We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Consensus and 2012 Options

Visty
#1 Posted : 3/2/2012 12:12:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An important part of my personal cosmology or TOE or what have you revolves around the Consensus. I don't know why I write it with a capital. I should mix that up to see what feels right.

The consensus is something I can compare with McKenna's Timewave Zero / Novelty theory and Sheldrake's Morphic Resonance theory. I think in different ways they are part of the same phenomenon.

The consensus is the common denominator of the human experience, the polynominal average of all mankinds' hopes, dreams, expectations, ideas, philosophies, religions, theosophies, ideologies, political systems, economic systems etc. ad infinitum.

So everything we think and do and believe as sentient human of earth combined together creates a moving average that causes reality to be fixated or stabilized which has one clear advantage: reality remains stable between all individuals' personal biases and subjective perception of reality.

It is quite handy to have a planet with gravity that is always the same through our lives, because floating up at random times does not equal a relaxed life. We call such things physical or natural laws. They are agreements for the purpose of anchoring reality.

I principle any law can be broken, but some laws are too helpful to break. We as individuals have a great investment in those laws as they make our lives predictable. That means you can live under the assumption that gravity will bind you the planet, that the sun will rise in the morning and that it will be impossible to find yourself in a situation like the film Groundhog Day. Twisted Evil

As sentient beings create reality and live inside bubbles of perception, creating different perspective son life and reality, we still are able to interact and the consensus provides a framework for that interaction. But as society changes, as culture changes, the mean average shifts because people start to assume other things about reality. This can come from science, which is a powerful tool to describe reality and it has a lot of sway with people. So if science declares something, a lot of people will beleive it to be true. And then the consensus will reflect that new assumption. And so the average moves slowly.

Now it gets tricky. As humans we do not perceive the change. For example, long ago people believed the earth to be flat. They had no conception of a universe consisting of spheres and rotations around suns etc. I believe it to be possible that the earth was literally, truly flat.

If after all we create reality ourselves, surely what we assume about reality will be reality. The consensus was then that the earth was flat, so it was. The fact that we now 'know' the earth is a sphere is no more a solid fact or truism than the ideas of those people long ago. We cannot say that the earth was always a sphere because we now have the ability to discern it as being a sphere.

But at some point the consensus shifted. Scholars made new models of the universe. They started building telescopes, used new found scientific principles and were slowly but steadily able to get their point across. But in those days most people were illiterates and lived and worked in the field and had little impact on the consensus with wild ideas and notions about the nature of reality. So in those days the consensus could shift to reflect the new models more easy. The power to change reality rested with the learned people, so the church, scholars and royal families and nobility and those sort of people.

Once the novel idea was finding more and more backup, the model of the world being flat was replaced by the new one. And what happens is, it flips over, that is what happens. Reality flips into a new model and no one can detect the change! It isn't as if reality flickers off and on again and everyone in the street looks at each other saying 'wtf was that!?'

The change happens without it being noticed. And the strange thing about it is, once a new model gets accepted, history alters with it. So it works with a backward correction. So that means anyone who considers it, will agree that the earth had always been a sphere but that we lacked the facts to see how that was wrong.

But it wasn't. The earth was flat. It just seems to be the case that it was always a sphere. You cannot say peoples' memories were altered. No, reality itself was changed, and memories are a subset of reality, so when reality changes, everything changes and our memories follow in that groove. So reality changed forward and backward in time, as it is a major correction that took place.

There are those thats till maintain the earth is flat. I am not among them. But I think they somehow sense the consensus at work, are able to detect it and maybe feel fooled by reality.

The consensus has a forward momentum, just as it is in Sheldrake's theories. We expect the world tomorrow to be a sphere. So the likelihood of it being that tomorrow is very large, but not 100% certainty can be given. Any 100% mark would freeze reality in a gridlocked position. it would mean one truism becomes paramount and that doesn't happen.

Things are as they are because they were as they were. Our expectation is the engine that fixates reality in the moment and makes it easier that tomorrow will still be similar to today. I believe that is why change is so hard for our societies, e,g, our inability as a species to make real work of climate change, or famine, or war.

Quantum physics finds its way into this too. At those levels of reality, weird things start to happen. Causality goes out the window, we have cats in boxes, entangled in super strings and what not Smile This cold be the dimension where thought becomes manifest. Maybe we ought to talk about Elves, not cats in this matter, hehe.

But those science frontiers hint at a possibility.

Someone asked me about McKenna's Timewaxe Zero and Novelty Theory. Well, on 21 December 2012 the Maya calender comes to a full stop. Scientists and Mayan experts cannot truly believe the world will end. Our culture holds a pervasive scientific paradigm in its heart, this results in the consensus reflecting that firm believe, that affirmation by science that things will continue after that date. And so it will.
We want it to and we expect it, we believe it, so it will, canceling out McKenna's ideas about the transcendental object at the end of time or the eschaton. The people who believe that something will happen on that date are a minority. They are, when you think about a graph showing peaks and valleys, at the extreme ends of those. They add to the average line but since they are few and far in between, their impact is marginalized.

That is why to me McKenna's theory won't be thrown away with the trash because nothing happened. It is merely this, that the consensus could not be altered by a critical mass of people believing in a change.

I said that the consensus has a momentum. Think of it as an oil tanker at sea, to make a turn it needs 5 miles to be able to do it. For the Consensus to change, it requires a critical oppositional force to overcome that momentum. It could be that something happens that date. It is possible to alter the course of history in a cultural way. We see that happen in North Africa. But those people may want freedom, but still like gravity. So no fundamental change there. 2012 is presented as a major shift, the end of history, the end of the world. Such a fundamental expectation is not holding ground because most people wanna live forever and certainly see 2013.

So in principle 2012 could be the end of the world of some sort. If enough people create with their beliefs and assumptions about what will happen a critical mass to overcome the rest, the masses with no opinion about it, the people who think the end of the world is nonsense, etc., something will happen.

Intersting to add here:

"In politics, an organized minority is a political majority."
-- Jesse Jackson

So who knows what a concentrated effort could accomplish? There are those who claim that if just 10.000 people or whatever number they conclude would do it, would mediate on world peace or invite the aliens to land, it will happen. Do these people subconsciously understand the principle of the consensus? Sheldrake also did experiments in line with his theories that connect to these ideas.

Another quote I wish to insert here:

"The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, for the vast masses of the nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them a more easy prey to a big lie than a small one, for they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell a big one."
-- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

A scary thought for certain, isn't it my lovelies? Smile Reality is ruled by a fickle assumption about the nature of reality, thin as hammered gold on some antique clock. With the right levers the consensus can be shifted. 11-9-01 comes to mind here. And perhaps the powers that be know well how to handle the consensus. Social engineering, right?

"Truth always rests with the minority, and the minority is always stronger than the majority, because the minority is generally formed by those who really have an opinion, while the strength of a majority is illusory, formed by the gangs who have no opinion--and who, therefore, in the next instant (when it is evident that the minority is the stronger) assume its opinion . . . while Truth again reverts to a new minority."
-- Sören Kierkegaard (1813 - 1855)

Kierkegaard knew about the Consensus. Like I describe above, he says "in an instant". Reality just flips over.

In personal matters this happens too, this will affect the consensus, but since it is mostly a personal issue, it finds only partly connection with the ideas of others. Like e.g. one day you utterly dislike a politician and the next day you wake up after an enlightening dream perhaps..or a good dose of DMT or what have you...and you cannot find it in you to busy yourself any longer with that dislike. It has flipped over, inside your own perceptional bubble.

In that sense, reality isn't all that fixated.

Anyway, I am rooting for a major shift at the end of this year. I care not for what it is. I am setting my mind to change. I want the end of the world. I want mankind to ascend. My part in the consensus is small. But I call upon everyone to fous their intent on change,a s long as something happens. This world is sick. We are destroying our climate, the forests, killing of other species with out way of life, our materialism, we all do it by using up finite resources that our next of kin have a right to as well. Something has got to give.

I don't mind us moving into hyperspace, or that the aliens land, or that some group mediates us into world peace. Or peak oil starts to collapse us into a global economic and financial crisis we can never recover from.

It is all good. But our way of life cannot continue. Let's change the consensus, let's be the minority who, with their act of defiance pushes the Consensus in a new direction! :idea:

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

d-T-r
#2 Posted : 3/3/2012 12:32:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some interesting ideas but i would maybe loose the whole 'the world was flat' thing. it doesnt do much for the rest of what you are saying.

don't under estimate the personal and the inner consensus either.some will notice a change, some won't. for those that do, those that don't will notice the change in them and so on.

the earlier we arrive at a conclusion based on themes of subjective and consesnus reality, the more possibilities we are restricting from ourselves.

cycles don't end remember.

see this thread for some more elaborations --and check the video mentioned in the last reply!

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=29061

majesticnature
#3 Posted : 3/19/2012 12:59:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all I have to ask if you listen to Bashar because your model of thinking is strongly reflective of his philosophies. I am always always always on here trying to spread the word of the ideas in which you are talking about.

I think you have the concept down to a great degree however i think a small adjustment to your thinking could help you greatly!

You see your main focus is zeroed in on the idea of how the collective belief of people shapes reality which is TRUE! However, the true transformation of reality is transforming yourself. The reason for this is because your outside reality IS YOU. Your outside reality is a reflection of your inner reality or what you believe to be true. That includes all the people in it. The people in your reality are symbols of what you believe people in your reality should be.

It is no mistake that I came across this thread, in fact, it is synchronicity.

Everything that you were saying there can be summed up in one idea. The idea that reality is holographic. It is an illusion. This is truth. It is a perspective that you experience that will prepare you for the next perspective when you are ready to recieve it.

Now here's the idea when you transform yourself, you will meet the reality where others are transformed and aware of this knowledge. Are you seeing the pattern here?

Only when you believe can you be surrounded by the believers. Its all about matching the vibration of that reality. Its a self reflective thing.

believers=transformed reality -------- transformered reality=believers

This feeds into the concepts of oneness and synergism

You see You can not exist on a plane you do not believe in, and people can not exist on your plane if they do not believe in it.

This is the vibrational representation of the law of one.

The main concept is that your life is a result of your thoughts, beliefs, definitions, feelings, and actions.

what Im trying to say is when you transform yourself you will meet the golden age reality. Im realizing right now that the prophecies are true for sure. Because the prohecies say it will be heaven or hell and you will choose. We will all individually choose what 2012 is and we will each experience the scenario we choose no matter what that is because your life is holographic.

Each Person is experiencing their own individual reality. The truth is it is this and that. A small of group of people will transform earth but you have to meet them halfway by transforming yourself to finally meet together at the golden age reality.

Everything Ive ever believed with this is making so much sense right now its blowing my fucking mind. Its like all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place because of your post!

All of my post are fictional in nature for the purpose of self entertainment.

daedaloops
#4 Posted : 3/19/2012 2:29:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You have some really good and interesting ideas and I agree with a lot of what you're saying.

But like d-T-r said the "the earth was flat" thing doesn't really fit because that would mean that everything, even the universe and the laws of physics, are just manifestations of the Consensus, so then the universe couldn't have existed before self-aware organisms existed. Or I don't know if you include animals in the Consensus but in any case some form of organisms had to exist for anything else to exist. Which doesn't really make sense because any form of organism is very complex compared to the basic building blocks that it's made of. So why would the universe spontaneously start to exist in a semi-complex middle state like this?

But everything else you say makes alot of sense, and I too believe in the existence of a global consciousness and that focused groups have the potential to affect things in a huge way. There's even some kind of (controversial) proof of that, like the 9/11 random number generator spike, or the meditating village violence drops.

Visty wrote:
It is all good. But our way of life cannot continue. Let's change the consensus, let's be the minority who, with their act of defiance pushes the Consensus in a new direction!

I'm in! Very happy

majesticnature
#5 Posted : 3/19/2012 2:37:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

According to holographic theory all things exist in every scenario.

According to DTR he states that the earth was flat because humans thought it was. The truth is it was neither, flat, round, and both because everything is as you personally percieve it or as you presonally believe it plus the fact that all timelines exist. If you believe the collective mind was living in a reality where they believed it was flat and were creating it to be so and you believe that reality is connected to our reality as a past then it is true. What I am saying is your personal perception plays a role in what is true for you.

The point is, that particular idea of what they were shaping their reality to be doesnt really matter. What matters is what we are shaping our reality to be in our lifetimes right now.

The idea that the collective mind shapes reality in the now is absolutely true and thats the bottom line point.
All of my post are fictional in nature for the purpose of self entertainment.