We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
do entheogens like caapi, ayahuasca, shrooms cause permanent bonds between the people using together Options

magickpsychonaut
#1 Posted : 3/2/2012 2:38:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do entheogens like caapi, ayahuascza, magic shrooms, etc cause the people who do them together to have very strong bonds permanently?

The reason I ask is that my girlfriend and I had been "researching" certain entheogens together. We've had research journies together on amanita muscaria where she's excitedly yelled "this is everything!! wow I can't believe it" and "we used to play as children together didn't we??" I've had those same experiences and thoughts only she voiced them
Other researched journiw were san pedro and caapi (extended periods of micro dosing caapi) ..I have recently broke up with her but for some reason I can't block myself off like how I used to where I could just forget about someone and walk away. It's a deep spiritual connection I've never had with anyone before, and its as if we are telepathically linked because her last phone call she described things she was going through and they were the exact same for me.

On a platonic friendship level, there is a friend that has researched together with me on amanita and I can't explain it, it's like there's a familial bond of brotherhood that I never experienced before, through the mushroom.

Have you experienced unique bonds with the people you trip with? I keep trying to tell myself I'm just imagining it but it's quite physically innnate ...to the core
"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 3/2/2012 3:01:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Unlike MDMA which is temporary...

yes Smile

I even have such a connection with folk lacking a vagina, so its all kosher.

ayalove
#3 Posted : 3/2/2012 3:08:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you had a beautiful secret that absolutely no one knew about and you decided to share it with someone....it can very well transcend a sexual bond
"for as long as there is love and light; I will fight for what is right; as a warrior with all my might; I will guarantee that hope shines bright" --Prayer of the Paladin

"If you labor, you are a "laborer", If you work on a farm, you are a "farmer", If you flow, you are a "flower""--Forest Sage

Community, Love and Passion Smile

tigerstrike92
#4 Posted : 3/2/2012 3:27:48 AM

Homo-divinorum

I wholeheartedly agree. I only have one friend I have done aya with, two times. I feel an unspeakably close bond with him, even though we don't talk all the time. Like ayalove said, we know share a super valuable secret.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Ellis D'Empty
#5 Posted : 3/2/2012 6:20:46 AM

Snirfneblin

I would think of it like a two edged sword, while it can create amazingly close bonds, it can also help destroy bonds that are already in place. While most people I've 'hung' with 'get it'.... a few haven't, and, some might call me selfish or other names, I tend to steer my life away from those people, as I did not see our bonds as strong as I saw with my cloudy eyes.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Visty
#6 Posted : 3/10/2012 11:41:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't you guys had a good relationship prior to sharing the experience? Since you don't do this with strangers...

Global
#7 Posted : 3/10/2012 11:49:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've tripped with strangers a number of times for various reasons (often friends of friends). We most certainly are a lot warmer and closer coming out of the experience than going in.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

rOm
#8 Posted : 3/10/2012 3:16:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YEs and No...

In my perspective :

It can closer people to share a strong experience together, but it also can show you how far from this person you really are sometimes.
I know I've came to a conclusion after strong dose of liberty caps I would never trip with anyone that is not carefully picked... and that is difficult, cause your trip companion affect you a lot and you may sometimes navigate more fluently by your own.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Walter D. Roy
#9 Posted : 3/10/2012 3:37:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience with it it seems that people you already know, close friends, the bond becomes much deeper. Hanging out with the "bros" and doing shrooms can be a very insightful and bonding experience for everyone. It is permanent I would say but not in the way you would expect. But the bond is still there.

As for tripping with strangers I have never found this very exiting at all. To me it seems like there is a lack of understanding between you and them. So once the tripping starts it just gets weird to me. Opening yourself up during a psychedelic experience to someone you don't know to me is almost silly. So there is no sense of bonding there.

Also if you are tripping with someone that you do know, but the understanding of where the other person is coming from can set the trip off very oddly.

Of course I just think it varies from person to person. I am not a very social being most of the time so I think this leads to not being able to open up to total strangers, especially under the influence of a substance.
The Unknown = A Place to Learn

AlbertKLloyd
#10 Posted : 3/10/2012 10:44:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say bonds can be formed, but do not just happen when two people take psychedelics together in my experience.

I have seen people have mistaken impressions of one another from having tripped together...

Enoon
#11 Posted : 3/10/2012 11:14:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I think with psychedelics the bonds we have to people can feel very strong and mystical, but in my experience that doesn't mean very much in the long run. The people I used to feel connected to even through bonds I thought were somehow cosmically transcendant due to use of psychedelics together have on occasion drifted away, turned away or cut the ties, just as I myself have done the same on occasion.

I used to think that psychedelics could help form bonds of intense friendship, that people opened up to one another and thus become somehow entwined with each other. But year after year knowing the people I have known I've come to realize that at least in my experiences these bonds are no stronger or weaker than the ones forged without psychedelics. They just may feel different.

In the end it's the people themselves that are responsible for the relationships they have with one another, regardless of the involved substances.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Coastal_Shaman
#12 Posted : 3/31/2012 9:58:06 PM

"That Guy"

I've had bonds get stronger and like others have mentioned some bonds fade away forever. I rarely ever trip with people, it just gives me a weird vibe like I'm doing something I shouldn't be. I do however have a few friends who I trip with from time to time.

One of these friends and I seem to have telepathic capabilities sometimes while on mushrooms. No kidding I will say something randomly that will pop into my head and she will respond with; "whoa how did you know I was thinking about that?". The same happens to me. I used to think it was just coincidence but it happens every time we eat shrooms together. We also smoke Changa sometimes in the morning while the suns coming up to start the day with a crazy good vibe.

One of my other good friends whom I trip with quite frequently actually introduced me to dmt. He did not have any to share with me but he told me about the stuff and got me on the path I am on now. It changed his life and he told me how he had quit drinking and using party drugs after smoking dmt a couple times. It got me very interested to say the least. We smoke Changa and eat shrooms on hikes all the time in the summer. It's strange but he always knows the best song for the time during the trip.

Since tripping with me the first times, these two people I have mentioned have become very good friends. If I'm not hanging out with one I'm hanging out with the other.

On the other hand I've tripped with some people who I have since grown apart from and never talked to again. There's always two sides to the coin...

C_S
"I was going to make a machine, but after reading here in the Nexus, everyone makes it sound like trying to smoke spice without a VG is like trying to have sex without fully formed genitals..." -- Pup Tentacle.

**Believe this guy at your own risk**