We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bufo Pardalis Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 12/21/2008 3:37:16 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Does anyone know if this froggie is active or not - or does anyone have a list of active bufo spp ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 12/21/2008 3:38:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

bufo alvarius..has 5-meo and 5-ho dmt
it's a sound

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 12/21/2008 3:43:52 PM

The Root

yeah i know about that one but there are so many spp - surely its not the only active one - info on other spp is sparce.
How could one test the venom for bufo prescence ? some kinda easily accessable regent ?
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

bufoman
#4 Posted : 12/21/2008 4:21:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trouts notes on simple tryptamines gives color reactions and TLC results for bufotenine. Many examples are given and one would need to check each for their own availability. One way would be to run thin layer chromatography (TLC) between the unknown species and the known species (or reference sample). In trouts notes however many active species are listed as much of this research has been done. If one does not have this book they must get it, it has literally everything known regarding tryptamine alkaloids.

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 12/21/2008 4:28:21 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I wouldn't try it with any other Toad or frog besides Bufo alvarius, others could be psychoactive, but they are likely also poision, please be careful.

Erowid says it probably has Bufotenine
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 12/21/2008 4:34:36 PM

The Root

yeah im well aware of the possibilities of toxins - does anyone have that book - can they check for me ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

bufoman
#7 Posted : 12/21/2008 5:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bufo pardalis is not listed. This doesn't mean it doesn't have it although there account is pretty thorough and many species are listed. Does SWIM have access to TLC or any chemical reagents?

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 12/21/2008 5:13:18 PM

The Root

nope
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

bufoman
#9 Posted : 12/21/2008 5:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If this is something one are interested in doing SWIM is sure you could obtain the needed equipment online. This would be an interesting project and wouldn't cost too much money. TLC plates can be relatively expensive. In doing this one could test a large variety of plants and animals for their alkaloid profile.
SWIM would have to play around with different solvent system (or check out trouts notes) to get good separation however many of the needed solvents can be obtained almost anywhere.