We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Awareness Energy and Reality and the Most Fundamental Law of Reality Options

Visty
#1 Posted : 3/1/2012 12:33:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Out of Potential came Awareness Energy. I call this energy because both science and the paranormal perspectives acknowledge it. Awareness is omniscient and omnipotent. It exists in a non-locality before there is any spacetime or law.

Awareness recognizes its own possibilities. It can foresee any possible outcome, every eventuality. But none of them have occurred. They are infinite possibilities of reality. This state might seem quite intriguing. I think many religions and philosophies discuss this as a state of being to strife for.

But nothing has happened or went through the formality of occurring, a nice phrase by McKenna. For anything to be foreseen as a possible outcome of an act by Awareness to make it so, it has to happen. Therefore Awareness has no choice but to set things in motion so that something actually does happen.

From all the infinite possibilities, what we experience in our lives is the outcome of the choice made. It was the only logical choice, the best choice. Awareness needed a model in where as much can happen as possible, of all the potential occurrences.

That model is reality as we know it. In our reality, the way it is build, anything can happen. So how did it all come to be?

Awareness is a little 'cloud' of energy in a non-locality. It came out of Potential, suddenly it was there, it just popped into being because it did. There is no rational explanation for it really. The fact we are here proves it happened.

For anything to occur there needed to be a framework, so Awareness Energy created out of its own energy a bubble. Think of it is a light in a ball. The light does not shine yet. The inside of this bubble is the canvas on which reality is painted. We now have an empty reality.

It then adds the Big Bang to it, which is the scientific way of describing what happened. The BB is the act of Awareness to create spacetime and the natural laws. We now have awareness projecting energy onto this bubble, made of itself, to create a precursor to the universe. The way to think of this is of it being as a zip file.

Awareness Energy knew what would happen. Since it is omnipotent it would get lost in this projection. What ahppenes is that a feedback loop takes hold. The projection of its own essence onto the canvas is reflected back, as if it is a mirror, back to the core, the light at the centre of the bubble.

On the canvas is the Big Bang, all around the bubble, not just on one spot. Turning on the light in a ball projects light after all on the entire surface. This reflects the totality of this act. On all sides the reflection comes back in and since the canvas is mad of its own energy, Awareness has no shield against its own omnipotence.

The canvas of reality now has an unfolding of the universe. Awaereness keeps projecting energy onto the inside of the bubble, sustaining the process. I suppose McKenna found the Timewave Zero theory which shows the intent of Awareness to inflate the universe to create a playpen for occurrences.

This is what reality is for. It is a play pen for Awareness energy, that is divided into energy and matter. And the more novel reality becomes, the more experiences can undergo the formality of occurring. Since the bubble is made of Awareness Energy, reality itself is made of it, therefore also the universe as part of it, therefore all matter is Awareness Energy and all life as well. Note that our universe is only part of a Multiverse, applied to the bubble. In this Multiverse are other conditions that enable things to occur. It is possible that the DMT trip crosses the boundaries between universes.

So the universe extracts like a zip file onto the canvas, made of Awareness Energy. That is why, to me, solipsism is the only true answer to what the universe is about.

We, sentient beings, are made of Awareness Energy. Perception of our reality exists to make it possible for Awareness to experience. And how we experience! There are 7 billion of us, each has a unique DNA pattern, unique experiences, mental states, hopes, dreams, lives! We are doing what Awareness Energy foresaw. It was omnipoteent and omniscient. And because of that power it could create reality, a reality so inexplicable that it has ROOM to for everything to occur it foresaw occurring.

Reality is the formal act of experiential occurring. Many religions and people seek to return to this pure state of Awareness, before Awareness Energy created a mirror around itself. But we should celebrate the universe, which is part of our own projection.

And this is where the abstract transforms into the personal: WE are that Awareness Energy, we are divided, and in our cosmos between many kinds of species, that either live on planets or in semi-material states or exist as non-corporeal beings.

You see, science, to McKenna, overlooked something, he believed, the fact that things are getting more and more novel and complex. But I believe science has overlooked something even more fundamental then that.

We are all the primary, original Awareness Energy. Each sentient being in the cosmos can claim that for themselves. In fact, we are all in our own bubble of reality. That is why we look at things differently. In order for Awareness Energy to secure the outcome of all possible scenario's, it needed to create a system of infinite complexity allowing everything to occur. And the only way to do that is to do what it did: create a bubble around itself and get lost in the feedback pulse, blinding it to what it was without that bubble.

Therefore sentient beings are all locked inside their own bubbles, therefore it is possible for anyone to hold their own personal beliefs, without the universe imploding because of conflicting omni-potential friction.

You see, the most fundamental Law of all is the law that secures us to disagree. Think of it this way. If there was One Truth, oen Ultimate Model, one Theory Of Everything that would bind us all like a Ring of Sauron, such a Truth would be visible to us on a daily basis. We would see it in every object we perceive. It would be in all our senses all the time. We would not be able to think a thought without it reflecting this Universal Constant Truth Model. We would have a language that is formed around that Truth. There would be no disagreement upon what the nature of reality is; we would see it reflected in our minds all the time!

The reason this is not the case and we can disagree on anything, is because we are all the primary Awareness Energy, refracted, in a fractal way, having access to the omnipotence and omniscience but are all locked inside our own perceptional bubble. This isolates us from other omnipotent beings. This is the fundamental law of reality.

This is where the ancient Greeks come in, with their idea of solipsism. Which is the idea that we create everything from our own mind. This is to me the only reasonable solution, yet, most philosophers do away with it as an absurd idealism. To me it is the only answer to our predicament.

Many people discuss a fractal universe or a holographic universe. All those ideas tie in with my cosmogenesis. The infinite diversity is a primary property of reality because Awareness Energy created it to be that way in order to have a play pen for infinite experience, that is, to create a system wherein everything can undergo the formal act of occurring.

We have religion and philosophy to find answers as to why we are here and why things are as they seem to be. Well, here is your answer. And the beauty is that you can all call this idea utter nonsense. The fact the universe doesn't implode because we disagree is hereby explained. And I think no other religion or idea or philosophy ever addressed these things properly.

Of course there are more details. There are for example patterns in our world we can discern that reflect the above. One is the human search for answers to their most basic questions, like 'why are we here'? 'Where are we going?' 'What is there beyond death?' The fact that we humans ask these questions is because despite being locke dup in our bubbles, we are at some level omniscient and since we are that, we can intuitively connect to the source of all things. Some call it god, Castaneda describes it better as 'the mold of man' and other seek Nirvana etc. But the pattern is clear, we seek to return to Awareness Energy.

I think that is where we will go after death. We lived a life and the definition of life is the formality of occurring. We are checkboxes to ourselves, checking off what we were, what we thought, what we experienced and believed and thought. All of our lives after death, will be stored in the Awareness Energy centre inside that bubble. And we are all that Awareness Energy, so we live lives and our validation comes from validating our own lives. The reason to be is the reason to be. There is no other way around it. There is no god or heaven or Nirvana, death is the ultimate end, it is not glorious. Being here on earth, in the everlasting moment is the most wonderful and glorious phase of being.

There is no value that we can place on nay life. All of us are transforming infinite potential into experiences that Awareness Energy foresaw. Each of us is infinitely important cause our lives matter because there is no one else who can replace you. Even if you get run over by a car tomorrow, that isn't as bad as you might think. This si the conclusion of your personal part that you play in this cosmic formality machine. That is the life that was foreseen and needed to occur for it to be real: you are a self transforming, self transcendental elf machines. Is this a cruel faith? No. Not when you realize this and that is why everyone should live life to its maximum extent. We are engines of novelty, we create reality and within it we experience. And that is all there is to it.

Maybe that is why McKenna talks about these elf machines showing all these wonderful impossible objects. These beings know what I am saying. They are offering up objects that reflect formal occurrances, these are objects representing lives of all sort of entities. We can observe these lives, as awarenesses.

We are all one Awareness. This explains another pattern, paranormal clairvoyant and sustains the notion of reliving past lives. We all have access to the core Awareness. We self-determinate. Everything you do in life holds meaning and is self-validating. So I say, enjoy the fuck out of it. It is all you have. And when you die, these experiences merge with the central core of Awareness energy, like I said, Awareness Energy emits itself onto the canvas. We live our lives on that canvas of reality. And when we die, that is the moment that energy reflects back to the core inside the bubble. And there it arrives and together with all these other reflections becomes the original foreseeing that Awareness Energy had when it came out of Potential. This closes the loop, this closes the bubble we are in. A perfect circle, a perpetuum mobile of energy pasted on reality to have experiences, then reflected back to the source. And there what energy we were, is emitted again onto reality, a new life born, to formalize potential experience.

And all this is utter nonsense. Smile But therefore it is real. I am in my bubble and I can sustain these notions and have thus found the ultimate answer to all existential questions. This is my TEO. And I keep integrating new ideas into it to refine it. And always they can find a place in this model.

And that is why models and science cannot be taken as ultimate truth. Everything is merely a perception or description of reality, not reality itself. If you believe in god, it will be real, to you, inside your bubble. And no one can take that away from you, that is your experience on the canvas and you need to experience it to formalize it. And you do so in the only way you can, your unique way, despite there being other believers, only you can be you.

This ties in with the idea that every decision made splits off a new universe. They are talking about the same thing. It splits off a new bubble wherein such a model can take place. Sentient beings are a mass of foam, all within their own perceptional bubbles and reality will not be harmed by conflicting truths. Reality has infinite room for infinite variety.

Thanks for your attention Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

InneffableThings
#2 Posted : 3/1/2012 1:55:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some beautiful words, thank you. I suppose I have two genuine questions -

Do you think our bodies are all binded by the gravity of earth, regardless of our belief bubbles?

Is there any reason these words would not merely apply to subjective consciousness, as opposed to the entire outside universe of all?

Love and Peace
I am a writer, currently using these forums to build a character for a novel who becomes obsessed with strange things and has a psychotic break. I neither condone nor engage in illegal activities.

SpartanII
#3 Posted : 3/1/2012 2:24:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice insight!

It reminds me of the gnostic version of the Big Bang I posted about in this thread:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=28303&p=2

I'll repost it below: (I've emphasized the parts that that relate especially well to your insights)

Quote:
"What better way for God to know himself than to divide his awareness so that he can observe objectively as creator and subjectively as creation?"

The author also talks about how many esoteric philosophies refer to "us" as being thoughts in the Mind of God- "objects" that "Consciousness-Without-An-Object" has been imagining for eons:

"One of the first things we learn is that emanation consists of a hierarchy of awareness. The Kabbalah explains that the Ein-Sof (Logos, Brahman, whatever) made ten emanations called Sephiroth, vessels to contain the light (consciousness) pouring into them from Consciousness-Without-An-Object's imagination. These vessels weren't able to contain this outpouring, and in what Kabbalists describe as a "cosmic catastrophe", the vessels shattered in into innumerable pieces and scattered throughout the realms of hyperspace, each fragment containing a spark of divine light (that's us). The main task of every Kabbalist is to "raise the sparks" of his or her own separated consciousness to reunite with the Ein-Sof that emanated them."

"Every sentient entity in the multiverse is both an observer and an object of perception, and the source from which they emanate is the Primary Observer, which is unadulterated Consciousness itself. Before emanation, perception can not take place because perception involves both an observer and that which is observed."

and

"[The universe is apparently] constructed (and thus in such as way as to be able) to see itself. But in order to do so, evidently it must first cut itself up into at least one state which sees, and at least one other state which is seen. In this severed and multilated condition, whatever it sees is only partially itself...But, in any attempt to see itself as an object, it must, equally undoubtedly, act so as to make itself distinct from, and therefore, false to, itself. In this condition it will always partially elude itself." (55)

"Thus consciousness is prior to observation. Combine this logical necessity with emanation and we see that whatever the Cosmic Mind imagines cannot be separated from its source. It follows then, that as the matter-energy created within this explosive act of imagination expands and fragments, becoming ever more complex, each emerging monad of fresh awareness perceives as a subjective fractal of the objective One Mind in whatever dimension it finds itself. Hence universe becomes Multiverse."

From The Cracking Tower, by Jim DeKorne.

If that's not the gnostic version of the "Big Bang", I don't know what is!

Rising Spirit
#4 Posted : 3/1/2012 4:35:05 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Wow...

It's no small coincidence that I read these words this morning. As I awoke today, from a still, deep and formless sleep, I was unsure who I am and where I fit into the dream of my material lifetime. As I returned to this frequency of existence, the physical multiverse, I could not initially grasp at which point in the flow of the time-space-continuum I belonged. I could see my birth, my youth, the varied phases of my adulthood, into my elderly years and my very moment of physical death. My awareness observed that state of silent emptiness which predated my self-ness and that very same Void of distinction, awaiting the dissolution of this human dream sequence.

The relativity of my role as a human being was thoroughly compromised by the sensation of being something other than the paradigmatic existential fabric of reality, which gives definition to my ego-self, the isolated aspect of my own thought-bubble of existence. Am I the cause or the effect? Or is this just mental gymnastics, after all? And can there ever really be a beginning or an ending to what may never even have happened? :idea:

It was a non-linear view of my unique incarnation. Who am I? What am I? Where am I? And does time really even exist? Do I even really exist? WTF is happening? Am I a byproduct of this this material plane of being... or am I something unmanifested and untouched by the lines of my mental definitions, which so describe the nature of my earthly perception of myself? Who do I see in such a perplexing cosmic mirror? This has been an occurrence which cycles through my circumstantial incarnation, my personal vantage point, as an individual self-ego-being, from time to time.

This has occurred since I was a very small lad, not just following a prolonged series of interphases with psychedelics. And yeah, I've actually been taking a little break from the path of entheogens. So, it is not just the after-effects of recently induced chemical reactions in my neurology. Every so often, I am not sure where to enter this "paradigmatic existential fabric of reality". Reality as I know it, that is, intersecting with multiples of other visions of reality (the collective view).

For I have just seen my emergence through birth, my early childhood, my youth, my middle years, my elderly existence and the very moment of my physical death... like a deck of Tarot cards shuffling through sequences in possibility. And so, I have peeked into that state beyond this lifetime and have had a deep remembrance of being fully aware and lucid, in such a state... prior to all of the threads that have woven my cognition of this individual, organic lifetime.

So, for the last few hours I have been re-aquatinting myself to this dream of physical, 3-dimensional reality. This exact point in the overwhelming emptiness of infinity. So, here I am... I open myself life a blossom and feel my being and observe the balance of this Omniverse, in a perfectly interdependent mesh of complete order.

Despite the friction of what might appear as chaos (the blur of circumstantial gravitational fulcrums of thought, interacting within my bubble), the laws of relativity at play, etc... I perceive the Awareness Energy as perennially immanent, alive and Omnisciently present in all things (yet, free of all specificity of singularity form or dimension).

My mind is still shimmering with a translucency of being, a hollowness of any chosen fixation. I am not yet locked solidly into the linear flow of the time-space-continuum. So, your insightful words are overwhelming me, on some levels, and I am impressed with your depth of thought.

As we all can surely agree, semantics play so heavily into our volition to freely express the gist of these ineffable states of consciousness. And as the relativity of human linguistics dictate, words have often have nebulous meanings, and so, said meanings are interpreted through the structural content we project into them. This is regulated by the dream of our individuated thought-bubbles, which you refer to above, bouncing off each other.

I like your wording. "Awareness Energy" is clean and precise. Such a primal current of consciousness can be labeled in many, many ways. I've always loved the idea of naming this force God, yet, as this concept has been so misused by our species, many of our fellows cannot stand the sound of it. The Chinese word "Tao" is afar more scientific and less misleading for many of our persuasion? Or perhaps, it's easier to describe this force as the indivisibility of the Oneness? The Omni/the Uni... miraculously refracted from the insubstantiality or Void of the Zero point.

That eternal mystery of the Clear Light of the Void, which issues forth the AUM vibration, so manifesting that which we now exist within? That force which primordially initiated quantum fluctuation, by which the material universe became existent (insofar as it appears to our material senses). Cool

Philosophically, I've long admired the Indian idea of Brahman, as the innate core of all being, Awareness Energy unbound by definition or specificity of form. There is a beatific poetry to this ideology, for self is conceived of as illusory. Paradoxically, the isolated and individual ego-self is truly Atman (soul awareness), hidden within the folds of multiple layers of human thought. Atman is a far, far subtler mirage, which the Awareness Energy manifests. Still, Atman is unreal when the eternal present is perceived directly, within the here & now.

It is written that Atman is Brahman. So, Brahman is that spark of Awareness Energy residing within the dance of universal flow. I prefer to call this fulcrum of being, the Omniself. For the awareness Energy, indivisible in essence, yet, intrinsically alive in all substances. It is both microcosmic and macrocosmic, simultaneously. I've also a fondness for Einstein's, Unified Energy Field Theory.

I believe that awareness= consciousness=energy=the God Principle. The quintessence of the Godhead. Sure, ultimately, without a subjective witness to the play of awareness, it's insubstantiality remains absolute and unborn, hence still, silent and unmanifested. Wink

And then... "I am that I am" gives voice to creation, as the multiverse and the journey of Awareness Energy or the Omniself, is begun anew. Loosing itself in the fabric of creation, this awareness seeks itself, again and again. Only to dissolve into the formlessness of the Tao. This strikes my perception as both wonderful and perplexing. Why create self, only to recycle it's illusory nature back into the Void? I honestly feel there is no single, real answer to this query of humankind. It just...
IS WHAT IT IS.

Religion suggests that we are responsible for the friction which is placed upon the membrane, which separates our ignorance of this Omniversal force and the thought-structures of our ego barriers, which protect our illusions from the vacuum of "nothingness".

It is further suggested, that we are equally responsible for our individual thoughts and our intentional actions. We are left with the assumption of free will. This concept has been challenged and may or may not be true. I am still deciding for myself and choose to focus most of my will upon the potential reality of the Unified Field of Energy. It's interconnectedness is most appealing to my sentient sensibilities.

Thank you, Visty, for your lengthy discourse on the true nature of existential being. I love your thoughts and I sincerely honor your Spirit.

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Visty
#5 Posted : 3/1/2012 4:37:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

InneffableThings wrote:
Some beautiful words, thank you. I suppose I have two genuine questions -

Do you think our bodies are all binded by the gravity of earth, regardless of our belief bubbles?

Is there any reason these words would not merely apply to subjective consciousness, as opposed to the entire outside universe of all?

Love and Peace

Well, the laws of the universe, the one that science discuss, are there and are constants. They were part of the 'zip file' that was extracted, and still is extracting. But since we are ultimately the power that created reality since reality is a solipsist equation if you like, we can escape natural laws. The problem is what I call the 'consensus'.

This concept ties in with McKenna's Novelty Theory and Sheldrake's work on morphogenesis. In short, the Consensus is a momentum that stabilizes reality from a common denominator consisting of the complete human experience. All our hopes, fears, dreams, expectations, perceptions, beliefs, religions, philosophies etc have a momentum of their own. McKenna used to shorten Sheldrake's idea by saying that ''things are as they are because they were as they were".

So, natural laws, like gravity, will bind you to a gravitational body because it is habit. And habit is a word used by McKenna as the opposite of novelty.

I think Leary too believed natural laws to be local...whatevers. Situations. But I am not familiar with Leary really. I should make it a point to repair that omission.

And as for the application of my words or model to subjective perspective or the external reality outside of us, well, I make no such distinction. I am at heart a solipsist. And that is part of the whole model. I have an advanced model of solipsism that explains the big problem philosophy has with solipsism. That there are other minds and if there are other minds, then there can be no solipsism anyway. My solution I have described already, we are all in perceptional bubbles and share a consensus to be able to have a stable median line of interconnectivity between us all. We all can claim to be that one primordial Awareness Energy. So we can all be solipsists and still keep up the idea of there being only one solipsist who then dreams up all other people who would merely be part of the whole imaginary scheme.

Solipsism V 2.0 in a way :-)

Visty
#6 Posted : 3/1/2012 5:59:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SpartanII wrote:
Nice insight!

It reminds me of the gnostic version of the Big Bang I posted about in this thread:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=28303&p=2

I'll repost it below: (I've emphasized the parts that that relate especially well to your insights)

Thanks for reposting this here. It shows how similar peoples' ideas are on this matter. Intuitively we all seem to be able to reach such models. It must be a pattern that reflects some innate aspect of reality.

I seek those patterns rather then necessarily the content. My own model excludes, by my own words, the pointed finger that declares that 'your model is wrong'. You know, it could be funny. But I shared my solipsist ideas with others and some people seem genuinely offended by the whole concept. :-) My model puts anyone at ease. So I cannot say something is lawed or wrong. And mostly I take my own ideas in these matters not too seriously.

For some reason I always think about something I read, which was "Any theory that fits in a nutshell belongs there". Maybe not one on one correctly used here, but to me it always has a ring of truth to it in the sense that if my model is possible, it is merely 1 7 billionth of all theories. Smile As such, what pompous self absorbed ego of me would declare this to be of any great significance? My own model invalidates itself perhaps.

I considered writing a book about all these things. But what spectacular audacity would that be?

Content is interesting but to me what I seek in any model is a logical line of reasoning. And logical and reason do not have to be in a scientific point of view. As long as it is inherently logical I can go for it. We are all masters of the universe. It is the way in which people reach conclusions that I find of import because often there you get to see the patterns.

Visty
#7 Posted : 3/1/2012 6:04:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:
Wow...

Thank you, Visty, for your lengthy discourse on the true nature of existential being. I love your thoughts and I sincerely honor your Spirit.

Thank you very much and honor to your True Self as well. Your post reads like a flower of intuition blossoming in the light of the Mystery. It reminds me of one of the trips I had on shrooms over a decade ago, which was astonishing to me because I had no experience of these things yet. I won't copy it here right now but maybe I will one day.

Thanks for your kindness, that really made my day Smile

MooshyPeaches
#8 Posted : 3/1/2012 10:28:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

as more 'individuals' realize their own truths that reveal themselves to be the godhead, creator of their being, what would the next step in creativity be?

like everyone else your revealing your own conclusion on life {solipsism2.0} which draws from many different sources, especially mckenna's novelty theory.

a question purely for fun: how do you interpret mckenna's 2012 dec21st 'singularity' [perhaps not the exact date but the general 'switch'] ? like the training wheels being takin off of humanity and you fully take responsibility/creation for your own model/reflection of reality?

Visty
#9 Posted : 3/2/2012 11:03:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well NOW you've done it! You asked the perfect question Smile

First let me tell you that I learned that McKenna at some point let go of the theory because, apparently, some young female mathematician was able in Mexico to show him the theory made no sense. I do not think that means the theory is flawed. I would not take it more seriously than my own ravings. It means that even the creator of a theory can be dislodged from their own convictions. One way of putting it is 'he caved in'.

I think he made a vital mistake by not backing his theory any longer. That is that the whole idea came from the mushroom. In an altered state of mind you get information that might or might not directly hold ground in this ordinary reality. It is a scientific way of reasoning and I think McKenna stepped into that trap. The validation of his theory I do not find in science, but McKenna's inclination was towards science and rationality. Mine is not. Therefore I can take the value of a mushroom derived and channeled model as inherently logical and accept is with its own framework of validation. To me it seems that the whole theory was tested using the rational, logical, scientific paradigm and it is my strong belief that science will never be able to test paranormal.intuitive phenomenon. Reality is made of both ratio and intuition, two sides of the same coin. And you do not go to a clairvoyant person to prove 2+2=4. And you don't go to a mathematician to prove telepathy works.

Likewise, McKenna's singularity or transcendental object at the end of time is valid to me but that does not mean that when 2012 passes and we arrive at 2013, he was wrong.

If 2013 happens without any significant change in the world, it is because of the Consensus. I will make a new post in this section to explain it.

MooshyPeaches
#10 Posted : 3/2/2012 4:59:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ah, thanks Very happy

Global
#11 Posted : 3/2/2012 10:16:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Visty wrote:
And you do not go to a clairvoyant person to prove 2+2=4. And you don't go to a mathematician to prove telepathy works.

I laughed when I read this. Very true Laughing
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

majesticnature
#12 Posted : 3/19/2012 3:17:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with you Visty. Terrence Mckenna was given that information in a higher state of consiousness and to let that be disproven by a human mathematician seems absurd.
All of my post are fictional in nature for the purpose of self entertainment.

AlbertKLloyd
#13 Posted : 3/20/2012 4:14:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

majesticnature wrote:
I agree with you Visty. Terrence Mckenna was given that information in a higher state of consiousness and to let that be disproven by a human mathematician seems absurd.

I disagree, I believe it was rather wise to recognize that his notions he claimed were information were imaginative speculations, he seems to recognize this himself.

I find the idea however that Terrance was scientific to be absurd. He did participate to some degree in the scientific method, but more than anything he was an entertainer, while his brother was the researcher and scientist.

I like theories that can be tested.
How can I test the ideas in this thread?

Global
#14 Posted : 3/22/2012 11:19:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

AlbertKLloyd wrote:
majesticnature wrote:

I disagree, I believe it was rather wise to recognize that his notions he claimed were information were imaginative speculations, he seems to recognize this himself.

I find the idea however that Terrance was scientific to be absurd. He did participate to some degree in the scientific method, but more than anything he was an entertainer, while his brother was the researcher and scientist.

I like theories that can be tested.
How can I test the ideas in this thread?

Terence speaks about how he was a firm rationalist, and it was much to his dismay that something so irrational as DMT was dropped into his lap that he just couldn't ignore. Also interestingly enough, to label someone scientific or not scientific is a subjective and not an objective statement. Instead of labeling him this way or that, I think it's better to just appreciate him "as he his".
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb