We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Ever taken LSD and listened to Heavy Metal? Options

Coastal_Shaman
#21 Posted : 4/10/2012 2:37:03 AM

"That Guy"

Well, I can't say I've ever listened to metal on LSD but I did listen to some Led Zepplin yesterday while on some really nice LSD. I don't know if I have the Phsyche required to listen to heavy metal on LSD.. I honestly think it would scare the crap out of me lol.

C_S
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

behindthelight
#22 Posted : 4/10/2012 8:53:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Voidwalk wrote:
Well my friend and I are doing exactly that this weekend, we're both big metalheads, and to this day all of our trips have consisted of pschedellic, psytrance, ambient, dubstep, all that good riff-raff, so we're real excited to hear a Death Metal growl ecompass us into its world while we're peaking Very happy

Has anybody else ever done this?

Everytime I do mushrooms, I turn all the lights off and listen to metal, really, really loud with in-ear headphones.

It fucking RULES.

jamie
#23 Posted : 4/10/2012 10:20:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no way!

Sure I used to listen to zepplin alot and tool but I dont call that heavy metal really at all..

I love tool but I sort of played it all too many times. I listen to mostly psytrance and trip hop and other ambient music now.

My friend used to always play mars volta when we were on mushrooms. I know alot of people love mars volta, well I dunno why but I hated it. I cant stand listening to mars volta when tripping. They are really talented I just cant listen to that stuff when on psychedelics.
Long live the unwoke.

Malaclypse
#24 Posted : 4/11/2012 3:53:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I were into metal I for sure would. I mean I like it occasionally without ever paying attention to lyrics. As long as the music inspired me and had some heart I think it would be great.

I've listed to A LOT of Skinny Puppy on LSD etc and it is an amazing experience for me. I would never subject my wife to it though as it is not her thing really.

Last time we ate mushrooms though we listened to this amazing radio station while we were on vacation and I got surprised by some stuff that I would never have heard if I hand picked. Fucking some song by Otis Reading was so amazing I would have never guessed. As someone that creates music and it is a big part of it I think I just need something that clearly has a lot of thought/heart put into it and I can dig it.

MomentOfTruth
#25 Posted : 8/31/2012 2:51:36 PM

Astro-Travellin

SLEEP
OM
Dead Meadow
YOB
Electric Wizard

Downtempo Stoner/Psych Metal that blows my mind with or without substances..
Coinci-Transcendentalism

Infundibulum
#26 Posted : 8/31/2012 4:53:12 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

You can't beat listening to Burzum while on acid

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

polytrip
#27 Posted : 8/31/2012 7:33:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
electric guitars sound awesome on acid. But i find that music that is VERY repetetive, easily becomes quite boring and 'mechanical'.

Inner Paths
#28 Posted : 9/1/2012 7:04:53 AM

Secretary of the Interior

nen888 wrote:
..years and years ago i ended up sitting in a car on LSD with a friend who insisted on playing Slayer..
it was like comic book/horror movie coming to life..we both couldn't stop laughing (especially at lyrics like "Death is fucking you insane!" ) ..utterly hillarious (though not my usual music choice in such situations) ..the albums were South of Heaven and Reign In Blood.. ("surgery, with no anesthesia..!" lol Smile )

I haven't had acid in a long time but I don't know if I could handle Slayer whilst tripping, "Angel of Death" would most likely send me into a negative loop. When I've been massively stoned before, I find a lot of metal to sound too mechanical and machine like (though I am a fan of quite a few metal bands and used to play in one) and my mind craves something with a looser, organic feel. I'd imagine the same would hold true for acid too though some genres of metal (stoner and prog for example) would most likely be fine to listen to, as would older bands like Sabbath and Maiden because it's less processed and corrected with digital editing like a lot of todays metal (though not all).

Walter D. Roy wrote:
Yes! or just some good ol' Omar Rodriguez would be good Or the best band ever Primus/Les Claypool

I'm with you on that one, mind blowing whilst in an altered state!

MomentOfTruth wrote:

SLEEP
OM
Dead Meadow
YOB
Electric Wizard

I've been cranking Sleep "Dopesmoker/Jerusalem" so much of late, that album is an altered state without any substances, let alone with!

"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

deadlight
#29 Posted : 9/1/2012 1:48:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i like istening to a bit of classic rock wile dosed every now and again but for me personally, i find i go further with otherworldly sounds than i do with hand played instruments. theres something grounding about knowing humans made the music. With Darkpsy i can easily tell myself this is pure alien communication ;P

mind you, if i could go back and watch hendrix on a few hundred mics, im sure i wouldnt be thinking about darkpsy for very long!

Inner Paths
#30 Posted : 9/1/2012 2:11:14 PM

stalepixel wrote:
mind you, if i could go back and watch hendrix on a few hundred mics, im sure i wouldnt be thinking about darkpsy for very long!

I can only imagine what hearing Hendrix live in the flesh, dosed to the eyeballs and back when it was all new and he was conjuring unheard of cosmic sounds from his upside down strat... Must've been truly cosmic.

MomentOfTruth
#31 Posted : 9/11/2012 1:37:36 PM

Astro-Travellin

InnerPathsToOuterSpace wrote:
nen888 wrote:

SLEEP
OM

I've been cranking Sleep "Dopesmoker/Jerusalem" so much of late, that album is an altered state without any substances, let alone with!

Exactly... I have it on LP and that extra crackle even adds more amazingness to it!!!

Those dudes are cosmically inclined to make insanely dope music! Even after splitting up they made great music. High on fire has alot of great stuff(Matt Pike) and OM was incredible on Pilgrimage/Varations/Conference. (when chris was still the drummer... lol)

Anyone who has not listened to the aforementioned bands should take a word of advice... LISTEN... These guys are definitely down...
Coinci-Transcendentalism

JacksonMetaller
#32 Posted : 9/11/2012 9:46:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Black or folk metal are excellent tripping. Some Dissection or Emperor can take you places. Or you can pretend your a viking and have a little fun with some folk Very happy I also like some of the heavier stuff while tripping too though I normally don't listen to it.

Mindlusion
#33 Posted : 10/3/2012 10:21:44 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Infundibulum wrote:
You can't beat listening to Burzum while on acid

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

This is true, I run the albums Filosofem and Hvis lyset tar oss, on a regular basis on psyches. Dunkelheit gets me every time Crying or very sad so utterly beautiful
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

nen888
#34 Posted : 5/3/2013 5:10:10 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i must admit, though not a 'metal-head', South Of Heaven was pretty good on LSD way back at the time..couldn't stop laughing for the whole album..Laughing ..great lyrics and riffing..

RIP Jeff Hanneman of Slayer, riff master>
'..on and on south of heaven...'

Shadowman-x
#35 Posted : 5/3/2013 5:17:20 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Big grin i love this thread.
i love everyone in this thread.
i love metal.

metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNUvP5E6bqY
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

lobo
#36 Posted : 5/3/2013 6:18:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nobody said sunn o))) ???? Big grin

hug46
#37 Posted : 5/3/2013 10:34:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
..i must admit, though not a 'metal-head', South Of Heaven was pretty good on LSD way back at the time..couldn't stop laughing for the whole album..Laughing ..great lyrics and riffing..

I have had a similar experience with this band

Metal rocks! I actually think listening to metal while tripping every now and then is a necessity for spiritual growth!

I dont listen to much new metal but the album below is a little belter and if i can remember next time i"m on LSD, i"ll give it a listen.

Inner Paths
#38 Posted : 5/3/2013 1:23:39 PM

MomentOfTruth wrote:
InnerPathsToOuterSpace wrote:
nen888 wrote:

SLEEP
OM

Exactly... I have it on LP and that extra crackle even adds more amazingness to it!!!

Those dudes are cosmically inclined to make insanely dope music! Even after splitting up they made great music. High on fire has alot of great stuff(Matt Pike) and OM was incredible on Pilgrimage/Varations/Conference. (when chris was still the drummer... lol)

Anyone who has not listened to the aforementioned bands should take a word of advice... LISTEN... These guys are definitely down...

Late reply. I've been enjoying Om's "Pilgrimage" album, really epic and mystical stuff. Reminds me of pre-DSOTM Pink Floyd in it's mellow moments (AKA "Set The Controls For The Heart of the Sun" ). Really digging High on Fire's first album "Art of Self Defence" also Twisted Evil

DeDao
#39 Posted : 5/3/2013 2:02:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One time I took LSD and a friend of mine put on screamo music... It quickly threw me into a dark mental state. Would never do it again.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Parshvik Chintan
#40 Posted : 5/3/2013 6:15:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i listen to metal all the time, both on tryptamines and ergolines.

mors principium est is consistently my favorite. dark flood is pretty good too.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

PREV1234NEXT»