We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
[NEW LAYOUT] Start of new layout initiated Options

astral-lark
#21 Posted : 3/10/2012 1:41:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Is the banner meant to be dynamic, or are several of them being tested out? Jslattum's is definitely the best. It fits very well.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Phantastica
#22 Posted : 3/10/2012 1:54:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nice Trav! I'm diggin it!!
Very happy
<3

JohnHuman
#23 Posted : 3/10/2012 2:08:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks sweet as anything. Just a couple lines in your coding missing. I am looking for them so i can assist you to make it much easier for you.

Al Dimentiz
#24 Posted : 3/10/2012 5:53:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm loving it. It looks great on my IPhone and it's very easy to navigate.

Keep up the good job traveler.
"The Medicine Will Always Be There For Those Who Seek It"

Phantastica
#25 Posted : 3/10/2012 6:08:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

surfing the new layout makes me feel like i moved out into a brand new million dollar houseVery happy
<3

The Traveler
#26 Posted : 3/10/2012 11:33:08 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

astral-lark wrote:
Is the banner meant to be dynamic, or are several of them being tested out? Jslattum's is definitely the best. It fits very well.

The banners are randomly shown each time you refresh the page.

The next things I will work on are:
* Fixing the small 'features'.
* Let people choose which banner they want to have (or none)
* Let people choose if they like to have the liquid layout or not
* Make a 'reverse' (actually a negative) version of the current theme for people who find the current one hard to read

Kind regards,

The Traveler

The Traveler
#27 Posted : 3/10/2012 11:33:48 AM

"No, seriously"

psychedelicbuddha wrote:
Looks sweet as anything. Just a couple lines in your coding missing. I am looking for them so i can assist you to make it much easier for you.

Any help is appreciated. Smile

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Saidin
#28 Posted : 3/10/2012 4:50:15 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Thanks for all the hard work!

Is one of the goals to have it easier to read on mobile devices? The current version only takes up the 50% of my desktop screen with dead space at the sides, whereas the previous one took advantage of the whole screen.

I'm just having difficulty with reading top to bottom, rather than left to right as I'm used to. A suggestion, if/when you give a negative/reverse option have the thread title, then the author w/(subforum) and then the time. That in my opinion is the order of importance for information regarding a post. If you could even move the time to the right portion of the line, that would be better in my opinion.

Definitely looks cool! I love the new banners.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

The Traveler
#29 Posted : 3/10/2012 5:09:05 PM

"No, seriously"

Saidin wrote:
Thanks for all the hard work!

Is one of the goals to have it easier to read on mobile devices? The current version only takes up the 50% of my desktop screen with dead space at the sides, whereas the previous one took advantage of the whole screen.

I'm just having difficulty with reading top to bottom, rather than left to right as I'm used to. A suggestion, if/when you give a negative/reverse option have the thread title, then the author w/(subforum) and then the time. That in my opinion is the order of importance for information regarding a post. If you could even move the time to the right portion of the line, that would be better in my opinion.

Definitely looks cool! I love the new banners.

For this type of layout you might take a peek at this thread: [NEW FUNCTIONALITY] Mobile view!

Though at this moment I think it needs some more optimizing for the mobile view.

And the idea of the fixed layout is that with the growing screen sizes you don't have to move your eyes from right back to complete left that much. When looking at a 24" screen it was becoming quite a feat to just read a few lines for some.

However, for the people who like the liquid sizing I will make it an option.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Bill Cipher
#30 Posted : 3/10/2012 5:16:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to say that I'm loving all the new banners. Awesome work from all who contributed. It's like a cool new surprise every time I go to a page and find one I haven't seen yet.

Once
#31 Posted : 3/10/2012 5:17:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Traveler,

Thanks for your hard work. The new banners look great. I personally like the rotating banners. I think that by using contributions from across the nexus community we can get a greater sense for what the site is all about than just using one banner. If its not too much of a pain for you, I think that we should take sample banners up to a cut off date, and then rotate from that pool to achieve a balance and reflect the different creative interpretations of the DMT experience from our community.

Thanks, great job on banners everyone!
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Dante
#32 Posted : 3/10/2012 7:08:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks trav!
Listen to a man of experience: thou wilt learn more in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach thee more than thou canst acquire from the mouth of a master. St. Bernard

soulthatcreates
#33 Posted : 3/10/2012 7:52:32 PM

simply beautiful

Really diggin' the new look! Smile
This, what I'm experiencing now, is a whole new level of my being.

The Traveler
#34 Posted : 3/10/2012 10:42:04 PM

"No, seriously"

Currently the following has been implemented:

* Fixing the small 'features'.
* Let people choose to hide the banner
* Let people choose if they like to have the liquid layout or not

People probably need to refresh their browser again since the CSS files is slightly changed again!

LIQUID OR NO BANNER

To change these settings you can go to My Profile -> Edit Profile.

After saving it will not directly show it perfectly, for that you need to refresh one more time by just clicking one of the links on the forum.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

skippyluvs
#35 Posted : 3/10/2012 10:56:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Love it, lovely initiative Smile

soulfood
#36 Posted : 3/11/2012 3:53:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

All nice and central now...

None too shabby Smile

3rdI
#37 Posted : 3/11/2012 9:22:59 AM

veni, vidi, spici

All looking good Travel, I'm loving the changing banners.

Only thing I'm not gettin on with is that when I view on my phone, I used to double tap my screen and it would zoom in and then resize the text to fit in the zoomed view. It now zooms in but the text doesn't resize. Is this a setting that I have missed?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Visty
#38 Posted : 3/11/2012 10:16:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The quick reply area is smaller than before. Any chance you can increase the size when you click to reply?

Now there are only 3 lines visible.

The Traveler
#39 Posted : 3/11/2012 4:05:35 PM

"No, seriously"

Saidin wrote:
Time showing up first on the listing doesn't make sense to me and the stacking of post information makes it far more confusing to read for me. I prefer the old layout, and hopefully there will be an option to use it.

Saidin wrote:

Time has been moved to the second place. And you can select the 'Liquid layout design' in your profile.

Also the Mobile view is now much improved. I hope you like it.

3rdI wrote:
All looking good Travel, I'm loving the changing banners.

Only thing I'm not gettin on with is that when I view on my phone, I used to double tap my screen and it would zoom in and then resize the text to fit in the zoomed view. It now zooms in but the text doesn't resize. Is this a setting that I have missed?

This has been fixed. I think you will love the new Mobile layout. Pleased

Visty wrote:
The quick reply area is smaller than before. Any chance you can increase the size when you click to reply?

Now there are only 3 lines visible.

The Quick reply area is now set to a much higher height. You might need to Ctrl+F5 again to refresh the CSS file.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Macre
#40 Posted : 3/11/2012 4:18:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like it Smile the Nexus is looking as beautiful as ever

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

PREV123NEXT