We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
No Wormwood, but Absinthe - like effects Options

MMPA
#21 Posted : 4/29/2012 8:58:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You have inspired me to do this.

My concoction is:
-Vodka diluted to ~10% ethanol
-Nutmeg (3 count)
-Star Anise (0.5oz)
-Allspice (0.5oz)
-Rosemary (0.5oz)
-Thyme (0.5oz)
-Cinnamon Sticks (0.5oz)
-Cloves (0.25oz)
-Bay Leaves (0.18oz)
-Parsley (0.12oz)

I'm going to let the mixture soak for 48 hours unrefrigerated and then filter out the spices afterwards. That makes two of us! Here's a picture of the spicy-smelling concotion.
MMPA attached the following image(s):
Untitled.png (501kb) downloaded 195 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

oilman
#22 Posted : 5/1/2012 9:43:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice, please let me know what happens with this.

Lago Chiller
#23 Posted : 5/2/2012 4:45:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

arcanum wrote:
"I AM TRIPPING MY BALLS OFF."

Erm, would it be at all possible to describe the subjective effects of such a concoction in a more articulate way?

Nice!
My daddy told me a story once about a guy who "tripped over his ballz" so much so he had to carry them in a wheelbarrow.
The guy had elephantitis. Taking drugs would've fixed that.Thumbs up

MMPA
#24 Posted : 5/2/2012 7:14:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Today I'll shake it up some more and then filter it as soon as I get filters at the store later. I might try it afterwards though I'm not totally sure since I want to fast that day for an upcoming experience. Recommended chilled or not? And do you think this has any MAOI's in it (possibly nutmeg?), I don't want to risk tainting my upcoming experience by mixing MAOI's and tryptamines unless that's a good mix (which I am not sure about).

EzekielCain
#25 Posted : 5/2/2012 7:26:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm curious to try this. I'm very fond of Absinthe....been acquiring the taste for about 12 years now and have had the pleasure of sampling many different kinds. I'm more of a Czech and Swiss kind of guy, but if Absinthe is your thing and you REALLY love it check out some good vintage stuff here.

A lot of times for the circa 1912 stuff, they'll open the bottle and sell vials so everyone lucky (aka with the most money) enough can all try it. This is THE stuff the greats were drinking on, pre-ban style!

I'm seriously considering dropping the hammer on a bottle if I can justify spending over $1000 on a bottle of liqour to my wife!

MMPA
#26 Posted : 5/2/2012 7:34:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EzekielCain wrote:
I'm seriously considering dropping the hammer on a bottle if I can justify spending over $1000 on a bottle of liqour to my wife!

You must really fancy this stuff for a price tag like that.

EzekielCain
#27 Posted : 5/2/2012 8:07:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I enjoy it quite a bit. I've got a bottle of some French 138 proof decanting ontop of my fridge!

I like Absinthe because it will most certainly get you fucked up but not in an inebriated sort of way. You've still got functional energy, which I happen to like. Feeling drunk and stumbling isn't fun for me.

Let's find a good bottle and split it, eh?!

lol. Seriously though, for a piece of history like that? $1000 is on the cheap end. We're talking about a bottle of liquor that hasn't been tasted for 100 years and that maybe 10 people will be lucky enough to sample.

LIQUID HISTORY, folks!!

oilman
#28 Posted : 5/2/2012 1:36:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MMPA wrote:
Today I'll shake it up some more and then filter it as soon as I get filters at the store later. I might try it afterwards though I'm not totally sure since I want to fast that day for an upcoming experience. Recommended chilled or not? And do you think this has any MAOI's in it (possibly nutmeg?), I don't want to risk tainting my upcoming experience by mixing MAOI's and tryptamines unless that's a good mix (which I am not sure about).

MMPA - nutmeg is a weak MAOI. I haven't tried drinking the spiced wine cold, so I can't really comment on that. When I made the 2 gallon batch, I drank about 4 oz and I felt it within 30 minutes. Strangely, I drank another 4 oz later that evening and I felt that second drink immediately. I gave some to a friend, and he had the exact same experience.

Other than mulled wine or mulled cider, I haven't heard or seen reports of anyone doing what we're trying here, so there are no documented drug interactions. I would therefore strongly recommend not to mix the spiced wine with other substances.

In terms of filtering, the thing that worked best for me was a wire coffee filter. The paper ones kept getting clogged. The reusable wire ones allowed the liquid to come throuhg more easily.

I'd also like to note that some people on this and other forums recommend drinking essential oils to achieve this effect. This is a terrible idea, as essential oils concentrate not only the active parts, but also the toxic parts of the spice oils. If you want to use essential oils to feel the effects, put them in coconut oil and rub on the skin. DONT drink essential oils. This is very stupid.

3rdI
#29 Posted : 5/2/2012 2:16:22 PM

veni, vidi, spici

ooohhh this is exciting, i like wine and i like trippyness. jackpot, back of the netVery happy

im gonna make up a glass of parsley red wine this evening. i will report back, nice one oilman, good find.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

MMPA
#30 Posted : 5/2/2012 9:51:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just filtered mine and it looks pretty murky. Is that how yours was OP?

oilman
#31 Posted : 5/3/2012 4:18:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. It came out sort of hazy with a brownish green color. It tasted spicy but not over powering. Mostly I tasted the anise flavor. Let me know how it
went.

redeyes drag on
#32 Posted : 5/3/2012 8:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oilman wrote:
Update - After a number of spiced wine tests, I've settled on the following as the best combination for "Space Wine":

1 glass of white wine
1 tbs unground star anise
1 tbs unground peppercorns
1 tbs basil
2 whole nutmeg nuts

Soak the mixture for 24-48 hours. Then filter out the spices and drink. The effects come on quickly. It feels euphoric, has some visuals, and is really something fun to try.

I think I will try this "space wine", just to be clear, is it 1 tablespoon or 1 teaspoon?

oilman
#33 Posted : 5/4/2012 3:42:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been using table spoons, but teaspoons would be a bit weaker.

MMPA
#34 Posted : 5/10/2012 2:16:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately, after I made the mix, I didn't want to go through with drinking it because of all the possible future contraindictions relating to MAOI's and I didn't want to risk it so I threw it out. I probably won't have space wine for a long time. =\

oilman
#35 Posted : 5/15/2012 2:50:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sorry to hear that.

Has anyone else tried this? You can literally just use 2 tbs. of basil in a cup of wine to get mild effects.

tony
#36 Posted : 5/15/2012 3:19:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The effects you described sounded very similar, although not as intense, as what I felt the time I chewed up 2 whole nutmegs. I'm not sure of the activity of the other ingredients, but I have a feeling just skipping the 2 day soak and just going straight to "eat a bunch of nutmeg and have some wine" would have similar (or maybe even the same) effects. Although it maybe tastes really nice which would make the recipe very worthwhile Very happy
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

MMPA
#37 Posted : 5/15/2012 11:41:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tony wrote:
I'm not sure of the activity of the other ingredients, but I have a feeling just skipping the 2 day soak and just going straight to "eat a bunch of nutmeg and have some wine" would have similar (or maybe even the same) effects. Although it maybe tastes really nice which would make the recipe very worthwhile Very happy

Having tried 10g of whole nutmeg, I do not recall feeling any kind of "energetic" feeling but rather a sluggish and more THC-like feeling. If there is an energetic "amphetamine" feeling then it must be from some kind of other interaction/synergy.

tony
#38 Posted : 5/16/2012 12:40:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MMPA wrote:
tony wrote:
I'm not sure of the activity of the other ingredients, but I have a feeling just skipping the 2 day soak and just going straight to "eat a bunch of nutmeg and have some wine" would have similar (or maybe even the same) effects. Although it maybe tastes really nice which would make the recipe very worthwhile Very happy

Having tried 10g of whole nutmeg, I do not recall feeling any kind of "energetic" feeling but rather a sluggish and more THC-like feeling. If there is an energetic "amphetamine" feeling then it must be from some kind of other interaction/synergy.

I guess there must be a subjective element to it, for me I felt like I had taken a massive overdose of caffeine, with some mild visuals and my heart going fast. I ate them because I had heard nutmeg gets you stoned (I was fairly young at the time), all I got was a very anxious speed like buzz with at points a pretty elevated heart rate.
-Я Ξ √ Ω L U T ↑ Ø N-

saulsilver
#39 Posted : 4/1/2015 1:01:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After a lot of research here and there, ayurvedic's book,nexus,drug-forum I finally come across with a new elements to get into the hyperspace!
I know Space Cake,Nutmeg, and so on are just for the most of the people shitty crap or something, but I was looking into something for replace alcohol or mild-easy trip.
I don't get shrooms to often or acid, and I don't wanna drink much anymore, and even weed it's for me too much potent.
I also don't love pills in general, because I don't trust dealers or RC's sites. I actually would love growing my own marijuana,mushrooms but I simply can't.

So, the point is that this is the original recipe:

4 parts nutmeg (ground from whole nutmeg)
4 parts almonds (soak overnight and rinse)
4 parts raw pistachios
2 parts cinnamon
1 part cumin
1 part tarragon
1 part oregano
1 part basil
1 part turmeric
1/2 part cayenne pepper
1/2 part black pepper
maple syrup (to taste)

Grind all the dry ingredients into a very fine powder. Add syrup and mix. About 2 tablespoons makes a "decent dose".

All ingredients need to be present. It’s said that if any one of the herbs are omitted, it doesn’t work well.

So that means that the ratio is:

4 Nutmeg 1.9047619048gr
4 almonds soaked 1.9047619048gr
4 Pistachios NOT toasted 1.9047619048gr
2 Cinnamon 0.9523809524gr
1 Cumin 0.4761904762gr
1 Tarragon 0.4761904762gr
1 Oregano 0.4761904762gr
1 Basil 0.4761904762gr
1 Turmeric 0.4761904762gr
0.5 Black pepper 0.2380952381gr
0.5 Chilli 0.2380952381gr
1 Maple syrup 0.4761904762gr (your choice)

** On erowid recommend two tablespoons cooking, or about 15-20gr eye, but to me it seems so.
** The almonds in their shells then take ammollatele a night or a few hours in the dark and then drain. If

used those not soaked you will not have the same effect. This is due to the fact that more is soaked more

Inhibits certain enzymes (non-P450 but ALDH). (For appropriate inquiries, herbpedia.wikidot.com)
** Same thing for the pistachios, ONLY NON-ROASTED (RAW).

I set as standard dose 10gr, so the ratios are balance.
Anyway a normal standard dose is 15-20gr, but I want to point out that the nutmeg dose is low, and not so big.
I think IMHO, that a normal dose of nutmeg between 1 and 5gr is ok, not everyday but it's like taking 10,20,30gr
One nut is 3-5gr.
500mg is a safe dose for Ayurveda. But I don't know when the toxic (due to trimiristicin,tujolene,camphor) starts to kick in. I'm sure that Essential Oil of Nutmeg is almost non-toxic, but I found it less trippy.

Considerations:

Note 1: The mace is perhaps less dangerous than nutmeg, with less trimiristicin, I tried only two times mace alone, and with the first champ(from Indonesia) the mellow-marijuanish feeling starts in 30min, and not 6 hours like nut; also the effect lasts only 3hours. But, I also tried another champ of mace (from Papa Guinea) and the feeling starts immediately and peak after 2hours.
Mace is fantastic!!

Other supplements:

Cocoa (best extract)
Kola
Guarana
Kratom
Green tea (extract)
Star anise P450 Inhibitors
Black cumin P450 Inhibitors
Caffeine
Calamus (?)
Cannabis

Do NOT mix WITH THESE SUBSTANCES:

MAOIs
Kanna
Hypericum (St. Jhon Wort)
Anti-depressants
Yohimbe

Note2: Cocoa and Kratom along very well.

I think and I'm almost certain that a good dose of cocoa,coffee,guaranà, and kratom will make the experience more like MDMA-like, or at least more stimulating and euphoric.

Finally,

Recipe for eat properly the Space Cake:

Preface:
Given that nutmeg is lipo-alcholsolubile is a well thing to use a oil or alchol. In

many books of ayurveda nutmeg is used as a carminative, anti-diarrhea, anti-gastritis and anti-

insomnia. The method they use is to soak in hot milk 1/4 tsp nutmeg before

sleep with a little sugar and butter (ghee).

The Eggnog is quite similar except that inside there as well:

cinnamon, vanilla, liquor (rum), eggs.
Now since I do not drink cow's milk and do not want to avoid alcohol, I change some elements:

Ingredients:
Coconut milk (or almonds milk)
Coconut oil or butter or coconut flakes
Soy lecithin
'Space Cake'

Heat the milk(but less than <80°Pleased, add the lecithin and melt thoroughly, then add all the spices,

mix well and then add oil or butter or coconut flakes.
If you do not want the coconut, use the whole cow's milk with butter (more difficult to digest!)

End.

saulsilver
#40 Posted : 4/1/2015 1:04:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oilman thanks so much for your research about oil infusion,water and wine space cake.

I always appreciate your metodic way.

I'm one of the guy who really love the nutmeg (also the esotic-erotic smell), and I get decent result with 1.5-2gr.
I'll done a tone of test, and report here asap.

Thanks oilman. Thumbs up

PAST EXPERIMENTS WITH EO:

Elemi oil: 10%Elemi

5drops oral: Works, like marijuana.
5drops transdermally: Works, like marijuana.

Nutmeg oil: 10%myristicin

25drops: like marijuana.

Sweet Basil: 80% methyl-chavicol

5drops transdermally: something similar to LSA-trip.
15drops oral: Relaxing

PAST EXPERIMENTS WITH NUTMEG ALONE:

2nuts: 48hours of trip. The first 12hours, stomach pain and diharrea, but after 12hours, and a lots of water and food(actually I got munchies) the trip was good, like marijuana but more Zen, less caotic. Know what I mean?
Cons: Red eyes, gastric pain, letargy, no euphoria.

1nuts: The same results above, but with no problem of stomach or something. Last 12hours.

0.5nuts: Less effect but for me very enjoyable. But always marijuana-like effect. 8hours.

AND:

PREV123NEXT