We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Ultimate Way to Smoke DMT Options

Indoril_Nerevar
#21 Posted : 3/4/2012 11:06:15 AM

The third eye,humanity's only hope...

Quote:
ultimate

Quote:
aluminum

wut
The character Indoril_Nerevar is an artistic work of fiction, and thus all his claims and ideas are works of falsehood and fiction and should be treated likewise. There is no relation between Indoril_Nerevar and any real living or dead person, and any existing similarity or seeming relation is purerly coincidental.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Super Radical
#22 Posted : 3/4/2012 11:18:50 AM

Poop Giggle

Last I heard smoking anything off aluminum was just a bad idea. It releases toxins.
Also, it sounds like that could easily burn it. There are so many good ways already used to smoke DMT.

There are some things.

autodidactus
#23 Posted : 3/4/2012 11:57:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

astralspice wrote:
approx, what is the dose your taking with this device? putting the whole tin foil thing aside, you will find that alot of the spice will be forming patterns on the sides of your bottle which means it's a bit of a waste and you'll be taking bigger doses.
I made a Breakthrough waterfall/pisser bong with a 1.5 litre water bottle, a socket, a small hole in the bottom for the piss to evacuate. and noticed this right away. It didn't bother me too much that I was taking probably 60mg hits because it was a ''sure breakthrough'' and just so damn easy to let gravity brew it up then take one big and suprisingly smooth hit

I wonder if you could find some thin glass to replace the foil.

fyi using a socket is just as unhealthy as using foil. most sockets (100% that i've seen) are coated in chrome and it's not a good thing to be heating and inhaling

gibran2
#24 Posted : 3/4/2012 1:57:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

autodidactus wrote:
fyi using a socket is just as unhealthy as using foil. most sockets (100% that i've seen) are coated in chrome and it's not a good thing to be heating and inhaling

Regarding health effects of heating aluminum, chrome, and other metals: the temperatures required to release metal vapors is so high, even for aluminum, that using these materials for smoking devices poses very minimal to no heath risks.

When some metals oxidize, the oxidation might flake off and could be inhaled. This is a different kind of health risk.

You mention chrome – were you aware that the main ingredient that makes stainless steel “stainless” is chrome (chromium)? By your reasoning, every time someone heats up an aluminum or stainless steel frying pan on their stove, they’re exposing themselves to toxic fumes. This simply isn’t the case.

Now if you are a welder, using let’s say arc welding equipment, then you might produce fumes, and if this was your occupation and you were exposed to these fumes all day long 5 days a week, then you would need to be concerned. (In the US, OSHA requires that employers provide protection for workers in such environments.)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jbark
#25 Posted : 3/4/2012 1:57:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think most are in agreement that this "dragon-in-a-cage" Very happy method is FAR from ultimate, it probably works alright... But honestly - aluminum foil is used in cooking, often over an open flame!! That's its PRIMARY use, so i would be surprised if there were any measurable toxicity (surprised, but not shocked! Wink )

I would be more worried about toxicity from the plastic bottle either from accidental heating or a reaction from the heated vapour).

Anyway OP , don't be discouraged by the responses - most here have a fair amount of experience with varied methods, so tend to chuckle when someone makes "ultimate" claims in their first post. Stick around and read around - you might stumble on some other more ultimate methods! Some of them go up to 11...!

Welcome to the nexus,

JBArk

JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

corpus callosum
#26 Posted : 3/4/2012 2:43:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

The method that the opening post mentions is, IMO/E very effective but not the ultimate.I agree with Gibran2 and nen888s posts regarding the little true risk from infrequent use of aluminium foil for vaporising and have had some impressive breakthroughs using it.But the GVG and single inhalations of the total dose is the best smoking method Ive seen so far.Shocked
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

TimeCat
#27 Posted : 3/4/2012 4:00:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not everybody has money at their disposal.he is probably using materials he has handy.if it works then more power to ya.to each his own method.PLUR

ckld
#28 Posted : 3/4/2012 4:30:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I must admit that this method seems not good for the health. But since I hear that it's a efficient method I'd like to suggest if theres any possible "upgrade" of this machine. I mean could we exchange the plastic bottle with a one made of glass and the alluminum with coper?
It's amazing just to find out, so true and so clear that there is no good or bad, only love and fear and that is all we are messing with during our whole human history and WOW that was my first hit. A moment of freedom out of the ape's sealed skin.

Ford Prefect
#29 Posted : 3/5/2012 7:05:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer’s disease.

Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.

I found this at www.alz.org

I'm not sure if I believe this above statement. I have no way of knowing if it's credible. I've deen lied to before so some hidden face can make a buck. Who has a silver filling? Did you know they release a mercury gas when they are impacted. The ADA dosnt want you to know that. Check out The Beautiful Truth documentry (netflix).
Earth: Mostly Harmless... Dont Panic!

RebornInSmoke
#30 Posted : 3/6/2012 1:50:37 AM

Lysergic Feline

ZarathustraMadman wrote:
This is the Ultimate way to smoke DMT.

Materials:

‘Smart Water’ bottle
Aluminum foil
Masking tape
A blank piece of paper or notecard

Sounds pretty disgusting Smile
Gun it to 88...
..::those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak::..
<3

ckld
#31 Posted : 3/6/2012 1:33:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

think I made it, a glass bottle with the bottom cut off and a coper sheet about 0.5 to 1mm thick. Maby I test it in weekend and post some comment.
It's amazing just to find out, so true and so clear that there is no good or bad, only love and fear and that is all we are messing with during our whole human history and WOW that was my first hit. A moment of freedom out of the ape's sealed skin.

nen888
#32 Posted : 3/6/2012 1:52:20 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i agree with TimeCat..
Quote:
Not everybody has money at their disposal.he is probably using materials he has handy.if it works then more power to ya.to each his own method.PLUR
..surely there is a cheaper 'ultimate' way than $99 for a GVG..?
..the aluminum foil allows the material to vaporize in 5-10 seconds..the entire dose can be gazed at in the chamber and inhaled in 1 second..the copper mentioned in the previous post is much thicker..
one would be much more likely to absorb toxins by either cooking food wrapped in foil (a common practice, never bothered me) or by drinking out of long term stored plastic bottles (with plastic particles contaminating the liquid) ..only the very uncoordinated could burn the plastic (and still inhale!)
..a glass chamber is obviously to be preferred, but a very thin and unlikely to burn material like foil has some advantages..

tony
#33 Posted : 3/6/2012 4:06:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888 wrote:
..only the very uncoordinated could burn the plastic (and still inhale!)

You obviously haven't smoked any of the shitty hash that floats around the UK Laughing That stuff was always laced with plastic and it never stopped anyone inhaling, lol.

But yeah, I agree. I see no problem with using tin foil, haven't seen any real evidence of it being particularly harmful.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

autodidactus
#34 Posted : 3/13/2012 12:47:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
autodidactus wrote:

Regarding health effects of heating aluminum, chrome, and other metals: the temperatures required to release metal vapors is so high, even for aluminum, that using these materials for smoking devices poses very minimal to no heath risks.

When some metals oxidize, the oxidation might flake off and could be inhaled. This is a different kind of health risk.

You mention chrome – were you aware that the main ingredient that makes stainless steel “stainless” is chrome (chromium)? By your reasoning, every time someone heats up an aluminum or stainless steel frying pan on their stove, they’re exposing themselves to toxic fumes. This simply isn’t the case.

Now if you are a welder, using let’s say arc welding equipment, then you might produce fumes, and if this was your occupation and you were exposed to these fumes all day long 5 days a week, then you would need to be concerned. (In the US, OSHA requires that employers provide protection for workers in such environments.)

yea you're probably right but why does smoking out of those things have a metallic taste? and where did this "smoking with aluminum foil causes alzheimers" thing come from?

ISeekKnowledge
#35 Posted : 3/16/2012 5:34:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My room mate and I have a glass vapor genie and it works great!!! But my favorite method is my 800 dollar hbg water pipe, with 16 arm perc, 6 arm diffuser, and skillet attachment. Pretty much you get it all it two rips out the pipe and its not quite as harsh.

Too hyperspace and beyond you gooooo1 Smile
ISK- "My Mantra: Through helping others I will help myself.(Karma)."

ISeekKnowledge
#36 Posted : 3/16/2012 5:35:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My room mate and I have a glass vapor genie and it works great!!! But my favorite method is my 800 dollar hbg water pipe, with 16 arm perc, 6 arm diffuser, and skillet attachment. Pretty much you get it all it two rips out the pipe and its not quite as harsh.

Too hyperspace and beyond you gooooo1 Smile
ISK- "My Mantra: Through helping others I will help myself.(Karma)."

Rustt
#37 Posted : 3/16/2012 7:02:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
Some of them go up to 11...!

I want to go up to 11!

Thurgood Jenkins: The MacGyver smoker is a very handy guy to have around, especially when it comes to reefer.
McGayver Friend: Hey, man, we're out of papers.
McGayver Smoker: All right. Then get me a toilet paper roll, a corkscrew and some tin foil.
McGayver Friend: We don't have a corkscrew.
McGayver Smoker: All right. Then get me an avocado, an ice pick and my snorkel.
McGayver Smoker: [Friend looks at him funny] Trust me, bro. I've made bongs with less! Hurry up!!

outtaseitz
#38 Posted : 4/5/2012 6:03:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont understand how the device works... when you inhale all of the smoke wouldn't the tinfoil like cave in? my main question is shouldn't there be some sort of carb?
Rainbow Surfer!

sidefx
#39 Posted : 4/5/2012 6:25:29 PM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

so i have smoked hash oil off tin foil when younger, but did light the shiny side first to burn off that shine which smokes. then put hash oil on non shiny side and smoke.
But do not any more because it does seem unhealthy i have heard a lot of the hype, and it is easier to just use a hot knife.

As for smoking DMT i always use a water bong, always works a charm for every one, either pack a cone with Dream Time blend, or fill cone with dried mint leaves and place crystal on top,

Smoke SLOW.. and HOT rip it. close eyes. HOLD deep for the MaGic ten seconds, then blow out opening eyes....rowwwwwwww
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

Infundibulum
#40 Posted : 4/6/2012 1:07:51 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Nothing beats the VAPORMASK. VAPORMASK crumbles to dust all these so called "professional" smoking devices be it GVG, Inspirator, tin foil, bong (yes, they all lump together when compared to the VAPORMASK).

VAPORMASK FTW.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

PREV123NEXT