song: Transcendent Absorption
Wow, hahaha this band rules

Necrambulant(first album released last month, stellar, especially if you wanna hear something fresh off the press, ultra heavy grinding slam)

If you like this let me know, because this stuff gets me fired up while tripping, glad someone else likes the death metal! One time I tried to share some in nexus chat and people said death metal gives them a scary vibe. Only if you want it too! The repulsive sounds are an acquired taste though, Laughing. Seems alot of people here are into electronic, and ive been getting into that as well; some Dubstep, Trap, and Glitch hop.

Well anyways hope you enjoy this post!!! Thumbs up
FractalObscurity is a fictional character in a trans-dimensional universe whose imaginative antics are documented HERE(www.dmt-nexus.me). Not a single word mentioned in this story-telling project shall be taken literally or reproduced without the authors permission.

"WOW MAN!!!! WOWWWWW!!!!!!!!"

FractalObscurity
#72 Posted : 9/12/2013 11:36:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah I almost forgot this:
Band: Canvas Solaris
Song: Glacier
Album: Irradiance (2010)
I recommend this to fans of metal and even people who dont like metal so much, one guy on here actually thanked me for showing him this and claimed it was exactly what he needed to hear to get into metal. I've had quite a few great DMT trips to this album and their 4 other works, sounds so powerful, beautiful and energizing on the comedown of a breakthrough dose! Amazing organ work in the solo section, almost has a Deep Purple on more acid than normal vibe haha!Laughing )

FractalObscurity is a fictional character in a trans-dimensional universe whose imaginative antics are documented HERE(www.dmt-nexus.me). Not a single word mentioned in this story-telling project shall be taken literally or reproduced without the authors permission.

FractalObscurity
#73 Posted : 9/12/2013 11:50:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DeDao wrote:
One time I took LSD and a friend of mine put on screamo music... It quickly threw me into a dark mental state. Would never do it again.

I love death metal man, and Its really insane, but id have to say that screamo would throw me into a bad trip as well, metalcore and deathcore("screamo" music) IMO is terrible music.... Wish I couldve shown you something cool like Death, Cosmic Sea

DMTree
#74 Posted : 11/13/2013 10:36:45 PM

The walking mirror

I have had amazing experiences with metal. One time on mushrooms my friend put a metal song on with his phone and set it in the grass; it was dark out and I didn't know he turned his phone on so it seemed as though the grass was growling this amazing song. Initially, I was aghast to say the least!

The band we listened to was Between the buried and me. Simply amazing metal band!!

Also, try

born of osiris
The contortionist
Veil of Maya

CatchThirtyThr33
#75 Posted : 11/14/2013 6:57:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTree wrote:
I have had amazing experiences with metal. One time on mushrooms my friend put a metal song on with his phone and set it in the grass; it was dark out and I didn't know he turned his phone on so it seemed as though the grass was growling this amazing song. Initially, I was aghast to say the least!

The band we listened to was Between the buried and me. Simply amazing metal band!!

Also, try

born of osiris
The contortionist
Veil of Maya

I love BTBAM, as well as The Contortionist. Listening to both those bands on LSD was simply amazing, laying in bed in the dark... I felt like I needed a seatbelt Laughing
Other bands that I found to be fantastic on LSD were Meshuggah (specifically Catch Thirtythree, as my username implies), lots of Opeth, Vildhjarta, Intronaut, Fallujah (Nomadic EP is so good), deafheaven, Animals As Leaders, Scale the Summit, Cynic... lots of Prog basically

Metanoia
#76 Posted : 11/14/2013 9:35:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed how a lot of people that are into psychedelics are also into Prog music. I've loved Prog rock/metal for as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Rush, Jethro Tull, etc.

I once introduced a friend to Meshuggah while tripping on mushrooms and MDMA. He was blown away and went and bought the album the next day Very happy

DMTree
#77 Posted : 11/14/2013 3:14:03 PM

The walking mirror

CatchThirtyThr33 wrote:
DMTree wrote:

Also, try

born of osiris
The contortionist
Veil of Maya

I love BTBAM, as well as The Contortionist. Listening to both those bands on LSD was simply amazing, laying in bed in the dark... I felt like I needed a seatbelt Laughing
Other bands that I found to be fantastic on LSD were Meshuggah (specifically Catch Thirtythree, as my username implies), lots of Opeth, Vildhjarta, Intronaut, Fallujah (Nomadic EP is so good), deafheaven, Animals As Leaders, Scale the Summit, Cynic... lots of Prog basically

Nice to see another BTBAM fan! I just saw them play all of the parallax II along with the contortionist and faceless. Was quite amazing!

Vild and Animals as leaders are also some of my favorites. I saw animals as leaders at the summer slaughter tour, but it seems as though there is a way to listen to prog metal in a setting that transcends even live music - In a tripping setting Smile

My Brugmansia Arborea tree plans to dose this weekend or the next. I definetely plan to rock some prog. I'll let ya all know how it goes.

On a side note, I feel like if you arent a regular metal listener it will probably disturb you in a tripping mindset, but if you can "fall asleep to that shat," you will love it.

Nathanial.Dread
#78 Posted : 11/14/2013 3:31:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not into metal (electric guitars are really unpleasant colors to me), however, there is some electronic dubstep music that has a similar intensity of emotion and sound that I love.

NiT GriT is an excelent example.

It's got such an awesome set of sounds. For a synesthetic, it's a fantastic array of colors.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

hug46
#79 Posted : 11/14/2013 4:58:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I'm not into metal
~ND

You should be hung drawn and quartered. Or, at the very least, put in the stocks for writing those words in this thread!

Metanoia
#80 Posted : 11/15/2013 1:29:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I'm not into metal (electric guitars are really unpleasant colors to me), however, there is some electronic dubstep music that has a similar intensity of emotion and sound that I love.

NiT GriT is an excelent example.

It's got such an awesome set of sounds. For a synesthetic, it's a fantastic array of colors.

Blessings
~ND

I find a lot of similarities between some of that hard dubstep and metal. A lot of metal bands are now doing dubstep remixes because the two styles meld together very well.

Check this out Nathanial...you might like it. It's dubstep with a little metal feel to it. Very cool stuff.

«PREV23456NEXT