We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
The ayahuasca lessons Options

olympus mon
#1 Posted : 3/5/2012 7:01:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

side note- im placing these writings here first at the good advice of trav. im not sure what people will make of these writings but feel id like to share these thoughts and ideas with my closest nexus family. im having a very mind blowing experience out here and as always i lean on the community to help integrate and grow. here you go.

The ayahuasca lessons.

The following words and ideas are that which have been shown to me from my experinces with ayahuasca. Although some, if not most I do believe to be accurate and real I'm not claiming that they are anything other than my personal experinces and perception. These words are for you to do what you wish with them, take what you find interesting or helpful or simply disregard them if thats what feels right. I'm not claiming to know anything although I must be honest and say I have found no reasons to not believe them to be possible if not probable. With that I shall begin.

The setting ive chosen to do my work with ayahuasca is in the small Shipibo village of San Francisco in the southern Amazon of Peru near the Ucayali river. The master shaman of the Shipibo village is named Don Mateo and has 2 apprentices; Emelio and Efrian. The two men have been learning under Mateo for over ten years now. They drink and hold ceremony 7 nights a week for the past decade! Each one has their own special qualities and gifts and I find myself feeling a unique connection to all three men. The ayahuasca we drink is made from various caapi vines as well as chacruna. At my request they have reserved for me a more concentrated brew of ayahuasca with larger amounts of chacruna as i was having to drink up to five times of the groups brew to reach my desired state. The shamans here are very accomodating and understand and encourage my desire to go as deep as possible to learn all I can.

My fist 3 ceremonies were all very different but mostly about cleansing my body. The purges were many and usually happen at the end of the ceremony and out of both ends.The purge is essential and as important as the visions and information I am learning. I am watching myself grow younger each day as the medicine removes physical, emotional, and spirtual toxins from my body. I will discuss the purge in more detail at a later time because I feel its very misunderstood and needlessly feared by many people interested in ayahuasca.

On my fourth ceremony ayahuasca felt I was cleansed enough to begin recieving her message and information. What follows in the following paragraphs is what I was shown in the most in depth and intense psychedelic experience of my life. In order for me to explain this first lesson however I must first discuss the nature and definition of reality as I see it.

For me reality is the foundation in which everything else is built upon other than consiousness. Before there can be matter, physical laws, univerese's, multiverses, and even higher dimensions there must first be reality. Nothing as we understand it could exist without reality so its no wonder that understanding what, and how reality exists would be my first lesson from ayahuasca.

What was show to me cant actually be described with words but before i go any further id like to take a minute to focus on the word "shown" rather than using the word told and explain why its such a brilliant way to recieve information. Quite simply put I can tell you how a combustion engine works in as much detail as words will allow but no description spoken could ever be more clearly understood than if I was to show you a working cross section of an engine. In other words the impressive thing about the aya lessons to me is that she didnt tell me anything, she showed me. What this all looked like I can not describe as any psychedelic explorer can understand how words fall so painfully short in describing a psychedelic vision.

Lesson one was quite suprising to me because it contradicted my previous notion of ONE-NESS. That meaning we are all one. In a way this is true but in another way its not entirely accurate. However although it contradicted one of my previous beliefs it also confirmed another. That being that there is and always must be perfect balance. The example of sound could not exist without silence is a good one. Without silence there would just be a continous sound that in itslef would be un-identifyable or impossible to perceive.

Heres what was shown to me. In the begining there was a single form of primordial consiuosness, a singularity that chose to divide into two in order to evolve and be able to experience and perceive itself. (again think of the sound without silence analogy) The division looked much like a cell self replicating and created the needed universal balance with 2 opposing but harmonious consciousness's. Sentient being consiousness and what at this time i can only describe as the others and their consiuosness. What the others are has not been shown to me and i have a feeling wont or more likely cant be so i will just have to leave that for now. I use the words sentient being consiousness because human consiousness is a false belief as there are many different sentient entitys or beings that exist and to think only advanced life forms from planet earth are the only ones to have consiousness is absurd.

In sentient being consiuosness, or s.b.c. for short, we are all one and we are all connected and entangled. Feeling we are separate from another person is no different from a dog chasing its own tail thinking its separate from her/him. What was shown to me was that for reality as we know it to exist it must be agreed upon to exist by both forms of consiousness. I was shown that at the most grass root level of existence, the only thing that does actually does exist is this agreement. The agreement must be of free will between the 2 forms of consiousness, the s.b.c and the others. For reality to be created both sides agreed it to be so of free will. The reason shown to me for the need to have reality was to create a setting for consciosness to grow and evolve as this is the master law of all things. nothing stays the same. For consiousness to grow it requires sentient beings to become self aware of their true nature and for these beings to exist their must be reality otherwise the primordial singularity would simply remain static as is thus breaking the first master law. Everything must change, evolve and progress.

In our univerese this agreement was the moment science refers to as the Big Bang. In that single instant of the agreement reality was created and everything popped into existance, i.e. physical matter, gravity, time/space ext. all in accordence with the master law of evolutionary progression. Sub atomic particles became atoms, atoms become molecules molecules became hydrogen gas which in turn created the stars and eventually all the heavy elements we now have making up everything in our universe such as the planets and eventually primitive life forms that evolved into advanced beings. Nothing remains the same.

What was also shown to me was why this agrrement was needed. In order for there to be perfect balance the others reality can not exist if ours does not and vice versus. Therfore their consiuosness can not evolve without their own form of reality just as ours can not. This is why it must be a mutual agreement between worlds. If there is a God, a creating force, it seems to me it would be the others and since we are the equal opposing half of the balance we too are the creator some choose to call God.

One interesting part of this exeperience of mine was that I was allowed to take an active role in it. I separated from reality and in order to return I too had to make this agreement for myself with the others which i did. When i came back to our reality with this new understanding I found myself sitting on my mat in the moloko listening to the icaro's of the shamans awe struck and amazed at what had just transpired. Even now 3 days later im still in awe of what I experienced. It truly felt as if my reality would not exist if I didnt agree it to exist with the others. Although we can never merge or be part of their consiuosness not even in death, they are sepperate but equal and merging would create an imbalance and break the second master law. There must always be perfect balance. We as s.b.c. will always remain in our own consiuosness. They did however make sure we have a bridge to their reality and this information in the form of medicinal psychotropic plants, fungi, and psychedelic compounds most notably dimethyltrytamine and the tryptamine family. These our or land line's so to speak to the others.

This is very hard to put into words and im probably not doing a very good job. Again im not claiming to know all the answers and much like you I actually now have more questions than answers. For starters what are the others and where did the primordial single consiuosness come from? The only clue i have as to what the others are is that they are the entities seen and contacted in altered states most noteably dimethyltryptamine. What they are I have no clue yet but truly hope I am granted some insights into that question.

This first lesson is far from a complete explanation of what reality is but for me its a good starting point. Its closer than ive come to understanding the true nature of things on my own, that is of coarse if this is all true. Lets face it there has always been three camps here on the nexus. Those that believe the entities are real, those that believe this is all simply nuero chemistry of the brain, and those that are agnostic. I've always leaned tords the agnostic approach but after a very powerful peak dmt experinece a couple years back I most certainly fall under the camp that these beings are as real as you and I if not more so. However after consulting briefly with trav i was given the much needed pause to take a min and look at this all very objectively. Either way I still feel its fascinating and hope some others will enjoy it too. thank you trav.

Thats all for now. Soon will be my 5 th ceremony and i hope to have more to write at the end of it.
Namaste
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sally
#2 Posted : 3/5/2012 7:20:43 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Hey Olympus Mon Smile I am glad to hear you are gaining much from your travels and I hope such fortune will continue for you in the future.

I don't usually take the time to read experience reports, but I enjoyed reading your post. Your style of writing has changed...you seem wiser yet still humble. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I look forward to more updates in the future!

Much love,
Sally xx
ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

ॐ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR ॐ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .

۩
#3 Posted : 3/5/2012 7:37:06 PM

Thank you so much for documenting and sharing this with us OM. I am going to sit down later and read this. <3

jamie
#4 Posted : 3/5/2012 7:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Wow! I am very much on the same page as you Olympus. I too believe that what I have experienced with the medicine is real. I have no doubt about it at this point.

This was the best ayahuasca report I have read and it vibes very well with some of the things I have experienced recently with ayahuasca. This medicine is the most transformational and interactive of the medicines I have worked with and it just is soo amazingly deep..the rabbit hole goes deeper than I think I could ever imagine.

It is hard to deny these things when you live them..I think alot of dedicated ayahuasca drinkers feel the same way. When you do the work with the medicine for long enough at some point it just positions itself right in the center of your story.

Best of luck with your journey and future ceremonies!
Long live the unwoke.

ragabr
#5 Posted : 3/5/2012 8:00:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for taking a break to share this OlyMon! You story resonates so strongly with some of my own visions that I feel I know almost exactly what you're talking about. Particularly about the agreement being made, and then having to consciously accept that we did make the agreement.

I'm so happy to hear that you found the group you needed and that you have their support. Be well!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

SWIMfriend
#6 Posted : 3/5/2012 8:10:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A perception is meaningful only as far as the wisdom used to interpret it.
A perception is objectively verifiable only by experimentation--by "using it" in the real world, and noting whether it "works."

IMO, with that information in mind, it's apparent that enhanced perceptions are only a part of the process of growth--not the whole thing.

And from there I come to the conclusion that treating enhanced perceptions as direct revelations of objective reality may be...naive.

joedirt
#7 Posted : 3/5/2012 11:33:18 PM

Not I

Quote:
This first lesson is far from a complete explanation of what reality is but for me its a good starting point. Its closer than ive come to understanding the true nature of things on my own, that is of coarse if this is all true. Lets face it there has always been three camps here on the nexus. Those that believe the entities are real, those that believe this is all simply nuero chemistry of the brain, and those that are agnostic. I've always leaned tords the agnostic approach but after a very powerful peak dmt experinece a couple years back I most certainly fall under the camp that these beings are as real as you and I if not more so. However after consulting briefly with trav i was given the much needed pause to take a min and look at this all very objectively. Either way I still feel its fascinating and hope some others will enjoy it too. thank you trav.

Even after having more than one real spiritual experience with these compounds my analytical brain would fight me repeatedly on it. "It was just drug induced." "It wasn't real"...ah but the nagging wouldn't go away. When I finally gave into it I felt a nice warm peace come over me. The turmoil was gone. Today I have no doubt that what we experience on DMT is just as real as any other experience. Yes I fully realize, like you do, that I could be wrong, but I have no experiential based evidence to suggest any different. As alway's I've maintained an agreement with myself that I won't hold any belief so dear that I won't change it...and this is no different.

BTW How many sessions are you planning to undertake? Also I'm very curious about the longer term effects after you quit. Would you mind keeping us updated for 30 or so day's after your last session? I'm just curious what your experience will be.

Peace...and Good Luck

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

jamie
#8 Posted : 3/6/2012 12:30:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

SWIMfriend wrote:

And from there I come to the conclusion that treating enhanced perceptions as direct revelations of objective reality may be...naive.

I understand that point of view and have felt that way on and off over the years..I feel there is a difference thought between having psychedelic experiences(even many of them) and then having one or many like the one posted about here. It is just a whole other level and you can take LSD or whatever 100 times and smoke DMT etc and still not get there for whatever reason. These levels are talked about often though I find among people who do alot of work with both iboga and ayahuasca. Afterwords it is hard to remain skeptical of such things..

It is both humbling and stupifying.
Long live the unwoke.

SWIMfriend
#9 Posted : 3/6/2012 1:00:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
SWIMfriend wrote:

I understand that point of view and have felt that way on and off over the years..I feel there is a difference thought between having psychedelic experiences(even many of them) and then having one or many like the one posted about here. It is just a whole other level and you can take LSD or whatever 100 times and smoke DMT etc and still not get there for whatever reason. These levels are talked about often though I find among people who do alot of work with both iboga and ayahuasca. Afterwords it is hard to remain skeptical of such things..

Well...yeah. If someone slaps me in the face, I'm not going to spend much time considering whether somebody REALLY slapped me in the face. Perceptions, in some sense, deserve to be taken at their face value (oops, no pun intended). But even in that case, there's more to perceive than the fact that you've been slapped in the face--maybe the thing that REALLY needs to be perceived is that someone is ATTACKING you, maybe is about to kill you. There's still interpretation involved with any perception. Perceptions as plain fact usually aren't really interesting--it's their interpretation that's interesting...and that's also the place where mistakes can be made.

In fact people are never communicating their perceptions to others (they can't), they're communicating their INTERPRETATIONS of their perceptions--and interpretations ARE always susceptible to error. At least, that's been the common human experience.

If I showed up in Brazil one hundred years ago, and showed an ayahuascero a DVD player showing Sin City, he would have no trouble interpreting his perceptions of what he saw as either a box that could induce a vision, or that I had personally trapped an army of demons in my box. He would no doubt be quite FEARFUL in either case, etc. His perception would be accurate, but his interpretation would be comically wrong.

...and there's NO WAY to positively determine that can't happen at any time to anyone, under any circumstances. After all, the ayahuascero's perception would be VIVID (especially if he saw it on a 52" plasma display), it would be ACCURATE as far as it goes--yet it would be wrong. There's no escaping that--and that's ALWAYS relevant when we perceive something new to us.

Ice House
#10 Posted : 3/6/2012 5:49:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Oly Brother, Thank you for sharing. I have read you post several times now and wow! Sounds like you are getting some valuable solid work in. I cant wait to read more. I wish I could be there with you. My time will come soon enough though. Take care brother. I wish you lots of love and light.

Be safe.

Ice House
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

joedirt
#11 Posted : 3/6/2012 12:38:07 PM

Not I

SWIMfriend wrote:
jamie wrote:
SWIMfriend wrote:

Well...yeah. If someone slaps me in the face, I'm not going to spend much time considering whether somebody REALLY slapped me in the face. Perceptions, in some sense, deserve to be taken at their face value (oops, no pun intended). But even in that case, there's more to perceive than the fact that you've been slapped in the face--maybe the thing that REALLY needs to be perceived is that someone is ATTACKING you, maybe is about to kill you. There's still interpretation involved with any perception. Perceptions as plain fact usually aren't really interesting--it's their interpretation that's interesting...and that's also the place where mistakes can be made.

In fact people are never communicating their perceptions to others (they can't), they're communicating their INTERPRETATIONS of their perceptions--and interpretations ARE always susceptible to error. At least, that's been the common human experience.

If I showed up in Brazil one hundred years ago, and showed an ayahuascero a DVD player showing Sin City, he would have no trouble interpreting his perceptions of what he saw as either a box that could induce a vision, or that I had personally trapped an army of demons in my box. He would no doubt be quite FEARFUL in either case, etc. His perception would be accurate, but his interpretation would be comically wrong.

...and there's NO WAY to positively determine that can't happen at any time to anyone, under any circumstances. After all, the ayahuascero's perception would be VIVID (especially if he saw it on a 52" plasma display), it would be ACCURATE as far as it goes--yet it would be wrong. There's no escaping that--and that's ALWAYS relevant when we perceive something new to us.

After walking down a very similar path as this far a long time it dawned on me that I couldn't be certain of anything. Period. The ONLY thing I have is my perception. My reality is determined by my perception. What more could there possible be? I believe every man at some point has to solidify some sort of world model under which to guide his life. For me, I've crossed that bridge from being a hardcore skeptic to I guess you'd say a believer. I believe based on everything I see that this universe is immensely vast in it's complexity and I realize that there will simply be no way what-so-ever to form a 100% perfectly correct world view.

At least for right now, I see no reason to not believe these things could be true. Let's put it another way. Does Oly have anything to lose by accepting his visions as correct pieces of the puzzle? I don't think he does. As long as he keeps his mind open I see no problem in embracing a world view that was pulled out of the ether and delivered to the door step of your mind. In fact...it can give someone quite a bit of piece of mind...a purpose if you will.

Stay open not skeptical. That is what is currently working for me right now.

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

polytrip
#12 Posted : 3/6/2012 2:57:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Maybe some things can indeed not be truly shown with words. Maybe some forms of information are so complex, subtle or multi-layered that the only form of information storage or processing that can actually hold it, is that of a 'system' wich is counscious.

Gòdel´s theorem shows that (even within very well defined, axiomatic systems) there can be propositions of wich you can know that they´re true, while they´re completely unprovable....so how can you know them? How can somebody even have concipated such a theorem?

Counsiousness must have a structure that is so fundamentally different from any other information processing system that it can do things that are technically impossible for any other information system, like language or formal logic.

I think that when you speak of 'reality', you´re speaking of something that indeed cannot be understood or communicated by using formal logic or language.

I believe that we can indeed know and experience 'reality', but although i´ve tried...i have never been able to put it into words that make any sense.

When you speak of things like one-ness and separateness of things, it will resonate with many people who have experienced ayahuasca, but others won´t understand a word of it, maybe. I like to use the word 'harmony' when it comes to these sort of relationships and the 'space' in wich they can exist. But it´s a word again. It will not resonate with someone who has not experienced it for himself.

Nevertheless, it´s a very important thing: In my darkest hours, the only thing that i could ever cling onto, was that i am not alone, but part of something infinitely bigger. I think that may be the only thing, the only realisation we can ever have, that can guide us through the chaos of life.....without it, we would be nowhere, we would have no compass at all.

Shadowman-x
#13 Posted : 3/6/2012 4:59:43 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

This is a fantastic post. I approve of this post, I approve of this story, and I approve of these lessons.
The way you've described, prefaced and P.S'd your experience is just spectacular and phenomenal in any way.
Completely open to interpretation, yet not irrational, questioning and skeptical yet open to belief and true experience.

It's as damn good a metaphor as any other I've seen for why we exist, encompassing both duality and singularity and interconnectedness. Being god and having otherwordly force. I have often felt the spirit realm was the mirror image to our realm, and that metaphysical events (stories, metaphors, thoughts feelings and emotions) were in some senses, an energetic being's experience of our solid physical realm.

Fantastic. +20.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

SWIMfriend
#14 Posted : 3/6/2012 6:48:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
After walking down a very similar path as this far a long time it dawned on me that I couldn't be certain of anything. Period....

I understand that perspective. But it does ignore the fact that perceptions alone really aren't much...and that we always DO make interpretations of our perceptions--it simply can't be avoided. What I think is that perhaps the states involved with psychedelic use--or, for example Temporal Lobe Epilepsy--make us vulnerable to MISSING that interpretations have been "jumped to."

And it isn't just extraordinary states that are always to blame--it's all too easy to acquire bad habits regarding interpretation: The ayahuasceros I made up a story about would probably claim they hadn't made any interpretation--they were only reporting what they saw: demons in a box. They COULD HAVE taken a position that strange people from distant lands may be up to some weird new stuff, but they "jumped to" another perspective...which turns out to be completely wrong.

And, IMO, this is where rationality, and a sincere desire to be TRUTHFUL at all costs, has value.

Imagine one has a dream of sexual communion with someone (let's say, a person with whom such an event never happened in real life). The feelings involved are FAR BETTER and more intense than one had ever experienced! One might interpret and think the unusual intensity of the experience predicts the future--and they're going to get into a relationship with that person; a speculative interpretation. One might interpret that the internal truth for them is that the person in the dream is the one they "really love," and they're no longer really in love with the person they're now living with; a rather "assumptive" interpretation; it assumes that "love" is absolute and permanent--rather than something that might fluctuate with experience or the passage of time. OR, one could base an interpretation on an IRREFUTABLE TRUTH, and "honest" assessment of the experience: The depth of their feelings in real life do not approach the intensity of their feelings in dreams! Now that's merely FACTUAL, but from that true fact, perhaps some FURTHER fruitful interpretation could arise: maybe they should consider that they are INHIBITING their expression of love in the real world, and that their ordinary conscious experience is burdened by emotional ambivalence. Lot's of quite FRUITFUL stuff comes up when one makes a special effort to not be LAZY in interpretation, and when one begins by not "jumping to" final interpretations.

Take another example. A post of a breakthrough experience has recently been made that I quite liked. I especially liked this from it:

I was everything and nothing at the same time I was a universe that was constantly changing, spherically folding in on itself, absorbing itself, and re exploding to send out new universes and consciousnesses that would continue spherically folding in on themselves, absorbing themselves and re-exploding, to form new universes and consciousnesses. Everything that is in our world now, never really existed, it was just a part of my way of experiencing myself as something more than just myself. I created me and you and every other person and plant and animal and rock and water and dirt. But so did you, because if you are my creation, you are just another aspect of me, which means I am your creation. There was no time, there were just different slices of an infinite pie that I could see all at the same time from linear cyclical and random perspective.

Now one could take that literally, word for word. It would be VERY interesting. It is very similar to the experiences of many, and to the mystical writings of many disciplines. One could take that away and feel one had used DMT to useful effect. Certainly, one could have something to prop up an ego with, by proudly announcing an earned and witnessed perception of how the universe "really is." He could write a book; start a religion--or at least have a cool story for his grandkids!

But I wonder, other than having an experience to be REALLY EXCITED ABOUT, where can he "go" with his interpretation? In a way, that interpretation is a dead end--that's it. Story over. Pack your bags and go home. (or, he may go back, meet a goddess who tells him she's REALLY the source of the things unfolding that he witnessed, and then tell us about HER next--which leads to further and "deeper" experiences of "reality"--in an apparently endless fashion...and hey, even THAT makes sense! An endless landscape of truth!).

Or...he could make a more sober, rational, "honest" interpretation: that, apparently, human consciousness is able to perceive that which can't fit into the normal conceptual framework we use in our day to day lives. Now that is TRUE--undeniably. And one who had NOT experienced what he had COULD NOT MAKE THAT STATEMENT. With that interpretation arises a rich environment for further interpretation and investigation! Perhaps we're something MORE than what we think. Perhaps our normal mode of consciousness LIMITS us--surely it's inaccurate to some extent, because it EXCLUDES things--or is ignorant about some things. Perhaps people can increase and enhance their "awareness" of such realities WITHOUT concepts--perhaps there's a realm of human existence that is utterly SILENT and WORDLESS. Perhaps there's MUCH more to learn, and this is just the beginning!

I certainly think the first interpretation has GREAT potential as ego fodder, while the second seems to have a basis in humility. Both seem to offer the possibility of endless discovery...but I think the second offers the possibility of increasing WISDOM--because absolute honesty of interpretation is paramount--while the first seems only to offer increasing DATA--more experiences of "fantastic things."

That's a hint of my position...

....I do think it's always useful to keep in mind that experiences which feed one's EGO (sense of self) might just....be a new way to feed an ego. Whereas a process that inherently HUMBLES us (like one that requires simple honesty, and reveals previous ignorance) might be sending us in a NEW DIRECTION, BEYOND merely our ego.

It would be ironic indeed if something that allows us a glimpse of realities beyond our ego just gets used to further SOLIDIFY our ego. I would remind everyone (with a grin!) that irony seems to be a constant shadow of human strivings...

joedirt
#15 Posted : 3/6/2012 11:30:18 PM

Not I

The most logical and rational solution to me is that we all came from one fragmented consciousness.

There is nothing that Oly mentioned that doesn't seem completely rational to me. It's a damned good hypothesis IMHO that agrees with what quite a few other people across many societies and cultures....including myself in some version or another....have arrived at.

The only reason we agree on this consensus reality is because many people observe the same thing...well when many people are having the same perception under psychedelics and other states of mind that suggest a oneness in the universe I think it's worth taking seriously. It's not like we are equating drug use with enlightenment, but perhaps when used wisely it very well can be a tool of enlightenment.

You know what seems irrational to me? The fact that we are even here, I mean one day there was a bang and out of the null set we arose. Our best science points to that conclusion. That's utterly irrational. From nothing came nothing? Oh don't get me wrong. I believe it...sort of. It's just that it still doesn't even approach the real question that is on everyone's mind. From what came all of this. All of this being everything that you can possible define. From what source did it spring? Well what science is telling is is that the further back it traces the more related we all are. If we follow that to it's conclusion it would seem to suggest that we are all one...yet fragmented and now ironically different. But just as we exist in the universe, the universe exists in us.

So, for me, when I ponder the fact that my normal perception is nothing more than a different chemical state of mind it dawns on me that there is no reason to assume one state of mind is more correct than another. Yes sure obviously one sate of mind is probably more fitting for survival on this planet, but does that mean it's the only way to interpret the universe? I mean the truth is we don't have a frigg'in clue about anything. We could literally be dreaming. We could be a placebo effect in some lab. Or we can trust that our perception is what it is....sometimes right and sometimes wrong, but it is the only candle lighting our way.

So knowing that we can't possible answer any of the above questions about the sober/normal reality why is it that we would hold hyperspace to such a standard? I think of hyperspace kinda like someone standing out in the desert completely alone when a UFO comes along. It was perfectly real to the person standing there, but not a single other person would believe it.

To be sure I'm not saying that we should jump to a bunch of conclusions. Not all experiences are equal and every explorer knows that. Some are real and some or illusion. IMHO.

Peace

olympus mon
#16 Posted : 3/6/2012 11:46:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Joedirt- truly, truly well said my friend. actually every single re[ply ive read on this thread has been excellent. it took me a few days to grasp and make heads or tails out of this experience. im still processing it all now.

i understand where swim friend is coming from as well. i guess the difference is that it was my experience so for me it holds a much larger quality to it, but its like alex grey said; "you will never convince a person who hasn't had a mystical/transcendent experience that they exist, and once you have had such an experience you can never convince that being it wasn't real".

thank you all for a great thread.
OM'

SWIMfriend
#17 Posted : 3/7/2012 12:55:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
The most logical and rational solution to me is that we all came from one fragmented consciousness

That's just it: solution to WHAT?

And maybe that's just a difference between us, between the joedirt ego and the SWIMfriend ego. If I happened to know that "we all came from one fragmented consciousness" that would have exactly ZERO VALUE for me. Even the Buddha telling me we're all already perfect Buddhas just as we are means essentially nothing to me. It's useless information. it's...one personal "concept" of a representation of reality.

Reality is something MUCH MORE than words; and reality is certainly not transferred through words.

Use words to GUIDE ME to reality and I'll be forever grateful. Attempt to wrap up reality as a concept and tell it to me and I'll....jump aside so it misses me. It's POINTLESS. And I'm...unsettled?...suspicious?....maybe even amused by those who want to hand out such pearls--who even (I believe mistakenly) SEE THEM as pearls.

Now I hope people won't feel OFFENDED by that; because I don't INTEND OFFENSE...because people here are TRYING...they're out there DOING THINGS...and trying to LEARN...and so I have no QUARREL of any kind with people who are trying to push forward and learn things.

Perhaps, in the end, it comes down to a personal perspective I've developed over a LONG HARD ROAD: the transfer of "real" knowledge is impossible...we're all on our own...and we all have to learn...by learning--and in the end, there's really nothing to tell one another...all we might really do in the end is look at one another and smile...

joedirt
#18 Posted : 3/7/2012 1:07:32 AM

Not I

SWIMfriend wrote:
the end, it comes down to a personal perspective I've developed over a LONG HARD ROAD: the transfer of "real" knowledge is impossible...we're all on our own...and we all have to learn...by learning--and in the end, there's really nothing to tell one another...all we might really do in the end is look at one another and smile...

When the student is ready the teacher will appear.

ragabr
#19 Posted : 3/7/2012 1:14:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:

Use words to GUIDE ME to reality and I'll be forever grateful. Attempt to wrap up reality as a concept and tell it to me and I'll....jump aside so it misses me. It's POINTLESS.

I think the issue is that you believe that all these conversations are operating at the conceptual level. That's what Oly is reaching at when he says the difference between being shown and being told in these lessons.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

olympus mon
#20 Posted : 3/7/2012 2:21:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:

And I'm...unsettled?...suspicious?....maybe even amused by those who want to hand out such pearls--who even (I believe mistakenly) SEE THEM as pearls.

Now I hope people won't feel OFFENDED by that; because I don't INTEND OFFENSE...

swimfriend- is this comment directed at me?

123NEXT