We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Ever taken LSD and listened to Heavy Metal? Options

Voidwalk
#1 Posted : 3/13/2012 7:42:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well my friend and I are doing exactly that this weekend, we're both big metalheads, and to this day all of our trips have consisted of pschedellic, psytrance, ambient, dubstep, all that good riff-raff, so we're real excited to hear a Death Metal growl ecompass us into its world while we're peaking Very happy

Has anybody else ever done this?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SHroomtroll
#2 Posted : 3/13/2012 8:29:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did listen to some pink floyd one evening instead of my normal psy music, it was actually very nice and a good variation from the normal bleeps and thumps that i listen to, heavy metal though would probably not do it for me.

Purges
#3 Posted : 3/13/2012 9:02:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Experimentation is the name of the game here! You might love it, you may not. I prefer electronic sounds while tripping generally, but a well placed rock / metal track during an acid experience can be quite exceptional. Music and acid are certainly best buddies Smile
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

endlessness
#4 Posted : 3/13/2012 9:48:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not heavy metal but... Try Tool Very happy

Enoon
#5 Posted : 3/13/2012 9:52:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

or mars volta...
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

lyserge
#6 Posted : 3/13/2012 10:09:12 AM

polyfather anomalous

meshuggah and opeth!
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Key Omen
#7 Posted : 3/13/2012 11:14:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes at an acid party I played music and the dj after me spun heavy metal vynil, that was - different, comical at times, and just, well - somethin else. It was cool though, all abstract, no words. Noisy. Everyone was happy when the next dj went on, but still thought it was cool.

Metanoia
#8 Posted : 3/13/2012 6:35:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lysergify wrote:
meshuggah and opeth!

Oh, for damn sure. Very happy Meshuggah was playing the first time I dosed, and the song playing while I peaked is forever tattooed on my brain... Very happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhK5r9wRKu0

Being a big metalhead myself, and tripping on all different kinds of substances while listening to metal, I do recommend it to people who are already fans of the genre. Most people who don't enjoy it sober, well, are going to really despise it while tripping Very happy

Nile is one of my personal favorites to listen to while tripping. And like endlessness said, for a more progressive style, Tool is the absolute best. Most prog. rock and metal are conducive to tripping I find Pleased

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 3/13/2012 7:12:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its def. is on my list.
I would like to try negura bunget.

Infundibulum
#10 Posted : 3/13/2012 7:53:27 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

obliguhl wrote:
Its def. is on my list.
I would like to try negura bunget.

Yes, definitely negure bunget...

Burzum is also great for tripping, earliest albms though, not the keyboard stuff

Immolation, Incantation and Malevolent Creation are also 3 great bands for tripping if you're into death metal as well.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

un-known-ome
#11 Posted : 3/13/2012 9:01:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stereo Fidelity

The last minute of this song is and was mind-blowing on LSD. Trance music is always enjoyable as well. Anything you can really feel, close your eyes, and lose yourself in.
"Culture is NOT your friend" - TMK

Dead-Yolk-Mau5
- Yolks N' Stuff ( 2008 )

The year is 01 ADMT

Doodazzle
#12 Posted : 3/13/2012 9:11:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love metal. Have been at more than one festival and randomly walked by the campsite or van that was blasting some dope Lizzy Borden, or Maiden and just been like "hell yeah" Though slayer may be a bit on the negatrive side for m,ost trippers. Even "silly" stuff, some classic GNR or Crue, whatever....just depends on the mood of the night and how it is taken. Err, yeah, generally slayer, or anything called death metal is too far negative.

Therion, Neuorosis or others already mentioned (Opeth, Meshugga, Tool).

Pantera and the like comes off silly. Quit trying to sound so tough! Also, that tough guy stuff can likewise set off a dark experiences....

Yeah, I'd stick to the fun 80's classics (DIO, Borden, ect) or the deep proggy stuff.

\m/ hails! \m/
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Mindlusion
#13 Posted : 3/13/2012 9:37:54 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Oh, yes, its unreal.

Just last weekend I consumed 4 blotter of LSD, later into the night I got out the LSDMT and the music.

I had been a listening a lot to the album 'Act of Depression' by Underoath

I like to choose music that I've recently had strong emotions attached with.

5 or so hours into the trip, it was time to smoke DMT, I turned on the music, took the hit, and things got very LSDMT.

I was very pleased with my choice of music, my most memorable part of this experience (I believe was near the end of the track 'a love so pure'Pleased was at the peak of the inhaled DMT.

The thrashing guitars seem to come to life, cutting in, grinding out, all in perfect time with the vocals, it was absolutely intense, and utterly wonderful.

All in all, listening to metal on LSD or DMT, or LSDMT, you just have to love the music, and let it speak for itself.

Edit: Also i'd like to point out that this type of music, though I do enjoy on a regular basis, would not my choice of music for the majority of the time while on LSD, I don't believe it would be good for my psyche either.. But as for the ego shattering moments, like combined with DMT or a strong peak, its just dandy. Aggressive guitar riffs.. Drop D.. DROP C! no wait.. drop A!
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

nen888
#14 Posted : 3/13/2012 10:50:30 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..years and years ago i ended up sitting in a car on LSD with a friend who insisted on playing Slayer..
it was like comic book/horror movie coming to life..we both couldn't stop laughing (especially at lyrics like "Death is fucking you insane!" ) ..utterly hillarious (though not my usual music choice in such situations) ..the albums were South of Heaven and Reign In Blood.. ("surgery, with no anesthesia..!" lol Smile )

endlessness
#15 Posted : 3/14/2012 12:42:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also had a friend who loved Iron Maiden and made me listen to it when we took a few hits of acid once, I must say it was quite an experience. Some songs were very epic, it felt like there was indeed 'something' to it. It was some songs from "seventh son" and "somewhere in time cd".. It's been many years since I've listened to it, though...

Key Omen
#16 Posted : 3/14/2012 5:12:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heres a lil sumn sumn put together just for this specific purpose that a friend produced. This is bomb, but its so hard core I can't seem to play it for anyone! http://www.discogs.com/S...Dominion/release/1872517

Skeemer
#17 Posted : 3/16/2012 6:47:17 PM

remeeks

The guitar riffs and rhythms are aggressive and sic as hell. Heavy metal is kind of like dubstep to me personally, i can only handle it for about 30-60 minutes and then it all sounds the same to me and gets annoying and boring. I prefer some good breaks or psytrance or psychedelic rock(pink floyd or jimi hendrix, doors, janis joplin are my favs).

maybe a heavy metal set by a good band may have some sort of concept behind it and each track could lead into the next crating a little journey...that might not get as boring. the journey may not be the most pleasant...lol, but being metal head you and you friend might like it.

have fun and share the experience

Ellis D'Empty
#18 Posted : 3/17/2012 9:30:39 AM

Snirfneblin

The real fun is when you bust out the guitar and amp and crunch some metal yourself ^^
01:13:08 โ€นEllis DEmptyโ€บ I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Korey
#19 Posted : 3/26/2012 9:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On one of my 1mg LSD voyages, a friend of mine who was with me and sober, decided to play Orbs - Megaloblastic Madness. It was equally beautiful and dark at the same time, I have never been trapped in a song for so long in my life. It was so excessive to the point where I accepted my existence and reality as "being this song." Melodies and vocals carried me all throughout the room and to outerspace with both positive and negative emotions exploding into existence with every moment of eternity. When it was over and the song transitioned over to a Tycho song, I was relieved to know that my existence didn't revolve around Megloblastic Madness.

โ€œThe most compelling insight of that day was that this awesome recall had been brought about by a fraction of a gram of a white solid, but that in no way whatsoever could it be argued that these memories had been contained within the white solid. Everything I had recognized came from the depths of my memory and my psyche. I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit. We may choose not to find access to it, we may even deny its existence, but it is indeed there inside us, and there are chemicals that can catalyze its availability.โ€

Walter D. Roy
#20 Posted : 4/10/2012 2:09:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
or mars volta...

Yes! or just some good ol' Omar Rodriguez would be good Smile Or the best band ever Primus/Les ClaypoolLaughing
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

123NEXT»